PDA

View Full Version : Parker makes NBA Live 09 cover

Spurs Brazil
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/Spurs_Parker_the_cover_guy_on_NBA_video_game.html

Parker makes NBA Live 09 cover

By L.A. Lorek - Express-News San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker grew up playing National Basketball Association video games with his two younger brothers in France.

This year, he's on the worldwide cover of NBA Live 09 and he's thrilled.

"When my agent called me with the news, I couldn't believe it," Parker said. "I thought it was a joke."

Long before the Spurs point guard had three NBA championship rings, Parker played video games at home like a lot of kids dreaming of being in the NBA. Parker, 25, has played the game since it debuted in 1995.

For the past four years, Parker has graced the cover of NBA Live's French edition, but to make it on the worldwide cover was a great honor, he said. That's because he loves everything about the game.

"It gives me a time to relax," he said. "It reminds me of spending a lot of good times with my brothers."

About 400 people attended a launch party Friday at Beso, the Hollywood restaurant his wife, "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria Parker, opened earlier this year. At the party, Parker played the NBA game with his friends. He said Eva is proud of him, but she doesn't play video games.

The game is realistic, Parker said. But he joked that the cover, which features him charging down the court in his Spurs uniform, makes his muscular arms look huge.

NBA Live 09, which launches Tuesday, is the most technologically advanced game to date, said Matt Lafreniere, Electronic Arts’ associate producer of the game, based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.

"It integrates real-time stats from the court during the season into the game," he said.

honestfool84
10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
without sarcasm, isn't this old news?

rAm
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey Spurs Brazil, August is calling.

Yea... he says you suck.

xtremesteven33
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
????

duncan228
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
It was announced in June, I don't know why MySA came out with it today.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99790

duncan228
10-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Spurs Brazil, August is calling.

Yea... he says you suck.

The article is dated today, there's no reason to be nasty.

honestfool84
10-01-2008, 03:05 PM

yeah.
no reason to be nasty.

good job, anyways, brazil.

Spurs Brazil
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
It's in today Express News

koriwhat
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
EA SUCKS! too bad parker isn't on the cover of 2k9. fuck garnett!

Spurs Brazil
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Agree

I can't wait for 2k9

Slydragon
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM

:tu

dirk4mvp
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
kind of a lame pick.

SAtown
10-01-2008, 04:51 PM

First thing I'll do is rip up and throw away the cover of 2k9. I don't want a picture of KG pounding his chest anywhere near my home.

rAm
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM

I wasn't being nasty, it was a joke.

There was a thread on the front page of the Forum for a month or so, he should comprehend the article he is posting if the information is 3 months old.

Sissiborgo
10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Looking good...:D i am waiting for this one..

InRareForm
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Pssst, Hey Mr. Parker, nobody plays NBA Live 09

platenuts
10-01-2008, 06:13 PM
It's in today Express News

Now that is what I call late breaking news. Not talking about your Braszil. I inderstand and thanks. But I mean sorry ass news channels

baseline bum
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Kim Kardashian could be on the cover spreading her ass open and I still wouldn't buy Live 09.

rAm
10-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Kim Kardashian could be on the cover spreading her ass open and I still wouldn't buy Live 09.

Now now, let's not jump to conclusions here

spursfan09
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
kind of a lame pick.

not a lame pick at all. Its about time they start recognizing some players who have actually accomplished something in the NBA indivudally and teamwise. No Gilbert Arenas at least. Oh but I bet you think a non-lame pick would be Dirk right? :rolleyes

tp2021
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Fermixalot
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
not a lame pick at all. Its about time they start recognizing some players who have actually accomplished something in the NBA indivudally and teamwise. No Gilbert Arenas at least. Oh but I bet you think a non-lame pick would be Dirk right? :rolleyes

I agree, Arenas is one of the most overrated players in the league right now...his blog sucks too. How ridiculous is the notion of taking an ill-advised last second prayer 3 pointer just because some coach cut you from the National team?

What year was it that Timmy was on the cover? 2000?:flag:

duncan228
10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/promo/nbalive2000.jpg

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 12:17 AM

No, you dumb fuck, I don't think Dirk should have been on it. Why would you even say that? Because my favorite team is the Mavericks? Godamn, that's stupid.

But it would have made more sense to put Parker on the cover last year when he was fresh from getting a Finals mvp.

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 12:17 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/promo/nbalive2000.jpg

badass game.

IronMexican
10-02-2008, 12:34 AM
No, you dumb fuck, I don't think Dirk should have been on it. Why would you even say that? Because my favorite team is the Mavericks? Godamn, that's stupid.

But it would have made more sense to put Parker on the cover last year when he was fresh from getting a Finals mvp.

They have the picks set up during the playoffs. Idk why they don't wait a couple weeks and pick the "Fresh" pick, like parker last year.

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
They have the picks set up during the playoffs. Idk why they don't wait a couple weeks and pick the "Fresh" pick, like parker last year.

well, if parker won the finals mvp or not in 07, Arenas is still a much more marketable name and recognized easier.

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 12:39 AM
badass game.

That was the last really great NBA Live game. Live 2003 was cool too, but not as good as 2000. Live 2001 was when EA started getting cheap with their developers, artists, etc., and the series has never recovered.

spursfan09
10-02-2008, 01:09 AM

fuck you asshole. I was trying to make a point. but i guess you are too stupid to have a decent conversation or see my point and had to resort to name calling. And yea smart ass i did think you would want to see Dirk on it because your team is the mavericks. wow what a thought! :rolleyes The cover may be he a year late, but its not lame he's on it now.

spursfan09
10-02-2008, 01:09 AM
well, if parker won the finals mvp or not in 07, Arenas is still a much more marketable name and recognized easier.

so you think ratings is all that matters? That explains alot.

