PDA

View Full Version : ***NO SPOLIERS***UFC 89(The African Assassin returns) Thread

Sokoudjou
10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
http://www.mmafrenzy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ufc-89-poster.jpg

UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben
Date: Oct 18, 2008
Venue: The National Indoor Arena
Broadcast: Spike TV (tape delay)

MAIN CARD:

Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben
Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera
Luiz Cane vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor
Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain
Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly

PRELIMINARY CARD:

Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy
David Bielkheden vs. Jess Liaudin
Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout
David Baron vs. Jim Miller
Per Eklund vs. Sammy Schiavo

Rip-Hamilton32
10-01-2008, 05:06 PM
good thing this card is free or no1 would have ordered it

dbreiden83080
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I am officially a Leben fan for the DAY

Please Knock Bispings head off, i hate that guy

cool cat
10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
good thing this card is free or no1 would have ordered it

Yeah it looks like it would make a good Fight Night card but not a full PPV show.

Evan
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah it looks like it would make a good Fight Night card but not a full PPV show.

Yeah for sure. But this card is more about making the sport grow in the UK.

PRELIMINARY CARD:

Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout

djohn14
10-02-2008, 05:24 PM

Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy--I dont know though, I like Hardy.
Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout

Evan
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Dude...if that happens....

Jardine will have screwed up two years worth of LHW plans 5 times. He is way too inconsistent.

djohn14
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I know...I just see Vera getting knocked out. However I will admit I dont know how much of that is just my dislike for Vera...That dude is a straight up jackass. Thats my new chatchphrase.

Evan
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
funny! lol

If Jardine wins I won't be surprised at all but man...what a massive buzzkill, for me anyway.

dallaskd
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM

It's not a PPV. This is free on Spike. Basically a Fight Night.

angelbelow
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
is gono going to have one of his famous eentrances?

dbreiden83080
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Dude...if that happens....

Jardine will have screwed up two years worth of LHW plans 5 times. He is way too inconsistent.

Jardine getting just massacered by Wandy, has thrown his career into a tailspin. He won a big one against Chuck but is very up and down with his performances. Everyone in Jardines camp on the UFC 84 DVD, seemed to take that loss really hard. Greg Jackson actually blamed himself entirely for it.

desflood
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM

Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout

polandprzem
10-03-2008, 05:12 AM
MAIN CARD:

LEONARD
10-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Cane is gonna whoop that ass...

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
LOL is this our first MMA fighter troll? Im sure everyone knows whos troll he belongs to.

Evan
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
LOL is this our first MMA fighter troll? Im sure everyone knows whos troll he belongs to.

Yeah not much mystery….hah

BlackSwordsMan
10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
why is Sokoudjou fighting so many cans?

Evan
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM

He's kind of fighting at his skill level right now. He has looked terrible in the UFC so far. Promising career but its clear he was over his head.

dallaskd
10-03-2008, 05:48 PM

wtf are you talking about???

He KO'd Nog and Arona. And then lost to Machida. Nakamura isn't bad, but better than a lot of guys at LHW. What cans are you referring to?

Cane is 8-1 (bullshit, should be 9-0, Irvin faked an injury IMO) and just got done ktfo of Lambert.

BlackSwordsMan
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
wtf are you talking about???

He KO'd Nog and Arona. And then lost to Machida. Nakamura isn't bad, but better than a lot of guys at LHW. What cans are you referring to?

Cane is 8-1 (bullshit, should be 9-0, Irvin faked an injury IMO) and just got done ktfo of Lambert.

I wish he in was in contention for the belt, He's another fighter that I like

dallaskd
10-03-2008, 05:55 PM

Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout

Evan
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I wish he in was in contention for the belt, He's another fighter that I like

He will be. I think he just rose a bit fast and looked rusty right away in the UFC. I think he will we be well on his way on a very good run here in 09.

Sometimes I think money freaks some of these guys out.

dbreiden83080
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I think a BisPing win will guarantee him a stint as a coach on TUF. SO for that alone i am begging for him to lose. I just really hate that guy.

desflood
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
For anybody interested (you know who you are :)) Sokoudjou will be the guest on mmaweekly radio tonight.

ATRAIN
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I think a BisPing win will guarantee him a stint as a coach on TUF. SO for that alone i am begging for him to lose. I just really hate that guy.

I really hate him too!! I dont care for Leben but im pulling for him for sure!!

dbreiden83080
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I really hate him too!! I dont care for Leben but im pulling for him for sure!!

Don't know if your reasons are the same as mine but i never liked him much from TUF 3. The whole show he just rubbed me the wrong way. I was a big Hammil fan, still am. So i was dissapointed he got hurt and Bisping cruised to the finals. I hated him beyond belief though after Matt got absolutely mugged in that fight against Bisping in the UK. Biggest joke i have ever seen and Bisping takes the Mike, and talks shit, telling Matt to "Go back to wrestling" then Hammill is a class act to the crowd. I have hated Bisping's guts since that day. Also i think the UFC has handed him some easy fights because they want to build up that UK fanbase.

ATRAIN
10-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Don't know if your reasons are the same as mine but i never liked him much from TUF 3. The whole show he just rubbed me the wrong way. I was a big Hammil fan, still am. So i was dissapointed he got hurt and Bisping cruised to the finals. I hated him beyond belief though after Matt got absolutely mugged in that fight against Bisping in the UK. Biggest joke i have ever seen and Bisping takes the Mike, and talks shit, telling Matt to "Go back to wrestling" then Hammill is a class act to the crowd. I have hated Bisping's guts since that day. Also i think the UFC has handed him some easy fights because they want to build up that UK fanbase.

Yeah for those EXACT reasons is why I dont like him. Im not a fan of the Brit assholes though. He is a prick and yeah Hammil getting robbed and him talking shit was the icing on the cake.

dbreiden83080
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah for those EXACT reasons is why I dont like him. Im not a fan of the Brit assholes though. He is a prick and yeah Hammil getting robbed and him talking shit was the icing on the cake.

I also think he is overrated. I have seen really all his fights and nothing blows me away about him. He has good technical strikes, uses his hands, knees and kicks pretty well but he doesn't have much KO power. Hamill did way more damage with punches than Bisping did in their fight. He has decent take-down defense, not much wrestling, he is decent at staying out of submissions, not very good at applying them. I'm really just waiting for a good 185 pder to expose him.

