PDA

View Full Version : Most important news of night

Rummpd
02-12-2005, 07:10 AM
With all the drama of last 24, Spurs pick up game on Suns and also hold tie breaker for season (and cannot lose it). It is important to hold that lead till if you believe in historical trends.

Per discussion on NBATV - teams conference leading at all-star break get #1 seed, 66% of time last 25 years and the overall number one seed at the end of season wins the most titles, and the other conference leader was the 2nd highest chance to win title.

They also said that with 4 teams on pace to threaten 60 games that would be an NBA record.

Seeding is important, Spurs right where they need to be.

td4mvp21
02-12-2005, 09:46 AM
What I dont get is we only play Phoenix three times this season(once more in Phoenix)and we lead the series 2-0. Isnt that clenching the series?????? People seem to give Phoenix the advantage when our record is tied because of a better conference record. Oh well. BTW we have the BEST western conference record(23-8)thats always a good sign.

Jimcs50
02-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Head to head is the 1st tie breaker.

Extra Stout
02-12-2005, 11:15 AM
What I dont get is we only play Phoenix three times this season(once more in Phoenix)and we lead the series 2-0. Isnt that clenching the series?????? People seem to give Phoenix the advantage when our record is tied because of a better conference record. Oh well. BTW we have the BEST western conference record(23-8)thats always a good sign.I don't mind if the media is wrong just as long as the NBA doesn't forget what their rules are.

Oh, and I'm not really that concerned about having the best record at the All-Star break. The Spurs are a better team than the Suns, and as long as they are healthy they will beat Phoenix in a playoff series, even wthout HCA if somehow they don't finish first.

Rummpd
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I should have checked one of teams we only play 3 times, = magnifies 2 wins!

So really we are officially up in a sense 1 1/2 on Suns now rest of way!

Solid D
02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Home court advantage is great, especially when your team is 23-1 at home this season. :)

T Park
02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
23-1

Thats just an amazing number.

If they finish 38-3, 39-2 it would be fantastic.