PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated: Letter to the Editor

Useruser666
02-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I saw this letter to the editor in the April '05 edition of Sports Illustrated. I thought I would share it and get everyone's opinions.

Fan Pan

I was confused and saddened by the LEADING OFF (Jan. 17) picture of Jermaine O'neal, who pledged $1,000 for every point he scored to tsnami relief victims, trying to shoot a free throw while being distracted by San Antonio Spurs fans. I have been tough in my attitude toward NBA players, but if the fans in San Antonio waving their inflatable tokens of selfishness are representative of what NBA players have to deal with every night, I owe those players an apology.

Dave Stedman, Birmiingham

Holy cow, where to begin! This guy has no clue what it means to go to a professional sports game. "inflatable tokens of selfishness", WTF!!! Yeah the Spurs fans showed absolutely no class when they didn't offer the Pacer's players a beer like the wonderful hosts in Detriot. I think basing how much you give to charity based off your own personl glory is a sad sad thing.

timvp
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
:lmao

WTF?

T Park
02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
What an absolute idiot.

BTW,

April 05??? You got one hell of an advanced edition there User. :)

boutons
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Amazing that SI even published the letter. Probably thought they were being politically correct and disaster sympathetic.

desflood
02-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Must be a fan of a losing team. Sounds suspiciously like sour grapes to me...

PM5K
02-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Not only that but the Spurs themselves tried to keep O'neal from scoring, how dare they?

The Spurs clearly don't care about the Tsunami victims.

Useruser666
02-12-2005, 02:25 PM
What an absolute idiot.

BTW,

April 05??? You got one hell of an advanced edition there User. :)

It is April '05. Seemed weird to me too. The NBA isn't golf!

exstatic
02-12-2005, 02:27 PM
I was confused and saddened by the LEADING OFF (Jan. 17) picture of Jermaine O'neal, who pledged $1,000 for every point he scored to tsnami relief victims, trying to shoot a free throw while being distracted by San Antonio Spurs fans. I have been tough in my attitude toward NBA players, but if the fans in San Antonio waving their inflatable tokens of selfishness are representative of what NBA players have to deal with every night, I owe those players an apology.

Pooh, that's longer than your novel.

SpursWoman
02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Pooh, that's longer than your novel.

:lmao

What I found somewhat ironic....this wasn't too long after his return from his extended vacation, which he earned by quite charitably nailing a fan.

ummmmKay. :shootme

T Park
02-12-2005, 02:36 PM
It is April '05

SI issues are weekly.

How did you get a April issue already

Clandestino
02-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I never heard of the Spurs organization render any help to the Tsunami victims in Asia :rolleyes

There is more to life than just hoops. :rolleyes

how much did you give?

Useruser666
02-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Correction, that's when my sub ends. It's the Feb 7, issue Volume 102, No. 5.

Useruser666
02-12-2005, 02:39 PM
$100 in hard cash not vbookie ones you Spursies like soo much

So you gave up your hand lotion budget for a week? Wow!

T Park
02-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Gracias User.

Wolves, how much did Minnesota donate.

BTW, theyve gotten enough money, over 400 or so million. Good nuff.

Experiment2100
02-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Minnesota has their own charity to work for. They have to work on feeding Spree's kids

MaNuMaNiAc
02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I saw this letter to the editor in the April '05 edition of Sports Illustrated. I thought I would share it and get everyone's opinions.

Fan Pan

Dave Stedman, Birmiingham

Holy cow, where to begin! This guy has no clue what it means to go to a professional sports game. "inflatable tokens of selfishness", WTF!!! Yeah the Spurs fans showed absolutely no class when they didn't offer the Pacer's players a beer like the wonderful hosts in Detriot. I think basing how much you give to charity based off your own personl glory is a sad sad thing.

This is just great!! then perhaps when we get to the Finals we should pledge $1000 per point to the Tsunami victims, and whoever is playing against us better let us score or else they're just selfish MOFOs!!!! WHAT A FUCKING MORON!!!!

SpursWoman
02-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Minnesota has their own charity to work for. They have to work on feeding Spree's kids

:lol :rollin

johnny00
02-12-2005, 03:45 PM

Spoken like a true fan who has already given up on thier season.

2centsworth
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I never heard of the Spurs organization render any help to the Tsunami victims in Asia

There is more to life than just hoops.

How pathetic, hoops in minnessota has deteriorated to this point. I guess having the citizenship award named after a spurs player means nothing.

TDfan2007
02-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I never heard of the Spurs organization render any help to the Tsunami victims in Asia :rolleyes

WOW!!! How come you always have to make stupid posts like this.

The Spurs donated some ticket sales to the sunami victims.

SO THERE YOU GO ASSHOLE!!!!

:flipoff

sickdsm
02-12-2005, 05:52 PM

Bad question. I remember an article a while ago that stated the KG donated the most out of any NBA player. I know it was over $100 K

texbumTHElife
02-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Bad question. I remember an article a while ago that stated the KG donated the most out of any NBA player. I know it was over $100 K

I heard on ESPN that Jermaine O'Neal donated the most of any NBA player and Michael Schumacher donated the most of any one person.

missmyzte
02-12-2005, 07:42 PM

LMAO! :lol

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-12-2005, 08:54 PM

LOSER,Next time the SPURS play the t-pups SPURS going to donate 100 dollars for every point they score t-pups no defense their is more to life than just hoops. WHAT A LOSER.