PDA

View Full Version : The Kimbo Slice Thread

ICE3000
10-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice, give the guy his props how many "street thugs" could just walk in off the streets and beat ANY proffesional fighter with no previous mma training? Even people who hate kimbos guts have to admit that is pretty impressive, and why is it that people are calling for kimbo to fight one of the elite fighters when he only has three fights under his belt? if he is such a lousy fighter why is the bar set so much higher for him thanany other mma fighter? dont you realize this guy is a rookie? After about 10 fights maybe he should fight someone of "elite" status. another thing why are people setting a scenerio to where once kimbo loses its over? Im mean how many mma fighters have gone indefeated and since when does a loss spell the end of ones career?

TheTruth
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Why after only 3 fights is he headlining a major fight card on a National network? Pretty much the only problem I have with the guy.

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I only hate him because JT got robbed on his last fight

ICE3000
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Why after only 3 fights is he headlining a major fight card on a National network? Pretty much the only problem I have with the guy.
I agree he should be undercard but EEC should be blamed not the fighter, hell if iI were kimbo I would take the cash and run too

Anti.Hero
10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
MMA has a long history and some scrub from the streets should not be the Main Face to the public who still do not know MMA that well.

It's not really a big deal. He's got the name, the beard, and the muscle. Can't blame him for getting paid.

djohn14
10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
IMO we dont hate Kimbo. We hate how they have tried to make an unproven streetfighter the face of MMA when there are guys like Anderson Silva who have worked there asses off and dont get the mainstream attention for some stupid reason.

Evan
10-04-2008, 03:21 PM
You are making so many groundless assumptions and are not taking anything in its proper context. Nobody really hates him.

I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice, give the guy his props how many "street thugs" could just walk in off the streets and beat ANY proffesional fighter with no previous mma training?

He's fighting washed up cans who never had much to begin with.

Even people who hate kimbos guts have to admit that is pretty impressive,

Its not impressive at all. He's not doing anything.

and why is it that people are calling for kimbo to fight one of the elite fighters when he only has three fights under his belt?

Nobody here is saying that. If he would fight a top 50 HW that would be fine with me.

if he is such a lousy fighter why is the bar set so much higher for him thanany other mma fighter

Its not.

dont you realize this guy is a rookie?

Then why is he headlining cards? Brock Lesnar is fighting for the UFC HW title against after 3 fights.

another thing why are people setting a scenerio to where once kimbo loses its over? Im mean how many mma fighters have gone indefeated and since when does a loss spell the end of ones career?

If he loses to Ken Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in over 4 years he might as well call it quits.

Its all about who he is fighting.

Kimbo Slice represents everything about boxing that fans hate and we don't want to see it in MMA. He needs to fight someone real....not elite...just a real fighter.

Evan
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
hell if iI were kimbo I would take the cash and run too

I don't blame him either...good for him....but the criticisms comes with those actions. Tenfold when he says he can beat anybody.

desflood
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
How long did Kimbo train with Bas Rutten before his first mma fight?

dbreiden83080
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice?

I was going to give you a whole long break-down of your arguments but Evan said pretty much everythng i was thinking

You are making so many groundless assumptions and are not taking anything in its proper context. Nobody really hates him.

He's fighting washed up cans who never had much to begin with.

Its not impressive at all. He's not doing anything.

Nobody here is saying that. If he would fight a top 50 HW that would be fine with me.

Its not.

Then why is he headlining cards? Brock Lesnar is fighting for the UFC HW title against after 3 fights.

If he loses to Ken Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in over 4 years he might as well call it quits.

Its all about who he is fighting.

Kimbo Slice represents everything about boxing that fans hate and we don't want to see it in MMA. He needs to fight someone real....not elite...just a real fighter.

:toast:toast

First Rate Stuff Evan

I'll just add a little that while i don't blame Kimbo for taking the cash and the attention it is a terrible thing for our Sport to have this guy front and center. He is just a side-show circus act. Too many people still think that MMA is about just brawling like in a bar fight. That is the very thing that got Kimbo noticed. Brawling with thugs on youtube in backyards and parking lots. He is now fighting tomato cans in MMA, getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I have a problem when this guy is in the main event and someone like Andre The Pitbull Arlovski, is fighing on the undercard. Andre would massacre Kimbo in 1 round. He'd kick his ass so hard it is not even funny. So again i don't hate Kimbo in that he is just taking what is being given to him. I just hate how he is being held up as a rep for our sport. He is very very BAD for MMA.

