PDA

View Full Version : VP Debate Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I know its early to start this but I wanted to talk about it before it actually starts. I didn't want to wait 10 hours just to post these things.

First of all, I really don't believe its possible for Joe Biden to win this debate, but its extremely possible for him to lose this debate and to lose it hard. There is just nothing he can do in order to come out ahead here. The expectation game is so low that he has incredibly little to gain and everything to lose.

Now, that being said, modern presidential (and vice presidential) debates are simply a matter of playing prevent defense for 90 minutes. You're not likely to see these 2 engage each other directly very often and you're not likely to see heated exchanges. If you do, it is likely that Biden will come out behind; not because of anything he does or doesn't do but simply because he's up against a woman and because the expectation games.

And before any resident feminists (or Republicans in feminist clothing) chide me for saying its different because Biden is facing a woman, all the evidence points to this being the case. Barak lost voters in the primary season when he was snarky and confrontational with Clinton and we've already seen Republicans go to the "Thats sexist" card. Biden must NOT appear to be condescending in anyway.

There's a school of thought emerging that perhaps Palin can't really win either. That because the press has been so bad and that the expectations have been lowered so much that her ceiling has been lowered as well. No matter what she does in this debate, some of the negative feelings that she's an idiot will follow her. I'm not sure how much i buy into it. I do feel that Palin can score a win and make the American public forget about the interviews and the stupid answers and I tend to feel that the Dem base will always view her as an idiot but I'm not so sure how much of that translates into the middle ground. What I've learned about undecideds, moderates and independents is that they want to love everyone. They're likely to look for a reason to like that adorable Palin and her accent regardless of how many times Tina Fey comes back to SNL.

I'm not sure whats going to happen. I really have a hard time beliving that Palin is really that stupid. Its a hard pill for me to swallow that someone with a college degree, a career politician, and holder of a governorship cannot name a single supreme court case outside of Roe v Wade. I can name several that I both agree and disagree with just off the top of my head. I want to believe that this has been a miscalculation from the McCain camp regarding the expectations game. But then I look at our President, Dubya. And when I do that, I realize that motherfucker probably can't name a supreme court case either. Maybe not even the one he's a party in.

Anway, I think Palin makes it through ok but there are no earth shattering moments. And more because I'm going to DVR the Office and watching this will delay my watching of it, I want some damn made for TV moments but I don't see them coming. If we're lucky, we'll get some verbal diareah flowing from Palin's mouth and see the polls respond to that, but she's due a bit of luck herself and I wouldn't bet on that happening.

I pray she truly is Bush in drag.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I think Biden could easily win by simply showing his knowledge of the issues and keeping his answers short and to the point. I think both will be attacking the presidential candidates and not each other. Look for Palin to get in more jabs at Obama AND Biden's lack of executive experience. Palin pretty much just needs to come off as more likable and she'll do fine. Not necessarily a win on the issues but a win for McCain's base that is so desperate to see her shine again as she did during the convention.
This will be very interesting and look for Palin supporters to say she won and Biden supporters to say he won.
But I agree that the advantage is clearly in Palin's favor.

Palin is FAR from being stupid. You don't win an election by being stupid....well, with the exception of GWB that is.

mrsmaalox
10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Biden must NOT appear to be condescending in anyway.

Definitely his biggest challenge. He has yet to completely salvage his reputation after his treatment of Anita Hill at the Clarence Thomas hearings.

Findog
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Compare and contrast their answers to Couric on the SCOTUS question. That's how tonight will play out...that and she'll have a couple of zingers.

I hear that they want her to be a conservative attack dog. She would be better advised to keep the partisan attacks to a minimum and demonstrate she is competent.

clambake
10-02-2008, 09:53 AM
i officially like her better than mccain, now.

he told that damn story about Eisenhower and Normandy AGAIN, today.

jesus.

she needs to do outstanding just to slow the bleeding.

SnakeBoy
10-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Its a hard pill for me to swallow that someone with a college degree, a career politician, and holder of a governorship [you forgot 80% apporval by the people she serves]cannot name a single supreme court case outside of Roe v Wade.

You just showed that she is not stupid. It's amazing the left is going to keep on with the "she's stupid" attack when it's clear McCain has blown this election. She's has no experience dealing with the media at this level and she choked. That's not stupidity, just a lack of experience in dealing with this level of media pressure. Add to that the challenge of trying to be champion of McCains "vision" which even he has yet to articulate except for "fight, fight, fight, I'm a maverick". VP's never determine outcome of a presidential election anyway so why the hatred of her to the point of still trashing her when the election is really over.

Best I hope for is that she does a fair job so she doesn't get permanently damaged politically. So that she has the option, if she wants it, to polish her message and make a run at getting the nomination in 2012. Maybe that's the real reason for the irrational hatred on the left and the desire to see her destroyed now. Obama & obamabots seem to have a problem with women who don't know their place.