Evan
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3563.html

dbreiden83080
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3563.html

I see Josh Haynes is still fighting despite really struggling since TUF 3.

dallaskd
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
bump. predictions on the soku fight? it'll probably end up being a crazy stand-up war.

Evan
10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
bump. predictions on the soku fight? it'll probably end up being a crazy stand-up war.

This is the exact type of fight he needs. A good solid fighter who doesn't have a ton of experience like Soku and is still developing his skills.

I think you will be a very happy man OCT 18th.

djohn14
10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I hope your right Evan. It will be crazy fight. Cain-Soku will steal the show.

Evan
10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I hope your right Evan. It will be crazy fight. Cain-Soku will steal the show.

Could very well. Its most likely the die hard in me talking but I find this a very fascinating card.

Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben -Is Bisping a real talent or not?

Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera - What happened to Vera? Did he become scared of losing?

Luiz Cane vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - Lets see that aggressiveness return.

Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain - Again, mark my words...I have been saying for 2 years Carwin is a future stud at HW.

Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly - Will Leonard explode if Davis wins?

PRELIMINARY CARD:

Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy - Can Gono put a real streak together?

Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout - Stout needs a convincing win but I still believe in him.

djohn14
10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I know, I find it very appealing.

dallaskd
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM

Going with Baron. I forgot this was the same guy that just upset Sakurai.

djohn14
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
That will be a good fight, but Im going with Miller. He is sick. I really do like Barron, but I just dont know.

dbreiden83080
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben -Is Bisping a real talent or not?

I've seen enough of Bisping to feel he is good enough that he'll be in the picture at 185 for some time. I don't see a future great champ in him though, by any means.

Evan
10-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Sokoudjou’s mother is coming to the States in December to visit her son, whom she hasn’t seen since he left Cameroon in 2001. She has no idea he is a fighter. The moment will finally come when he has to confess to her what it is he does for a living. For the first time in his life, he will attempt to soften the blow.

“I’m going to have to tell her,” he says. “It’ll be difficult [to conceal] because now a lot of people recognize me and there’s a bunch of articles in magazines and once you get into my house there’s all this gear. I will take her to dinner, and then say ‘hey mom, look—Disneyland!’”

desflood
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Seen Leben lately? He's turning himself into a real animal.

http://i35.tinypic.com/4noux.jpg

Evan
10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
He must be getting sick of being a gate keeper.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 10:17 AM
WOW

Bisping had better be ready because Leben looks like he is taking this as the biggest fight of his career.

dbreiden83080
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
This is an interesting fight because Bisping has not really fought anyone yet at 185. Leben is a good fighter but if the same guy shows up that lost to Kalib Starnes, he's fucked.

Evan
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
He certainly is "Mr. Free on SpikeTV" and on the wrong end of one of the greatest UFC arse kicking on all times.

Evan
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Seen Leben lately? He's turning himself into a real animal.

http://i35.tinypic.com/4noux.jpg

he's also bringing the comedy

“Fighters are like strippers, they ain’t paying their way through college. You know we all got a bunch of problems and skeletons in the closet.”

dallaskd
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Sokoudjou’s mother is coming to the States in December to visit her son, whom she hasn’t seen since he left Cameroon in 2001. She has no idea he is a fighter. The moment will finally come when he has to confess to her what it is he does for a living. For the first time in his life, he will attempt to soften the blow.

“I’m going to have to tell her,” he says. “It’ll be difficult [to conceal] because now a lot of people recognize me and there’s a bunch of articles in magazines and once you get into my house there’s all this gear. I will take her to dinner, and then say ‘hey mom, look—Disneyland!’”

That's hilarious. Best of luck to him.

djohn14
10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Ohhh, I forgot his mom dosent know. That will be great!

dallaskd
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Ohhh, I forgot his mom dosent know. That will be great!

yeah, he has one of the most interesting stories in MMA....

The story of my life begins in Hom'la - Cameroon when I was born in the year 1984. At the age of five, I got involved in Judo through watching TV and a bunch of guys with some white clothes throwing each other. At the time I had no clue what it was, I just started playing around with my friends on the play ground until my brother's friend (Tchapkui Fred) introduced me to Judo.

I fell in love with the sport the first time I got in the gym. I had so much fun. After a few practices I set my goal to get my Black belt. My first match was one of the toughest matches I had ever been in. After that, I decided to better myself and train harder than ever. At the age of 13, I jumped in the adult training session. I was the skinniest, smallest one on the mat. The first thing I got from it was a sprained ankle that kept me stuck home for more than 8 weeks forcing my father to take my Judogi away from me, because I was just thinking about going back to Judo despites the cast on my ankle. As crazy as it sounds, I had to steal my Judogi to go to Judo and hide it at my friend's (Gomez) house afterward. It went on and on until my dad realized what was going on and finally allowed me to attend practices again.

During a Saturday morning session, I saw my Judo sensei being thrown all over the place by Olympic Gold winner Marc Alexandre who was leading a French team to come and compete in The "Tournoi International de la Ville de Youande." I decided I was going to be as good as him. Especially after receiving an authographed picture of the champ. I kept it and told myself, one day I will be an Olympic gold medalist as well and will have my own authographed pictures.

I had a chance to go to the All African Games and two African Championships. I got my butt kicked so bad that I spent some time wondering how that was possible. I thought I was training hard enough.

In my quest for better training for the Olympics, I made the move to the US where Judo America gave me a chance to train and compete as much as possible. During my training in San Diego, CA, I won a few tournaments such as the US OPEN, California State Championships, and the San Jose Buddhist Tournament. I also had a chance to have a match with Olympic class athlete "Shinohara" in 2003 that I won by Yoko after a shy O soto Gari. That motivated me even more. I started training harder and harder.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have a chance to go back home and attend the Olympic trials due to my visa situation in the States and my finances. I was a student, wasn't working that much (20 hrs a week) and I really couldn't afford the trip. I was so bummed that I threw my gis under my bed because seeing them would remind me of my dream that never came true.

