PDA

View Full Version : Slomo has landed in San Antonio

Kori Ellis
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Slomo arrived and is on his way from the airport to our house!

Slovenian in the house! (almost) :fro

whottt
02-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Be sure to put some snow out on the front lawn so he'll feel at home :)

johnny00
02-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the River City Slomo!!!!! What are your plans? and how long will you be in our fair city?

Kori Ellis
02-12-2005, 07:34 PM
He's here at the house now!

I'm sure he'll be posting shortly. (He'll be here til Tuesday morning!)

blackbucket
02-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Welcome! Sorry about the rain and clouds. At least it isn't cold!

Here's to knockin' a few back with you and the other peeps at the GTG manana :drunk

T Park
02-12-2005, 08:15 PM
He'll be here til Tuesday morning

Too bad he couldn't be in town to see Rasho, and Beno in person at the beautifull SBC Center.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Are you coming tomorrow Tpark?

T Park
02-12-2005, 08:23 PM
No, I have to work. Last year on the same middle sunday of the rodeo was one of my bigger days.

I would love to be there, cause I KNOW Kori is cookin, and damn, those enchiladas the last time I was there were absolutely fantastic.

As were the buffalo wings.

Id love to meet slomo, get an idea from some early day play of Rasho, or Beno, and just an overall view of Slovenia.

Id honestly never paid that much attention to it until Nesterovic came.

Slomo
02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Welcome! Sorry about the rain and clouds. At least it isn't cold!

Here's to knockin' a few back with you and the other peeps at the GTG manana :drunk
Actually, I should apologize for bringing the rain with me from Las Vegas!

Slomo
02-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Too bad he couldn't be in town to see Rasho, and Beno in person at the beautifull SBC Center.
or at least catch a game live!

I guess it'll give me an excuse to come back :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Welcome to SA, Slomo!

See ya tomorrow!

Slomo
02-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Welcome to SA, Slomo!

See ya tomorrow!
Thanks!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you! :)

T Park
02-12-2005, 10:19 PM
SLOMO

Youll catch a game live.

Tommarow SPurs V Miami.

Im gonna have to live with Radio.

Lucky you!! :(

Shelly
02-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey, Slomo!

Did you bring me some Slovenian music? :lol

Slomo
02-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey, Slomo!

Did you bring me some Slovenian music? :lol
You asked for it, didn't you? :)

Slomo
02-13-2005, 02:11 AM
SLOMO

Youll catch a game live.

Tommarow SPurs V Miami.

Im gonna have to live with Radio.

Lucky you!! :( Don't thin k for a moment that I don't know how lucky I am! But don't worry, the next game I'll be listening on the internet at 3:00 am so you'll get your revenge :)

mattyc
02-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Lucky guy, Slomo! Enjoy ya time in SA.

Rummpd
02-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Slomo:

I was blessed to have been to Ljubljana (hope I remember the spelling) and your very wonderful country for 3 days during some public health work with your government. I remember staying in a hotel that had about 40 rooms near the river that was considered historic but wish I could remember the name it has been a long time.

Among the nicest people in all of Eastern Europe (along with the Lithuanians whom I spent 3 months living with in Vilnius); and the walk along your River, your country's food, beer etc. GO enjoy the Riverwalk, somewhat similar in the historic part!

Envy you being in SA today! Have a Shiner Bock will remind you of some of the beers around your region!!!!

Rasho Rules, MadDoc - if you are ever in the East Coast send me a message, know some people from your country here.

HIP HOOPERS
02-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Slomo:

I was blessed to have been to Ljubljana (hope I remember the spelling) and your very wonderful country for 3 days during some public health work with your government. I remember staying in a hotel that had about 40 rooms near the river that was considered historic but wish I could remember the name it has been a long time.

Among the nicest people in all of Eastern Europe (along with the Lithuanians whom I spent 3 months living with in Vilnius); and the walk along your River, your country's food, beer etc. GO enjoy the Riverwalk, somewhat similar in the historic part!

Envy you being in SA today! Have a Shiner Bock will remind you of some of the beers around your region!!!!

Rasho Rules, MadDoc - if you are ever in the East Coast send me a message, know some people from your country here.

You spelled it correctly (Ljubljana)! :) And that "historic" river has quite a simple name, it's Ljubljanica!
Hey Slomo, one question-what are the temperatures there (not in fahrenheit please...)

ata
02-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey Slomo, one question-what are the temperatures there (not in fahrenheit please...)

Try here: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USTX1200_c.html?force_units=1

HIP HOOPERS
02-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Try here: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USTX1200_c.html?force_units=1

Thanks! What would we do without the internet...?!?

JoeChalupa
02-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Welcome! See you at the GTG.

Slomo
02-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Slomo:

I hope I'll do the tourist thing tomorrow (River walk, Alamo....). I know I'll try the beer today! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

And if you're ever back in our parts of the world you better let me know!

T Park
02-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Slomo, once again welcome to SA, hope your having a great time, I know Kori and LJ are gonna give you a great time, cause they are awesome peeps.

BTW, enjoy the unseasonably warm weather, Spring has sprung a few weeks early it looks like.

hope you have a wonderfull time tommarow touring the city, it should be slow enough to where you can get around easilly.

BTW, sample the mexican food on the riverwalk, youll LOVE IT.

GO RASHO AND BENO!!! :)

RobinsontoDuncan
02-13-2005, 11:26 AM
and if you sample the food.....don't forget to tip.

SequSpur
02-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Tpark can hook you up with tickets to the Ferris Wheel at the Rodeo.

T Park
02-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Sequ can hook u up with 2 for 1 at the small and smaller store too.

Slomo
02-13-2005, 11:30 AM
BTW, sample the mexican food on the riverwalk, youll LOVE IT.

GO RASHO AND BENO!!! :)
That's one advice I'll be happy to follow :)

SLOVENIAN 8
02-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Slomo is game at 8pm here in SLO???

Slo spurs fan
02-13-2005, 12:27 PM
No it's at 7 pm.

HIP HOOPERS
02-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Slovenian8 is the game on being broadcasted on the asian ESPN? can't seem to find the link to the program...

SLOVENIAN 8
02-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Slovenian8 is the game on being broadcasted on the asian ESPN? can't seem to find the link to the program...

Link dont work anymore :depressed
they broadcasting priemer ship

GrandeDavid
02-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Slomo, too bad you can't head down to tropical Brazil after San Antonio! Too bad I won't have the chance to meet you as I won't be home in San Antonio until March. Damn, but have a blast!