The idiotic talking heads keep showing quale getting slammed with the "your no kennedy" line and then saying McCain's chance of winning is in Palins hands. If they had any sense they would remember that Quale actually became VP. Definitive proof that the VP performance has nothing to do with McCain winning or losing. In the end, people vote for president not vice president.

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree. Screw McCain at this point. Just save face enough to return to beautiful Alaska.

jman3000
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I just don't want her to say "maverick" and I don't want him to say "change". I'd be happy with that.

Also I'd like for her words to be muted and voiced over by somebody who speaks a less migraine inducing style of English.

and for his eyes to actually be visible and not look like he's always squinting. TIA.

Findog
10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I just don't want her to say "maverick" and I don't want him to say "change". I'd be happy with that.

Also I'd like for her words to be muted and voiced over by somebody who speaks a less migraine inducing style of English.

and for his eyes to actually be visible and not look like he's always squinting. TIA.

But how bout that head of hair??? He's got some dynamite plugs.

clambake
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
she needs to do well just to halt whottts meltdown.

101A
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM

I'm taking a drink every time the word "change" is uttered tonight. Gonna have the mini-fridge stocked up, and right next to the recliner.

boutons_
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm reading several debate prep articles that say the expectations for pitbull bitch are now so low based on her Couric, etc screwups that she can only upvalue her cheapened currency tonight.

Her approval ratings in Alaska are almost entirely based on hitting the oilcos for more money (while also giving the oilcos a $500M subsidy to build a pipeline), but her Alaska approval ratings are down from 80% to mid 60s since she got sucked into McLame's losing campaign. In Repug-corrupt Alaska, she seems to be a polarizing figure, not a uniter or aisle-crosser.

Apart from supporting resource exploitation, including breaking law in publicly supporting the gold mine project, she has be silent on nearly all other issues.

florige
10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
she needs to do well just to halt whottts meltdown.

You can bet Whottt is going to TiVo this fucking debate....

SnakeBoy
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM

I like her voice just fine, she's alaskan and sounds like it. I find it more annoying when Obama is on the stump and thinks he's on a roll and breaks into his Pastor Wright routine..."C'mon, I'll change the economic POLICAY, the foreign POLICAY, the welfare POLICAY, Ah mean C'mon ya know"

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Whottt will be :jack during palin's answers.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Her voice can get on ones nerves though.

florige
10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Whottt will be :jack during palin's answers.

:lol

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
it is likely that Biden will come out behind; not because of anything he does or doesn't do but simply because he's up against a woman and because the expectation games.

And before any resident feminists (or Republicans in feminist clothing) chide me for saying its different because Biden is facing a woman, all the evidence points to this being the case. Barak lost voters in the primary season when he was snarky and confrontational with Clinton and we've already seen Republicans go to the "Thats sexist" card. Biden must NOT appear to be condescending in anyway.

I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying, but do you think there's any man out there that Obama could have picked that could have taken on Palin directly and won a debate without losing support?

I ask because I truly think Bayh would have been an excellent choice for Obama for so many reasons...one of them being his charisma.
I think he could have taken on Palin without offending female voters and without looking like a jerk.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying, but do you think there's any man out there that Obama could have picked that could have taken on Palin directly and won a debate without losing support?

I ask because I truly think Bayh would have been an excellent choice for Obama for so many reasons...one of them being his charisma.
I think he could have taken on Palin without offending female voters and without looking like a jerk.

Maybe only Richardson cause his hispanic is a semi counter to Palin's vagina but not really. Nah, Hillary would be the only one on fair ground there. It is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should feel sorry for the white male in the fight. Far from that. He just needs to be aware of the way public perception goes.

Timvp hit the nail on the head when he spoke on how this country views affluent white women. Its a good thing Palin isn't making any plans to travel to a certain island nation because if she dissapared in Auruba McCain wins in a landslide.

jman3000
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM
there's going to be a debate watch party over at the Bijou if anybody is interested in going.

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Timvp hit the nail on the head when he spoke on how this country views affluent white women. Its a good thing Palin isn't making any plans to travel to a certain island nation because if she dissapared in Auruba McCain wins in a landslide.

:lol

FromWayDowntown
10-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I think that if Biden is substantive and focused on what Obama is instead of trying to demonstrate what Palin isn't, he can come out of the debate okay. I think that's particularly true if Palin's tack is to repeatedly attack Obama and shy away from substantive answers. If Palin is on the attack and Biden tries to meet her on those matters, he'll lose; if Biden strays from substance and starts moving into personality during the debate, he'll lose; if Biden tries to compare himself with Palin during the debate, he'll lose.

If I'm in the Obama campaign, the time between now and Election Day is about my message and very little about dealing with Republican attacks. That's true of both my nominee and his running mate.

