PDA

View Full Version : Question

DBryant88
10-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Are we allowed to talk about boxing as well as MMA

ATRAIN
10-02-2008, 09:04 AM
lol there was discussion about this before the forum was created. I say keep it in other sports, but thats just me. I think ill keep my vote to "whatever des wants" :)

Evan
10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I honestly don't care at all but I don't think there is many passionate boxing fans here. In January there MIGHT be a large co-event with MMA/Boxing so we will have a thread at least once for sure.

But it makes more sense to keep it in the other forum I guess.

dbreiden83080
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
This was a big debate because we asked specifically for an MMA forum for a while and we like to have it for just MMA. But i guess some boxing is not a big deal but it will likely just get drowned out by all the MMA talk. So i'd put it in other sports.

Evan
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
If it caused Boxing fans to read out posts and recognize the sheer passion and enthusiasm that this sport brings us, thereby giving MMA a shot then I am all for it.

However I find that very unlikely.

dbreiden83080
10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
The thing is boxing just doesn't have much going on. So the threads in here won't last long. There is so much always going on in the world of MMA and it is so popular unlike boxing, which is on it's last legs. I don't know if Boxing will be relevant at all in another 10 years. All the best athletes that could choose boxing are likely going to MMA. It is the combat sport of the present and future.

SAtoDallas
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I was wondering the same thing, since I follow both sports. If the diehard MMAers don't want any boxing discussion on this board that's cool I'll just jump between forums.

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I was wondering the same thing, since I follow both sports. If the diehard MMAers don't want any boxing discussion on this board that's cool I'll just jump between forums.

The "other" sports forum needs all the help it can get

SAtoDallas
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM

The thing that sucks about having to post boxing in the "other" sports is that I'll be posting with golf, table tennis, curling!

dbreiden83080
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
The thing that sucks about having to post boxing in the "other" sports is that I'll be posting with golf, table tennis, curling!

Well Evan said he really didn't care if Boxing was discussed here, there is just not much going on in the sport, compared to all the constant incoming MMA news we'll be talking about.

LOL, yeah we knew that would happen. That is why Kori was so cool to give us this place. She saw that 99% of that section was MMA talk.

Evan
10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I think it would be great for some boxing fans to come in here and give MMA a shot. There is no need for people to pick one or the other. I think people can appreciate both although I think seeing both on 1 card makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I have already seen a bunch of new names cruise this forum which is great.

Well Evan said he really didn't care if Boxing was discussed here, there is just not much going on in the sport, compared to all the constant incoming MMA news we'll be talking about. .

I haven't the slightest clue what mods do on this forum but if for some reason I have any say, whatever makes everyone happy is fine with me. I will probably be the most minimalist mod this forum has ever seen.

SAtoDallas
10-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I think it would be great for some boxing fans to come in here and give MMA a shot. There is no need for people to pick one or the other. I think people can appreciate both although I think seeing both on 1 card makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to have both on one card. I like both sports but I'm not sure how it's gonna pan out.

ATRAIN
10-03-2008, 12:26 PM

I haven't the slightest clue what mods do on this forum but if for some reason I have any say, whatever makes everyone happy is fine with me. I will probably be the most minimalist mod this forum has ever seen.

Yeah I havent been at the boxing gym in about 2 months since my trainer moved but most of the boxers there didnt watch boxing but MMA hahaha. Some of them did though, but yeah like stated already there just isnt anything going on right now. I dont care either way but it would help the other sports thread out since we MMA fans left.