PDA

View Full Version : Who agrees with Palin......

clambake
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
....that jesus christ will return during her lifetime? :bang

baseline bum
10-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Huh? Link?

AZLouis
10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
He's working at a record shop in Quahog.

clambake
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
i yelled out that question in carson as she was leaving. she said "yes" and the few remaining people cheered.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Huh? Link?

Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. “She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board,” said Munger, a music composer and teacher. “I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, ‘Sarah, how can you believe in creationism — your father’s a science teacher.’ And she said, ‘We don’t have to agree on everything.‘

“I pushed her on the earth’s creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she’d seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them.”

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. “She looked in my eyes and said, ‘Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.‘”

baseline bum
10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
i yelled out that question in carson as she was leaving. she said "yes" and the few remaining people cheered.

Well, He was on Family Guy last night.

I Love Me Some Me
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Not an unusual belief amongst most Christian denominations.

ploto
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Not an unusual belief amongst most Christian denominations.

Not true.

I Love Me Some Me
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Not true.

Which ones don't believe Jesus is returning?

ploto
10-06-2008, 01:02 PM

She believes that He is returning in her lifetime- that she knows that we are in the End of Times. That is not being taught by most Christian churches.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 01:02 PM

In their lifetime? Probably a lot.

hater
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I beleive she might be right. But the first ppl Jesus will send straight to hell is Bush and all the ones involved with him including Palin

I Love Me Some Me
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
She believes that He is returning in her lifetime- that she knows that we are in the End of Times. That is not being taught by most Christian churches.

In their lifetime? Probably a lot.

True...true.

But it's possible!!!!

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:15 PM
....that jesus christ will return during her lifetime? :bang

Well I, for one, believe Jesus will return.
Whether it's in my lifetime, I don't know.

From what I learned growing up, all the things happening in the world now is leaning that way.

I know most people on here don't believe it, and that's their business....just like believing it is her business.

I was raised Baptist. I'm not a Bible-thumping, everyone-must-believe-what-I-believe Baptist...and I'm not going to sit here and belittle you because we believe differently.

But I don't think you should attack people based on their beliefs - and that includes Palin.

Trainwreck2100
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
freakin Hagee is trying to force the issue, and get Jesus to come here.

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
is this your answer?

From what I learned growing up, all the things happening in the world now is leaning that way.
how'd we get here?

I know most people on here don't believe it, and that's their business....just like believing it is her business.
the problem with this is she wants to make it our business.

I was raised Baptist. I'm not a Bible-thumping, everyone-must-believe-what-I-believe Baptist...and I'm not going to sit here and belittle you because we believe differently.
i think baylor is baptist.

But I don't think you should attack people based on their beliefs - and that includes Palin.
the problem is she wants to make it our business.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Sorry but I don't exactly feel safe knowing a person who thinks the end times are approaching has the codes to our nuclear weapons (should she become president or if the president is incapacitated). Look up Self-fulfilling Prophecy.

Bartleby
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
freakin Hagee is trying to force the issue, and get Jesus to come here.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
is this your answer?

Since your following comments are a bit on the condescending side...my answer is...What do you think?

the problem with this is she wants to make it our business.

I don't think that's true. I think she's coming out and saying what she believes. I don't think she's saying YOU have to believe right along with her.

But that's not the point of this thread, is it?
You asked if WE agreed with her.

i think baylor is baptist.

:huh What's your point?

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry but I don't exactly feel safe knowing a person who thinks the end times are approaching has the codes to our nuclear weapons (should she become president or if the president is incapacitated). Look up Self-fulfilling Prophecy.

I'm not trying to be rude here...but what does that have to do with this thread?

Clambake asked if anyone on here agreed with her POV...not whether or not she should know security codes and whatnot.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm not trying to be rude here...but what does that have to do with this thread?

Clambake asked if anyone on here agreed with her POV...not whether or not she should know security codes and whatnot.

You said people shouldn't attack her for her beliefs. When one of those beliefs is that the world will end in her lifetime and she might HAPPEN to have codes to nuclear weapons, I think it's relevant.

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Since your following comments are a bit on the condescending side...my answer is...What do you think?
i think she's using it as a tool to reel in all the suckers. what do you think?

I don't think that's true. I think she's coming out and saying what she believes. I don't think she's saying YOU have to believe right along with her.
by saying it, out loud, during her campaign, means she expects me to go along. it has direct effect on her decisons.

But that's not the point of this thread, is it?
You asked if WE agreed with her.
is that yes or no?

:huh What's your point?
the preaching from the university where morals died.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
well, Clambake, you and I will just have to disagree on this. I have a feeling we probably disagree on a lot of things.

You asked a question.
I answered it.

End of story.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
oh...and your comment about Baylor -

I know nothing about that University, so I don't know what you're referring to.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
well, Clambake, you and I will just have to disagree on this. I have a feeling we probably disagree on a lot of things.

You asked a question.
I answered it.

End of story.

How about your thoughts on someone who thinks the end times are near having nuclear launch codes?