If I'm in the McCain campaign, I'm unleashing Palin to be that pitbull who is always on attack and I'm selling the sizzle.

Findog
10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I think that if Biden is substantive and focused on what Obama is instead of trying to demonstrate what Palin isn't, he can come out of the debate okay.

Which is exactly what he'll do.

If I'm in the McCain campaign, I'm unleashing Palin to be that pitbull who is always on attack and I'm selling the sizzle.

Wrong. She needs to show she knows the issues.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
http://wittyditty.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/palin_wins_debate.jpg

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Palin's not going to win over any undecideds with the pit bull act, which I'm 99% sure is going to be her strategy tonight. Everyone but the right believes she's an idiot, and if her performance tonight is a reprisal of her speech at the RNC, she will do nothing to answer those questions about her competence to lead this nation.

angel_luv
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
I am looking forward to seeing this debate.

I want to hear whatever both candidates have to say.

As always with political promises, I am hesistant to believe anyone, so it is more curiousity motivating me to watch than anything else.

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Before we start off, I just wanted to congratulate our lovely moderator on her upcoming book release. I wish it great success. *applause* Hey now! No need to stand up!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081001/i/r764971933.jpg?x=224&y=345&q=85&sig=yglRvB9MeKHctoxPlGC2DQ--

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Nothing like prebitching about a debate loss. :clap

Shastafarian
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081001/i/r764971933.jpg?x=224&y=345&q=85&sig=yglRvB9MeKHctoxPlGC2DQ--

Not terrible. But it would've been funnier if you had used the line Biden did when he told the guy to stand up.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-02-2008, 03:16 PM
palin has played the bitch card so she'll have an easy time tonight.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Last debate I set the over under on POW mentions at 3.5. I counted 3 references so I came in about right.

Now this time I'm not sure what I'm going to handicap. I kinda want to set the odds of hearing Putin, rears and head in any combination in a single sentence but I'm not too sure its likely at all.

Anyway, saying that gives me a reason to post my favorite picture:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4176/putinrearshisheadnz7.jpg

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
But she's not tough enough to take questions from a woman in a wheelchair, apparently.

In the name of all that's whottty, someone please protect Palin!

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 03:21 PM
:lmao

I don't know if Putin's "crazy eyes" are photoshopped in that image but god damn if they aren't funny.

101A
10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Last debate I set the over under on POW mentions at 3.5. I counted 3 references so I came in about right.

Now this time I'm not sure what I'm going to handicap. I kinda want to set the odds of hearing Putin, rears and head in any combination in a single sentence but I'm not too sure its likely at all.

Biden WILL say the words "Richest ___%"

Palin WILL say "Tax and Spend"

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Why else would Putin be moving in naval warships through Venezuela?

Why!?

Because Palin has that shit on lock-down up North.

Let's see Chump spin this.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 03:28 PM
How does one move naval warships through Venezuela?

A giant boat trailer?

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM

I'm sorry, but Russia better get a new crazy eyed leader because the simple mention of the name Putin makes me fucking laugh now.

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 03:46 PM
How does one move naval warships through Venezuela?

A giant boat trailer?

I expected something better than a simple semantics response.

I set you up nicely and that's what I get in return?? :nope

ChumpDumper
10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Ah, like I said, I have no idea when posters are being sarcastic anymore. Especially myself.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I've got the beer on ice ready to go.

Findog
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/10/tonight%E2%80%99s-debate-will-be-a-hard-fought-contest-between-the-eagles-and-the-wow-this-chick-i%E2%80%99m-debating-has-great-cans.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/joe-biden.jpg

I know a lot of people are looking forward to tonight’s debate between myself and Governor Palin. I think a lotta you out there are underestimating the Governor from Alaska. This lady didn’t get into elected office by being some lightweight. I think we’ve seen that she can bring her fastball when she wants to. And, I have to say, she’s a pretty good looking broad. I mean, she ain’t no Heidi Klum. But when you gotta spend all day on Capitol Hill staring at Nancy Pelosi’s empty-trash-bag tits like I do, this little Palin muchacha starts to look pretty damn good!

Oh, did I just say that out loud? My apologies. I’ve been going through some training lately to curb my habit of saying the first thing off the top of my head. Obviously, it’s gonna take some work. What I meant to say was that the governor is an attractive woman. Very attractive. Hugely bangable. Back in Scranton, we used call chicks like her “meatplows,” cause you could just hitch yourself to ‘em all day long out in the field.

Anyone here mind if I take my jacket off? Sometimes the ol’ pits get a little damp. But you get used to the smell. Smells like the floor of a rain-soaked forest, if you ask me.

