PDA

View Full Version : Appaloosa

G-Nob
10-05-2008, 01:16 AM
This was a very good movie. I read the book a couple years ago and couldn't believe they made it into a movie. Was a little skeptical goin into it. Was very impressed with the acting. Not a lot of shootemup moments but the tension of violence carries throughout the whole movie. This is Ed Harris' movie in every way. (actor, director, writer) He does a great job and his chemistry with Viggo Mortensen(sp?) portrays very well. Renee Zellweger is the love interest and she does well, also. Jeremy Irons plays the bad guy and I pretty much love every thing he does.

I recommend this to everyone. Whether you like westerns or not, you'll leave the theater saying to yourself, "that was a damn good movie." Also, it has a very good soundtrack. (I'd sit through the ending credits because there is a song written and sung by harris himself that is great and I giggled from the lyrics)
I guess I would rate it 8/10.

mrsmaalox
10-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm so happy to hear that. I think Zellweger is adorable and have been hoping to see her in something great soon. Jeremy Irons just goes without saying! Mortensen and Harris have always been hit or miss with me, but this looks like a direct hit. I'm looking forward to it!

ballhog
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
It was a decent flick. Kinda slow paced at times but very well acted w/ a good storyline.

AlamoSpursFan
10-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I gather it's a movie about a horse? :lol

I thought I heard Ed Harris say his character's name is Virgil Cole. That was also Willem Dafoe's character's name in Flight Of The Intruder. Not that it matters, just something I noticed.

JMarkJohns
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
It was a decent flick. Kinda slow paced at times but very well acted w/ a good storyline.

I thought it was better than decent, but I'd have to say no better than a B-rated film. Good enough to see once at the theatre, and a handful of times on video. Great acting and dialogue. The latter really carried the film through the slower parts.