Evan
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
How long did Kimbo train with Bas Rutten before his first mma fight?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a couple months....he fought that 47'ish year old boxer Ray Mercer.

dbreiden83080
10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
IMO we dont hate Kimbo. We hate how they have tried to make an unproven streetfighter the face of MMA when there are guys like Anderson Silva who have worked there asses off and dont get the mainstream attention for some stupid reason.

Exactly

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/i/pi/179812_1.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00407/gsp_280x390_407499a.jpg

Guys like this deserve the attention. They have earned it, every step of the way

Evan
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll just add a little that while i don't blame Kimbo for taking the cash and the attention it is a terrible thing for our Sport to have this guy front and center. He is just a side-show circus act. Too many people still think that MMA is about just brawling like in a bar fight. That is the very thing that got Kimbo noticed. Brawling with thugs on youtube in backyards and parking lots. He is now fighting tomato cans in MMA, getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I have a problem when this guy is in the main event and someone like Andre The Pitbull Arlovski, is fighing on the undercard. Andre would massacre Kimbo in 1 round. He'd kick his ass so hard it is not even funny. So again i don't hate Kimbo in that he is just taking what is being given to him. I just hate how he is being held up as a rep for our sport. He is very very BAD for MMA.

Actually this is probably the number 1 core reason abve what I wrote^^^

MMA fans are extremely passionate and protective of the sport and its bothersome to read/hear how he is an elite fighter in USAtoday...CNN...CBSsports.com on and on when this tiny guy who weighs 145 pounds would destroy Kimbo in roughly 30 seconds.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z251/thesvzach/UrijahFaber.jpg

We just want this thing done right.

Slydragon
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow

LakerHater
10-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Kimbo got exposed in his last fight for having a week ground game!!
Now this fight with Petruzelli for havin a weak, glass jaw!!
Shouldn't be head lining, Elite XC down the drain!!

LakerHater
10-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Ken Shamrock will wipe the floor with him!!
Anyone that knows anything knows that Kimbo can only fight fighters who he has an advantage over!!
Jus look at his back yard fights, his opponents are out of shape & can't fight!!

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 12:14 AM
well hes yet to prove anything yet hes extremely hyped. its hard to like someone like that if youre true fan.

LakerHater
10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
ur4GfOJ9Q7U

T Park
10-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't watch MMA

but that was pathetic

this guy could easily be the most overrated sports guy since Mandarich

cornbread
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
:lol Don't you wish you would have waited until after his fight before starting this thread?

dbreiden83080
10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't watch MMA

but that was pathetic

this guy could easily be the most overrated sports guy since Mandarich

He was not really rated at all. That is the problem with Slice. He got attention for being this circus act. He was never a legit MMA fighter. Watch fights with the likes of George ST. Pierre, BJ Penn, Rampage Jackson, Wandy Silva, Fedor, Forrest Griffin, the elite best of the best. That might get you into MMA. Kimbo was always just a side-show attraction.

LEONARD
10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
I actually like Kimbo, but don't like all the hype...the casual fan actually thinks he has something...

Happy for Seth...

ATRAIN
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I actually like Kimbo, but don't like all the hype...the casual fan actually thinks he has something...

Happy for Seth...

Yeah I dont hate the guy and his winning was good for Elite XC, but yeah he was overhyped BIG TIME. They were doing what any promotion was trying to do but Sharmrock getting hurt messed up thier plans. Great Job by Seth and I have to admit I was shocked it ended that soon. I expected at least 2 rounds.

Evan
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Happy for Seth...

Put Kimbo on a card somewhere besides the top and I could not care less but the hype he and his team has developed along with headlining cards is what gets me.

What bothers people is how he is perceived because the sports media hypes him as a elite fighter because they don't know better. It is the exact same thing as some AND1 player being presented as the best there is in basketball.

But for him to be smashed by Seth….a no name barely decent fighter who fights in a lower weight class than Kimbo proves beyond a shadow of a doubt what a complete farce this Kimbo thing was.

So here's what we know about Kimbo…

1. He has no power behind his strikes, he couldn't KO Josh who has the second weakest chin in MMA.
2. He has no ground game
3. He has the weakest chin in MMA

Wow…what a great fighter.

But hey...good for Seth.