Anyway, I think this debate tonight is gonna be a great chance for the people of America to see just how stark the differences are between my philosophy and Governor Palin’s. Governor Palin supports tax cuts for rich people. I think we need to give the middle class a break. Governor Palin thinks the Iraq War was ordained by God. I think it was a made by a corrupt administration. Also, I sometimes like tossing on a dog collar when I jerk off. I dunno if the Governor does that. But if she did, that would be way hot.

Hey, look at that dude over in the corner of the auditorium! He’s missing an index finger! Christ, that’s odd. I can’t stop staring!

I think tonight’s debate is going to be a hard-fought contest that’s going to come right down to ISSUES. It’s gonna be like a defensive battle between the Steelers and Eagles. You know, I ride the train every day with hard-working people. They’re football fans. They’re fathers. And mothers. They’re just like you and me. I bet that, like me, they sometimes run out of toilet paper in the train bathroom, then they have to rip up the cardboard toilet paper tube, and then try and scoop out the rest of their poop that way, only there’s still a little left, so they just have to suck it up and spend the rest of the ride to Wilmington rolling the dice with a little brown cigarillo tethered to their ass hairs.

You see America? I get it.

A lot of you people out there are hurting right now. You turn on the NFL because it’s your only solace from rising gas prices, and falling home values, and the fact that all the little Chinamen are coming to take your jobs. I get it. Those Chinamen are totally sneaky. They eat scallion pancakes. That’s weird in my book.

I know how it is for everyday folks. You sit around your kitchen table at night, and you talk with your wife about how you’re gonna pay the bills. And then your wife says, “Well, maybe we don’t need cable.” And then you say, “Fuck that. That cable is my only hope of drowning out your shrill whine, lady.” And then she says, “Fuck you! Stop banging the receptionist!” And then you go stay at the Hay Adams for a week or two.

I know how that feels. I really do.

I’m looking forward to going head-to-head the Governor tonight to show you people just what Barack Obama and I stand for. We stand for jobs. We stand for providing good health care. We stand for alternative energy. We stand for miles upon miles of progress-choking governmental bureaucracy. We stand for…

Hey, who made this dip? God, it tastes like shit. Oh, you made it Shirley? Sorry about that. Actually, I think it tastes very interesting!

Governor Palin is a tough lady. She hunts moose, or sea lions, or whatever it is those freaky Alaska Eskimo igloo-lickers do. So, you folks who think this is going to some kind of easy debate for me tonight, you’d best be warned! Politics is like football: nothing comes easy, folks. You gotta work hard for every inch you got. Especially when you’re going head to head with a chick like Palin. I gotta bite through my finger just to keep from running my hand up that hot momma’s thigh, know what I mean? God, If I could just smear a little honey on those cans.

Hey look! Those two guys are holding hands! They’re totally gay! God, that’ll never stop looking bizarre to me.

clambake
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Ocotillo
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
This debate format is different from Obama/McCain I. There is not to be any interaction between the candidates. They will be asked a question and will have two minutes to respond and then 30 second follow ups.

I think this is to Palin's advantage. Her trouble is thinking on her feet and taking a follow up question. She will be able to rattle off whatever talking points she has in her head to say but will not be challenged on them hence I think that is why Politico is saying she is planning to go on the offense.

Biden has a lot to lose because everyone has been seeing clips of the Couric interview all week and expect Palin to look lost, that won't happen.

His best bet is to articulate what Obama's position is in as short of a time as possible. The more she has to talk, the better for him.

boutons_
10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Expectations for pitbull bitch are very low, so just not embarrassing herself would be a W.

temujin
10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Good that Palin is NOT debating with Vladimir Vladimirovic,
because she could probably sell Alaska back to Russia.

For nothing and without knowing it.

Bigzax
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
i will be watching this debate and drinking a few too Joe!

i hope they show a rear shot of good ol sarah. :tu

it will be interesting trying to decide who would be better to run this country in the even that mccain kicks the bucket or obama takes a bullet...both of which are even money by the way...

10-02-2008, 06:19 PM
i will be watching this debate and drinking a few too Joe!

i hope they show a rear shot of good ol sarah. :tu

it will be interesting trying to decide who would be better to run this country in the even that mccain kicks the bucket or obama takes a bullet...both of which are even money by the way...

I can't believe you even have to decide. I'd take Biden over Palin any day of the week.

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Whenever Palin says job creation, everybody drinks.

Shelly
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
http://palinbingo.com/Palinbingo.jpg.jpg

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
http://palinbingo.com/Palinbingo.jpg.jpg

:lmao:lmao

I think Manny should make the over/under on how many times she says "job creation"

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I just found this for those of you who still want a little background on her.
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/8/L/2/palin-facebook-page.jpg

Ginofan
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM

:lol nice!

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I've got it locked on C-SPAN.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Over under on Job Creation line is set at 5.5.

Doncha know?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Manny, know any sites that are broadcasting the debate live?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-02-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL, Campbell Brown crying on CNN about how it's not going to be fair because Palin is more personable than Biden.