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
so your answer is you don't know if jc will return in her lifetime?

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
How about your thoughts on someone who thinks the end times are near having nuclear launch codes?

:lol Honestly, that thought never crossed my mind before you mentioned it, so I guess it doesn't bother me...
even now, it doesn't bother me.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
:lol Honestly, that thought never crossed my mind before you mentioned it, so I guess it doesn't bother me...

So you think she would hesitate when faced with a crisis (let's say like the Cuban Missile Crisis) to launch?

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM

it should, but it doesn't. thats why it's "leaning that way" (your quote)

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
so your answer is you don't know if jc will return in her lifetime?

The answer is, for those of us who believe He will return -

The Bible says that we won't know the time or day.

I don't know WHEN Christ will return.

Maybe it will be in her lifetime, and maybe it won't.

Maybe she's seconds away from being in a tragic accident....don't get too excited now...this was just a hypothetical.
If that's the case, then the answer is probably no.

If she lives another 50 years, the answer might be right.

All of this to say what I said to begin with.
I believe Christ will come again, but I don't know when.
It's not for me or you to know.

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
she claims to know.

and mccain is maybe one good roll in the hay from her becoming president.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
So you think she would hesitate when faced with a crisis (let's say like the Cuban Missile Crisis) to launch?

I have no idea what she'd do in that situation...but the truth of the matter is, you don't either.

You're speculating on her moves based on her believe Christ will return.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
it should, but it doesn't. thats why it's "leaning that way" (your quote)

So, you think that I believe Christ will return because Palin might launch a missile? :lol Funny.

Seriously though, I have to get to work.

This has been "fun" though.

clambake
10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
So, you think that I believe Christ will return because Palin might launch a missile? :lol Funny.
looks like you already forgot the context of your quote.

Seriously though, I have to get to work.
i hope your job doesn't require short term memory

Crookshanks
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Clambake - your question shows your ignorance about end times prophecy and what many evangelical christians believe.

There are many, many people, myself included, who believe the rapture will occur in our lifetime. The bible is very clear about what events must take place before that will happen, and we're pretty much at the point.

As to your worries about her having nuclear codes - you needn't bother your little mind about that. We christians don't believe there's anything we can do to hasten Jesus return. The time is known only to God and everything happens according to his timetable. Also, those of us who believe in the rapture know it just means that the born-again christians will be removed from the world - but the world WILL go on. A nuclear holocaust has NO part in end times prophecy.

Now - I'm well aware that this post will elicit all sorts of mean responses. However, you asked who agreed with Palin and my answer is yes. I already know what many of you here believe and I know you will mock and belittle my beliefs. I never said you had to believe them and neither has Sarah Palin.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Clambake - your question shows your ignorance about end times prophecy and what many evangelical christians believe.

There are many, many people, myself included, who believe the rapture will occur in our lifetime. The bible is very clear about what events must take place before that will happen, and we're pretty much at the point.

As to your worries about her having nuclear codes - you needn't bother your little mind about that. We christians don't believe there's anything we can do to hasten Jesus return. The time is known only to God and everything happens according to his timetable. Also, those of us who believe in the rapture know it just means that the born-again christians will be removed from the world - but the world WILL go on. A nuclear holocaust has NO part in end times prophecy.

Now - I'm well aware that this post will elicit all sorts of mean responses. However, you asked who agreed with Palin and my answer is yes. I already know what many of you here believe and I know you will mock and belittle my beliefs. I never said you had to believe them and neither has Sarah Palin.

So no one believes a war must be started in the Middle East (Israel needs to be attacked) to bring about the end times?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
A large part of every generation thinks they are living in the end times. I think it's a mixture of hubris and trying to make sense out of life.

It's only a problem when some bitch like Hagee thinks he can and wants to help bring about the end times by fucking with other people.

clambake
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
hey crook. "little minds" try to cram fairytales down other peoples throats, so you "needn't mind" worrying about me falling for it.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
looks like you already forgot the context of your quote.

I believe that things happening in the world today go along with what I learned as a child will happen in end times.
This has nothing to do with Palin.

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe that things happening in the world today go along with what I learned as a child will happen in end times.

What specifically?

xrayzebra
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey Clam, you know you want her. You cant have her. And you cant support her.

Eat your heart out, sucker......that's life.

Go Sarah. You rock!

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM
That was the weakest whip reversal attempt I have ever seen.

Nice projection though.

Anti.Hero
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Who needs Jesus when you have Obama?

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
What specifically?

Keep in mind this was many years ago...and I'll leave it at that for my age...

*But back then, credit cards weren't in use as much as they are today...and there weren't debit cards.
I was told from a very early age that someday credit cards would turn to debit cards to make it easier...that would eventually turn to chips in our hands to make it even easier to buy.

*The value of the American dollar would drop, and at some point, the world would use a one-world money.

*The US would no longer be the super power in the world, and at some point, we'll move to a one-world government

*Increase in natural disasters, wars, famine, etc.

