PDA

View Full Version : Well, Redskin fans...

K-State Spur
10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I said coming into this road trip that I'd be thrilled if the team could split the 2 games @DAL & @PHI, but after getting the first one - it would be nice if they could get greedy. A 4-1 start would be huge, and probably the most impressive start in the division (the Giants have played 2 puffs - barely beating one - and their 1 divisional game was at home).

Looks like Springs is out for Sunday, which is a major blow - although he's better matched for the bigger WRs. Much like the Skins, Philly trots out a group of midgets.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2008, 02:00 PM
They need to win this considering Westbrook is hobbling. I have real worries about Jackson and how they contain him though. He's gotten better each game and I expect that trend to continue. I think this will be a high scoring affair and should be a fun game to watch.

K-State Spur
10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
It *feels* like Philly has been a house of horrors for the Skins, but I just saw the other day that the team is 4-4 over the last 8 years there.

bresilhac
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
The key to this or any game is to establish CP and the running game. Also I think the pass rush could have been better against dallas but considering they were without their best pass rusher they did ok. And the O-line has got to protect Jason Campbell. All in all I like the Redskins chances.

K-State Spur
10-03-2008, 06:27 PM
The key to this or any game is to establish CP and the running game. Also I think the pass rush could have been better against dallas but considering they were without their best pass rusher they did ok. And the O-line has got to protect Jason Campbell. All in all I like the Redskins chances.

i'd actually argue that andre carter is the team's best past rusher at this stage in their careers.

i think the gameplan against dallas was to pressure, but keep romo in the pocket. they were willing to forgo a sack or two in order to keep containment. 0 sacks on the day, but romo wasn't sitting back there all day just picking them apart either.

the pleasant surprise by the o-line last week was the play of jon jansen subbing for heyer. jansen had looked like a shell of his old self during the preseason, but he was mauling in the run game like it was old times. hopefully, heyer is back this week - but if not, jansen's not a terrible option to go again. and, with his experience, he may be a better match for philly's exotic blitzes over the second year guy.

Bigzax
10-03-2008, 08:22 PM
they need to keep donovan in the pocket...if he runs, he'll kill us...

as for offense, just pick up da blitz and give jason that extra second or two...

but i pick philly by 7! you hear that football gods!

MannyIsGod
10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Campbell is a fucking STUD.

Bigzax
10-05-2008, 03:08 PM
fuckin A mandog...fuckin A...:smokin

How bout dem Redskins!!!

by the way, i pick the rams next week...:wakeup

K-State Spur
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Tough to argue for any other team having a better 5 game start that the Skins. 2-1 in the toughest division in football: WITH ALL GAMES ON THE ROAD.

The Giants have looked better so far, but the only decent team that they have played is Washington - and that was in Zorn's first game as a coach and the team's first game in his system.

K-State Spur
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Now, contrary to the belief of many, the team has had some big wins and good starts even in recent years (under Gibbs, Marty, and even Norv). Maybe not to the extent of back-to-back wins on the road against the two teams that were considered the two best in the league as recently as two weeks ago, but big wins and good starts nonetheless.

Unfortunately, they always followed them up by losing games that they shouldn't have.

3 very winnable games are coming up - time to keep the accelerator down and get fat (to mix a metaphor) starting with the Rams next Sunday.

MannyIsGod
10-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I'll be dissapointed if they don't go 7-1 at this point. They need to handle these poor teams.

redskinfan
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn I had Moss on my fantasy team which he was my best reciever and he laid an egg today,how did that happen? I tell you though this team looks like the team that finished last season. And the best part is yet to come when they get healthy on defense aww man it feels good...

K-State Spur
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Damn I had Moss on my fantasy team which he was my best reciever and he laid an egg today,how did that happen? I tell you though this team looks like the team that finished last season. And the best part is yet to come when they get healthy on defense aww man it feels good...

I wouldn't look at it as him laying an egg. Philly was keying on him. His presence was a big reason why the green defense that was giving up 53 rushing yards per game gave up over 200 today.

He also had a big first down grab late in the third quarter that was negated by a Devin Thomas penalty.

bresilhac
10-05-2008, 11:25 PM
CP was tremendous once again as was the O-line in general. Those guys really dominated the line of scrimmage as they did against Dallas a week ago. And how about the defense. They had Donovan on the run for most of the game and would not allow the Philly offense to get going save for those early game drives. All in all another fine overall performance. If you take away the Giants the Redskins have to be the best in the NFC right now.

mytespurs
10-06-2008, 12:02 AM
The Redskins appear to be the real deal! I thought they would lose to the Eagles after the big win against Dallas but they fooled me.....they may be the second best team in the league behind the best team no one is talking about....the NY Giants.

K-State Spur
10-06-2008, 02:05 AM
The Redskins appear to be the real deal! I thought they would lose to the Eagles after the big win against Dallas but they fooled me.....they may be the second best team in the league behind the best team no one is talking about....the NY Giants.

Everybody and their dog has the Giants as #1 in their power rankings right now.

There's just not much to talk about them otherwise. Outside of that opening game, they've only played the patsies so far. The G-Men will get more pub when they re-start their divisional schedule.

leemajors
10-06-2008, 02:31 AM
has campbell stopped staring down his receivers?

Jimcs50
10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
My brother took Portis off his active roster for this game because he was going up against the "best run defense" in the NFL. Ha!

:lol

tlongII
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I've never understood how there could be so many Redskin fans in Texas??? :wtf

Jimcs50
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM

We used to be Seahawks fans, but they suck so bad, we all had to switch.

:)

bresilhac
10-06-2008, 09:33 AM

What's the alternative? Becoming a Dallas fan? I'll die first.

K-State Spur
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
The question on ATH today was who has had a more impressive start - the Giants or Redskins?

