PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley traded to Denver

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Jamaal Tinsley is headed to the Denver Nuggets for Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter, according to the New York Post .

http://hoopshype.com/

Can't stay im excited but i can't say im against it either. Atkins was a horrible signing and Hunter is injury prone also.

Tinsley certainly has issues but at least he is a decent PG lol

2Cleva
10-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Wow. Indy got over like fat rats.

Melo, AI, Tinsley, JR, Patterson, K-Mart and Smush?

I can't stand George Karl but I feel for him.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 07:57 AM
no way Patterson or Smush make the team....... they are just training camp fodder

Tinsley is expensive but they must be banking on him to start coz thats alot of money for a backup.

Im just glad Carter wont be starting!! Tinsley averaged 12 and 8.4apg last season, but of course had injury issues and other issues lol

I dont love the move, but i dont hate it either.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2008, 08:02 AM
That's like a cruel joke. "Because the Bengals refused."

m33p0
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
oh christ. :lol

i'm not surprised at all. :lmao

AI better sort it out with tinsley coz there's only 1 ball to go around.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
whats the over/under on how many days it takes for the Nuggets to get into a brawl in the locker room? :lmao

Anyway, its not my money and so they can spend it on head cases if they wish

Obstructed_View
10-03-2008, 08:07 AM
whats the over/under on how many days it takes for the Nuggets to get into a brawl in the locker room? :lmao

Anyway, its not my money and so they can spend it on head cases if they wish

Dude, I can't even find it to make fun of you about this. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 08:09 AM
:lol it's all good. I know each game will be an interesting 48minutes with this team, and so ill be entertained even if they are losing alot :smokin

Bruno
10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Great deal for Indiana, they get rid of a cancer and save $10M. It's a steal.

This trade is bad for Nuggets for two reasons :
First, they shoudl get some incentives to take Tinsley contract like pick.
Second, I don't know what is their goal. If you are rebuilding, you don't trade for an old Tinsley with a long term contract. If you are in win now mode, you don't trade Camby for nothing.

An healthy and focused Tinsley could help Nuggets but I don't get their organization.

MoSpur
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
This is a bad trade for Denver unless they're still gonna make moves.

ploto
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Pacers are going to have to cut some guys.

mountainballer
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
hey, Tinsley plus JR. let the fun begin. good luck they have a sane big brother in K-Mart to look for the kids.
(hey Tin, you tattoo a hundred times: "I must not fire machine guns while driving")

ploto
10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
There are some people in my life who I trust completely and I know I can believe anything they say. Then there are others who I am a little wary of. Peter Vecsey definitely fits in the latter category. Well, Tom over at Indy Cornrows alerted me to the fact that Vecsey was on the radio in Indianapolis today and he had a little trade rumor surrounding the Denver Nuggets and Jamaal Tinsley.

According to Vecsey the Nuggets and Pacers had a deal in place to trade Tinsley to the Nuggets in exchange for Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter, but Rex Chapman used his veto power to reject the deal.

http://www.pickaxeandroll.com/2008/10/3/627321/was-jamaal-tinsley-almost

alamo50
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Wow, I called them the Thuggets last year already!
Still think it´s a great addition for them though.
Tinsley will surprise a lot of people this year...... on the court.

ploto
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
October 3, 2008

No Tinsley deal

Posted by Mike Wells

I've talked to a couple people - one from the Pacers camp and another from the Nuggets camp - this morning and both sides say point guard Jamaal Tinsley has not been traded to Denver for point guard Chucky Atkins and center Steven Hunter as reported by the New York Post.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 09:52 AM
oh well........ i dont mind either way. It's really not going to make a whole lot of difference to the Nuggs either way. It's a big risk coz of his issues but he is a good floor leader when healthy

alamo50
10-03-2008, 09:52 AM
It´s on NBA.com so I doubt it to be false.

alamo50
10-03-2008, 09:55 AM
It's really not going to make a whole lot of difference to the Nuggs either way.

Dude, you should be jumping up and down when your team can get Tinsley for those 2 scrubs!

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
yeh but he is injury prone and expensive.

Id much prefer him over AC but im just not sold on the possible move.

Bruno
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Vecsey is the source of this info and he isn't reliable.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
yeh and i think nba.com and espn are using him as well lol

SpursFanFirst
10-03-2008, 10:02 AM
:elephant WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just saw this thread...good day in Indy!

edit: I just saw Ploto's comment. :depressed
C'mon Denver...do something! Just take him off our hands!

Allanon
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
http://hoopshype.com/

Can't stay im excited but i can't say im against it either. Atkins was a horrible signing and Hunter is injury prone also.

Tinsley certainly has issues but at least he is a decent PG lol

Whoa, don't be so hard on your team. We all know why the Pacers did it but for the Nuggets, it could also be a great move.

a) If Tinsley fits in and they all get along, that's a damn potent team. With that much firepower, they'll be back in the Playoffs. IF everybody gets along and stays away from the law.

or

b) They become the new Jailblazers and kill each other before Thanksgiving.

