PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the MSM care about plagiarism?

DarrinS
10-05-2008, 09:46 AM
If you think Obama's speeches sound familiar, it's probably because you've heard them before.

The most obvious similarities come a little after 3:00 into this video.

YuB_W8o_UsU

Joe Biden got in trouble for this back in 1987. Dukakis ran it in attacks ads and won.

0Rkoqglq9dU

Biden also plagiarized in law school and got into a lot of trouble, but that was 100 years ago.

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2008, 10:09 AM
define the mainstream media.

Anti.Hero
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I say I say I've been Bambooozled.

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
If you think Obama's speeches sound familiar, it's probably because you've heard them before.

The most obvious similarities come a little after 3:00 into this video.

YuB_W8o_UsU

Joe Biden got in trouble for this back in 1987. Dukakis ran it in attacks ads and won.

0Rkoqglq9dU

Biden also plagiarized in law school and got into a lot of trouble, but that was 100 years ago.

xrayzebra
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Because they consider it good journalism? And you have to work to dig it up and
they had rather just use Obama's press releases and head to the bar.

Anti.Hero
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM

Ignore the topic.

I say I say you've been Bamboooozled.

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Ignore the topic.

I say I say you've been Bamboooozled.

the premise states the MSM doesn't care about plagerism. Is it to much to ask to define 'who' is ignoring plagerism?

Since you are going to play stupid I'll simplify it for you. If you were to replace MSM with a person and asked, why does this peson not care about plagerism? The next logical question would be, who is this person? How could you answer the question about motives of a person when you don't know the person?

Anti.Hero
10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Axlerod is a great puppeteer.

Findog
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Voters care more about the state of the economy. This trashing character garbage isn't going to work.

TomBrady
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
It's unlikely we will hear anything about the economy from the Republican party from here on out. They know they can't win on issues, it's going to be gutter politics for the next 30 days. It's not going to work either, but they can certainly try.

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Holy crap. Now this shit is some real grasping at straws.

Using common phrases (bamboozled) or something that anyone could come up with on a night's thinking ("Yes we can" or "We are the ones we've been waiting for") without prior knowledge of use before.

Guess what DarrinS and Anti-Hero, bamboozled and hoodwinked were used before Spike Lee wrote them into his scripted and they've been used since he did.

Anti.Hero
10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
lXVGbFSP4Ps

DarrinS
10-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Holy crap. Now this shit is some real grasping at straws.

Using common phrases (bamboozled) or something that anyone could come up with on a night's thinking ("Yes we can" or "We are the ones we've been waiting for") without prior knowledge of use before.

Guess what DarrinS and Anti-Hero, bamboozled and hoodwinked were used before Spike Lee wrote them into his scripted and they've been used since he did.

That's why I said to go 3 minutes into the video.

DarrinS
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
It's unlikely we will hear anything about the economy from the Republican party from here on out. They know they can't win on issues, it's going to be gutter politics for the next 30 days. It's not going to work either, but they can certainly try.

It's strange that Democrats seem to come out of this mess with no dirt on their hands and Republicans get all the blame.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2008, 02:37 PM
"There you go again...."

Lt.Col. J. Hawthorne
10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I say I say I've been Bambooozled.

Tally ho mate I could not agree more!

TomBrady
10-05-2008, 04:49 PM
It's strange that Democrats seem to come out of this mess with no dirt on their hands and Republicans get all the blame.

You can't honestly believe that. This isn't some double standard that the media refuses to cover.

When Barack Obama or Joe Biden start running around telling people that McCain associates with terrorists I'll pay attention to what you say. Don't take my word though, go watch the campaign speeches and listen to the gameplans of the campaign managers for both candidates. Obama and co. are focused on the economy, healthcare, and the issues that should matter. McCain and co. released a press statement saying they are going to focus on attacking Obama with character assasinations for the next 30 days.