Granted, the Giants have looked the best of any team in the NFL thus far (although they did need OT to beat the Bungles at home) and do have a head-to-head win over Washington in week 1.

However, I'd be willing to bet that they would trade their 4-0 start (with 3 wins over 3 of the easiest teams on their schedule) for the Redskins 4-1 start, having already completed the road divisional schedule.

tlongII
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM
The question on ATH today was who has had a more impressive start - the Giants or Redskins?

Granted, the Giants have looked the best of any team in the NFL thus far (although they did need OT to beat the Bungles at home) and do have a head-to-head win over Washington in week 1.

However, I'd be willing to bet that they would trade their 4-0 start (with 3 wins over 3 of the easiest teams on their schedule) for the Redskins 4-1 start, having already completed the road divisional schedule.

Given that they pretty much dominated the Redskins in their head to head matchup I gotta go with the Giants.

ducks
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Given that they pretty much dominated the Redskins in their head to head matchup I gotta go with the Giants.

I would have to go with the redskins because of what they did on the road

Obstructed_View
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I would have to go with the Giants because ducks went with the Redskins.

Bigzax
10-06-2008, 07:11 PM

they kicked the skins ass, but c'mon now, if 16-7 is domination, what do you call the 44-6 score they dropped on the hawks?

Giants have to get the nod, cuz all you can do is win the games in front of you and they've done that.

It's how you finish and December will show which teams are the real contenders!

Here's to healthy teams for the whole NFC Beast.

K-State Spur
10-06-2008, 07:38 PM

It should be noted that was a Giants home game and it was the first game of the Zorn era. The light bulb didn't seem to go on for Campbell & the offense until the second half of the New Orleans game in week 2.

As I said, in terms of who *looks* better - it's the Giants.

But 4-1 with road wins over Dallas & Philly with the only loss being on the road to the Super Bowl Champs is a better start than even the Giants so far - because the Giants are exhausting the easy portion of their scheduled.

If you offered them a split in the road games that the Skins have swept, I'd think they'd take that and wouldn't look back.

**None of this is to take anything away from the G-Men. It's just that the opportunities for Redskin fans to be excited at this point in the season have been few and far between since the Gibbs I Reign.

tlongII
10-07-2008, 09:40 AM
It should be noted that was a Giants home game and it was the first game of the Zorn era. The light bulb didn't seem to go on for Campbell & the offense until the second half of the New Orleans game in week 2.

As I said, in terms of who *looks* better - it's the Giants.

But 4-1 with road wins over Dallas & Philly with the only loss being on the road to the Super Bowl Champs is a better start than even the Giants so far - because the Giants are exhausting the easy portion of their scheduled.

If you offered them a split in the road games that the Skins have swept, I'd think they'd take that and wouldn't look back.

**None of this is to take anything away from the G-Men. It's just that the opportunities for Redskin fans to be excited at this point in the season have been few and far between since the Gibbs I Reign.

I give the skins props. They've been very good. However, I don't think the Giants would be happy to take a split of intra-division road games. I think they're looking to win every game they play. They look unbeatable right now.

K-State Spur
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I give the skins props. They've been very good. However, I don't think the Giants would be happy to take a split of intra-division road games. I think they're looking to win every game they play. They look unbeatable right now.

I don't know about unbeatable. They may have looked that way against the Rams and Seahawks...but it's the Rams and Seahawks. The hapless Bengals took them to OT - and probably should have won that game in regulation (I realize not many people saw that game). And as bad as the Redskins looked in that opener - they basically played the Giants even after those first two drives.

I'd feel really safe about making a bet that at least one of Dallas or Philly beat the G-Men at home.

Not to dispute that the Giants are best team in the league right now. Only saying that even the best team in the league would take 2-1 on the road in this division and run away giggling.

Jimcs50
10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I love Zorn's coaching!

I love the way he runs the offense. He got rid of the all of the presnap motion offense and is just going with speed. Those 3rd and 4th down calls in last 2 + mins was money. Gibbs might have ran the ball on 3rd and then punted on 4th, and left the game up to his defense.

Last year, the Redskins kept losing in last few mins, this year Zorn is dominating the 4th quarters with calls that try to win games, rather than not lose games.

tlong, I love your ex guy!

Jimcs50
10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Redskins are favored by 14 pts this weekend.

Bet the farm on St Louis....I smell a letdown by the Skins.

Bigzax
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Redskins are favored by 14 pts this weekend.

Bet the farm on St Louis....I smell a letdown by the Skins.

vegas is counting on you smelling the letdown.

i'll go opposite. letdown is next week vs the browns who will look bad against the giants on monday night football, but beat the skins.

rams look bad vs skins but then beat the cowboys...

anyhow...spreads are fixed...that is all...go skins! :smokin

K-State Spur
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
vegas is counting on you smelling the letdown.

i'll go opposite. letdown is next week vs the browns who will look bad against the giants on monday night football, but beat the skins.

rams look bad vs skins but then beat the cowboys...

anyhow...spreads are fixed...that is all...go skins! :smokin

I'm saying they're going to take care of business - this isn't the Norv era anymore (where all big wins are promptly followed by equally big losses).

Jimcs50
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm saying they're going to take care of business - this isn't the Norv era anymore (where all big wins are promptly followed by equally big losses).

I am not saying they will lose, I am saying that they do not cover the spread, and since every one of their games has been close this year, it is not really a stretch.

Bigzax
10-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I am not saying they will lose, I am saying that they do not cover the spread, and since every one of their games has been close this year, it is not really a stretch.

well this settles it...Skins will win by 17 at least now...:lmao

Jimcs50
10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
well this settles it...Skins will win by 17 at least now...:lmao

:p:

tlongII
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Well...