PDA

View Full Version : McCain shifting to all negative ads....

florige
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/03/mccain_shifts_to_nearly_all_negative_ads.html

finds Sen. John McCain's campaign "has now shifted virtually 100% of his national ad spending into negative ads" attacking Sen. Barack Obama.

Analysis shows that as of October 1, McCain's $1.3 million weekly is being broken down as follows:

Nearly half a million on "Dome," which attacks "Obama and his liberal allies" in Congress for favoring "massive government."
A little more than half a million on "Mum," which attacks "Obama and his liberal allies" as "mum on the market crisis."
Much of the remaining money on "Overseas," which says that "Barack Obama and his liberal allies are to blame" for jobs going overseas.
The small remainder is going to a positive spot, the "Original Mavericks" ad.
This is a dramatic shift from the period before he suspended his campaign when he spent approximately half his ad money on the positive "Original Mavericks" ad, and around half on the negative "Dome" spot.

October 3, 2008

Now the gloves come off...:ihit

boutons_
10-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Same story here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/03/AR2008100303738_pf.html

The situation that McLame sees now is that he is very probably McLoser and becoming more McLoser by the day.

His policies and messages, whatever TF they are (btw, his message also includes "reform" and "change" but without any precision, nor any credibility), and his disgraceful pitbull bitch/bimbo gimmick, are not reaching beyond his unenthusiastic base, so McNasty is going REALLY and TOTALLY NASTY.

iow, McSame's campaign is exactly the same as the shrub family's Atwater/Rove campaigns, tatooing unquestionably McSame as truly more of the same, even McWorse with no real "reform" and "change" to be expected, and no "vision thang" for America.

So far, HUSSEIN's handling of McNasty's nastiness has been effective in neutralizing it.

However, HUSSEIN's anti-NASTY team will be challenged by the sheer increase in effluent spewing out of McNasty's camp.

Yonivore
10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
'bout goddamn time.

There are a lot of negatives to Barak Obama. You could run an ad every day, between now and November 4, and never have to repeat a topic.

baseline bum
10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
What a change from the positive campaign he was running up until now.

TomBrady
10-04-2008, 10:53 AM
The negatives won't work at this point in the game. None of the supposed "dirt" on Obama has stuck. We've been through the Wright and Ayers and Rezcko accusations and Obama has managed to rise above the fray.

Now, McCain will probably get super desperate and take the lowest of low roads and that will only further hurt his campaign. People liked McCain because he used to be the man who WOULDN'T go down that road.

JoeChalupa
10-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I knew he would. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106323)

McCain is putting his campaign first.

shelshor
10-04-2008, 11:40 AM
How much will the Obamessiah have to spend on lawsuits to threaten the broadcasting licenses of any station daring to run them?

Ya Vez
10-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I am sure obama hasn't run any negative adds... like the one about how mccain can't email or own a computer... even joe biden disagreed with that one... everybody knows you can't be nice in politics .. even the messiah was told to get tougher and go after mccain..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/17/politics/p134053D81.DTL

Nbadan
10-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I've seen a guy paralyzed from the neck down who uses a computer, competently, to write college papers and send emails and whatnot

mccain pleading handicap is a poor excuse

Yep, his name is Stephen Hawkings

http://www.resonancepub.com/shawki2.gif

Nbadan
10-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I question the strategery of the McCain campaign

negative ads bring the opponent's numbers down, but they also tend to bring your numbers down, too (although not as much). the standard tactic is to run negative ads when you're ahead...

Besides the packaged introduction of Palin, it's the only thing thats really worked for McSame...his campaign is stuck in a quagmire...

ploto
10-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Apparently, McCain just does not get it. People did not like his nastiness at the first debate so now he is going even nastier in the ads.

The saddest part for me is that I used to respect John McCain.

TomBrady
10-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Typically Republicans are good at staying on message and keeping things simple. The exact opposite has happened in Mccain's campaign, he is all over the map and flailing in the wind.

What's worse is his increasing negativity. He just looks angry and frustrated, Americans don't typically like to see that. Chris Matthews actually called him a troll after that 1st debate.

Yonivore
10-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Chris Matthews actually called him a troll after that 1st debate.
You act as though this qualifies the rest of your post.

Chris "Obama-gives-me-a-boner" Matthews? :lmao

TomBrady
10-04-2008, 02:26 PM
You act as though this qualifies the rest of your post.

Chris "Obama-gives-me-a-boner" Matthews? :lmao

You act as if I listen or care about anything you say on this forum. I don't.

exstatic
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Shifting?

Anti.Hero
10-04-2008, 02:50 PM
McWeakling is going to focus on stupid shit instead of owning these libtards in the debates like he should.