I think playing with the best during the Olympics has matured Melo quite a bit, I think he'll finally step forward as a leader.

Melo + AI + JR + Tinsley + KMart makes a compelling team and if Nene's healthy he can help their defense.

Very, very risky for the Nugz to add more gas to a volatile team but man, if they can make it work, it's a very good deal for the 2 scrubs. IF they play nice, they'll make the Playoffs.

DPG21920
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Whoa, don't be so hard on your team. We all know why the Pacers did it but for the Nuggets, it could also be a great move.

a) If Tinsley fits in and they all get along, that's a damn potent team. With that much firepower, they'll be back in the Playoffs. IF everybody gets along and stays away from the law.

or

b) They become the new Jailblazers and kill each other before Thanksgiving.

I think playing with the best during the Olympics has matured Melo quite a bit, I think he'll finally step forward as a leader.

Melo + AI + JR + Tinsley + KMart makes a compelling team and if Nene's healthy he can help their defense.

Very, very risky for the Nugz to add more gas to a volatile team but man, if they can make it work, it's a very good deal for the 2 scrubs. IF they play nice, they'll make the Playoffs.

I have to disagree with you on a couple of points. First, you think everyone has firepower and could make the playoffs (memphis, okc...). This move makes little sense and even if he does play nice, they do not make the playoffs. Secondly, Melo matured during the Olympics? Did you not see him try and fight a guy for a soft foul on Dwight? He is still an idiot. He is talented, but an immature as hell.

Allanon
10-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I have to disagree with you on a couple of points. First, you think everyone has firepower and could make the playoffs (memphis, okc...). This move makes little sense and even if he does play nice, they do not make the playoffs.

I think we have some surprises in store this year, a bit of a changing of the guard. There will be some room for surprise teams this year. The Nugz can be one of them....IF they can play nice together. Of course, it's all just speculation and they might end up in a locker room brawl, but with many declining powerhouses, it feels like the winds of change are coming.

Secondly, Melo matured during the Olympics? Did you not see him try and fight a guy for a soft foul on Dwight? He is still an idiot. He is talented, but an immature as hell.

I think he finally realized he was the black sheep of his draft class and was humbled by it.

He's not done maturing but I think the Olympics were a huge step forward for him. He went out of his way to focus on rebounding...he wasn't good at it but he tried. He played very nice in the Olympics except for that incident you talked about. The old Melo would have kept trying to fight, this Melo walked away after the initial clash.

DPG21920
10-03-2008, 10:34 AM
He rebounded his ass off last year. He did not walk away, he got held back by a few of his teammates. He has such talent, but he needs a trade in order to realize his potential. He needs to go to a team that has players and coaches alike that will hold him responsible.

Also, I looked on ESPN and NBA.com and the trade is not mentioned anymore?

Allanon
10-03-2008, 10:40 AM
He rebounded his ass off last year. He did not walk away, he got held back by a few of his teammates. He has such talent, but he needs a trade in order to realize his potential. He needs to go to a team that has players and coaches alike that will hold him responsible.
For the fight, yeah, his teammates held him back, for like a seond then everybody just walked away. In the past, he'd keep cussing and try to jump in for a cheapshot. I can't really argue with the different team part, that might be what's needed for him to reach his potential.

Also, I looked on ESPN and NBA.com and the trade is not mentioned anymore?

It's still linked to the New York Post on the NBA page under the main picture:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10032008/sports/moresports/tinsley_dealt_to_nuggets_131908.htm

The Franchise
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
October 3, 2008

No Tinsley deal

Posted by Mike Wells

I've talked to a couple people - one from the Pacers camp and another from the Nuggets camp - this morning and both sides say point guard Jamaal Tinsley has not been traded to Denver for point guard Chucky Atkins and center Steven Hunter as reported by the New York Post.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

That's good to hear. I didn't think anyone would be that stupid. :lol

turiaf for president
10-03-2008, 12:37 PM
^ wrong. ask memphis =D

m33p0
10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
ah, well. it was a good laugh while it lasted.

Spurs Brazil
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Nuggets exec says team has not dealt for Tinsley
By John Hollinger
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: October 3, 2008, 2:50 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
A reported deal sending Indiana Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley to the Denver Nuggets for Steven Hunter and Chucky Atkins did not happen, according to a Nuggets team executive.

Tinsley

"It's erroneous," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said of the report in Friday's New York Post. "Did Dewey beat Truman?"

According to the report in the Post, the deal was contingent upon Tinsley passing a physical.

But Warkentien emphatically denied that there was anything brewing between the two sides and said he'd been fielding calls from players asking him about the report all morning.

The Indianapolis Star also reported on its Web site that the deal had not happened.

"We're not going to comment on any trade rumors involving our players," Pacers president Larry Bird said through a team spokesperson, according to the Star.

The motives for such a trade are apparent from each side. It would work under the salary cap, and would have sent two deep reserves from Denver for Tinsley, who presumably would have started at point guard and moved Allen Iverson back to his natural shooting guard slot.

