PDA

View Full Version : Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament @ Tucker's Kozy Korner

nbascribe
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey peeps.....been a while.

Thought I'd drop this in on all the poker professionals in the Club.

Starting tomorrow night, Tucker's Kozy Korner, located at 1338 E. Houston Street, will be hosting a Texas Hold'em poker game every Thursday night in October. The game will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. each Thursday night and end at 10:00 p.m.

The weekly games are part of a monthly tournament format and is a No Limit tourney with no buy ins during play. Each player will receive "$1,000" in chip value and if he/she loses all of his chips for that week during play, he/she is out of the game for that night. However, the player can come back the following game night and start over with a new chip value of $1,000.

The player with the most chips at the end of the month will win a 19in flat screen television.

Now here's the best part...THERE IS NO COST TO ENTER AND PLAY!! That's right...you don't need any money to play in the tournament.

Just show up tomorrow night, fill out a player card that will be used to track your chip count at the beginning and end of each game, and have fun.

There will be two tables for eight players each (sixteen total), with two dealers.

If you ever wanted to learn Texas Hold'em and you didn't want LJ taking your money or you think your game is way better than Peter Burns, here's your chance. All skill levels are welcomed and WSOP/WPT tournament rules will be in effect during play.

If you guys are interested, stop by the bar, call the bar at (210) 320-2192 (ask for Michael) between 4 - 6 p.m., or you can private message me or e-mail me at [email protected] for all the info.

Hope to see you guys there.

G. Moore

Taco
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Tuckers By Cherry Street?

Heath Ledger
10-02-2008, 05:42 AM
airfare?

nbascribe
10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Taco.....yes....E. Houston and Cherry Street.

Heath......covers hotel and airfare....the tourney of champions prize.

Greg

Taco
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Cool, I haven't been to Tuckers in years!!!

Jimcs50
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I hate those freeroll tourneys. Everyone just shoves in and sucks out.

nbascribe
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
it's not a freeroll.....

Basically the first 16 players who are playing tonight are in the tournament for this month.

Of course as people bust out, you'll get the stragglers.

But its mainly set up this way to keep TABC off our azz!! lol

Bigzax
10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Wassup GMoney!!! :tu

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
it's not a freeroll.....

Basically the first 16 players who are playing tonight are in the tournament for this month.

Of course as people bust out, you'll get the stragglers.

But its mainly set up this way to keep TABC off our azz!! lol

Its a freeroll bud. Its free.

nbascribe
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Manny...you are correct.

Update on last night's tournament.

First night was okay. There were seven players including myself last night that began. We were set up for two tables of eight players each so we were another nine players short!!

Yeah the damn debate took the crowd!!

I changed the rules a little bit to make it more fun. Instead of 1,000 in chip value as a start, I upped it to 2,000 which worked out better. Also what I did was that instead of doing an accumulating total for each week, every player starts out each week with the 2k and by the end of the night's game (10:00 p.m.) we tally up and see who has what.

Back to last night. The tournament was actually pretty good. The company that was running the tournament helped out the newer players by explaining the rules of the game as we went along (not good if this was for serious dough but great for beginners).

The game actually started out funny. My friend who owns the bar won the first hand...after that, he was done by first hour!! And he is a pretty decent poker player...just not Texas Hold'em!! lol

The second hour saw another friend of mine who does play Hold'em become the short stack. The two new comers actually hung in there and played pretty well. At the second hour mark, they eventually busted. One player, Eddie, who gambles quite a bit in Vegas, went from middle of the stack count to top player in a move that knocked out the two newcomers. I later came up behind him as I took him and the other player in a three way showdown that included a side pot of almost $1200. Total pot was $2k. Eddie popped out with a three of a kind hand of 10s (spades, diamonds, hearts). The other players had just a pair of eights. I pulled out a three of a kind hand of jacks (pocket Jacks off suit, spade/club, Jack of hearts on the turn).

By the third hour it was just down to Eddie and myself where I went from having $5k in chips down to $2,500 and Eddie went to a big stack. By the end of the night, he ended up winning $12k in chip value and busting everybody out with zero chips. I came in second based on being the last hold out...lol. Was trying to hold until the 10:00 p.m. time call so that I would at least have a value on my play card!! lol

In any case, that was last night.

Next week, we start all over again.

If you guys wanna play, let me know. Like I said earlier, this is free and despite those who don't like free rolls, where else can you try to win a flat screen tv and not have to have a buy in!!??