PDA

View Full Version : What could you possibly tell Pop to try and win another ring?

mouse
10-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Think about it! you already have many rings already!

Manu needs to take the season off so he doesn't turn into another grant Hill.

After all, you let David Robinson sit for a season, why not Manu?

What could you possibly tell Pop to try and win another ring?

:wakeup

Biggems
10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
do you realize what a tool you are.

let david sit out a year? david was legitimately injured. for the second half of his career, he played with a jacked up back, two jacked up knees, a messed up thumb, and other various ailments......but he played nonetheless.

do not question his heart or integrity.......especially when you have the likes of dirk "tin man" nowitski, jason "ball buster" terry, josh "i made the cover of high times during the playoffs and i hate america cause i'm black" howard.

david flushes more class, integrity, and character down the toilet every morning, than the entire mavs organization has as a whole.

now, back to the title of your post.....I tell pop to give the end of the bench a lot of time early on in the season. Don't be so quick to put and keep players in the dog house. But other than that, keep doing what he is doing.....4 rings 10 years and the best winning % in all of the 4 major sports leagues in the US means he is doing something right.

GO SPURS GO

Allanon
10-02-2008, 01:47 AM
After all, you let David Robinson sit for a season, why not Manu?

I knew it!

What could you possibly tell Pop to try and win another ring?

Remind him about the Gasol Trade
Tell him the 2009 draft is looking mediocre, nobody worth tanking for
Tell him Avery Johnson is back in SA because he wants Pop's job
Tell him that Manu promises to not play in the Olympics again if Spurs win this year
Tell him Scola said he's glad he ended up with the Rockets
Remind him that Phillip has 9 rings

Manufan909
10-02-2008, 01:51 AM
All good reasons. But may I add: He can keep the beard if he wins it all.

m33p0
10-02-2008, 03:47 AM
nothing.

Solid D
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
I would tell him:
"Hey Pop you're standing on my foot"

for, you see, the man cannot see his feet due to his masculine and verile beard.

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 02:38 PM
A man does not simply grow a beard like that unless he has much thinking going on within his soul.

Pop has gone back to the basics. He will go beastmode on Phil this year.

Texas_Ranger
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
''Keep the beard Pop''

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 02:50 PM
"Fabbs will forgive you!"

DROB4EVER
10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Look to trade for a big with upside. Need to get bigger at the 3 if possible.

Fabbs
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Get high with Mouse.

And stop showering with Chump.

ambchang
10-02-2008, 03:51 PM
You can redeem yourself.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I would tell him:
"Hey Pop you're standing on my foot"

for, you see, the man cannot see his feet due to his masculine and verile beard.

This made me LOL.

completely deck
10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
"Avoid SpursTalk poster 'mouse' at all costs."

anakha
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
"Fabbs will forgive you!"

You can redeem yourself.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

sprrs
10-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I knew it!

Remind him about the Gasol Trade
Tell him the 2009 draft is looking mediocre, nobody worth tanking for
Tell him Avery Johnson is back in SA because he wants Pop's job
Tell him that Manu promises to not play in the Olympics again if Spurs win this year
Tell him Scola said he's glad he ended up with the Rockets
Remind him that Phillip has 9 rings

Tell him Splitter stayed with Tau because he didn't think they were good enough to win a championship.

Spurtacus
10-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Pop, keep the beard. Beard = championship.

mrspurs
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Id tell him either your game plan doesnt work anymore. How many times did you call a timeout only to turn the ball over. Or you have no clue on finding bigs. Look how many bigs you've brought in only to put them in your doghouse. And in todays NBA, what good does it do to yell and cuss at players in front of national TV, who give 100 percent and are your leading scorers. Every player we bring in is older and the first thing they say is. The thing about Pop, is he yells at his starters so being yelled at isnt so bad. It scares most young talent away. This isnt the military and most of the guys you coach make more then you. You dont see Phil Jackson call a timeout and start cursing out Kobe in front of a national TV game. Be cool Pop and maybe you wont have to look overseas all the time. After all overseas is where alot of kids are going and will continue to go..........