LEONARD
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
He got dropped by a short little jab by a LHW who was backing up...that's all we need to know... :lol

I'm sure he'll keep fighting and putting butts in seats, but he can't be the main event if EliteXC wants to be legit...

Gina vs Cyborg main event? uhhhhhhh

Evan
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
He got dropped by a short little jab by a LHW who was backing up...that's all we need to know... :lol

I'm sure he'll keep fighting and putting butts in seats, but he can't be the main event if EliteXC wants to be legit...

They can't keep headlining him..he's taken as seriously as Gabe Rutiger now……

And what's with mauro ranallo making instant excuses for Kimbo losing? Dismissing it because he wasn't ready….well what about Seth? How about a little credit?

BlackSwordsMan
10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Kimbo is known as a street fighter weren't all those fights spur of the moments things?

BlackSwordsMan
10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
come on guy!

Evan
10-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Kimbo is known as a street fighter weren't all those fights spur of the moments things?

"Anyone Anywhere" :lmao

Kimbo didn't bother me much until I saw him doing those Gangsta poses with that moron trainer behind him pretending he had a gun on Thursday. Most children stop being impressing playing like they have real guns when their 8 or so. Real Thugz…..please….grow up.

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20081003122113_big_kimbo.JPG&width_size=570

LEONARD
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
That was annoying...

I read somewhere that Kimbo's team requested more money to take the fight...

LEONARD
10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
They can't keep headlining him..he's taken as seriously as Gabe Rutiger now……

And what's with mauro ranallo making instant excuses for Kimbo losing? Dismissing it because he wasn't ready….well what about Seth? How about a little credit?

That was annoying...

I read somewhere that Kimbo's team requested more money to take the fight...

They carefully selected who to accept...

Evan
10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
By the way ICE3000

You fail at the internets

sorry I had too

djohn14
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
KIMBO JUST SIGNED A 4 FIGHT DEAL WITH THE UFC!

Complete joke. Anyone in the right mind knows that would never happen.

dbreiden83080
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM

LOL, yeah he'll be handing out caps and posters at the main entrance

djohn14
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Haha, if he's lucky.

Evan
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
He has Japanese MMA written all over him.

Thats where he belongs...nothing personal..good for him...hope he makes some money over there. I just want him out of real MMA.

dbreiden83080
10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
He has Japanese MMA written all over him.

Thats where he belongs...nothing personal..good for him...hope he makes some money over there. I just want him out of real MMA.

He'll be out of the sport altogether soon. I mean who can he even beat? They'd have to give him so many cans, that can barely throw a punch to get him on a winning streak.

Evan
10-21-2008, 09:47 PM
He'll be out of the sport altogether soon. I mean who can he even beat? They'd have to give him so many cans, that can barely throw a punch to get him on a winning streak.

Naw he's perfect for Japanese MMA...their cards are loaded with 2-6 cans for their stars to beat. Look who Fedor fought last time...a mutated slow tree trunk that throws 10mph punches. Japanese want 50% sport and 50% entertainment. They look at it so different. Its not much to do with competition like we think of it.

dallaskd
10-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Kimbo wants to fight in Japan, rematch.

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/slice-wants-rematch-eyes-japan-14885

Evan
10-22-2008, 06:46 PM
*coughs* ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Naw he's perfect for Japanese MMA.

angelbelow
10-22-2008, 08:49 PM

lol, only 4 fights!?!?!?

Evan
10-27-2008, 08:56 AM
UFC 90 post fight press conference Dana offered to make Kimbo a spot on TUF. If Kimbo could win, which I doubt, but if he could win it would be the smartest thing he has ever done and is the only way he will make his big money again.

This is such a win win situation.

Spike ratings would sky rocket….

If he won TUF he would get some cred with annoying MMA purists (like me lol) who have complained about him up and down.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/10/27/the-ufc-would-consider-having-a-heavyweight-season-of-the-ultimate-fighter-just-for-kimbo-slice/

Nobody loses out here UNLESS Kimbo loses badly. He doesn't even have to win.

Kimbo has 3 options.

1. Headline small regional shows. - Most likely.
2. Headline Big time wanna be shows like Affliction but that’s a high price and people will hate it.
3. TUF - His best option if he can put on a good showing.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Well there is no money in TUF unless you win or do well enough to get invited to fight again in the UFC and i would bet Kimbo would have to win or get the boot from the UFC. So i don't think it is a good idea for him to even consider the show. Somebody will be dumb enough to pay him a few hundred grand for another fight or 2.