I decided at that point to just focus on my school and work and pay off my multiple debts... nothing else. One night at work, my boss - Lou Demas who was a Greco Wrestler back in the old days, asked me to come out in Temecula to help MMA icon Dan Henderson prepare for a fight against a Judo guy (Nakamura). I wasn't really excited about it because I did not have a good knowledge of MMA. After a few weeks of him trying to convince me into it, and after a bunch of trash talking I decided to get my gi out from under my bed and put it one more time... Just to shut my boss up.

I got to Temecula and did what I knew best... threw people around. After my first night of training with Team Quest, I was so exhausted, excited and curious to learn some boxing and kick boxing so I could do crazy stuff like Jean Claude Van Damme. I always wanted to learn some boxing, but my mom has always been against it. She would tell me: "If you ever start fighting, I will beat you up myself...Boxing isn't for nice people" Scary huh?

But I was in San Diego and she was back in the Jungle so I started training with Team Quest occasionnally. After Dan's fight, I was asked again to help rulon Gardner get ready for his first MMA fight against Yoshida. That's where I really fell in love with MMA. Getting my butt kicked by Rulon made me realize that I really needed to work on my striking. I started learning Muay Thai, got beat down by a girl on my first night. I think she finished me with two leg kicks. I couldn't believe it. I was at least 40 Lbs heavier and way stronger. I didn't expect that kind of thing to happen to me. That gave me a better clue on where I was as far as my striking.

In the gym, I hooked up with my good friend Ricky Guro and we started some insane training. A few months later, I had my first Thai fight. I never knew three rounds of three minutes in the ring could feel like an eternity. Somehow, I won that fight, gassed and super exhausted.

A week later I had my first sanctioned fight that I won by TKO (leg kick). Thereafter, I started my MMA training with Team Quest and after a some practices, I finally had my first MMA fight in San Diego. It was such a fun experience. I had a tough fight against a tough fighter but I came up victorious.

My second fight was a little North, in the State of orgegon - Portland. I got rid of my opponent in the first round with a left kick to the neck... Sweeet!!!

I know I'm still new to this and I have battles waiting ahead of me... I just can't wait to have a fight where I can't even move a finger the next day...

But please don't tell my mom I'm fighting, I will be in BIIIIG Trouble...:lol

The Rameau Sokoudjou story will be continued.

djohn14
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Thats just awesome. I want it on camera when he tells his mom.

Evan
10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
He's one unique fellow.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/27979/2941569577_83eebfed37_medium.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
He's one unique fellow.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/27979/2941569577_83eebfed37_medium.jpg

home made tin foil predator masks pwn!

Evan
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I want one.

djohn14
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I remember when he came out with that on and I didnt get a good look at it, and I was like what has he done with his hair. And now I feel stupid. I would frown upon that if anyone but Soku did it...I love him too much.

angelbelow
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
He's one unique fellow.

lol

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Question guys

Since this is on Tape Delay broadcast from the UK should we do a new thread that says "Spoiler Free" or put that in the title of this thread? I don't want anyone in here giving results when the fights are on.

BlackSwordsMan
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
put spoilers in the title

BlackSwordsMan
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe two people from the UK wish to discuss UFC 89 in here? :downspin:

Evan
10-15-2008, 03:04 PM
I will wait for the tape delay for sure.

djohn14
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, good point. I dont want the spoilers...thanks for bringing that up!

Evan
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, good point. I dont want the spoilers...thanks for bringing that up!

For sure…thanks for bringing that up.

We have always gone live for these threads so why change it…if you come in you should expect spoilers just like any other fight. Hell…I was on here talking to myslf at 4am for DREAM 6.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
For sure…thanks for bringing that up.

We have always gone live for these threads so why change it…if you come in you should expect spoilers just like any other fight. Hell…I was on here talking to myslf at 4am for DREAM 6.

I brought it up and

So you are fine with the Spoilers in the thread?? Isn't it better to say "No Spoilers" so it doesn't ruin the fights. I sure as hell am not checking any results, i want to watch the event. Rather talk about it like it is live, spoiler free

Evan
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I brought it up and

So you are fine with the Spoilers in the thread?? Isn't it better to say "No Spoilers" so it doesn't ruin the fights. I sure as hell am not checking any results, i want to watch the event. Rather talk about it like it is live, spoiler free

Yeah I know you did bring it up...I was agreeing with djohn.

Maybe just to not create any confusion we should create anew thread an hour or so before the tape delayed fight starts? None of my friends care about MMA so I always watch them alone and it would be cool to discuss it even if its online.

and by "live" you mean "tape delay" on spike right?

Evan
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Actually I got one friend that absolutely loves MMA but when the blood starts he can't watch It so he has given up.

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah I know you did bring it up...I was agreeing with djohn.

Maybe just to not create any confusion we should create anew thread an hour or so before the tape delayed fight starts? None of my friends care about MMA so I always watch them alone and it would be cool to discuss it even if its online.

Actually on second thought, i'll just stay away from the board until it is over. You know how people are they never read. Somebody will blow the news. :hat

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:43 PM

Yes, i only thought of it because i remember after the Hammill and Bisping fight i was so enraged over the outcome i just forgot where the fight was for a min and logged onto to Sherdog and the result of the Rampage/Hendo fight was right there as they were doing the intros. Just wanted to avoid that again.

BlackSwordsMan
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Actually I got one friend that absolutely loves MMA but when the blood starts he can't watch It so he has given up.

:wow

dbreiden83080
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
but when the blood starts he can't watch It so he has given up.

What does he prefer Table-Tennis or something? :hat

Evan
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
yeah he just can't handle it.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
fixed.

LEONARD
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
-Michael Bisping vs Chris Leben
-Rameau Sokoudjou (#8 LHW) vs Luiz Cane
-Keith Jardine (#10 LHW) vs Brandon Vera
-Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor
-Paul Kelly vs Marcus Davis

Undercard
-Dan Hardy vs Akihiro Gono
-Jim Miller vs David Baron
-Shane Carwin vs Neil Wain
-Jess Liaudin vs David Bielkheden
-Per Eklund vs. Sammy Schiavo
-Sam Stout vs Terry Etim

Evan
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Twelve-year-old girl makes her picks for UFC 89

Fjai9tHAwCw

If God ever punishes me with a daughter, I want her to be just like this young lady.

