PDA

View Full Version : Agent of Change, Washington is Broken.

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I've been wondering lately, if Obama is an agent of change like he has stated in the past...wouldn't he be out there naming names of both dems and reps guilty of action in this clusterfuck?

If Washington is broken, which it obviously is, why is he sitting back and not trying to easily put these goons on display to amplify the point he is trying to make?

If he cannot break party ties now, during his audition, why would I trust him to do it later on?

This goes for McCain also. Even though he has a past record of it.

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Uh, he has to work with these people in January? Calling them out in front of the country right now will hinder his ability to govern.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I've been wondering lately, if Obama is an agent of change like he has stated in the past...wouldn't he be out there naming names of both dems and reps guilty of action in this clusterfuck?

If Washington is broken, which it obviously is, why is he sitting back and not trying to easily put these goons on display to amplify the point he is trying to make?

If he cannot break party ties now, during his audition, why would I trust him to do it later on?

This goes for McCain also. Even though he has a past record of it.

Because he's nothing more than a Monday Morning Quarterback. Change is something Americans want, so he's caught on and made that his whole mantra.

All that will change with him in power is who gets the pork shuffled their way.

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Uh, he has to work with these people in January? Calling them out in front of the country right now will hinder his ability to govern.

How will he bring change if he continues to work with those who have done wrong to the American people?

Findog
10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
How will he bring change if he continues to work with those who have done wrong to the American people?

You're right, he should appoint himself dictator for life, put on one of those army jackets with all those medals and strip these congressmen of the seats the voters elected them to.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
he's quite a pro going about concealing things.

Findog
10-01-2008, 01:21 PM
he's quite a pro going about concealing things.

Manchurian Negro!

Yes, I've heard quite a bit about how he's a scary sleeper Muslim.

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
It pretty much looks like Obama has this election tied up. McCain certainly isn't doing much to help his side.

Therefore, why not put the partsian b.s. aside now, and think freely.

Findog, as an Obama supporter have you not brought up these questions within yourself during the past 2 weeks?

Findog
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
It pretty much looks like Obama has this election tied up. McCain certainly isn't doing much to help his side.

Therefore, why not put the partsian b.s. aside now, and think freely.

Findog, as an Obama supporter have you not brought up these questions within yourself during the past 2 weeks?

I'm not blind. I think he'll be lucky to accomplish even a tenth of what he said he wanted to do in his nominating speech. And I don't believe any politician when he says he's going to "change" the tone in DC. I believe the Bush years have been marked by gross incompetence in foreign and domestic affairs, and I believe Obama will represent a change from that. I'll probably criticize him a lot once he gets into office.

BacktoBasics
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
This is easy. The laws of winning dictate that it never fairs well if you call people out in situations like this before millions of people have to chose whether they like you or not. Calling people out would open the door for people to attack his position giving those people an opportunity to sway other peoples minds about who this guy really is....right or wrong. You're better off winning and then attacking when these people can't affect the outcome of an election.

Never open unnecessary doors for you to look bad. Even if your right.

boutons_
10-01-2008, 01:45 PM
HUSSEIN's priority is to win the election, not save the economy, for which he has 1/100th of Senate vote responsibility, same resp as McLame.

neither candidate has any more power than any other Senator, and neither is on bank/finance committees

101A
10-01-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm not blind. I think he'll be lucky to accomplish even a tenth of what he said he wanted to do in his nominating speech. And I don't believe any politician when he says he's going to "change" the tone in DC. I believe the Bush years have been marked by gross incompetence in foreign and domestic affairs, and I believe Obama will represent a change from that. I'll probably criticize him a lot once he gets into office.

:toast

CubanMustGo
10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Ask Pelosi how well calling your opponents out before a vote works. Stupid idiot.

Crookshanks
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Obama doesn't want to draw any more attention to the reason for this crisis because he's right in the middle of it! Calling out those who are responsible would mean calling out people who are or have been involved in his campaign.

It's sooooo much easier to point the finger at republicans and claim you've been sounding the alarm all along. And what's so sad is that waaaaay too many people are willing to believe his BS - and he's riding it all the way to the White House. God help us all!!

clambake
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Obama doesn't want to draw any more attention to the reason for this crisis because he's right in the middle of it! Calling out those who are responsible would mean calling out people who are or have been involved in his campaign.

It's sooooo much easier to point the finger at republicans and claim you've been sounding the alarm all along. And what's so sad is that waaaaay too many people are willing to believe his BS - and he's riding it all the way to the White House. God help us all!!

stfu. republicans have butchered this country in 8 short years, you book burning bastard. :p:

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
So we don't want change?

boutons_
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Quit looking for a hero, for the cavalry, to ride over the hill and save your ass, make the sky sunny and birds sing.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Rumor has it, he's going to wear red tie tommorrow.

Crookshanks
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
So we don't want change?

Change - just for change's sake - is almost always a VERY BAD idea! Just look at the election of Jimmy Carter - we see how well that "change" turned out for our country!

MannyIsGod
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Such a retarded thread.

clambake
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Change - just for change's sake - is almost always a VERY BAD idea! Just look at the election of Jimmy Carter - we see how well that "change" turned out for our country!

why do the weak always hark to history when the present eludes them?

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
The Audacity of Inaction.

Actually, what Obama is doing is brilliant. Just sit back and watch McCain implode.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Change - just for change's sake - is almost always a VERY BAD idea! Just look at the election of Jimmy Carter - we see how well that "change" turned out for our country!I think his choice of Volker was change for the good. If Obama can do something like that, I'm all for it.

DarrinS
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Voting "aye" or "no" vs "present" would be a change for BHO.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Voting "aye" or "no" vs "present" would be a change for BHO.Actually showing up to vote would be a change for McCain.

Hasn't voted since April.

Crookshanks
10-01-2008, 03:55 PM
why do the weak always hark to history when the present eludes them?

Hmmm - ever heard the phrase "those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it"? At that time, the country was pissed off because of Watergate - they perceived Nixon as a crook - so they voted in the other party because they wanted a change.

Carter then proceeded to take our country right into the toilet! And I fear that's what is going to happen with this election.

clambake
10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Hmmm - ever heard the phrase "those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it"? At that time, the country was pissed off because of Watergate - they perceived Nixon as a crook - so they voted in the other party because they wanted a change.

Republicans then proceeded to take our country right into the toilet! And I fear that's what is going to happen with this election.

why do the weak always hark to history WHEN THE PRESENT ELUDES THEM?

Anti.Hero
10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Such a retarded thread.

Really? I thought it was an honest question worth asking.

Does it hurt your head to question, even for a second, your chosen one?

Crookshanks
10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
why do the weak always hark to history WHEN THE PRESENT ELUDES THEM?

Well, I guess that's where we disagree. I don't think the republicans have put this country in the toilet. For most of the past 8 years, the economy has been strong and unemployment low. This current financial crisis has been many years in the making - and it started with Bill Clinton. But that's another thread.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Actually showing up to vote would be a change for McCain.

Hasn't voted since April.
is a three month difference enough to call him out on it?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
is a three month difference enough to call him out on it?Sure. Why not?