PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio made basketball history

Darthkiller
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
San Antonio Silver Star first team in WNBA history to be swept in the final.

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
And the Phoenix Suns were the first team in NBA history to have a "We came in second place" parade.

5vGzth8cCag

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Also, I don't follow the WNBA as much as you obviously do, but were the Phoenix Mercury the first WNBA team to win a title and then not make the playoffs the following season?

Darthkiller
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont live in phoenix , i only like the suns for nash. I live in michigan.

Buddy Holly
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM
So why spam the board?

There's a WNBA thread that you could have posted that in. Is that really worthy of its own individual thread?

ehz33satx
10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I dont live in phoenix , i only like the suns for nash. I live in michigan.

So you like flash with no substance.

anakha
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
So you come in here, try some city sports smack, and expose yourself as not even being a real fan of the team you have in your profile.

Smart. Real smart.

baseline bum
10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
And the Phoenix Suns were the first team in NBA history to have a "We came in second place" parade.

5vGzth8cCag

OMFG that is pathetic.

Harry Callahan
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Last time I checked, aside from the WNBA title, it sucks living in Michigan. Wouldn't want to live there.

spursfan09
10-05-2008, 09:25 PM
:lol all the loser hater fans of other teams trying to make themselves feel better becasue of the stars losing. hey guys just remember it was tim duncan and co kicking your ass in the playoffs not becky hammon.

as for the stars it was a great season, and they made the wnba exciting for an SA fan to see, so heres to next year.

tp2021
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I liked when the interviewer said to Charles
"And you didn't win anything!"

Sean Cagney
10-05-2008, 11:21 PM
And we still beat your Suns azz again, they almost got swept!!!! How do you feel now Suns fan? You take light in this, but your team stays losing, no titles or appearance yet sides against MJ, other than that?

mikeanthony21
10-05-2008, 11:29 PM

I saw all three games and all I can say is the Stars ran into a buzzsaw of a team in the Detroit Shock that plays hard-nosed defense, rebounds with authority and has one helluva shooter in Katie Smith. She just could not be stopped. That and their defense bottled-up Becky Hammon into total frustration. The Stars will be back next season with revenge on their minds. They just need to dump Erin Buscher who wasn't even looking for her shot and get a rebounder and another shooter.

Spork KIller
10-06-2008, 12:58 AM

They were lucky to make the Finals.

Well, time to put these ass-clowns were they belong....

Spork KIller
10-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Hey at least trhe Mercury won the title. in the NBA it took a crooked ref to defeat the Suns

wisnub
10-06-2008, 01:49 AM
There is no basketball team in michigan..is there? Came in to the forum, bash another city and didnt have any team to support. THATS GAY... Phoenix is a fag team,they claim that they're good blablabla got no championship to prove it, at least western conference one....they might have to dig up in stone age history...

Buddy Holly
10-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Hey at least trhe Mercury won the title. in the NBA it took a crooked ref to defeat the Suns

Three different years?

O3... Spurs run through PHX. Win title.

O5... Spurs run through PHX. Win title.

O7... Spurs run through PHX. Win title.

Damn... aside from McCain owning McCain, that's some serious got damn pwnage!

T Park
10-06-2008, 02:20 AM

Or the Suns own players

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2008, 03:17 AM
There is no basketball team in michigan..is there? Came in to the forum, bash another city and didnt have any team to support. THATS GAY... Phoenix is a fag team,they claim that they're good blablabla got no championship to prove it, at least western conference one....they might have to dig up in stone age history...

If there's no basketball team in Michigan, then who did the Silver Stars lose to?

For that matter, who are those guys in red, white, and blue unis with "Pistons" all over their gear?

I'm cornfused...or maybe I just need another beer.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-06-2008, 03:19 AM

I used to feel sorry for sad little pathetic people like you. Not anymore. People are where they're at because of decisions they made earlier in life. All that hate and your glaring inadequacies just eating you up inside. Now you have to live vicariously through other peoples failures and you're resorting to bashing a WNBA team. Wow, that screams I need help and I hate my life.

Helpful Household Hints From Heloise:

1) Get a life, accomplish something, what we do in life echos throughout eternity. What will your legacy be little man? You told off ST about those sorry Silver Stars? That about sum it up? Don't forget to save this story about your epic stance for the ole grandkids.
2) Move out of your mom's basement and get out on your own -or-
3) If your further along in age, and had to move back in with one of your kids for support since you were such a failure in life and have no portfolio to speak of , it's never too late. Well maybe for you it is, but generally speaking "where we're at today is not where we'll be forever." Though you're destined for failure give it the old college try, that why when you do fail you can at least say you tried.
4) Pick up a new hobby, you suck at this computer thing.
5) Most importantly, I'm glad I'm not you. That would really suck. In any event fuck you and suck on fish heads and rice.
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2008, 03:54 AM
5) Most importantly, I'm glad I'm not you. That would really suck. In any event fuck you and suck on fish heads and rice.

The REAL Demo Dick would have said "fuck you VERY MUCH and suck on fish heads and rice."

:lol

Texas_Ranger
10-06-2008, 06:55 AM

5vGzth8cCag

:lolX100
:lmaoX500

spursfan09
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM

actually it was your own players who didn't know the rules of the game.

FromWayDowntown
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm becoming convinced that steakhouses in Phoenix must make a killing by serving really hot plates that sizzle, but don't have any steak -- anyone can get steak, but the thrill of good sizzle is obviously far more important in Phoenix.

rascal
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Last time I checked, aside from the WNBA title, it sucks living in Michigan. Wouldn't want to live there.

You ever live there?

Slomo
10-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm becoming convinced that steakhouses in Phoenix must make a killing by serving really hot plates that sizzle, but don't have any steak -- anyone can get steak, but the thrill of good sizzle is obviously far more important in Phoenix.

:lol:tu

mrspurs
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Its just girls basketball so its not like real basketball. Why men argue over girls basketball is just plain unreal. hahahahahaha. WNBA is not far from 7th grade girls basketball.

Spurs Brazil
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM

5vGzth8cCag

:lol:rollin:lmao

I thought it'd be a joke but's true

:lmao:lmao:lmao