PDA

View Full Version : Some House 'no' votes turning to 'yes' on bailout

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
AP
Some House 'no' votes turning to 'yes' on bailout

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer 12 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush and congressional leaders lobbied furiously Thursday for enough House support to push the troubled $700 billion financial industry bailout bill to the finish line, and the measure won converts from both parties on the eve of a showdown vote.

... continued in the article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown

boutons_
10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
More Pork, Hurry, We Need More Pork!

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I hate this; the House shoots it down because it shouldn't be rushed through? So what happens, the Senate adds a ton of pork, rushes the amendment back to the House, and now the House is ready to rush it through. Thank you Washington for proving that you can consistently take a fuck-up and make it worse.

Crookshanks
10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
man this pisses me off to no end!

Anti.Hero
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Man thank god they added the wooden arrows for kids. I was worried about the crash, but now...not so much. :toast

If all goes to hell, our next generation will be skilled bowmen. Come get some.

baseline bum
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
You know anything that both Bush and Pelosi both want is a steaming pile of shit to the people of this country.

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I hate this; the House shoots it down because it shouldn't be rushed through? So what happens, the Senate adds a ton of pork, rushes the amendment back to the House, and now the House is ready to rush it through. Thank you Washington for proving that you can consistently take a fuck-up and make it worse.

:tu Isn't that the truth!

fyatuk
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM

Actually, the Senate attached the bailout to a pork laden bill, not attached pork to the bailout. Just clarifying that.

The portion of the bill relating to the bailout actually is pretty good (if you approve of spending at least $250bil and maybe $700bil to begin with, which I'd rather not). I didn't bother reading the main part of the bill, though.

101A
10-02-2008, 03:22 PM
You know anything that both Bush and Pelosi both want is a steaming pile of shit to the people of this country.

Should be right next to E=MC2