PDA

View Full Version : my dad saw avery at a carwash . . .

Ronaldo McDonald
10-05-2008, 02:05 AM
According to my dad, avery said that he and the spurs are working out a deal that would make him an assistant coach.

Ronaldo McDonald
10-05-2008, 02:05 AM
BTW this happened a couple days ago or so.

WildcardManu
10-05-2008, 02:09 AM
umm... I thought he couldn't come to the Spurs.

Biernutz
10-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Don't do it AJ. Keep Cubans $4 mill.

TDMVPDPOY
10-05-2008, 02:16 AM
how much is spurs FO going to pay this guy, when that money couldve been spent on signin a FA, fkn ./THREAD

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 02:18 AM
http://stalin-mao.net/images/2007/12/bullshit_meter.gif

http://www.hyperliterature.com/wp-content/uploads/bullshit+meter.jpg

http://www.absolutad.com/gallery/originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I saw Avery... in a window.

http://i21.tinypic.com/123ljmf.jpg

Spurtacus
10-05-2008, 02:27 AM
I like your window.

Harry Callahan
10-05-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm feeling dirty right now. What was the subject again?

AnotherArgie
10-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Arghhhh. If this is true, AJ may very well become head coach after Pop leaves.

exstatic
10-05-2008, 09:19 AM
So, the carwash gig was only temporary until he gets the Spurs job? Did your dad tip him well?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-05-2008, 09:22 AM
So, the carwash gig was only temporary until he gets the Spurs job? Did your dad tip him well?

:lol

Twisted_Dawg
10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Hmm...which Spurs women are in that tub???

SenorSpur
10-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Why the hell would Avery want to give up Cuban's $4mil?

Mister Sinister
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Keep those lines of machines comin'.

exstatic
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Why the hell would Avery want to give up Cuban's $4mil?

He wouldn't. The Spurs just don't pay their assistants enough to give up that $4M for the next three years.

SenorSpur
10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
He wouldn't. The Spurs just don't pay their assistants enough to give up that $4M for the next three years.

My point exactly. AJ is not that charitable or that stupid.

T Park
10-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Anymore Bullshit Buddy than when you claimed the Spurs had signed Charles Oakley?

polandprzem
10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Was that a hand wash?

polandprzem
10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
:lmao

SenorSpur
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
...with a happy ending?

Ronaldo McDonald
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Only reason he'd do this is if he wants pop's job after he quits. Hard to believe that he'd do it even then, but it's what came out of his mouth.

Ronaldo McDonald
10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
According to my dad, A.J. also had strict control over how his car had to be washed.

polandprzem
10-05-2008, 12:53 PM
According to my dad, A.J. also had strict control over how his car had to be washed.

Damn AJ is a dictator!

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Anymore Bullshit Buddy than when you claimed the Spurs had signed Charles Oakley?

I don't know. I really don't. We'll come to find out won't we. :toast

Though I doubt you really wanted to walk this trail, huh?

Is the bullshit any more apparent than when you gave up on the Spurs mid-playoffs and voided to never support them again because they lost a couple of games.

A higher bullshit meter result than your claiming not to be a gigantic fat ass anymore.

I think those two examples take the cake for bullshit. Penn and Teller would have to do a one hour show on it.

T Park
10-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Is the bullshit any more apparent than when you gave up on the Spurs mid-playoffs and voided to never support them again because they lost a couple of games.

A higher bullshit meter result than your claiming not to be a gigantic fat ass anymore. I think those two examples take the cake for bullshit. Penn and Teller would have to do a one hour show on it.

Awww

someone got mad cause i hit em with the truth.

What a child.

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
even though avery has money on the table with cuban, i dont think money is a huge problem for him.

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Awww

someone got mad cause i hit em with the truth.

What a child.

Nope.

I found it highly comical that Charmin soft TPark, you, would even bring something like that up knowing it would be simple for me or anyone to bring up your long time of major bullshit moments. So I did.

I could care less if you brought up Oakley signs with Spurs lie from 2002(?) or my one time Kori bashing or me claiming Slomo's San Antonio pictures as my own a few years ago on a former nsync fan forum or whatever.

I simply don't care. Why? Because I can admit I did that, because I apologized to the people that deserved it... simply put, I got over it. You on the other hand, well, you get red faced or redder faced at any moment someone throws an insult back at you or brings up your own stupid shit after you've done it to someone else.