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Manny, know any sites that are broadcasting the debate live?

http://www.msnbc.com

Crookshanks

VERY UNFUNNY - ACTUALLY PRETTY PATHETIC

jochhejaam
Hey, can I call you Joe?

Great opening salvo!

One for Palin

TheTruth
Did she just ask if she could call him Joe?

Stabbin' Cabin
10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Did she just ask if she could call him Joe?

The fluff begins...

MannyIsGod
First impression, she's a lot more tense at the moment. I expect this to settle out after a few minutes.

baseline bum
Biden needs to wipe that scowl off his face.

2Blonde
Hey, I thought she was a hockey mom... wtf is she doing talking about soccer games.

TheTruth
The fluff begins...

YOU BETCHA!!!

Ginofan
10-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Drink one for "Country First!"

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
OMG did she just wink at the camera?

tp2021
a whole damn TEAM of Mavericks?

They're gonna choke.

MannyIsGod
Mavericks!!!! We Have Mavericks!!!!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
If the American workforce is so great then why do we let companies like Wal-Mart bully manufacturers into shipping our jobs to China.

2Blonde
Republicans known for putting the partisanship aside!!!!!:lmao

TheTruth

you BETCHA!

baseline bum
Maverick x 2. Finish your beer and grab another.

Ginofan
drink two! Damn all y'all are going to be drunk by 8:30 at this rate!

2Blonde

Nah, I think it was you she was winking at.

JoeChalupa
Good comeback from SArah.

tp2021
10-02-2008, 08:10 PM
you're dern right! Dagnabbit!
YEEEHAWWW!

*Pew pew pew*

WTF is Joe Sixpack?

ducks
she has some steel balls so far

baseline bum
Hockey mom. Fire up a spliff.

MannyIsGod
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

A Republican complaining about predatory lending? Talk about bullshit pandering thats not true.

JOE SIX PACK? Well I think we know what angle they're going for here.

JoeChalupa
She does have her talking points down.

SpursFanFirst
We should be in the chat room for this so we don't have to keep refreshing. Anyone?

ducks
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081002/pl_nm/us_usa_politics

live if you want to watch from the net

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
We should be in the chat room for this so we don't have to keep refreshing. Anyone?

I think the chat is down.

MaNuMaNiAc
http://www.msnbc.com

2Blonde
Good move for Biden to go after McCain's record rather than Palin.

SpursFanFirst
I think the chat is down.

Bummer. OK thanks

baseline bum
My bad.. chat's up

ducks
10-02-2008, 08:13 PM
is he calling john mccain john

MannyIsGod
We Have Job Creation!!! Thats One!

Lol

JoeChalupa
At least she has the juevos to look Biden in the eye.

baseline bum
job creation. Take a drink

George Gervin's Afro
We need more bush tax cuts. they have been working well to date!

PixelPusher
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
She's just so "gosh darn" adorable.

JoeChalupa
You tell her Joe!!!

2Blonde
Biden caught her in a lie about raising taxes!!!!

baseline bum
John McCain voted for the alleged tax increase they slam Obama on? Is this serious?

JoeChalupa
Take the gloves off Joe!! and she ain't backing down!!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Bridge to Nowhere coming soon...

JoeChalupa
Here comes her resume.

George Gervin's Afro
MCCAIN voted 400+ times to raise taxes:lol

Ginofan
She not going to answer the questions? wtf

MannyIsGod

I may not answer the questions.

You think???

LOL x a billion.

jochhejaam
Good comeback from SArah.

So far she's holdin' her own <easin' the finger tension on the mute button>

2Blonde
Yea for her. She eliminated property taxes in state that has like 26 residents. Good Job, Sara! :lmao

JoeChalupa
DAmn, women aren't going to like that smile Joe!!!

baseline bum
Palin is changing my mind a bit; She's showing intelligence tonight.

tp2021
10-02-2008, 08:16 PM
at least they follow the rules. poor Jim Lehrer couldn't get them to listen to the time constraints.

JoeChalupa

I concur.

FromWayDowntown
Is Palin here to give the speech that she wants to give, without regard to the questions? Didn't she basically admit to just that?

JoeChalupa
at least they follow the rules. poor Jim Lehrer couldn't get them to listen to the time constraints.

She's for Obama and cut her off!!

ducks
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
biden you are an idiot

baseline bum
Biden is lecturing too much.

2Blonde
Is Palin here to give the speech that she wants to give, without regard to the questions? Didn't she basically admit to just that?

As truth would say....You betcha!

MannyIsGod
Oh snap bringing up Regans name first.

jochhejaam
10-02-2008, 08:18 PM
DAmn, women aren't going to like that smile Joe!!!

That's insignificant Joe

baseline bum
Redistribution of wealth? Are you serious Palin? Did you not see the redistribution of wealth this last 8 years? Are you fucking kidding me?