Manufan909
10-02-2008, 01:18 AM

I'd buy every version if that were true. Might not play it, but I'd buy it all the same.:lol

And I wish Iwasn't defending dirk4mvp, but it's true, marketing is all that matters to businessmen. If that also applies to 4mvp, then I take it back.

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
so you think ratings is all that matters? That explains alot.

where did i say that you dumb cunt?

It's doesn't take a very intelligent person ( i guess this leaves you out apparently) to realize Arenas is more popular than Parker.

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
fuck you asshole. I was trying to make a point. but i guess you are too stupid to have a decent conversation or see my point and had to resort to name calling. And yea smart ass i did think you would want to see Dirk on it because your team is the mavericks. wow what a thought! :rolleyes The cover may be he a year late, but its not lame he's on it now.

:cry

faggot

spursfan09
10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
where did i say that you dumb cunt?

It's doesn't take a very intelligent person ( i guess this leaves you out apparently) to realize Arenas is more popular than Parker.

man you need some anger management classes or something. just cause someone doesn't agree with you you have to call them a cunt? Its funny that I am getting on your nerves so much. anyway it seems to me you are the type of person who sees style over substance anyways. I know arenas is a more marketable player, but that has more to do with TP playing in SA. Arenas is overrated big time,a nd finally TP gets some credit that he deserves. Again, TP is not a lame pick.

spursfan09
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
:cry

faggot

awesome argument. wow you are great at debating and having a good conversation. can a girl be a "faggot"? hmm i guess I don't know. wait don't you cheer for one?

mathbzh
10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Pssst, Hey Mr. Parker, nobody plays NBA Live 09

I do... I don't have a PS3... just a PC :depressed

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
man you need some anger management classes or something. just cause someone doesn't agree with you you have to call them a cunt? Its funny that I am getting on your nerves so much. anyway it seems to me you are the type of person who sees style over substance anyways. I know arenas is a more marketable player, but that has more to do with TP playing in SA. Arenas is overrated big time,a nd finally TP gets some credit that he deserves. Again, TP is not a lame pick.

1) dumb cunts get on my nerves

2) where the fuck do you get i prefer style over substance from?

3) I know Arenas is overrated

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 11:16 AM
awesome argument. wow you are great at debating and having a good conversation. can a girl be a "faggot"? hmm i guess I don't know. wait don't you cheer for one?

my sincerest apologies, madam.

no, i don't believe any gays play on my favorite teams.

koriwhat
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
anyone wanna buy my 2k8 for $20 or my 2k7 for $10 or my 2k6 for $5 or just take my 2k5 for free?

all xbox360.

koriwhat
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
my sincerest apologies, madam.

no, i don't believe any gays play on my favorite teams.

but... but... i could've sworn dirk was gaggin' on something all these years. that wasn't a dick he was chokin' on? are you serious?

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM

but... but... i could've sworn dirk was gaggin' on something all these years. that wasn't a dick he was chokin' on? are you serious?

well he has been known to face rape guys wearing black and silver. so i guess that counts.

koriwhat
10-02-2008, 12:31 PM
well he has been known to face rape guys wearing black and silver. so i guess that counts.

dirk loves himself some sweet jail birds.
http://www.sptimes.com/News/070501/photos/flo-UNIFORM.jpg

dirk4mvp
10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
dirk loves himself some sweet jail birds.
http://www.sptimes.com/News/070501/photos/flo-UNIFORM.jpg

Nobody would be surprised if the spurs signed some of those guys. They seem to fit the age requirement.

koriwhat
10-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Nobody would be surprised if the spurs signed some of those guys. They seem to fit the age requirement.

this coming from a guy whose team just aquired kidd last season... have you not been keeping up with the spurs' recent signings or what? we lost a couple of old farts and aquired plenty of youth so your statement is a bit off.

plus i'd rather have an old team that still can get out of round1 of the playoffs then a semi young team that can't do jack shit to get out of the 1st round.

duncan228
10-06-2008, 12:17 AM
NBA Live 09 USA PSP-pSyPSP (http://xbox360.wowgoldit.com/2008/10/05/nba-live-09-usa-psp-psypsp/)

WhooHoo! I posted two 360 versions of the game recently now here is the PSP version. I have been waiting for this ever since. You need your PSP modded to play this, just like modding your 360 to play those releases

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp/parkerlive09.jpg

NBA Live 09 is the 2008 installment in the NBA Live series developed and published by Electronic Arts. It features Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs on the cover. 09 All-Play and will be launched under EA Sports’ new All-Play brand exclusive to the platform. NBA LIVE 09 is back with the best playing basketball game in the category that rewrites the book on authenticity and connectivity - but is still accessible enough for new users to get in on the ground floor.

Game features:

Dynamic DNA: The brain behind the game is powered by the premier analytics provider using NBA data for over 20 NBA teams, which evaluates Player DNA that breaks down how a player scores, Team DNA that rates how the players on the floor play as a unit and Tendencies that refer to the percentage a player drives left, right or shoots from each spot on the floor.

NBA LIVE 365: Made fresh daily all season long. NBA LIVE 365 takes it to a whole new level of connectivity, providing you an unprecedented level of authenticity and realism. Now every game truly is different powered by Dynamic DNA data updating daily.

Live Rewind: You can replay previous games with the updated statistical data that recreates identical conditions including injuries, hot/cold streaks, tendencies and player DNA. Pick-and-Roll Control This new two-man game mechanic lets you control both the ball handler and the screener, as you set screens and run two man plays, with on court instructions popping up to guide you through each play.

5-on-5 Online Play: All 10 players on the court can now be controlled by users on 10 different consoles around the world. Now the game outcome can be completely dependent on how you play as an online team