PDA

View Full Version : Summary of last nights debate (In case anyone missed it)

ratm1221
10-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Moderator:
What is your economic strategy?

Palin:
[short pause]
Energy, energy, maverick, maverick.

Moderator:
Yes, that's great, but my questions was about the economy. What is your economic strategy, Mrs. Palin?

Palin:
I'm not going to answer the questions that ya'll want me to answer. I want to talk about energy.
[pause]
Main stream media, energy, maverick, maverick.... Gotcha jounalism.

BacktoBasics
10-03-2008, 09:30 AM
you left out Hockey Mom and Soccer practice

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
And the WINKS, which along with Maverick and probably "energy" will be the foundation of a new Tina Fey SNL skit.

DarrinS
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Overused words and phrases from last night:

Alaska
Maverick
George Bush
Scranton
also

Findog
10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Cuban needs to change the name of the team at this point, and I've always thought Maverick was a great name for a sports team. I never want to hear that fucking word again. Thanks, Moose Cunt.

"MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK.."

Shut the fuck up, Bible Spice!

DarrinS
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Cuban needs to change the name of the team at this point, and I've always thought Maverick was a great name for a sports team. I never want to hear that fucking word again. Thanks, Moose Cunt.

"MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK.."

Shut the fuck up, Bible Spice!

Stay classy, Mav fan.

ratm1221
10-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Lets say an academic college graded this debate. If they asked you a question and you said I'm not going to answer that I question, I want to talk about "this", you would get a zero. Sarah, you failed.

For those of you that can't see that she memorized answers all week, and was taught how to avoid the ones she didn't have time to work on... I feel sorry for you.

Props to her coach.

If the conservatives weren't such crybabies when the media tears them apart, I think this would be a bigger focus.

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Alaska
Maverick
George Bush
Scranton
also

Energy

DarrinS
10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Lets say an academic college graded this debate. If they asked you a question and you said I'm not going to answer that I question, I want to talk about "this", you would get a zero. Sarah, you failed.

You didn't witness Biden do the same exact thing? You are a hypocrite.

They both lied too. Some of the worst were times Biden would say "McCain voted the exact same way".

Check for yourself.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

TomBrady
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Conservatives have succeeded in lowering the bar pretty damn low.

It really doesn't take much to become nominee of the GOP. Shit, they might just elect a pair of tennis shoes next election.

Buddy Holly
10-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Name one time he refused to answer a question. One.

They both lied too. Some of the worst were times Biden would say "McCain voted the exact same way".

Those were the worst? Well I guess you were pretty upset when McCain approved ads that lied. Huh?

Check for yourself.

Palin mistakenly claimed that troop levels in Iraq had returned to “pre-surge” levels. Levels are gradually coming down but current plans would have levels higher than pre-surge numbers through early next year, at least.

ratm1221
10-03-2008, 10:13 AM

Check for yourself.

He answered the questions they asked him. Palin did not. That's what I saw. I didn't say anything about who had their facts straight. I've never seen a politician that didn't lie. Sorry, but if you find me one, let me know.

DarrinS
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
He answered the questions they asked him. Palin did not. That's what I saw. I didn't say anything about who had their facts straight. I've never seen a politician that didn't lie. Sorry, but if you find me one, let me know.

Gwen asked the candidates (starting with Biden) to answer a question that their principals did not, namely, what programs they would have to cut because of the current financial crisis. Biden half-assed mentioned that they'd to "slow down" foreign assistance (uhh, whatever) and then went into a tirade about McCain.

_qYUJ-Ucxy4

101A
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Gwen asked the candidates (starting with Biden) to answer a question that their principals did not, namely, what programs they would have to cut because of the current financial crisis. Biden half-assed mentioned that they'd to "slow down" foreign assistance (uhh, whatever) and then went into a tirade about McCain.

_qYUJ-Ucxy4

I laughed like shit at the "foreign" assistance comment.

Nope, no constituency gonna get pissed at that one.

ratm1221
10-03-2008, 10:41 AM

Palin specifically said "I'm not going to answer the questions you want me to answer. But I will talk about energy."

wtf...

fyatuk
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Palin specifically said "I'm not going to answer the questions you want me to answer. But I will talk about energy."

wtf...

Just to be picky for the sake of being annoying. If you are going to use quotes, use the actual quote or note that it is a paraphrase.

ratm1221
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Just to be picky for the sake of being annoying. If you are going to use quotes, use the actual quote or note that it is a paraphrase.

Next time I'll include a works cited page just for you.

fyatuk
10-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Next time I'll include a works cited page just for you.

LOL. Told you I was just trying to be annoying.

Shastafarian
10-03-2008, 01:03 PM

Alaska
Maverick
George Bush
Scranton
also

I'll give her a break on the "also" repetition. It was clearly a nervous reaction. But the other stuff was horrible.

JoeChalupa
10-03-2008, 01:09 PM
http://wwww.pabloonpolitics.com/images/debate_fork.jpg