MannyIsGod

lol she's doing very well so far. This is what we all had to expect. If she plans on ignore the questions like she just said, I think she'll do fine.

boutons_
what bimbo of a Stepford wife.

Winking, non-stop smiling, mechanical, robotic bromides, slogans, catch phrases, motherhood, generic bullshit, content-free talking points.

FromWayDowntown
It's not substantive at all, but Biden's facial expressions aren't helping his cause; he looks too dismissive at times.

2Blonde
she swinging with that "me & Todd are middle class" (Fake smile)

Dex
10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Being patriotic is thinking the government is the problem?

I had to bust my Political Forum cherry for that one.

2Blonde

Winking, non-stop smiling, mechanical, robotic bromides, slogans, catch phrases, motherhood, generic bullshit, content-free talking points.

:tu :tu

FromWayDowntown
The references to Senator McCain as "John" is jarring and not helpful, I think.

JoeChalupa
10-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Whoohoo....this is great!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Biden would be winning this debate if he could show a smile.

InRareForm
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
She actually did a decent job at outlining the healthcare plan. But memorization seemed to be evident there, no doubt.

tp2021
Bridge To Nowhere Ftw!

Ginofan
Bridge to nowhere!!!!

JoeChalupa
That's insignificant Joe

Believe me...women will take notice.

baseline bum
LMAO! Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere! :lmao

SpursFanFirst
WOW! What was that look from Biden? :lol

MannyIsGod
Don't do that Joe. For the love of god becareful. You can't win, but you CAN lose.

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
McCain Healthcare Reform = Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere:lmao:lmao

JoeChalupa
Biden would be winning this debate if he could show a smile.

He's serious.

baseline bum
Biden is kicking moose woman ass now.

JoeChalupa
Don't do that Joe. For the love of god becareful. You can't win, but you CAN lose.

+1

baseline bum
He's serious.

People don't like that.

MannyIsGod
CNN's focus group has their reactions broken down by gender tonight and men hate Joe Biden.

FromWayDowntown
Biden's got some substance here -- good for the Obama campaign -- but I thought his criticism of McCain's health care plan might have come off to many as confusing.

2Blonde
Believe me...women will take notice.
I didn't and I'm def. female. Pus I couldn't care less.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Women love him though, but they don't dislike Palin either.

TheTruth
http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/John%20McCain%20button%20from%20Republican%20Marke t.jpg

Crookshanks

I've said it before and I'll say it again - boutons you are a mean, angry, vicious excuse for a human being. You have NOTHING substantive to add - all you can do is throw out these immature and stupid words. Your act is getting beyond tiresome.

td4mvp21
McCain doesn't flip flop Palin? That's fucking news to me.

Thunder Dan
LMAO! Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere! :lmao

she threw up a softball and he knocked it out of the park

baseline bum
Did she call Mobile Mulva?

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2008, 08:24 PM
that smile he just flashed her was super slimy :vomit:

MannyIsGod
For the record I think Biden's smile is not smug at all - and I think he's smiled a lot.

2Blonde
Biden's got some substance here -- good for the Obama campaign -- but I thought his criticism of McCain's health care plan might have come off to many as confusing.
I loved his breakdown. People need to hear some explanations to cut through all the BS Pailin keeps saying

td4mvp21
McCain Healthcare Reform = Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere:lmao:lmao

My response to that was Oh Shit haha.

tp2021
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
She just said "I haven't promised very much..."

Thunder Dan
all I can think of is the movie Fargo

jochhejaam

This is what you get when you cast a pearl before swine.

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Windfall profits tax. Time to take another drink.

TheTruth
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Why couldn't the Republicans have found a decent Ticket for us to vote for? This sucks.

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Why couldn't the Republicans have found a decent Ticket for us to vote for? This sucks.

well she does want to get govt out of the way..

Thunder Dan
she has the look that I used to have when I had to get up and read in front of the class

SpursFanFirst

Just curious...do you have a ticket in mind?

MannyIsGod
Rear that head!!!

Crookshanks
I really take exception to Biden's claim that redistribution of wealth is fairness. That's BS - and it's pure socialism.

MrChug
CNN's focus group has their reactions broken down by gender tonight and men hate Joe Biden.

Could it be because men LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Sarah "IwannbeimPALIN" her? Count me in!

Anti.Hero
Palin took the taxes, used them as state revenue, REINVESTED it and gave dividends to her citizens.

That's not fucking demanding companies send out checks to everyone.

Quit getting fucking walked all over Palin.

Jesus fucking christ. ATTACK THEM!

And then not calling out dems tied into fannie and freddie??? What the fuck is this weak shit.

Fuck the McCain campaign. Bunch of fucking pussies.

