PDA

View Full Version : American Author of Anti-Obama Book Detained in Kenya

George Gervin's Afro
10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
:rollin
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433701,00.html

American Author of Anti-Obama Book Detained in Kenya

An American author who penned an anti-Barack Obama book has been detained by immigration authorities in Kenya after plans to launch the book there, the Times of London reported.

Jerome Corsi, of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth fame, was being held Tuesday morning while his immigration status is checked in a nation where Obama is widely popular.

He had been planning to launch his book, entitled "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality," before traveling to one of Nairobi’s slums to donate money to the Senator’s half-brother George, who was found living in squalid conditions two months ago.

But officers swooped hours after Corsi was described as "author of a smear crusade" by local newspapers.

Immigration officials claim he had been detained because he did not have a work permit, however one of Corsi's assistants said he was "just answering some questions.”

"We have been given water and are very comfortable," the assistant said.

Journalists were turned away from the hotel suite where the launch was due to be held. "He shouldn’t have had anything in the paper this morning," said one. "That was his mistake. He should have kept it secret."

Corsi said he had a $1,000 check for George Obama, seen as part of a stunt to suggest that the senator was not taking care of his Kenyan-based relative.

Corsi's book claims the Illinois senator is a dangerous, radical candidate for president and includes innuendoes and false rumors — that he was raised a Muslim, attended a radical, black church and is secretly seething with "black rage."

Obama is a Christian who attended Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, and his campaign picks apart the book's claims on the Obama campaign's rumor-fighting Web site, FightTheSmears.com.
A source at Nyayo House, where Corsi was being held, said the author had been detained for references made to Raila Odinga, the Kenyan prime minister, and allegations that his Muslim supporters had engaged in a wave of violence that rocked the country after December’s disputed elections.

The allegations are not taken seriously in Kenya, were Odinga is widely seen to have been cheated out of a legitimate victory.

Carlos Maluta, a senior immigration official in charge of investigations, said Corsi did not have a work permit. "We still haven’t decided what to do with him," he told The Associated Press.

In the promotional literature for his book, Corsi promised to reveal sinister links between Kenyan politicians and Obama.

"Dr. Corsi will also expose details of deep secret ties between U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and a section of Kenya government leaders, their connection to certain sectoral groups in Kenya and subsequent plot to be executed in Kenya should Senator Obama win the American presidency," it said.

Obama, whose father was a well-known Kenyan economist, is hugely popular across Africa.

In Kenya, his meteoric rise and subsequent fame have won him support across traditional tribal boundaries and left many ordinary people wondering why American right-wingers would wish him ill.

Corsi's chickens have come home to roost! I hope they lock up the cocksucker! karma has a way of finding those who deserve it! It is a great day today...

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
heheehehe some white dude got locked up for writing a book heheheehe how cool is that hehehehe

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
heheehehe some white dude got locked up for writing a book heheheehe how cool is that hehehehe

What does his race have to do with it?

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Feed him to the dogs.

How dare he scribe ill remarks about our Lord Barack Obama.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Feed him to the dogs.

How dare he scribe ill remarks about our Lord Barack Obama.

The Kenyan Government is claiming he didn't have a work visa.

RandomGuy
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM

Corsi's chickens have come home to roost! I hope they lock up the cocksucker! karma has a way of finding those who deserve it! It is a great day today...

He forgot that the First Amendment doesn't work in the rest of the world.

He wanted some Michael-Moore style footage for a stunt and got more than he bargained for. :lol

I feel a bit sorry for him, but still find it a bit amusing. He will be politely detained, and probably told in no uncertain terms that he is not welcome in Kenya.

We bitch about our corrupt politicians, until we go someplace and see what real corruption looks like.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Kenya is pretty awesome. Richard Leakey is a personal hero of mine.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Tear out his eyeballs and feed his fingers to the Lions.

This demon man shall never write again for he has defiled The Great One.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Tear out his eyeballs and feed his fingers to the Lions.

This demon man shall never write again for he has defiled The Great One.

You prove once again you have outstanding takes on these thread topics.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Take this Shastafarian to the King. He has done great justice to our Lord Obama. The Chosen One will be pleased with his offerings.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Take this Shastafarian to the King. He has done great justice to our Lord Obama. The Chosen One will be pleased with his offerings.