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
The scene cuts on her video are hilarious. :lmao

Chris LIGHTS OUT Lytle :lol

djohn14
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Thats dbreiden

dallaskd
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Thats dbreiden

GSP has GRRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT Head Kicks!

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 12:41 AM
GSP has GRRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT Head Kicks!

BJ has great cardiooooooooooooooo

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Thats dbreiden

LOL, she got the "I hate Bisping part right, she is on my good side already"

Twelve-year-old girl makes her picks for UFC 89

Fjai9tHAwCw

If God ever punishes me with a daughter, I want her to be just like this young lady.

She was awesome, when i was that age, all i did was watch cartoons and sleep in class.

polandprzem
10-16-2008, 02:19 AM
This girls is so cool.
Yup I would like to have kid as relaxed as she is.

Umm I would get that UFC at 9pm so I'm excited I will get the event on noirmal time not at 3 or 4 am

9pm for me means 3pm on Eastern time

desflood
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
You get a pass on this one.

One time.

Evan
10-16-2008, 08:54 AM
*pulls out pen*

noted

ATRAIN
10-16-2008, 09:24 AM

Terry Etim vs. Sam Stout

desflood
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
*pulls out pen*

noted
By the way, dude - wtf???

:lol

Evan
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
By the way, dude - wtf???

:lol

???

Evan
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
ATRAIN...adding to this thread to not derail the other one

LOL why?

Because I think Vera is a top fighter who somewhere along just like Arlovski lost his edge mentally and somehow became scared of losing instead of just putting it all on the line and letting his talent shine. And I just don't think Jardine has much to offer at the top level…far too inconsistent.

ATRAIN
10-16-2008, 09:52 AM
ATRAIN...adding to this thread to not derail the other one

Because I think Vera is a top fighter who somewhere along just like Arlovski lost his edge mentally and somehow became scared of losing instead of just putting it all on the line and letting his talent shine. And I just don't think Jardine has much to offer at the top level…far too inconsistent.

Yeah I aggree with what you said about Jardine. Hey let that be that last time you compare another fighter to the greatness that is Andre Arlovski :). LOL I still think about that dream that I had about Vera and him hating me and us fighting hahahaha.

desflood
10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
???
"punishes me with a daughter"?

ATRAIN
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM

If I have a daughter I want her to be just like des :)

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM

Very long story of Evan from ages 14 to 26'ish....

I fear a daughter who is like girls on The Hills or something….Karma....That peaked with what I call the "Frying Pan Girl Era"

Leornard knows half of that story and rather enjoyed it...

My life so far has been a wild ride...:lol

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah I aggree with what you said about Jardine. Hey let that be that last time you compare another fighter to the greatness that is Andre Arlovski :). LOL I still think about that dream that I had about Vera and him hating me and us fighting hahahaha.

Yeah but you must agree they are insanely talented who somehow lost their fire. Of course…you are right…thats where the comparison ends.

ATRAIN
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah but you must agree they are insanely talented who somehow lost their fire. Of course…you are right…thats where the comparison ends.

I think Andre is getting that fire back. It takes a few big wins to get it back but granted Andre isnt as wreckless as he used to be. I guess I would lose the edge too if I lost to the big dumb oaf Sylvia too.

Evan
10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Andre is getting that fire back..

No doubt…I agree which is why I compared him to Vera. I doubt there is anythign wrong with him talent or physically. He was it everywhere but in the head.

desflood
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
If I have a daughter I want her to be just like des :)
If you have a daughter, you should hope she listens to her parents better :lol

By most standards, I was a good kid, but it's the few things I did do that my parents don't know about to this day... that make me scared sh*tless of my own daughter. Hopefully her brothers will keep her straight, but it's highly doubtful.

Evan
10-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I was a nightmare but my parents didn't really know...my leesh was taken off at like 14.

Evan
10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Dana on Vera via mmamania.com

As soon as he had a few wins and all the money got involved and his new contract and his ex-manager and all that bullshit, he’s changed. He’s not the same fighter he was. He needs to put all that shit behind him and he’s needs to come back and be the cocky, crazy Brandon Vera that I met a few years ago. That kid needs to come back. It seems that now the money’s involved, he doesn’t take chances like he used to, he doesn’t let his hands go like he used to. He’s got to come back and be the old Brandon Vera.

UFC President Dana White hopes to see the old Brandon Vera return against Keith Jardine at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben” at The National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England, this weekend. “The Truth” was undefeated before getting mired in an ugly contract dispute with the promotion and former manager Mark Dion, which kept him on the sidelines for more than a year. He returned to action only to lose to Tim Sylvia via unanimous decision and then Fabricio Werdum via controversial first round technical knockout stoppage. After the two losses at heavyweight, Vera took a 205-pound fight against Reese Andy at UFC Fight Night 14 back in July. He won the bout with a decision but didn’t look very sharp while doing it, attributing the lackluster performance to the weight cut. Broken Hand, bad stoppage and weight cut: All reasons (and not saying they aren’t valid) Vera has used to explain his three most recent performances … none of which include money. Let’s see which Brandon Vera shows up on October 18 and whether or not White may be onto something or Vera has indeed been the victim of misfortune.

dbreiden83080
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Andre is getting that fire back. It takes a few big wins to get it back but granted Andre isnt as wreckless as he used to be. I guess I would lose the edge too if I lost to the big dumb oaf Sylvia too.

Andre's 3rd fight with Sylvia was one of the most dissapointing fights i have ever seen. He kicked his ass in the first fight. The 2nd fight he again nailed him with that huge right hand, floored him, he just got a little too agressive coming in and got caught with a big counter punch from Tim. Tim was losing the RD badly though. 3rd fight i was screaming for him to just engage Tim. His hands are so much faster and he hits so hard. All he had to do was, throw leg kicks and let his hands go in a few more exchanges and he'd have KO'd him. He just stood on the outside and let Tim use that wing-span to peck at him for 5 rds. He does seem to finally be getting back on track, which is great to see. I was always a fan of his.