Evan
10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Well there is no money in TUF unless you win or do well enough to get invited to fight again in the UFC and i would bet Kimbo would have to win or get the boot from the UFC. So i don't think it is a good idea for him to even consider the show. Somebody will be dumb enough to pay him a few hundred grand for another fight or 2.

It’s a perfect idea IMO. Most HW's are terrible so if he could improve enough between now and a potential HW TUF he could do very well..

And there is NOW WAY he would get a typical TUF contract. Not a chance. Dana would bonus him all over the place should he make a good showing.

Evan
10-27-2008, 11:54 AM
The fellow at fightlinker disagrees with me, with a passion. lol

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3594

^langauge warning.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
It’s a perfect idea IMO. Most HW's are terrible so if he could improve enough between now and a potential HW TUF he could do very well..

And there is NOW WAY he would get a typical TUF contract. Not a chance. Dana would bonus him all over the place should he make a good showing.

Oh god how bad would Dana look if he gives Kimbo a sweet TUF deal after he bashed him all over the place? He said "This guy can't fight" 100 times over. I know what you are saying about interest but Dana will look like an idiot if he brings this guy in. So what he is on TUF but will get paid far more than the other fighters if he wins? I don't like that idea, if he is back than everyone will talk about him being the face of MMA again. We don't need that, i'm sure you agree with that much...

Evan
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh god how bad would Dana look if he gives Kimbo a sweet TUF deal after he bashed him all over the place? He said "This guy can't fight" 100 times over. I know what you are saying about interest but Dana will look like an idiot if he brings this guy in....

I guarantee he doesn't care. I swear that guy is all promoter and a nice heel does the company good.

So what he is on TUF but will get paid far more than the other fighters if he wins? ...

So what? Happens all the time. You think their contracts mean anything? These guys ge so many bonuses.

I don't like that idea, if he is back than everyone will talk about him being the face of MMA again. We don't need that, i'm sure you agree with that much...

He can either come back and spare everyone to death in regional shows being the fraud he is or he can "prove himself" in TUF. TUF is the ultimate MMA training camp. That’s how it would get spun.

However…I don't think he would win.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
He can either come back and spare everyone to death in regional shows being the fraud he is or he can "prove himself" in TUF. TUF is the ultimate MMA training camp. That’s how it would get spun.

However…I don't think he would win.

He probably still has enough name recognition to get some sucker to give him close to 6 figures or over that amount to fight for them. Even if it is just a few fights. You said he could fight in Japan, they love the circus acts.. If he goes to TUF and say gets beaten in his qualifying match, where does he go from there? I also think he is too arrogant to take Dana up on the offer, feeling he is too good for TUF.

Evan
10-27-2008, 12:13 PM
He probably still has enough name recognition to get some sucker to give him close to 6 figures or over that amount to fight for them. .

Who will pay that? Not even Affliction would touch that.

Even if it is just a few fights. You said he could fight in Japan, they love the circus acts.. .

Dream 8 NYE may be his last chance.

If he goes to TUF and say gets beaten in his qualifying match, where does he go from there? .

Regional shows who can't pay his current pay level anyway.

I also think he is too arrogant to take Dana up on the offer, feeling he is too good for TUF.

No its perfect! IF HE really believed in himself.

But...read that fightlinker link. The guy totally agrees with you.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Who will pay that? Not even Affliction would touch that.
He'd make more than he would showing up to TUF getting arm-barred in the qualfying match, packing his bags and heading home

"Dream 8 NYE may be his last chance"

Maybe he could take some time off, he made probably a few mil already on his circus act. Assuming he hasn't blown through that cash, which is possible.

"Regional shows who can't pay his current pay level anyway"

And if he loses in his opening match on TUF he'll make ZERO and be out of the UFC

"No its perfect! IF HE really believed in himself.

But...read that fightlinker link. The guy totally agrees with you"

I definately don't totally disagree with your point of view i just don't see a great upside for him to do this. Dana is calling him out saying "You suck come on the show and get your ass kicked". He will likely get his ass kicked so if i was his rep's i'd be trying to get him as much money as i can elsewhere. Stay away from TUF, where he'd likely get embarassed for no money. Unless Dana wants to pay him 100 grand to just show up.

