PDA

View Full Version : Card Official for UFC 92 and it is insane!!

dbreiden83080
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/main-events-official-for-ufc-92-14628

"Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will meet Brazilian legend Wanderlei Silva for the third time, and Forrest Griffin will defend his light heavyweight crown against unbeaten Rashad Evans in two featured bouts at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Yahoo! Sports reported the matchups on Thursday.

Jackson (28-7) has not competed since he surrendered the light heavyweight title to Griffin in a unanimous decision loss at UFC 86. He was arrested 10 days later in Costa Mesa, Calif., after he allegedly took authorities on a vehicular chase through the streets and sidewalks of Costa Mesa and Newport Beach. The 30-year-old Memphis, Tenn., native still faces two felony charges and four misdemeanors that could put him behind bars for three years.

The charismatic Jackson lost to Silva twice in less than a year -- by technical knockout at Pride “Final Conflict 2003” and by knockout at Pride 28 -- in Japan, but the two superstars have never met inside a cage. Jackson’s surprising loss to Griffin three months ago snapped a six-fight winning streak that included victories against 2000 Olympic silver medalist Matt Lindland, one-time UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell and two-time Olympian Dan Henderson.

Silva (32-8-1), meanwhile, has electrified UFC crowds with his unique brand of violence since he returned to the promotion in December 2007. The 32-year-old Brazilian once went more than four years without tasting defeat. He last appeared at UFC 84 in May, when he annihilated the highly regarded Keith Jardine in just 36 seconds. One of the sport’s premier finishers, he has secured 26 of his 32 wins by KO, TKO or submission.

The UFC’s year-end show will feature another main event-worthy showdown in the 205-pound division, as Griffin (16-4) defends his belt for the first-time against the fast-rising Evans.

Arguably the promotion’s most-popular fighter, Griffin’s stock skyrocketed after back-to-back victories against Jackson and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Based out of Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts in Las Vegas, he has won nine of his last 11 bouts, including three straight.

Evans (12-0-1), meanwhile, announced his arrival as an elite light heavyweight in September, when he scored a devastating second-round KO against Liddell at UFC 88 in Atlanta. Once criticized for his plodding style and inability to finish, Evans has delivered three of his last four wins by knockout. A draw with former champion Tito Ortiz in July 2007 remains the only blemish on his resume.

An interim heavyweight championship match pairing current titleholder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira with Frank Mir will anchor UFC 92. The two men serve as coaches on the latest season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series"

Page and Silva, Forrest and Evans, Mir and Nog all on one card

:wow

Insane right there, can't wait.

TheTruth
10-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Forrest is my favorite fighter be a long shot, so I'll definitely be spending some money on this one.

angelbelow
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
holy crap wandy vs rampage 3!

Mr Dio
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I highly doubt Rampage is the same fighter he was in the previous 2.
Guess we'll see.

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
hahah rampage vs wanderlei for a 3rd time hopefully it ends the way it did both times

dbreiden83080
10-04-2008, 06:34 PM
hahah rampage vs wanderlei for a 3rd time hopefully it ends the way it did both times

I'm a bit conflicted on this one as i really do love both these guys. Leaning towards Wandy taking it right now.

I highly doubt Rampage is the same fighter he was in the previous 2.
Guess we'll see.

I think he is better now and some would argue Wandy is worse but i really question Rampage's mental state right now. Not just because of what happened with his arrest but his overall mood seems to be up and down. I saw an interview with him recently where he was being asked very general questions about his training and he was really glum, almost depressed. Far from the guy we just saw in the UFC Video Blogs at the recent events. Word is his former manager and trainer Juanito Ibarra who was like a father figure to him, was ripping him off behind the scenes. I don't know if he is all there right now or if personal issues are effecting him.

Evan
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I think Rampage is at his peak which is nothing like he was last year..

He lost to Griffin who is a wildly underrated fighter.

dbreiden83080
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM

I didn't think he lost that fight to Forrest, but physically yes Page is there but mentally i don't know right now..

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 12:17 AM
rampage may not be the same fighter but wandy wont be the same either.

oligarchy
10-05-2008, 12:55 AM

I wouldn't call Forrest 'wildly underrated' at all.

Also, Rampage only looked good against Chuck. I'm not sure of this whole Rampage is a changed fighter.

Silva by murder -- without the axe.

Mr Dio
10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm a bit conflicted on this one as i really do love both these guys. Leaning towards Wandy taking it right now.

I think he is better now and some would argue Wandy is worse but i really question Rampage's mental state right now. Not just because of what happened with his arrest but his overall mood seems to be up and down. I saw an interview with him recently where he was being asked very general questions about his training and he was really glum, almost depressed. Far from the guy we just saw in the UFC Video Blogs at the recent events. Word is his former manager and trainer Juanito Ibarra who was like a father figure to him, was ripping him off behind the scenes. I don't know if he is all there right now or if personal issues are effecting him.

Yeah, that's gotta be tough to overlook no matter who you are.
I hope Rampage/Wandy is all stand-up AND I hope Evans gets KTFO.

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 01:54 AM
whats a good betting site?

Evan
10-05-2008, 10:04 AM
whats a good betting site?

do.not.bet.on.mma

this sport is evolving so fast its incredibly unpredictable

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 03:05 PM
do.not.bet.on.mma

this sport is evolving so fast its incredibly unpredictable

thanks for the advice. i thought id try to make some money off those "forsure wins" but i noticed that the spread for those are ridiculous.

cool cat
10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Some fighters are just bad matchups for other fighters. I think Wandy is just a bad match up for Rampage.

dbreiden83080
10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Some fighters are just bad matchups for other fighters. I think Wandy is just a bad match up for Rampage.

Well i think in all fairness, Page was not as good a striker when they fought years ago as he is now. He is technically much better now. Wandy has not looked great the last few years, but since his win against Jardine some people think he is back. I love Wandy and i hope he is back. I'm picking Wandy right now though, mainly because i think Page's other issues are weighing on him.

ATRAIN
10-08-2008, 02:59 PM
WOW hell of a card to end the year!! These last few months of UFC are going to be awesome, cant wait. Everyone make sure and make your predictions for we will be starting the predictions thread starting this month for next years champion.