Evan
10-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Dessy…you get all set up with TVU Player?

Evan
10-17-2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7368-UFC89_PressConference_062.JPG

One thing I cannot stand about MMA is the tattooed up athlete and it doesn't help when they wear those gawdawful t-shirts… Its so cheap and low class looking. …....Give me the classy suit 10 out of 10 times. Bisping looks sharp.

I like my violence neat and tidy, thank you.

ATRAIN
10-17-2008, 08:58 AM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7368-UFC89_PressConference_062.JPG

One thing I cannot stand about MMA is the tattooed up athlete and it doesn't help when they wear those gawdawful t-shirts… Its so cheap and low class looking. …....Give me the classy suit 10 out of 10 times. Bisping looks sharp.

LOL yeah the classy look is totally the way to go. Bisping is still a douche though. Leben looks to be in great shape though.

dbreiden83080
10-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Can someone tell me what is with these guys that paint their fingernails. When did that start becoming less gay exactly?

Evan
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Can someone tell me what is with these guys that paint their fingernails. When did that start becoming less gay exactly?

Dude who knows…its some weird California thing. I f'ing hate it.

polandprzem
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I wonder if he shaves all his body

polandprzem
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
No, I don't want to know ...

Evan
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
No, I don't want to know ...

You just redeemed yourself.

polandprzem
10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
:worthy:

Evan
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Carwin (who will one day hold the belt) will make it to TV

MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)
Keith Jardine (205) vs. Brandon Vera (203) <Vera at 203?!
Luiz Cane (206) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)
Chris Lytle (170) vs. Paul Taylor (170)
Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Kelly (169)
PRELIMINARY CARD

Akihiro Gono (171) vs. Dan Hardy (169)
Shane Carwin (264) vs. Neil Wain (254) <Thunder match
David Bielkheden (156) vs. Jess Liaudin (155)
Terry Etim (155) vs. Sam Stout (155) <Stout bring 155lbs of pure death
David Baron (155) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Sammy Schiavo (156) vs. Per Eklund (156)

dbreiden83080
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Vera 203,

WTF

Evan
10-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I have a theory that Dana always stares at who he thinks will win as he sizes them up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/28407/ufc89_bispingleben_295_medium.jpg

dbreiden83080
10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I have a theory that Dana always stares at who he thinks will win as he sizes them up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/28407/ufc89_bispingleben_295_medium.jpg

Bisping is in great shape. 185 is where he belongs really.

dbreiden83080
10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Highlights of the weigh-ins are up at UFC.com

Evan
10-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Highlights of the weigh-ins are up at UFC.com

thanks dude

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Bisping is in great shape. 185 is where he belongs really.

excactly

he looks realy sharp on that picture and it looks like his muscles did not 'fall' when he was cutting weight.

Should be a great matchup! I'm so excited I can watch it this evening! :)

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 05:08 AM
http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_BrandonVera_003.JPG

U kiddin?

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 05:09 AM
I wonder what about his strenght.
It looks like he cutted too much especially when it is just his second fight in 205.

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 05:14 AM
http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_ChrisLeben_001.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_DanaWhite_001.JPG

- I'm officially moving to the havyweight division!

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_HardyGono_005.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_KeithJardine_003.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_JoeRogan_002.JPG
- So I got this wish list for christmas already

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_SokoudjouCane_260.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_VeraJardine_003.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_VeraJardine_278.JPG

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_RingGirls_006.JPG

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 05:15 AM
press conference

http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2811

haha looks like Jardine is bored

Evan
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_ChrisLeben_001.JPG

Dude...you.are.balding.

Accept it.

*runs fingers over shaved receding hairline*
*whimpers*

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship%20-%20UFC/UFC_89/weigh/UFC89_RingGirls_006.JPG

Yuck

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Yuck

Same here.

What da heck!

desflood
10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I wonder how much of her assfat they had to inject into her lips to make them that size?

Leben looks like an animal. He'll be the best we've ever seen him. And Bisping will probably still rip his arm off and beat him with it.

Nice to see Vera not looking all marshmallow-like. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

dbreiden83080
10-18-2008, 01:54 PM
excactly

he looks realy sharp on that picture and it looks like his muscles did not 'fall' when he was cutting weight.

Should be a great matchup! I'm so excited I can watch it this evening! :)

Should be good, i am going to stay out of here until it is all over, don't want to spoil anything. See you gents after.

LEONARD
10-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Yea, nobody post results in here! Stay off the MMA sites...treat it like tonight is live...

:fro

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Is this a spoiler thread?

So I will post results

Can I?

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 02:02 PM
It Is Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 02:49 PM
nobody here?

Great fights so far!

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm all alone?

dallaskd
10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
i will change it to "no spoilers"

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
fuck

dallaskd
10-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Here you go poland

Evan
10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Poland...use this thread for spoilers

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107348

We're waiting for tonight and I deleted that post of yours that I think was a spoiler but I snagged it before I could tell for sure since I glanced at it.

If this thread is spoiler free I'll be here tonight as long as someone else is. Anyone else?

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
haha

First of all Soko showed nothing!
Second of all they robbed taylor IMO - best fight of the night
Third thing - jardine got heart, needs more brain

And now the main event

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Bisping pumped up!

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
absolutely amazing - the best leben I saw

Bisping not bad as well as he won the 1st round

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Into da nuts !

polandprzem
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
To the distance - both exhausted

I think 5 rounds would be too much for Bisping.
Good fight, quite bloody :)

-------------okay you can close this thread or merge it :)

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Dana is starting to look swoll.

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
most everyone I wanted to win won

Evan
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers Reminder No Spoilers

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Kimbo lost

Evan
10-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Kimbo lost

SONNAVABITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
=[

Evan
10-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Well now the whole night is ruined....

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 06:27 PM
=[

Evan
10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
and here we go....

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Very nice Rogan. That beard is good.

Evan
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Very nice Rogan. That beard is good.

Evan Tanner tribute!

As usual...SpikeTV HD feed is stunning. Still surprises me. They most have spent a fortune on it.

Evan
10-18-2008, 08:24 PM
wow Davis...dude is looking sharp.

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Davis is a good guy. Glad he won.

Evan
10-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Sokoudjou rose too fast...thats all there is to it.