Please show me anything in this thread where I say anything about Obama. Please. I implore you.

George Gervin's Afro
10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Please show me anything in this thread where I say anything about Obama. Please. I implore you.

He suffers from Obama derangement syndrome.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
He suffers from Obama derangement syndrome.

He suffers from the maturity level of an infant.

clambake
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
jerome is not very bright.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes young Shastafarian one. You are gaining experience quite fast child. Soon you will be at the right hand of The One. Go yonder and bring justice for our people. The Obamaites.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes young Shastafarian one. You are gaining experience quite fast child. Soon you will be at the right hand of The One. Go yonder and bring justice for our people. The Obamaites.

More wonderful insight into the thread topic. Just keep hittin 'em outta the park there slugger.

Joe Farah was on FauxNews this morning BLASTING their anchor who said things in Corsi's book had been disproven. He claimed Obama was raised as a muslim and that Corsi's book was 100% true. Did I mention Farah runs WorldNetDaily?

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
More wonderful insight into the thread topic. Just keep hittin 'em outta the park there slugger.

Joe Farah was on FauxNews this morning BLASTING their anchor who said things in Corsi's book had been disproven. He claimed Obama was raised as a muslim and that Corsi's book was 100% true. Did I mention Farah runs WorldNetDaily?

HMMMMMMMM! God's gonna get you for that one! You were watching Fox News????:lmao:lmao:lmao

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
HMMMMMMMM! God's gonna get you for that one! You were watching Fox News????:lmao:lmao:lmao

I watch periodically. It's a self realizing exercise. I see how long I can watch without laughing. It usually doesn't take very long for something to come on the screen that makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh dear. Shastafarian what have you done? The One will not be pleased with this newly discovered information.

For the sake of yourself and your fellow citizens of the world...you better pray His Holiness believes it was simply reconnaissance.

And by pray, I mean to the Lord Barock On. He can hear your thoughts child.

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I watch periodically. It's a self realizing exercise. I see how long I can watch without laughing. It usually doesn't take very long for something to come on the screen that makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Kinda like CNN huh?:lmao

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Kinda like CNN huh?:lmao

CNN is the most balanced 24 Hour News Channel. Unfortunately that isn't saying much.

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
CNN is the most balanced 24 Hour News Channel. Unfortunately that isn't saying much.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

What you think FoxNews is "fair and balanced"?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Kenya is pretty awesome. Richard Leaky is a personal hero of mine.
i don't know which one is funnier
Dick Leaky or
Leaky, Dick

and just so your feelings aren't hurt Dick Armey gives me the chuckles as well.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 10:15 AM
i don't know which one is funnier
Dick Leaky or
Leaky, Dick

and just so your feelings aren't hurt Dick Armey gives me the chuckles as well.

Do you know who Richard Leakey is?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
i agree with this. it's definitely not 50 50 but it's as close to balanced as you can as far as american news shows goes. msnbc induces vomit after about 30 minutes of watching, and yes i do watch them to get their view. fox is not balanced at all, but it's definitely not the polar opposite of msnbc. msnbc got 'em beat there. did you see the piece on ayers and obama on anderson cooper last night? :wow i had to hit review and make sure i was watching cnn and not fox. anderson looked confused.

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 10:20 AM
What you think FoxNews is "fair and balanced"?

Did I say that????? Don't judge me by your statement!:lmao

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Did I say that????? Don't judge me by your statement!:lmao

I was trying to guess what the load of :lmao was supposed to mean when I said CNN was the most balanced.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Do you know who Richard Leaky is?i looked him up. i respect his disability or whatever the pc term is these days. i saw he resigned in reaction to an investigation over corruption in the KWS he was running. sounds suspect. that's really all i got

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 10:27 AM
i looked him up. i respect his disability or whatever the pc term is these days. i saw he resigned in reaction to an investigation over corruption in the KWS he was running. sounds suspect. that's really all i got

His politics have rubbed some people the wrong way but what he has accomplished is amazing. And I even spelled his name wrong...I forgot the "e" after the "k" in his last name. Richard Leakey.

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I was trying to guess what the load of :lmao was supposed to mean when I said CNN was the most balanced.

Well, to be honest, I probably would have gotten the same reaction from you if I said Fox was fair and balanced.