PDA

View Full Version : Treasury and Fed pledge rapid response to crisis

ElNono
10-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Treasury and Fed pledge rapid response to crisis

This is an AP story, please follow the link: LINK (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bailout7-2008oct07,0,35588.story)

boutons_
10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Paulsen is a miracle worker!

http://markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=$DJI&duration=1&chartstyle=Home&w=337&h=255&display=lineclip&topLabel=Dow%20Industrials

under 10,000, asia and europe are also way down

investors don't believe in miracles

smeagol
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
How do you solve this crisis, boutons?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM

http://markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=$DJI&duration=1&chartstyle=Home&w=337&h=255&display=lineclip&topLabel=Dow%20Industrials

Investors know the DOW really should be at about 8000 or so, regardless of what bailouts were passed last week.

I'm sure comrade Obama will be along shortly to call for another 'stimulus' check to all Americans. Just have the treasury borrow another couple billion to buy some more votes...

ducks
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM

did any one say it would work overnight

boutons_
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Paulsen said give me $700B in 7 days with no strings attached, or my finance accomplices will destroy USA.

The stock markets can respond in seconds, up or down.

you're doing a heckuva job, Paulie

ducks
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Paulsen said give me $700B in 7 days with no strings attached, or my finance accomplices will destroy USA.

The stock markets can respond in seconds, up or down.

you're doing a heckuva job, Paulie
they added more things to bill plus it did not pass the first time thur
you can not blame this all on paulie

boutons_
10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
"you can not blame this all on paulie"

sure I can. 400-page version is essentially the same as Paulie's 3-pager. He gets the money, he HAS the money, but due to his total misreading, approach WMD intel, neither the finance people nor investors are buying it.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Investors know the DOW really should be at about 8000 or so, regardless of what bailouts were passed last week.:tu

I'm sure comrade Obama will be along shortly to call for another 'stimulus' check to all Americans. Just have the treasury borrow another couple billion to buy some more votes...Consumers might actually have a little relief out of all this. Even with all the cash the fed pumped into the economy, world demand for obligations in dollars is up, and oil is still dropping. I saw a gas price war in south Austin last night: $2.99 vs. $2.97.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2008, 06:13 PM
:tu

Glad to see someone actually grasps what's really going on in the market. I just hope the Feds and Congress don't fuck it up by trying to print more money to cover a correction in the markets.

Consumers might actually have a little relief out of all this. Even with all the cash the fed pumped into the economy, world demand for obligations in dollars is up, and oil is still dropping. I saw a gas price war in south Austin last night: $2.99 vs. $2.97.

Yeah, gas prices are going down here in Dallas as well due to... supply and demand. It's shocking that such fundamental principles of economics would be at play, the left thinks we need to legislate it all, tax the oil companies, etc. The free markets can work if people would just give them a chance.

boutons_
10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
"The free markets can work if people would just give them a chance."

:lol

you still believe that shit?

After the "free market" in financial sector gave us this crisis?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
If this bailout succeeds in loosening up the credit market a bit, I'm not really for much more federal intervention. Hopefully enough lenders will renegotiate mortgages out of their own self-interest to prevent its being forced on them.