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:10 PM
jardine fight made me :sleep

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:11 PM
2 guys scared of losing...you could just tell they were both holding back. Drives me nuts.

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
vera was crying about getting more money and he fights like shit

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
gina carano could have beat both of these fags tonight

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
so sick of mr inconsistent Jardine winning...

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
vera was crying about getting more money and he fights like shit

no kidding...

Dear Vera...STFU and do something besides causing problems with money...

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
almost time for bisping I better empty my bowels

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
...........................well................... ..

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM
And There Off

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Has was your poo?

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Lebens corner looks ridiculous....my gawd I hate mma attire...

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Has was your poo?

:nope

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:45 PM
UFC 89: Watch yo nuts

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Bisping has way too much name recognition for being only a so-so fighter. Dude acts like he is the King of England.

I'm hoping Leban will land a lucky shot and knock him the FO.

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
That Jardine fight was a huge let down.

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
UFC 89: Watch yo nuts

Its been a problem all year...why is that?

Anti.Hero
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
LOL at Leben sticking his head out. I love that. 5 seconds left and Bisping doesn't even swing hard.

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Its been a problem all year...why is that?

bad eye foot coordination

Bisping vs A.Silva MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA :rolleyes

BlackSwordsMan
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
LOL at Leben sticking his head out. I love that. 5 seconds left and Bisping doesn't even swing hard.

yup that was nice

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:56 PM
great fights for the most part. Great event.

Evan
10-18-2008, 10:58 PM
QUICK RESULTS:

Main Card Bouts:
-Michael Bisping def. Chris Leben by Unanimous Dec. 5.00, R3
-Keith Jardine def. Brandon Vera by Split Dec. 5:00, R3
-Luiz Cane def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou by TKO (Strikes) 4.15 R2
-Chris Lytle def Paul Taylor by Uninimous Dec. at 5.00, R3
-Marcus Davis def. Paul Kelly by Submission (Guillotine) 2:16 R2

Preliminary Bouts:
-Dan Hardy def. Akihiro Gono by Split Dec at 5.00, R3
-Shane Carwin def. Neil Wain by TKO (Strikes) 1.31 R1
-David Bielkheden def Jess Liaden by Uninimous Dec at 5.00, R3
-Terry Etim def. Sam Stout by Unanimous Dec. at 5.00, R3
-Jim Miller def. David Baron by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:19, R3
-Per Eklund def. Sammy Schiavo by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:47, R3

Evan
10-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Carwin (future UFC HW belt holder) brings the gold again...no more undercards for him dang it!

Stout....ugh.......

angelbelow
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
wow gono lost.. i didnt expect that.

djohn14
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Carwin (future UFC HW belt holder) brings the gold again...no more undercards for him dang it!

Stout....ugh.......

Not if Cain "dont call me Kane or Cane" Velasquez gets it first...but if he is held back a tad bit longer...then I agree with that.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 12:38 AM
What was with 2 judges giving that 30-27 to Bisping?? He got his ass kicked the 2nd round. 1st round was pretty close and he won the 3rd. Enough with these events in the UK with Bisping headlining. The judging always is bullshit when it happens.

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 12:44 AM
How did the 29-28 happen?

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 12:58 AM
How did the 29-28 happen?

You had it for Leben

polandprzem
10-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Bisping was great, especially with having cool head all fight.
Even when he was provoked at the end when he knew he won the fight, he was carefull. Impresive win by Bisping but I don't know if he could go 5 runds on that pace. Agaist leben he had to move constantly and moving away from the left hand of Chris.

Well, I would like to see him in one more fight and then getting a title shot against Cote

Evan
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Bisping looked awesome.

Leben has ZERO and I mean zero defense besides a iron chin.

Soku needs a new camp because if he is as good at Judo as many say then they are doing an awful job preparing him. I have a feeling we will see him and Houston fighting for a 'who gets to stay in the ufc' fight.

Vera...go away. How you still complain about money is beyond me.

Jardine is nothing but a brawler with no game plan which is why he is so inconsistent. He needs to take a page from Bispings camp and completely change how he does things.

SpikeTV- Dana gonna be pissed when he finds out you didn't fit in the Carwin fight.

djohn14
10-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Bisping was great, especially with having cool head all fight.
Even when he was provoked at the end when he knew he won the fight, he was carefull. Impresive win by Bisping but I don't know if he could go 5 runds on that pace. Agaist leben he had to move constantly and moving away from the left hand of Chris.

Well, I would like to see him in one more fight and then getting a title shot against Cote

HAHAHA...WHAT?

Evan
10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
HAHAHA...WHAT?

He's right.

They have fed Silva everyone humanly possible. Who else is there and if Bisping wins one more there would be nobody else.

Its a mind boggling concept but its true.

IMO Bisping is very underrated due to that Hamil mess (where he should have lost) and people still struggling with TUF fighters being legit but I think he is a very good fighter who is becoming better. However, Silva would systematically pick him apart and fling him across Manchester with with a precision right.

polandprzem
10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Soku needs a new camp because if he is as good at Judo as many say then they are doing an awful job preparing him. I have a feeling we will see him and Houston fighting for a 'who gets to stay in the ufc' fight.

Yea well Soku was one dmentional and showed absolutely nothing. Same combination time and time again. That won't help him with anything. I don't know if he can make any progress...

Jardine.
Yup, I was telling that he has a lot of heart, I would not call him a brawler because he has good skills. His problem is a game plan or thinking while in the cage. When he took Vera down I was like wtf, and damn he did not knew what to do there and Vera was close to submitt him. he took him too early in the fight. I liked the fight though.

I got too much emotional with 3 fights
Taylor fight
Jardine fight
Bisping fight

and when I get emotional I'm getting nervous and can't watch the fight :D

TheTruth
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
He's right.

They have fed Silva everyone humanly possible. Who else is there and if Bisping wins one more there would be nobody else.

Its a mind boggling concept but its true.

IMO Bisping is very underrated due to that Hamil mess (where he should have lost) and people still struggling with TUF fighters being legit but I think he is a very good fighter who is becoming better. However, Silva would systematically pick him apart and fling him across Manchester with with a precision right.

