PDA

View Full Version : What is elitism?

Findog
10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mccain-vs-obama.jpg

ChumpDumper
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
It's a word people use when they can't think of anything else.

I use it sarcastically. It's pretty much a meaningless term, so it fits in any situation.

George Gervin's Afro
10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
It's a word people use when they can't think of anything else.

I use it sarcastically. It's pretty much a meaningless term, so it fits in any situation.

MSM is another lazy term. Don 't like what's reported so just blame the MSM..Of course no one will ever tell you who is included in the MSM.

whottt
10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
It's assuming your political leanings or party affiliation make you smarter than anyone else.

whottt
10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Being wealthy and materialistic has nothing to do with elistism. You can be elitist and be dirt poor or be filthy rich and be populist, ditto education level...just depends on the degree to which you believe you are better than anyone else...and why.

For example, my belief that I am smarter than everyone else would be elitism if not for the fact that it is unquestionably true.

InRareForm
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Elitism is the belief that a certain group of people or just oneself is better than anyone else because they are part of an association or some kind of trait that differs from others.

Shastafarian
10-04-2008, 07:05 PM
It's assuming your political leanings or party affiliation make you smarter than anyone else.

God damn irony is funny.

Anti.Hero
10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
What is class warfare?

ElNono
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
For example, my belief that my ego is bigger than everyone else would be elitism if not for the fact that it is unquestionably true.

:hat

Shastafarian
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
For example, my belief that I am smarter than everyone else would be elitism if not for the fact that it is unquestionably true.

So what kind of job you got there Kevin? Something in nuclear physics? Medicine? Law? Engineering? Food Preparation perhaps?