Evan
10-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Money solves all problems and hurt feelings.

And while I say Japan will embrace him, there may not be anyone who can soon.

Also......... my entire argument is based on Kimbo and his camp believing in himself enough to take Dana's offer.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Money solves all problems and hurt feelings.

What money? He won't make a dime unless he does something on the show.

"Also......... my entire argument is based on Kimbo and his camp believing in himself enough to take Dana's offer"

Do you think he really ever took fighting for real or was this just a circus act? I mean he got KO'd by a blown up light heavyweight ex ultimate fighter reject. He may do this but if you advised him would you say "This is his best opportunity"

Evan
10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
What money? He won't make a dime unless he does something on the show.

Dana or Spike wouldn't fall over themselves pay him a nice bonus to show up. Ratings ratings. Kimbo losing is worth just as much as Kimbo winning. And Dana is a promoter first and I imagine he would love to kill him off 100% under the UFC banner.

Do you think he really ever took fighting for real or was this just a circus act? I mean he got KO'd by a blown up light heavyweight ex ultimate fighter reject. He may do this but if you advised him would you say "This is his best opportunity"

If I really believed he was legit.Then yes.

I think he is a 100% fraud but this idea of TUF is very interesting.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Dana or Spike wouldn't fall over themselves pay him a nice bonus to show up. Ratings ratings. Kimbo losing is worth just as much as Kimbo winning. And Dana is a promoter first and I imagine he would love to kill him off 100% under the UFC banner.

This i agree with. Dana looks like a friggin moron for giving him a chance but it would mean ratings and all sorts of hurt feelings in the house if he qualifed to get on because none of them are making a dime and the circus act is getting paid.

"If I really believed he was legit.Then yes.

I think he is a 100% fraud but this idea of TUF is very interesting"

You may be right if he sees the UFC as his only option. I don't know, maybe he'll give it a shot.

2centsworth
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I would do TUF if I were Kimbo, but no for zero dollars. TUF's ratings would skyrocket with Kimbo, so he would deserve a little piece of that action. Otherwise, tell Dana to stick it.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I think Evan is right, they'd pay Kimbo to show up for ratings but at the same time they would be selling out the supposed legitimacy of the show. There's got to be better prospects out there than Kimbo to get a tryout.

2centsworth
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
What better way than to actually see if Kimbo is legit than to make him earn it through TUF? Fans are smart enough to understand that Kimbo should get a small piece of the action because of the increased ratings. Not a fortune, but something fair like $50k. Paying him a small fee won't make a mockery of the show. It's just an intelligent way to find out once and for all if this guy has potential.

I think he's a scrub, but lets see.

Evan
10-27-2008, 01:53 PM
There is no doubt he would get paid. Its the only way for people to think he is legit.

Affliciton would get such bad PR and he would get boo'd heavily at regional shows.

Japan is the best option but DREAM is about to go away.

TUF, IMO, is the only option that makes sense.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
It would be a big one night event

"Don't miss Kimbo Slice's attempt to make onto The Ultimate Fighter, tonight on Spike"

Would be the highest rated premiere of the show. And yes if he can win fights there that is a great thing for him going forward, i don't think he can though....

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey you want ratings, Bring Tito on as Coach with Slice trying to qualify, LOL that would bring in the masses :hat

2centsworth
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
how about a TUF show with former athletes from different sports all competing for one spot?

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 02:13 PM
The show is a great training camp of sorts for fighters but i don't see Kimbo having much talent. He had like 3 years of advanced training with Bass Rutten and a team of experts and he looked like garbage in his last few fights. I doubt TUF would whip him into elite fighting shape.

Evan
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
how about a TUF show with former athletes from different sports all competing for one spot?

meh....just leave it to MMA.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Well that would really fly in the face of the point of the show. TUF is for elite MMA prospects.

Evan
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081027/exclusive__kimbo_slice_s_manager_talks_future__tuf _offer_and_elitexc_s_demise-932.html

"However, not-so-surprisingly, Kimbo Slice's manager, Icey Mike, tells MMARated.com that no formal offer has been made to Slice just yet.

"We still need to go through our shit with EliteXC," Mike said. "Until that is all finalized it's kind of hard to even think about that (but) we are open to anything.

I think more people would watch it if he was on it, (but), honestly, I don't even know what they pay.""

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
[url]
"I think more people would watch it if he was on it, (but), honestly, I don't even know what they pay.""