I think he was laughing because Poland had Bisping fighting Cote for the belt.

Evan
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I think he was laughing because Poland had Bisping fighting Cote for the belt.

Oh hell I think you're right....

Poland...you think Cote will beat Silva?

You need to post here more by the way, Truth.

Evan
10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Yea well Soku was one dmentional and showed absolutely nothing. Same combination time and time again. That won't help him with anything.

This is true...its like he was so sure of himself he decided that he was going to win by highlight KO.

and when I get emotional I'm getting nervous and can't watch the fight :D

With much shame I have the same problem. When Silva dismantled Franklin I was basically watching between my fingers.

Evan
10-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Just saw Carwin whup up on Wain...Now I see why they didn't show it. Wain offered little resistance and it was like Carwin was in practice.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Bisping looked awesome.

I had the fight pretty close. Judges and commentators favored the counter-punching of Bisping vs the aggression of Leben but i thought he clearly won RD 2. Bispin backpeddaled his ass off in that RD. Bisping, has good speed and cardio for this weight class but he doesn't hit hard enough to be a champ here. Obviously there is only one Silva but he would maul Bisping something awful. Put it this way, the strikes of Franklin could not keep Silva at bay, what chance does Bisping have at doing it?

Evan
10-19-2008, 12:32 PM
mma means never say never nowadays but I would say slim.

Advancing forward sounds good but it doesn't mean anything if you're just letting yourself get hit.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 12:35 PM
mma means never say never nowadays but I would say slim.

Advancing forward sounds good but it doesn't mean anything if you're just letting yourself get hit.

In RD 2, Bisping did little counter-punching. He got hit with Leg kicks and mainly was trying to avoid that big Leben left. Even though Leben was catching a lot of arms he was still throwing. I'm fine with Bisping getting the decision but he didn't dominate and he showed he can't stay in the pocket with someone like Chris and take him out. I'd love to see Rich drop down and whip his ass. He'd hurt Bisping something awful.

Evan
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Agree

I think that was a huge test for Bisping to see if he could stand with an elite striker...which he did.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Bisping looked awesome.

Soku looked like shit last night. He is soooo one dimensional. If he can't hurt you bad with his kicks, he basically doesn't know what to do. He needs to get more versatile and come in with better gameplans and mental focus.

"Vera...go away. How you still complain about money is beyond me"

He was beyond terrible in that fight. I was screaming for him to stand in the pocket just once and let his hands gooooo. The dude is scared to get hit for whatever reason. He wants no part of a war, he just wants to do as little as possible to win a fight.

"Jardine is nothing but a brawler with no game plan which is why he is so inconsistent. He needs to take a page from Bispings camp and completely change how he does things"

He basically gets away with being a unorthodox striker. People have a hard time knowing how to attack and he hits very hard. But any technical striker with a good chin can handle him without much trouble. IF he fought Forrest again, Forrest would probably go in and out, and constantly circle his way to an easy decision win.

Evan
10-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Can't disagree with anything you said.

Evan
10-19-2008, 01:24 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2953632213_d5f1793b5e.jpg?v=0

Spursdaone
10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh hell I think you're right....

Poland...you think Cote will beat Silva?

You need to post here more by the way, Truth.

I post plenty. I'm just not who you would expect I'd be.

ATRAIN
10-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I post plenty. I'm just not who you would expect I'd be.

Did Truth just out his own troll?

Evan
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Did Truth just out his own troll?

It would seem that is the case.

This forum...is....bizarre.

ATRAIN
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
It would seem that is the case.

This forum...is....bizarre.

Well now we know who started that other thread. What a douche bag.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107152

Spursdaone
10-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Well now we know who started that other thread. What a douche bag.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107152

No shit I outed myself. I started that thread for a reason, and within 24 hours after I started that thread there were about 7 new threads started. There weren't any in the 48 hours before that. You all are welcome.

:toast

Evan
10-19-2008, 05:35 PM
hah......

geez Truth....thats pretty bad holmes. But whatever makes you happy.

Evan
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
No shit I outed myself. I started that thread for a reason, and within 24 hours after I started that thread there were about 7 new threads started. There weren't any in the 48 hours before that. You all are welcome.

Probably had something to do with a fight coming up.....

Things slow down in between fights.

ATRAIN
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM

hah......

geez Truth....thats pretty bad holmes. But whatever makes you happy.

Yeah you get busted and now are trying to take credit for new threads being started......THATS WEAK SAUCE LMAO......... fag!!

Nacho Libre
10-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah you get busted and now are trying to take credit for new threads being started......THATS WEAK SAUCE LMAO......... fag!!

i WANTED TO GET BUSTED YOU STUPID FUCKING WETBACK!

How hard was that to understand?

Evan
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Atrain is a damn fine Mexican, sir. Not a wetback!

djohn14
10-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Dude, dont say that. I hate racists, now get the hell out.

Evan
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM

Yeah not sure why that was needed.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Probably had something to do with a fight coming up.....

Things slow down in between fights.

Yeah and we post news in the MMA notes thread. Big stuff we usually do a new thread for. The UFC 91 thread should be crazy. Thinking we should do a poll on the Lesner/Randy fight.

LOL, ahh A-Train good stuff :toast

i WANTED TO GET BUSTED YOU STUPID FUCKING WETBACK!

How hard was that to understand?

:rolleyes

And let the door hit you very hard on the ASS on the way OUT!

dallaskd
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
He is soooo one dimensional.

World Class Judo= one dimension
Striking= one dimension

1+1= 2

Two.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Striking= one dimension

1+1= 2

Two.

Someone doesn't know the difference between what your resume says and what you show in a fight

One clue, it isn't me :toast

Evan
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Striking= one dimension

1+1= 2

Two.

Dallaskd

The point everyone is making is that he needs to use both and so far all he is showing is basically kickboxing.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Dallaskd

The point everyone is making is that he needs to use both and so far all he is showing is basically kickboxing.

BINGO!!

djohn14
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
BINGO!!

Your correct, he hasnt shown his judo. He has shown he can strike. I feel he needs to change camps or something so he can utilize his judo, because he sure hasnt done it here. I do see what dallaskd is coming from.

