10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Joey Dorsey

The Franchise
10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Joey Dorsey

+1,567,789,789

JamStone
10-04-2008, 11:49 PM
I think OJ Mayo will put up the most impressive stats of any rookie. And, I think that will give him the best chance at the award.

tlongII
10-05-2008, 01:21 AM
It might be Rudy. You should have seen him at the scrimmage yesterday. He's something special.

bdictjames
10-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Mayo.

MrChug
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Mayo will shoot too much and alienate his teammates.

Red Hawk #21
10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Im going with my boy Derrick Rose on this one, and I also think Rudy Fernandez has a strong chance.

JamStone
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM

That won't preclude him from winning the ROY. In fact, that might help him.

turiaf for president
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
its gonna be mayo. hes gonna be option 1 or 2 along with gay.

Xylus
10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Silly people, it's obviously Goran Dragic!

[/homer]

manufor3
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
oj mayo

monosylab1k
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Shan Foster

Kriz-Maxima
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Walter Sharpe

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I think OJ Mayo will put up the most impressive stats of any rookie. And, I think that will give him the best chance at the award.

I voted Beasley because he's just better, however, you're probably right with you take. I think Mayo and Beasley will be 1/2 in the voting. Fernandez is technically a rookie, and will be very solid. I expect top-5 for he and Oden. Bayless won't make the impact this year that he will in the future, but I expect a solid rookie campaign.

First team...

Mayo
Fernandez
Rush
Beasley
Oden

Second Team...

Rose
Bayless or Gordon
Westbrook
Love
B. Lopez

I. Hustle
10-06-2008, 12:11 PM
George Hill

BlackSwordsMan
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
yo momma

Tmac&Luther
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Oden and Rudy will end up stealing votes from eachother, I'm going to go with Beasley.........you know the guy that Chicago should've taken with the #1 ovrl pick.

JamStone
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Appears quite a few people have high expectations of Rudy Fernandez. While I think he has the potential to be a really good player, I think he'll have plenty of growing pains his first year in the league. Strength or lack thereof is very much a concern. But beyond that is playing time. Brandon Roy has a lot of point guard responsibilities, but he still primarily plays (or should play) shooting guard. That's Rudy's position. You add Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster and even Nicolas Batum at the small forward position, and Rudy has limited minutes on the wing. Even if Rudy can play some point, he still has to beat out Steve Blake, Jerry Bayless, and fellow countryman Sergio Rodriguez for minutes there.

Rudy is going to be good, but I question he'll get enough playing time, this season most specifically, to be a serious contender for ROY.

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Appears quite a few people have high expectations of Rudy Fernandez. While I think he has the potential to be a really good player, I think he'll have plenty of growing pains his first year in the league. Strength or lack thereof is very much a concern. But beyond that is playing time. Brandon Roy has a lot of point guard responsibilities, but he still primarily plays (or should play) shooting guard. That's Rudy's position. You add Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster and even Nicolas Batum at the small forward position, and Rudy has limited minutes on the wing. Even if Rudy can play some point, he still has to beat out Steve Blake, Jerry Bayless, and fellow countryman Sergio Rodriguez for minutes there.

Rudy is going to be good, but I question he'll get enough playing time, this season most specifically, to be a serious contender for ROY.

I think he'll get plenty of minutes. Probably around 25 minutes a night after the first month or two. He played amazing in the Olympics and faced some very good players. I know the transition will still be there, but he seems more than capable. I think double-figure points is doable, and I'm expecting around 12 per night with near 40% from range and a solid 45% from the field. Throw in a handful of rebounds (2 per) and assists (same) and I think it'll be enough to overtake the likes of Rose, Gordon, Bayless... players with tons of talent, but not near the experience, nor overall ability.

JamStone
10-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I see more like 12-15 mpg for Rudy. I don't think that will be enough to put him in contention for ROY.

GuerillaBlack
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Considering no one has played....the very last choice.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
oj mayo???? christ its sickening how much the media gets people to swallow their bull shit.

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I see more like 12-15 mpg for Rudy. I don't think that will be enough to put him in contention for ROY.

With Roy's versatility, I think Rudy will easily get 20 minutes a game. He's too talented a scorer.

Kai
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Yep, I'm sure that will stop him from losing ROY

Signed,
Kevin Durant

Red Hawk #21
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
The other 2 people who voted for Rose as rookie of the year are looking pretty smart right now.

JamStone
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Last year, the Indiana Pacers started the season 3-0. Would people who predicted the Pacers to win the NBA Title before last season started have looked smart after three games into the regular season?

Red Hawk #21
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Last year, the Indiana Pacers started the season 3-0. Would people who predicted the Pacers to win the NBA Title before last season started have looked smart after three games into the regular season?

Winning a championship and winning ROY are two totally different things. I know the season just started but Rose is looking solid, he doesn't have a rookie's body so I don't expect his body to start breaking down like some other rookies, and that kid plays so hard also. If he doesn't get hurt he's going to be ROY.

JamStone
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Larry Hughes is out right now. While some might think that won't matter, I think Hughes will getting into the rotation will not only cut into Rose's minutes, but will cut into his touches. I know Hughes sucks and all, but he's the best perimeter defender they have and they're paying him a lot of money. He's going to play some. That will cut into Rose's minutes and touches, even if it's not a lot.

I picked Mayo simply because not only will he get a shitload of minutes, but on the Grizzlies, he basically has the green light while he's on the court.

Red Hawk #21
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Thats an excellent point Jamstone, I didn't think of that before.

Kai
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Winning a championship and winning ROY are two totally different things. I know the season just started but Rose is looking solid, he doesn't have a rookie's body so I don't expect his body to start breaking down like some other rookies, and that kid plays so hard also. If he doesn't get hurt he's going to be ROY.

WTF is a rookie's body? You think that is why players hit the "rookie wall"? I don't think too many rookies have different body types than non-rookies.

IronMexican
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
WTF is a rookie's body? You think that is why players hit the "rookie wall"? I don't think too many rookies have different body types than non-rookies.

Watch some KG rookie tapes. That's a rookies body.

Spur-Addict
11-02-2008, 09:38 PM
yo momma

+1---She has solid post skills with a soft touch, furthermore, her ability to defend and rebound make her a multi category threat. She defends better than most veterans in the post today. She also makes a mean meatloaf!