LOL, they pay nothing dip-shit, i hope his manager was kidding when he said this. Try and get him a bonus to come on the show. Maybe Dana would not go there though. Ratings or not he might just say "You want a shot, you got a shot but you have to prove your way like everyone else, no special treatment and no money for just showing up" I still say White looks like a god-damn idiot if he offers this guy cash just to show up and nobody else.

Evan
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Its interesting to talk about but I don't think it would happen. Kimbo is too old and they won't film another episode of TUF until August…then it airs in October…Kimbo wouldn't fight (assuming he won) until Jan or February 10. That’s too long.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
If he's training now like his manager says, he might take one fight somewhere soon and then maybe down the line TUF is an option for him. He is gonna fight again, that much is clear

Evan
10-27-2008, 04:14 PM
He should go to DREAM 9…then maybe Strikeforce or whatever soon to fold organization comes up around Spring.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
If he won a few fights against decent fighters, coming on TUF may work for him. Doesn't sound to me like anything he does will have the UFC offer him a deal straight up. Most he'll get is a TUF offer.

It's funny that Brock with one fight experience against a scrub got a huge deal with the UFC but has proven himself to be legit yet Kimbo is basically begging for quarters in the street.

Evan
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM
If he won a few fights against decent fighters, coming on TUF may work for him. Doesn't sound to me like anything he does will have the UFC offer him a deal straight up. Most he'll get is a TUF offer.

It's funny that Brock with one fight experience against a scrub got a huge deal with the UFC but has proven himself to be legit yet Kimbo is basically begging for quarters in the street.

Brock had NCAA cred and a massive following. Part of the reason he got such a huge deal was because Dana was trying to take away some WWF fans.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Brock had NCAA cred and a massive following. Part of the reason he got such a huge deal was because Dana was trying to take away some WWF fans.

I know all that i am just saying a lot of people tried to lump them into the same category and nobody in the UFC knew Brock would look so good so soon. If he fought twice and looked like crap oh well, they got good ppv buys out of it and he'd be gone.

Evan
10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
"Slice, who spent Thursday at one of his children’s school career day, is weighing his options with his agent Mike Imber. He may fight on the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve show in Japan, possibly a rematch with Petruzelli."

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
LOL a Rematch with Seth, like anyone cares anymore...

Evan
10-29-2008, 02:09 PM
LOL a Rematch with Seth, like anyone cares anymore...

Japanese cartoon finds a home.

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Fedor vs AA and Kimbo at the same time

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
one hook on AA's chin and one jab on Kimbo's right eye
instant winner

angelbelow
10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
one hook on AA's chin and one jab on Kimbo's right eye
instant winner

hed probably try to submit both at once too.

Evan
11-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Nike produced a series of 11 spoof training videos featuring Ferguson and San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson. In the “Train like LT with Kimbo Slice” spots, Ferguson runs Tomlinson through an old school training regimen, complete with a refrigerator serving as a heavy bag and a pair of beat-up air conditioners subbing as weights for bench-press reps.

The videos are actually clever, but, according to the industry publication, Advertising Age, they haven’t connected with a large audience. Over the past two months, the videos have racked up just 503,000 views. That’s a decent number by many measures. However, it falls well short of the kind of hits generated by Ferguson’s backyard fight antics, which have generated a staggering 250 million YouTube views, according to web analytics firm Tubemogul.

^^^^serious over use of the comma.......

Sissiborgo
11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Kimbo is one of the best fighters and will be one of the best...

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM

:donkey:donkey:drunk:drunk:smokin:smokin

Evan
11-17-2008, 07:17 PM

*swims up*
*sniffs troll bait*
*swims away*

polandprzem
11-18-2008, 02:56 AM
mma fight club now have their trolls

wow

desflood
11-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Die-hard fans of any sport will always have their trolls, their detractors and naysayers.

Just smile and wave, boys.

Sissiborgo
11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I mean why do most of you folks hate him?:rolleyes

Evan
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I mean why do most of you folks hate him?:rolleyes

Nobody hates him…nobody wants anything bad happen to him…

But he's an empty showpiece who has no talent. He's a fraud. He is a fake cartoon fighter set up by a boxing promotor who thought he could pull off a great lie without people who knew it was a fraud getting too loud.

Had Kimbo fought even semi decent opponants the outcry wouldn't have been half as loud.