You're a walking, talking pile of douche bag supreme. Who has no problem bashing others as long as they keep from doing the same to you. :rolleyes

And please stop acting like you weren't (or still are) a gigantic fat ass. But I guess gigantic was too much and it hurt your feelings. Sorry. You were or still are a obese fat ass. Is that better?

Now, back to the topic at hand. Ronald McDonald's car wash employee father detailing Avery's car and being told by Avery he's working on a deal to be an assistant with the Spurs. :lmao

Obstructed_View
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM

:lmao

Well played.

SenorSpur
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM

:lol

Biernutz
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM

He yelled at them and now the all want to quit.

Budkin
10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
AJ to coach Spurs in a few years?

I. Hustle
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Well MYYYY dad saw David Robinson at a car wash and David told him that he was working on being the president of the Spurs. AAANNNNNDDDDD he can kick your dads ass!

exstatic
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
even though avery has money on the table with cuban, i dont think money is a huge problem for him.

Dude, no one is going to leave 3yrs/$12M on the table that can be collected just by NOT taking another NBA job.

Cuban has sullied his rep and made him almost unemployable. My prediction is that AJ collects at least two years of that, while rehabbing his rep as an analyst on TV. The TV analysts are usually at the front of the NBA coaching line after a season or two. At no point will he, under any circumstances, sacrifice even one year of that Cuban bounty to take an assistant job with the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
If AJ doesn't squeeze Cuban for every penny he's owed, then he doesn't deserve to call himself a Spur ever again. :)

tp2021
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
So AJ can get all $12 mil, then be Pop's assistant for a season before Pop retires after Tim's contract runs out. Then Avery takes over. Conceivable scenario?

What about Mike Bud?

koriwhat
10-06-2008, 05:03 PM

A higher bullshit meter result than your claiming not to be a gigantic fat ass anymore.

I think those two examples take the cake for bullshit. Penn and Teller would have to do a one hour show on it.

hahaha.

nkdlunch
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM
:lol looks like Avery likes the big boned one

I saw Avery... in a window.

http://i21.tinypic.com/123ljmf.jpg

exstatic
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
So AJ can get all $12 mil, then be Pop's assistant for a season before Pop retires after Tim's contract runs out. Then Avery takes over. Conceivable scenario?

What about Mike Bud?
Possible, but I think he gets another NBA HC job before then. NBA coaches that have taken a team to the Finals are a pretty small group. I'm thinking he'll do the analyst bit for maybe two years, and then a team on the upswing will hire him for the final push, or the Finals push. :lol Why would he want to coach the post-Tim Spurs? That's a train wreck he probably wants no part of.

DPG21920
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Possible, but I think he gets another NBA HC job before then. NBA coaches that have taken a team to the Finals are a pretty small group. I'm thinking he'll do the analyst bit for maybe two years, and then a team on the upswing will hire him for the final push, or the Finals push. :lol Why would he want to coach the post-Tim Spurs? That's a train wreck he probably wants no part of.

Because when Tim's contract comes off the books, we can finally get Scola.

exstatic
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Because when Tim's contract comes off the books, we can finally get Scola.

That won't even buy you a playoff spot in the WC.

The Truth #6
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
It isn't inconceivable that he takes Cuban's money and then considers coaching the Spurs after Pop retires. I would imagine he likes Texas and doesn't want to move his family around. I've heard he still has ties with an east side church here. However, this could take awhile to play out. I don't see how we get any resolution anytime soon, unless Holt pays Avery under the table.

exstatic
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
It isn't inconceivable that he takes Cuban's money and then considers coaching the Spurs after Pop retires. I would imagine he likes Texas and doesn't want to move his family around. I've heard he still has ties with an east side church here. However, this could take awhile to play out. I don't see how we get any resolution anytime soon, unless Holt pays Avery under the table.

Holt doesn't even like paying people over the table. Next!

DPG21920
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
That won't even buy you a playoff spot in the WC.

That was a joke. I wonder who is going to be around though when Tim's 21 million comes off the books?

The Truth #6
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Holt doesn't even like paying people over the table. Next!

Well played.

SequSpur
10-07-2008, 12:14 AM
avery isn't coaching the spurs... wtf already....