Thunder Dan
10-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Main Steeter that is worth over 1.5 million

PixelPusher
Biden yoinked Palin's "fightin' the oil companies" stump right out from under her feet.

Ginofan
"main-streeters, like me!"

George Gervin's Afro
I really take exception to Biden's claim that redistribution of wealth is fairness. That's BS - and it's pure socialism.

giving people thier money back isn't redistribution of wealth, is it?

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Its amazing the difference in how men and women precieve the same comments in this focus group.

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Could it be because men LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Sarah "IwannbeimPALIN" her? Count me in!
I don't get it. She's pretty but why would you want her as VP. The idea of that scares the hell out of me.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
She's going to just ignore he moderator and say what she wants. Thats gotta bit her in the ass a bit.

Anti.Hero
I don't get it. She's pretty but why would you want her as VP. The idea of that scares the hell out of me.

Because we don't want piece of shit socialists. It's not that hard of a concept.

baseline bum

The shrinking middle class the last 8 years isn't a redistribution of wealth?

TheTruth
Just curious...do you have a ticket in mind?

Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush

lurker
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
From now on when people ask me something I don't know the answer to, I'm just going to start talking about energy.

ducks
hey she has some balls
bringing energy back up is her strong suit

Thunder Dan
way to change the subject, Biden talks about economy, she thinks he really means energy...hey they both start with an e

Crookshanks
giving people thier money back isn't redistribution of wealth, is it?

He's not giving people their money back - he's taking more money from those "nasty rich people" and giving it to the freeloaders that don't even pay taxes in the first place. The top 5% of wage earners pay a HUGE majority of the tax burden - how much more do you think they need to pay before it's "fair"?

jack sommerset
I want to see Palin drop to her kness and suck Bidens KAWK. Then strap on a dildo a pound Bidens asshole.

George Gervin's Afro
Because we don't want piece of shit socialists. It's not that hard of a concept.

Obama's not a socialist?..

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
hey she has some balls
bringing energy back up is her strong suit
It's her only suit!:lol

MannyIsGod
I'm extremely turned off by her using this as an extended stump, to be honest.

baseline bum
How can you affect the impacts of global warming if you want to pretend it's not largely a result of man? What would you possibly change then?

George Gervin's Afro
He's not giving people their money back - he's taking more money from those "nasty rich people" and giving it to the freeloaders that don't even pay taxes in the first place. The top 5% of wage earners pay a HUGE majority of the tax burden - how much more do you think they need to pay before it's "fair"?

he said that he wants to give the middle class tax cut .. how much more clear can he be?

td4mvp21
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I think she struggled a bit on the energy question. Seemed like she stumbled across her answer and repeated herself too much.

2Blonde
I'm extremely turned off by her using this as an extended stump, to be honest.
Agreed!

Anti.Hero

Exactly. WHy the fuck would she not say thiS???????

What the fuck??????

I do not get this.

Crookshanks
I want to see Palin drop to her kness and suck Bidens KAWK. Then strap on a dildo a pound Bidens asshole.
go away - you're an idiot! What an offensive comment!

SpursFanFirst
Oh boy...He's got my dad all worked up with his global warming speak. I can feel it, and my Dad is 200 miles away! :lol

InRareForm
All her early memorizations and rhetoric are getting used up, she might be releasing some foolish statement gems at a rapid pace any minute now.

td4mvp21
Obama's not a socialist?..

Nope but apparently if you want to give tax relief to the middle class you are.

TheTruth
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I wish the Moderator would have the balls to tell her to answer a question.

2Blonde
Problem with McCain campaign..."If you don't understand then you can't come up with a solution."

BANG:lol

baseline bum
Palin's getting curbstomped on this question.

Anti.Hero
The McCain dickless campaign seems to think they will win by being nice.

Idiots. So much to attack these dems on and they don't say shit.

boutons_
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
she's programmed, running open and detached from the questions asked.

What a random jumble of a brain attached to a tone-deaf motor-mouth animated by the unreflective self-assurance of the truly stupid.

tp2021
Did she say "Senator OBiden"?

baseline bum
new-Q-lur

Finish your beer, and take two shots

ducks

What a random jumble of a brain attached to a tone-deaf motor-mouth animated by the unreflective self-assurance of the truly stupid.

what is your iq

Anti.Hero

And all the dems can do is ramble on how they will help the little guy by attacking the successful.

Same old class warfare lazy voter bullshit. And since only the top 5% have figured life out, the rest eat this shit up like fools.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I wish the Moderator would have the balls to tell her to answer a question.

No shit. This is not an extended fucking stump speech. You should at least have to stay on topic and not talk about whatever the fuck you want. The more I think about this more upset I get with how stupid the American people are if they buy into this.

2Blonde
drilling & raped during one sentence.:lolhttp://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

SpursFanFirst
Did she say "Senator OBiden"?

