PDA

View Full Version : Ack Alec Baldwin was against the bailout

whottt
10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Definitely gotta rethink my position on this. Michael Moore is a stretch enough...Baldwin is worse.

baseline bum
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
And Bush was for it. Stupid logic to judge something solely on whether a douchebag is for or against it.

whottt
10-01-2008, 11:25 PM
And Bush was for it. Stupid logic to judge something solely on whether a douchebag is for or against it.

Absolutely false. Going against a douchebag's inclinations can be better than going by your own instincts.

Besides...the line makes sense...Bush is big business, of course he's going to be in favor of it. Moore is an idiot of the people...if he clearly can see the people about to get screwed of course he'll side with them.

Now Baldwin is another thing enitirely...

baseline bum
10-01-2008, 11:47 PM
That's horrible logic. It's the argument that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. By that argument, Saddam is our friend because he was fighting Khomeni.

whottt
10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
That's horrible logic. It's the argument that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. By that argument, Saddam is our friend because he was fighting Khomeni.

He was when he was fighting Khomeni! Usama was our friend when he was fighting the Soviets.

These things change though...nothing is static. 60 years ago Western Europe was our ally.

4 years ago SpurFans hated Finley....