The Pacers, meanwhile, finally would have been able to jettison Tinsley, who was banned from training camp, and the three years and $21 million left on his deal.

However, the salary consideration and Tinsley's history of injuries and attitude problems had been major stumbling blocks for most potential trade partners. And with the Nuggets in cost-cutting mode, you can apparently add them to that list.

John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3623836

Spurs Brazil
10-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Tinsley to Nuggets? Possibly Monday
Pacers would get guard Adkins, center Hunter in the purported trade
By Mike Wells
Posted: October 4, 2008Read Comments(9)Recommend E-mail Print Share Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Yahoo Google A A Embattled point guard Jamaal Tinsley remained an Indiana Pacer on Friday, but there is a "strong possibility" he could be traded to the Denver Nuggets as early as Monday, a person familiar with the situation said.

A second person confirmed trade discussions were ongoing and said the Pacers will look for another partner if it falls through.

Both teams denied a report Friday morning that the deal already was done, pending Tinsley passing a physical. Nuggets coach George Karl told Denver reporters he laughed at the possibility.

"I don't think there's anything to it," Karl said.

"It's erroneous," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien told ESPN.com. "Did Dewey beat Truman?"

Pacers president Larry Bird issued a statement through a team spokesman saying they're "not going to comment on trade rumors" involving their players.

The proposed deal would send point guard Chucky Atkins and center Steven Hunter to the Pacers. Both would have backup roles with the Pacers.

Atkins will make $3.2 million this season and $3.5 million next season, with $760,000 of it guaranteed. He is expected to be out until at least next month following right knee surgery last month. The 7-foot Hunter will make $3.9 million this season and $3.7 million next season. Tinsley will make $21.5 million over the next three seasons. The trade would benefit both teams. The Nuggets need a point guard, and the Pacers would save money, get two players with shorter contracts and, more important, end their relationship with Tinsley.

The trade, however, also would give the Pacers 17 players under contract, two more than the NBA allows. They would have to release or trade two players by the Oct. 27 deadline. They would have to release or trade another if Austin Croshere makes the team.

Tinsley's past three seasons have been marked by injuries limiting his availability and several off-court issues that negatively impacted the franchise. Coach Jim O'Brien lost confidence in Tinsley after last season, and the Pacers told him to stay away from the team while they pursued a trade.

"Unfortunately for Jamaal, some things happened off the court that basically led to this situation," said center Jeff Foster, who has been Tinsley's teammate since 2001. "I think it's best for both parties to go their separate ways, and I think he probably feels the same way. He's probably anxious for something to happen and start new somewhere."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/SPORTS04/810040452

Biernutz
10-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Denver has now become the Oakland Raiders of the NBA. What --they can't get Starberry and Josh Howard to fill out that roster. Karl has to have a call in to Jerry Jones on how to handle this bunch.

Spurs Brazil
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Nuggets Don't Like Tinsley's Contract

Oct 05, 2008 6:18 PM EST
The Nuggets were very interested in trading for Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley, but one NBA executive says that his hefty contract kept the deal from happening on Friday.

Tinsley has three years and $21.45 million left on his contract.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54717/20081005/nuggets_dont_like_tinsleys_contract/

Obstructed_View
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Tinsley has three years and $21.45 million left on his contract.

And some Spurs fans bitch about Bonner's contract.

Indazone
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Too bad the salaries don't work out. Tinsely for Bonner would be interesting.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Too bad the salaries don't work out. Tinsely for Bonner would be interesting.

And would suck.

alamo50
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
What's holding up Tinsley trade?

Jamaal Tinsley trade is on hold while the Pacers and Nuggets argue over money. Denver demands $3 million to defray one-seventh of the locked-out point guard's 3-year obligation.

New York Post

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/72971

alamo50
10-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Miami Heat Interested in Jamaal Tinsley
10.19.2008 - Updated on 10.19.2008

Am I the only one who saw this coming a long time ago? With Miami’s deficiencies at point guard, it’s only natural that they should be interested in Jamaal Tinsley. Today’s report from the New York Daily News suggests that the troubled floor general may end up suiting up for the Heat this season if the two sides can come to an agreement.

Miami has interest in Jamaal Tinsley, stuck at home in Atlanta as the Pacers continue to try to move him. As for Miami’s new "running game" that Dwyane Wade was so excited about, the Heat’s offense under new coach Erik Spoelstra "is a clone" of Pat Riley’s system, according to one Eastern Conference coach. Meaning there’s no running.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-news/miami-heat-interested-in-jamaal-tinsley-ar49180.html

SenorSpur
10-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Tinsley stuck at home in ATL? All of which means he'll be grossly out of shape to start the season. This guy has bad character and I wouldn't trust him to keep himself in shape. Also I blame the Pacers for his awful contract. Speaking of his contract, I don't see how Miami can afford him with Marion's price tag, Wade and others.

Tully365
10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I bet Pop looks at Denver and breathes a huge sigh of relief thinking about the guys he has to coach.