Too little too late Mr McCain. Should have hired a campaign manager who knew what the fuck they were doing from the start.

This McWeaksauce is going to spew things on TV ads, the media will ignore them like they've been doing for 2 years. Instead, McCain should uncage the tiger during the debates while he has A DIRECT FEED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE but he's too much of a pussy to do so.

I heard a clip of him getting punked by women supporters asking "When will you take the gloves off?" He giggled like a school girl with some lame answer. hahaha

TomBrady
10-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow he's sending Palin to do his dirty work for him. Apparently she is out on the campaign trail in full out attack mode saying Obama wants to "pal around with terrorists". This is going to get real, real, real ugly. Let's hope America is smart and rejects this gutter politics and sends McCain further down in the polls.

Yonivore
10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Let's hope America is smart and rejects this gutter politics and sends McCain further down in the polls.
Let's hope America will demand the truth about Obama's past and quit letting the mainstream media force feed them a narrative that ignores his questionable relationships over the past quarter decade.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2008, 03:30 PM
What is Yoni bitching about now?

Findog
10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
If Obama could survive the Clinton attack machine and one whole month of negative media coverage regarding Wright, Rezko and Ayers, then whatever the 527's and RNC put out there are not going to make much difference.

Additionally, I think that the McCain campaign has a real fear of the DNC and progressive 527's dropping the Keating and Wife Cheater/Injured Wife abandoner videos into the market. How do you think a nice deregulation S&L fiasco-Wall St Bailout video would play for the McCain psyche?

ploto
10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
The whole campaign has shifted negative.

The McCain campaign is delivering on its announcement to step up attacks on Sen. Barack Obama with little more than a month until Election Day.

Referring to Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin accused Obama of associating “with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Speaking at a fund-raising event in Colorado Saturday, Palin said: “This is not a man who sees America as you and I do – as the greatest force for good in the world,” Palin said, according to a statement released by the McCain-Palin campaign. “This is someone who sees American as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Palin was reacting to a New York Times article published Friday about the Democratic nominee’s association with Ayers, a member of the 1960’s radical group the Weathermen. The group was involved in bombings of the Pentagon and the Capitol but federal criminal charges against Ayers were eventually dropped. Ayers hosted an event in 1995 where Illinois State Senator Alice Palmer introduced Obama as the person she had chosen to succeed her because she was running for Congress. The two men were members of the same charitable board in Chicago. According to a campaign spokesman quoted in the Times story, Obama and Ayres have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama became a U.S. Senator in 2005. The newspaper says the two last met more than a year ago when they bumped into each other on the street in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood where they both live.

The Obama campaign responded swiftly to Palin’s comments. “Governor Palin’s comments, while offensive, are not surprising, given the McCain campaign’s statement this morning that they would be launching Swiftboat-like attacks in hopes of deflecting attention from the nation’s economic ills.” Obama-Biden spokesman Hari Sevugan said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign. “In fact, the very newspaper story Governor Palin cited in hurling her shameless attack made clear that Senator Obama is not close to Bill Ayers, much less ‘pals,’ and that he has strongly condemned the despicable acts Ayers committed 40 years ago, when Obama was eight. What’s clear is that John McCain and Sarah Palin would rather spend their time tearing down Barack Obama than laying out a plan to build up our economy,” Sevugan added.

According to an article in the Washington Post, the McCain campaign has decided to take a much more aggressive approach during the remainder of the campaign that will refocus attention away from the country’s troubled economy and onto issues of Obama’s character, judgment, and personal associations.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/04/palin-hits-obama-for-terrorist-connection/#more-22664

dg7md
10-04-2008, 08:19 PM
GRRR those evil liberals and their allies.

Spurtacus
10-05-2008, 02:40 AM
McSame, McSame.

Wild Cobra
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
The Obamunist needs to be exposed. I consider negative campaigning when it is nothing but lies. I don't consider exposing the truth to be negative. It is a positive thing for the voters to know.

Can you liberals say there isn't truth in the ads attacking Obama?

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Can you liberals say there isn't truth in the ads attacking Obama?

Have you seen them? They're not planned to be released until... after Tuesdays debate.

:lol

But if we're talking about past attack ads like the lipstick on a pig and sex education... well, no, there isn't any truth to them.

I don't expect much change for future McShame/Failin attack ads.

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
A politician once said...

"Sooner or later people are going to figure out that if all you run are negative attack ads you don't have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it."

Who was this politician?

McCain in 2000

florige
10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
A politician once said...

"Sooner or later people are going to figure out that if all you run are negative attack ads you don't have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it."

Who was this politician?

McCain in 2000

It's amazing what desperation will bring out. Even though he did go on the record as saying that he wouldn't bring up the while Wright thing. Probably because he is sure that other groups will do that for him.