Take Brock Lesnar (because I know that’s coming next)…a true NCAA athlete who didn't get fed 1 can and showed he is legit pretty fast. Kimbo was exposed by a unranked medicore fighter who fights in a weight class below Kimbo.

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM

But he's an empty showpiece who has no talent. He's a fraud. He is a fake cartoon fighter set up by a boxing promotor who thought he could pull off a great lie without people who knew it was a fraud getting too loud.

Had Kimbo fought even semi decent opponants the outcry wouldn't have been half as loud.

Take Brock Lesnar (because I know that’s coming next)…a true NCAA athlete who didn't get fed 1 can and showed he is legit pretty fast. Kimbo was exposed by a unranked medicore fighter who fights in a weight class below Kimbo.

All good points Evan. And with Kimbo had Elite-XC stayed afloat a while longer, they would have done all they could to keep his circus act going feeding him cans and washed up vet fighters. Beat up poor old man Shamrock, then probably get him a fight with Dan Severn or maybe Royce Gracie, something like that..

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I will be rooting for him in his freak show match-ups in Japan.

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 08:42 PM
All good points Evan. And with Kimbo had Elite-XC stayed afloat a while longer, they would have done all they could to keep his circus act going feeding him cans and washed up vet fighters. Beat up poor old man Shamrock, then probably get him a fight with Dan Severn or maybe Royce Gracie, something like that..

What commission would approve a Gracie-Kimbo fight? lol

Evan
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Japan.

I love Japanese MMA, hate Japanese freak shows.

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Japan.

I love Japanese MMA, hate Japanese freak shows.

He was talking about EliteXC. I couldn't see EXC going to Japan to have that fight.

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 11:20 PM

You know what i'm saying, cans and aging vets was on his diet, anything to keep the circus going, trying to fool the suckers..

And i'm sure Gracie could fight at 205 if he wanted too, he is like 6'1..

Sissiborgo
11-21-2008, 07:09 PM

I mean he has been good in he's last fights though (my opinion)..:hat

Sissiborgo
11-21-2008, 07:10 PM
And give that man a chance....He's a good brawler and just needs some training...:ihit

Evan
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I mean he has been good in he's last fights though (my opinion)..:hat

Which fight?

The one where he couldn't KO the weakest chin in MMA or the one where he got ko'd by a glancing jab from a spare who fights in a class lower than him?:p:

dbreiden83080
11-21-2008, 07:49 PM
And give that man a chance....He's a good brawler and just needs some training...:ihit

He doesn't have the talent to compete at a high level to deserve the level of attention he was getting.. They tried to serve him up a never was can and a reject from the Ultimate Fighter and he didn't do shit to prove himself. I don't have a problem with him getting attention as long as he backs it up, he hasn't. Evan mentioned Lesner and he's right, he is earning that attention.. He's 2-1 in the UFC, against a former world champion (Frank Mir), a vet top notch opponent (Heath Herring) and Randy Couture one of the best MMA fighters of all time. Kimbo would get murdered by everyone Brock has fought..

Sissiborgo
11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
We will just need to wait and see what he can do...:toast

Evan
11-22-2008, 02:05 PM
We will just need to wait and see what he can do...:toast

Not to pounce on you...but we already have and its not much. I don't think there is a top 30 135lb fighter that wouldn't beat him in the first round.

dbreiden83080
11-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Not to pounce on you...but we already have and its not much. I don't think there is a top 30 135lb fighter that wouldn't beat him in the first round.

It's funny dude, because the big thing about Kimbo that everyone thought was he had lights out KO power but he really doesn't at all. He hits hard enough but not so hard that he will flatten decent pro fighters with one shot. And for such a big guy, he doesn't have much of a chin. Add that to the fact he has no wrestling or JJ and he basically sucks..

Evan
11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
The only reason james thompson was signed was so Kimbo could get a high light KO on his resume.....and the fact that he couldn't knock that out is appalling...

dbreiden83080
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I know and he probably would have KO'd him but he got taken down in the first rd and he has no gas tank at all. He was flat and out of energy the rest of the fight..

dallaskd
11-24-2008, 07:43 PM

I would jump all over that bet.

Kimbo > #30 135er

dbreiden83080
11-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I would jump all over that bet.

Kimbo > #30 135er

It might be a decent fight with that glass chin.. :lol

Sissiborgo
11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Like i said give that man a chance...:fro