There are plenty other examples, but I am at work.

The thing is, even if I could put out the best proof ever, if people choose not to believe, there's nothing I can say that will change their minds.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Who needs Jesus when you have Obama?

:lol

Shastafarian
10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm curious what the United States has to do with prophecies in the Bible.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm curious what the United States has to do with prophecies in the Bible.And subcutaneous credit chips.

TomBrady
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
The Bible is a bunch of fairytales. There is nothing really factual about any of the prophecies in there. They were written thousands of years ago by people who thought the world was flat and that the Earth was the center of the universe. What exists in the Bible today was decided by a man-made council, not by God. Lord knows what dissenting texts they threw away in the process. Anyone who chooses to believe in said prophecies is a fool, seriously if you believe the end of times is near and that Jesus Christ is going to come down again to Earth you are a fool.

There are good ideas and moral principles in the Bible. I applaud anyone who decides to live their life by the teachings of the Bible. But anyone who for one second believes it to be 100% factual in any way is a moron.

Fairy tales.

SpursFanFirst
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm curious what the United States has to do with prophecies in the Bible.

I'm not well-versed in Bible prophecy. I certainly wish I understood it better.

I'm least familiar with world events in end times...but from what I understand, the focus will be put on the Middle East, and the power will shift to countries such as China and Russia, I believe it is.

As far as the implanted chips go, in the end times, chips will be a mark of the beast and will be used to buy and sell goods.

The thing is, these ideas are brought about slowly to condition us to believe they're a good idea.

Perhaps there is someone else from this site that knows and understand this better than I.

My thought, though, is that that if there is someone, they won't speak up because of comments made by some people.

xrayzebra
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
The Bible is a bunch of fairytales. There is nothing really factual about any of the prophecies in there. They were written thousands of years ago by people who thought the world was flat and that the Earth was the center of the universe. What exists in the Bible today was decided by a man-made council, not by God. Lord knows what dissenting texts they threw away in the process. Anyone who chooses to believe in said prophecies is a fool, seriously if you believe the end of times is near and that Jesus Christ is going to come down again to Earth you are a fool.

There are good ideas and moral principles in the Bible. I applaud anyone who decides to live their life by the teachings of the Bible. But anyone who for one second believes it to be 100% factual in any way is a moron.

Fairy tales.

Gee thank you for setting us straight. Have you thought about
putting this in a book. Like you really have something original to say.

Just one little thing. What if you are wrong on judgement day? If I
am I have nothing to worry about. But you on the other hand.......

ChumpDumper
10-06-2008, 03:48 PM
In that case, we'll repent. If God wants to be a jerk about it then, that's his loss.

xrayzebra
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
In that case, we'll repent. If God wants to be a jerk about it then, that's his loss.

It's your call. Not mine.:depressed

I Love Me Some Me
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not well-versed in Bible prophecy. I certainly wish I understood it better.

I'm least familiar with world events in end times...but from what I understand, the focus will be put on the Middle East, and the power will shift to countries such as China and Russia, I believe it is.

As far as the implanted chips go, in the end times, chips will be a mark of the beast and will be used to buy and sell goods.

The thing is, these ideas are brought about slowly to condition us to believe they're a good idea.

Perhaps there is someone else from this site that knows and understand this better than I.

My thought, though, is that that if there is someone, they won't speak up because of comments made by some people.

I am, but I have neither the time, nor the inclination.

The thing to remember is, that Sarah Palin (and anyone who adheres to a Jesus-is-coming belief) must be intellectually informed about what Revelations says and means about it's prophecies. Too often the church ignores the bland truth in favor of the dramatic COME-TO-JESUS message. End-time theories end up sounding like conspiracy theories from some sort of Christian tabloid.

One position that holds a lot of valid arguments, states that most of the prophecies in Revelation came true in the first century.

I guess what I'm saying, is there is a LOT of stuff out there on this. If you want to make the case for this, do your homework, or you'll come out sounding like a kook.

TomBrady
10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to pretend to believe in the Bible just to cover my ass in case it's real. That's horrible reasoning.

clambake
10-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm not going to pretend to believe in the Bible just to cover my ass in case it's real. That's horrible reasoning.

don't worry. god knows who's pretending just to cover their ass. he also created us knowing we would demand proof.

baseline bum
10-06-2008, 04:58 PM

The Bible is also clear that you should stone disobedient children to death, that it's ok to sell your daughter into slavery, and that some dude took millions of animals on his ship to ride out a flood. The protagonist of the Bible (Yahweh) has gotta be the most hateful, jealous, and angry asshole in the history of fictional literature.

ploto
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Everything that people point to is simply their interpretation . People used to claim it was Social Security Numbers and now it is credit/debit cards. My personal favorite is the interpretation that 1 Timothy 4 refers to an increase in the number of vegetarians as a sign.

But the simple truth is-- NO HUMAN BEING KNOWS. Where it does impact political processes is for those who use their belief in End Times to influence foreign policy and that is relevant to the discussion of her beliefs.