:lol I THOUGHT I'd heard that!

jack sommerset
M.I.l.F baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has my vote.

Crookshanks
Biden's nose should be about 12 inches long since he's lying so much. And Palin has so much to hit him back with and she' just not doing it. I'm getting angry!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Biden fucked up giving an intelligent answer to the same sex marriage question.

George Gervin's Afro
And all the dems can do is ramble on how they will help the little guy by attacking the successful.

Same old class warfare lazy voter bullshit. And since only the top 5% have figured life out, the rest eat this shit up like fools.

he stated that he is going to cut taxes for the middle class..how is that attacking the rich?

ducks
how gay

Anti.Hero
No shit. This is not an extended fucking stump speech. You should at least have to stay on topic and not talk about whatever the fuck you want. The more I think about this more upset I get with how stupid the American people are if they buy into this.

Give me a fucking break. I could easily say the same about Obama but you'd be too ignorant to even comprehend it.

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Conservative wench doesn't believe in same sex unions. Tolerant my ass!:lmao

InRareForm
If this was a football game Biden is winning 14-3 right now. Heading into 3rd quarter.

Ginofan
Straight up now tell me!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Is that what you said? LOL

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Straight up now tell me!

You betcha!!!! (big ass fake smile & wink)

Crookshanks
Conservative wench doesn't believe in same sex unions. Tolerant my ass!:lmao
She said she's not for gay marriage - which Biden just said he and Obama are also against.

MannyIsGod
Biden fucked up giving an intelligent answer to the same sex marriage question.

Yeah, I think he gave a great answer the 2nd time around when he thew the word "civil" in there, though.

baseline bum
He's the only one who actually fought for you moment coming up...

JoeChalupa
Here comes the surge talk. DAmn sarah is turning it on!

baseline bum
We have already lost in Iraq

George Gervin's Afro
I will have sex with sarah palin tonight!..and tomorrow morning!

MannyIsGod
10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Obama in no way avoided the questions the way she's doing.

Give me a fucking break. I could easily say the same about Obama but you'd be too ignorant to even comprehend it.

Ginofan
If you don't support same sex unions how can you be tolerant?? wtf

2Blonde
A great American, John McCain, ...no she's not stumping...:lmao

JoeChalupa
And I disagree with Manny in the fact that Joe CAN win.

tp2021
With all due respect, I didn't hear a plan.

Byahhh!

jack sommerset
I will have sex with sarah palin tonight!..and tomorrow morning!

Lets double up on her.

ducks
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
We have already lost in Iraq

a nuke would fix it

baseline bum
a nuke would fix it

You're a fucking jackass.

tp2021
Epic Stumble!

PeterBurns
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Useless Fact..Useless Fact...Useless Fact.....SWITCH.....Useless Fact Useless Fact Useless Fact...SWITCH

FromWayDowntown
"uhm . . . . . . . . . . . "

PixelPusher
If you don't support same sex unions how can you be tolerant?? wtf

If you don't stone gay people to death upon sight, you're being tolerant.

TheTruth
Did she just pause to remember a Quote that she memorized before the debate?

tp2021
Talibani?

Thunder Dan
who the fuck would we lose to?!

MannyIsGod
:lol Talibani

jochhejaam
She takin' too long on this one, cutoff coming

2Blonde
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
If you don't stone gay people to death upon sight, you're being tolerant.

Thank you for the clarification.:lol

lebomb
Palins answers..........well, when whe actually answers a question..........have NO substance.

tp2021
She stumbled, and proceeded to speak too quickly.

Ginofan
LMAO "That's another story!"

Thunder Dan
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
we would lose a war to people that have been fighting eachother for 1400 years

MannyIsGod
The deck is stacked against Biden tonight, but in my estimation I feel he's doing fairly well so far. I think Palin is winning but to be fair I thought Palin would win as long as she didn't openly drool on her suit.

Anti.Hero
Obama in no way avoided the questions the way she's doing.

referring to last sentence in that quote.

Crookshanks
There's a HUGE difference in voting against funding the troops and voting against a funding bill that had timelines!

Anti.Hero
I turned this garbage off. If Palin won't even call these pricks out she and mccain can go fuck themselves.

I will not vote for these pussies.

jack sommerset
Drill. Drill, Drill, bend her over and Drill that ho!

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
The deck is stacked against Biden tonight, but in my estimation I feel he's doing fairly well so far. I think Palin is winning but to be fair I thought Palin would win as long as she didn't openly drool on her suit.

Really?
I was just thinking that she's making a mess of this.

tp2021
Drill. Drill, Drill, bend her over and Drill that ho!

+69

Thunder Dan
she sounds like someone else is speaking for her

MannyIsGod
Oh, biggest plus for Biden so far is his insistance to treat Palin very well while hammering the fuck out of McCain. Pefect strategy.