Biden: 79%

Palin: 19%

Tied: 2.4%

mavs>spurs2
10-03-2008, 12:47 AM
is it surprising?

timvp
10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
The polls should be 100% to 0% if simply asked who won the debate.

Purple & Gold
10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
The foxnews polls are surprising

Nbadan
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
..eh...you can get 20% of people to believe almost anything...

Spurtacus
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Where did you get the Fox News numbers?

ChumpDumper
10-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Where did you get the Fox News numbers?http://elections.foxnews.com/

It's the "Question of the Day" at the bottom of the page.

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 04:00 AM
As of 4 am:

Who won tonight's debate:

CNN.com

Biden: 70%

Palin: 26%

Neither: 4%

FOXnews.com

Biden: 63%

Palin: 37%

MSNBC.com

Palin: 20%

Tied: 2.5%

KSAT.COM

Biden: 64%

Palin: 33%

WOAI.COM

Biden: 65%

Palin: 35%

CNN.com

Biden: 70%

Palin: 27%

Neither: 4%

FOXnews.com

Biden: 61%

Palin: 39%

MSNBC.com

Palin: 19%

Tied: 2.4%

dg7md
10-03-2008, 04:47 AM
How the hell did Biden win Fox News?!

Clandestino
10-03-2008, 05:43 AM
they're internet polls... mostly young kids fucking staying awake all night. the majority of voters aren't going to watch a 2 hr debate and then say, "oh shit, i need to go vote online!"

Obstructed_View
10-03-2008, 05:46 AM
How the hell did Biden win Fox News?!

There are thousands of people flooding the polls to skew the results. It happened a couple of times last week too. I'm not sure why it's an advantage to one side or the other to fake the results of a poll. Bad polling didn't help John Kerry.

Clandestino
10-03-2008, 05:50 AM
There are thousands of people flooding the polls to skew the results. It happened a couple of times last week too. I'm not sure why it's an advantage to one side or the other to fake the results of a poll. Bad polling didn't help John Kerry.

:lol

yup, it is the young kids who like to see obama in the lead so they vote a
100x or worse, create some voting program to skew the numbers.

ploto
10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
You realize the scientific polls have Biden winning, as well.

RandomGuy
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Honestly:

I thought they both did very well.

Irritating Biden bit:

"The fact of the matter is..."

Irritating Palin bit:

A total inability to string together more than two coherent thoughts.

Biden seemed to have a solid grasp of things, as one would expect. He also did far better at actually answering the moderators questions.

Palin seemed confident and folksy, if a bit unintelligble at times. She even demonstrated a real grasp of at least one or two facts.

Spurminator
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM

yup, it is the young kids who like to see obama in the lead so they vote a
100x or worse, create some voting program to skew the numbers.

Yeah that's what all the kids are doing these days. Stupid disrespectful teenagers with their rock 'n' roll music, their junk food and their FoxNews.com poll hacking software.

RandomGuy
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I found a few of Palin's comments to be a bit snide though, but I am not sure if that is my own bias speaking or something anybody else picked up on.

She has seemed to me to embody some of the worst streak of the GOP, namely the elitist "liberals are stupid, we're so smart" self-love. That is why she is so well loved by many in the party I think.

fyatuk
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Palin seemed confident and folksy, if a bit unintelligble at times. She even demonstrated a real grasp of at least one or two facts.

I was just hoping she'd end a sentence before her answer. She speaks in runon which gets annoying. She did show a lot of improvement over her recent exposure though.

Not sure how anyone can think she actually won the debate though.

RandomGuy
10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I was just hoping she'd end a sentence before her answer. She speaks in runon which gets annoying. She did show a lot of improvement over her recent exposure though.

Not sure how anyone can think she actually won the debate though.

I think her camp did a great job of lowering the bar beforehand, and that helped make some happier about her performance.

Overall she made her case fairly effectively, not that I bought it for a second. She probably made the Republicans happy and may have erased some doubts about her abilities among a few who were leaning that way anyways.

One thing that both Obama and Biden did in their respective debates was catch McCain/Palin in rather obvious lies.

I am sure the GOP faithful didn't pick up on that, but it was rather obvious to the rest of us.

The lies and sickening distortions coming from the Republican campaign this time around really destroyed any lingering respect that I had for McCain. I expected a little bit here and there, but it is obvious his Rove-style handlers are definitely in charge.

Icky.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Nothing makes the kids come out like voting on a local news Web site's poll.

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Yeah, those rapscallions and their high-falutin shenanigans! :wow

No seriously.. you're joking right? You think a bunch of kids stayed up late to skew the polls for Biden? The KSAT and WOAI polls too? :lol

DarrinS
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it's the youth that is skewing the results. You know, the generation that has nothing better to do with their time/money than text vote for American Idol contestants.

Spurminator
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it's the results of the debate skewing the results of the polls.

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I think it's the youth that is skewing the results. You know, the generation that has nothing better to do with their time/money than text vote for American Idol contestants.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

RandomGuy
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Nothing makes the kids come out like voting on a local news Web site's poll.

"Like, OMG LOLZ did u see the bald dude and the chick? i just have to find the local news stationz 'site and, like, totally vote in there intenetz poll."

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
As of 10:04 AM

CNN.com

Biden: 67%

Palin: 28%

Neither: 5%

FOXnews.com

Biden: 59%

Palin: 41%

MSNBC.com

Biden: 50%

Palin: 40%

Tied: 4.6%

Not sure: 5.4%

KSAT.COM

Biden: 61%

Palin: 39%

WOAI.COM

Biden: 65%

Palin: 35%

boutons_
10-03-2008, 10:45 AM
So the young HUSSEINists gamed the polling, ok.

but the young McNasty's? where were they? Why didn't they counter-game?

Why didn't the infamous, sininster, aggressive Repug dirt tricksters and swift-boaters counter-game the polling?

fyatuk
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
One thing that both Obama and Biden did in their respective debates was catch McCain/Palin in rather obvious lies.

Unfortunately Palin did a crappy job of callin Biden out when he lied, and Biden kept hammering at some thing that weren't really lies, though he did get some good ones.

The big thing for me, is Palin should never have pushed so hard when Biden said he never supported McCain's views. She kept insisting he did and it just came off childish.

baseline bum
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
You realize the scientific polls have Biden winning, as well.

Post the scientific ones. Internet polls are garbage.

spurster
10-03-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/2008VPDebate_poll.pdf

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/02/poll-biden-wins-debate-palin-exceeds-expectations/

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Post the scientific ones. Internet polls are garbage.

This reminds me of the guy who complained to me about our poll being rigged because he tried to double-vote and had a lower vote total on the second vote. It couldn't have been that he loaded the poll on the second computer before the first.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, those rapscallions and their high-falutin shenanigans! :wow

No seriously.. you're joking right? You think a bunch of kids stayed up late to skew the polls for Biden? The KSAT and WOAI polls too? :lol

Yes I'm joking. A news network that's routinely vilified by the left wing as pandering to the right puts out a poll, gets 25,000 votes for the left wing response within ten minutes, there must be something going on. Since the people doing it did it on several other polls earlier in the week, it doesn't really make sense that they'd fail to do it for the most important poll so far in this election season. Does it?

BTW, I never said it was kids. Someone asked how Biden won the Fox News poll. If the only people that watch Fox News are right-wing sheep, then what's YOUR explanation?