Evan
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Except for some idiotic children on sherdog...I don't think there is a single person who thinks Soku doesn't have true legit talent.

But lets face it...the dude is at Team Quest and that place has not evolved. They are a couple generations behind. He needs to go to Greg Jackson's gym or anywhere else really.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Your correct, he hasnt shown his judo. He has shown he can strike. I feel he needs to change camps or something so he can utilize his judo, because he sure hasnt done it here. I do see what dallaskd is coming from.

I see where he is coming from too, but the fact is he has not shown any versatility in his fights. I get the sense that he may look amazing in training but come fight time he is not performing like he's supposed too. What i saw last night was a guy who expected to blast through his opponent with kicks and punches and when he couldn't put him away early, he didn't know what to do. Nobody would know he has world class Judo, from that fight, he didn't use any of it.

Evan
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Judo is the next big thing in MMA....the fact that he isn't using shows how appalling his camp is.

dallaskd
10-19-2008, 08:29 PM
http://i6.tinypic.com/8fd40fo.jpg

Evan
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
brother he needs to use it much much much more.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
http://i6.tinypic.com/8fd40fo.jpg

He got Choked out like 2 min later

Evan
10-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Judo in MMA is the new butt kicking aspect of MMA...if he gets with a camp that makes him use his talents in Judo he is golden. Team Quest is so far behind the times. I will be stunned if he doesn't leave them soon.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Judo in MMA is the new butt kicking aspect of MMA...if he gets with a camp that makes him use his talents in Judo he is golden. Team Quest is so far behind the times. I will be stunned if he doesn't leave them soon.

He needs to vary his strikes also. He threw so many big kicks to the body last night and then he just took 2 steps back and was like "Huh, why is this guy able to take my shots so well" When he learns to attack with variety, combinations along with Judo, he'll be a force. Until then, not so much.

BlackSwordsMan
10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
team quest is the new team hammerhouse?
'' who needs to learn how to defend subs''

Evan
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
team quest is the new team hammerhouse?
'' who needs to learn how to defend subs''

Michael Bisping's Next Test? Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson Winner

^ bloodeyelbow

Makes perfect sense.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Michael Bisping's Next Test? Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson Winner

^ bloodeyelbow

Makes perfect sense.

You want Rich to drop down to fight Bisping

Evan
10-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I am a huge fan of Rich's but he doesn't have many interesting fights left so why not. To me Rich is neither a MW or LHW...he is a 'super fight' guy now at either class.

Same with Hendo.

Same with BJ at his respective classes.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I am a huge fan of Rich's but he doesn't have many interesting fights left so why not. To me Rich is neither a MW or LHW...he is a 'super fight' guy now at either class.

Same with Hendo.

I agree about the Superfight part of that but fighing Bisping is not a SuperFight for Franklin. It would be the biggest fight of Bispings career but a step down for Rich. I think he wants to see what he can do at 205 right now. Remember he said when he moved up to 205, that "He didn't want to fight guys that were coming off of losses to Silva" So he likely sees 205 as a new challenege. Rich still has a lot left. This man destroys everyone not named Anderson Silva.

Evan
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I dunno...I think swatting a young big name up and comer to half court does him some good. Beating a head liner is big no matter how you shake it.

Evan
10-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Same with Hendo.

And just for the record, I think these two have unlimited interesting fights left but are also super fight guys.

LEONARD
10-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Bisping is better than I thought...probably better that he won. Leben certainly doesn't deserve another shot at Silva...gatekeeper for life. That was the most lopsided 29-28 beating I've seen in a while...Leben was wrecked...

Vera...wtf. I thought Jardine 29-28 was right...

Cane is Silva-like in some ways...tough as hell...his punches do more damage than it appears they do...he's legit. Sokoudjou is a bad dude, but I think he's a mental midget...use the judo man!!

Happy for Lytle...

The Truth... :lol

Evan
10-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Sokoudjou is a bad dude, but I think he's a mental midget...use the judo man!!

2 words...

Matt Lindland

Evan
10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Lytle (sherdog)

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20081020011802_big_redo.JPG&width_size=570

dbreiden83080
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
I dunno...I think swatting a young big name up and comer to half court does him some good. Beating a head liner is big no matter how you shake it.

My point is though that i think Rich is commited to staying at 205 for the forseeable future and only a huge fight may get him back to 185. Bisping has not done much of anything at 185 to get Rich to want to fight him. He's 34 years old, i just don't think it is a big enough fight for him. If he wins his next fight at 205, he may get fights with the likes of Wandy and Rampage, that is far bigger.

dbreiden83080
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Happy for Lytle...

The Truth... :lol

I was very happy for Lytle. That was an all out war. He has busted his ass since TUF 4 and fought a lot of tough guys. He's had to work way harder than Serra has, who's been milking his win over GSP for all it is worth for the better part of the last 2 years.

ATRAIN
10-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah and we post news in the MMA notes thread. Big stuff we usually do a new thread for. The UFC 91 thread should be crazy. Thinking we should do a poll on the Lesner/Randy fight.

LOL, ahh A-Train good stuff :toast

:rolleyes

And let the door hit you very hard on the ASS on the way OUT!

LOL thankd DB, im just glad im not the only one that knows that he is a Dbag.

SAtoDallas
10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm glad that guy lost, there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. This is twice I've seen him fight and twice he's lost I'm on a roll.

Evan
10-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Soku got biotch slapped

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cane_slap.gif

dallaskd
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm glad that guy lost, there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. This is twice I've seen him fight and twice he's lost I'm on a roll.

who?

dbreiden83080
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Soku got biotch slapped

JUDO THROW!!! :hat

angelbelow
10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Soku got biotch slapped

LOL wow.

dbreiden83080
10-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Bisping is better than I thought...probably better that he won. Leben certainly doesn't deserve another shot at Silva...gatekeeper for life. That was the most lopsided 29-28 beating I've seen in a while

Bisping can fight but if he thinks he is going to strike his way to the 185 pd title he is sorely mistaken. He doesn't have big power and he doesn't have enough versatility in the rest of his game.

Evan
10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Is there anything more humiliating that getting bitch slapped and the follow by a wonderful combo punch?

What a beautiful left over hand...