PDA

View Full Version : Obama called a 'terrorist'.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Attendee at McCain rally calls Obama a 'terrorist'

(CNN) — Some supporters of the Republican ticket stole a share of the spotlight at Monday campaign rallies with controversial attacks aimed at Barack Obama.

In Albuquerque, New Mexico, John McCain pushed his campaign’s most recent line of attack against Obama: that the Democratic nominee represents a relatively unknown risk. “All people want to know is: What has this man ever actually accomplished in government? What does he plan for America? In short: Who is the real Barack Obama?” Someone in the crowd responded by yelling: “Terrorist!” The crowd roared, and McCain seemed startled, but it is unclear whether he actually heard what the man shouted. He did not respond to the attack.

And before GOP VP nominee Sarah Palin entered a campaign rally in Estero, Florida, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott took aim at “Barack Hussein Obama.”

“On November 4, let’s leave Barack Hussein Obama wondering what happened,” he said. As the crowd cheered, he gave a forceful salute.

The McCain-Palin campaign immediately distanced itself from Scott’s remark. “We do not condone this inappropriate rhetoric, which distracts from the real questions of judgment, character and experience that voters will base their decisions on this November,” said campaign spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt.

In March, McCain rebuked conservative radio talk show host Bill Cunningham for repeatedly referring to the Illinois senator as “Barack Hussein Obama” while warming up the crowd at a campaign event in Cincinnati, before the Arizona senator took the stage.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
lol McCain.

Terrorist...Moose Cunt...all's fair in sheeple and politics.

MannyIsGod
10-07-2008, 10:15 AM
How long before a McCain supporter goes to the Nbomb?

MannyIsGod
10-07-2008, 10:15 AM
At least he didn't call him a terraist.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM

I'm expecting that any moment now.

McCain is getting so desperate, he'd probably look the other way on that one just so he can secure the redneck vote.

He's finished.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Yes because it's not like Hillary Supporters never went there.

O no u didnt.

Obama has communist supporters who he has not denounced or even talked about. That means Obama is a communist? Ron Paul had white supremacists supporters, that means RP is a racist?

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM

It's too easy. Someone thought using Obama's middle name was clever at some point, and nobody bothers to point out to those folks that it isn't.

Shastafarian
What supporters do and what campaigns do shouldn't be lumped into the same mix. There are a lot of crazy Obama supporters out there just as there are a lot of crazy McCain supporters out there.

MannyIsGod

O no u didnt.

LOL I'm sorry did I ever put Hillary supporters on a pedestal?

MannyIsGod
10-07-2008, 10:20 AM

O no u didnt.

Obama has communist supporters who he has not denounced or even talked about. That means Obama is a communist? Ron Paul had white supremacists supporters, that means RP is a racist?

Oh, and since you edited more into this, Did I ever chastise McCain based on his stupid supporters? No. You're so quick to jump at what you expect to see you don't bother to read what I actually put.

I didn't put how long until McCain drops the Nbomb did I?

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/06/mccain-does-nothing-as-cr_n_132366.html

Here's a link to someone shouting out "Kill him!" at a Pallin rally when she tries to paint Obama as a terrorist.

There's also a comment of some guy telling a black sound man, who got in the way of the crowd's vew, "Sit down, boy."

These are the people that McCain and Pallin are depending on.

Perpetuating racial hatred is beneth anyone at this point in history. That McCain and Pallin have not called these people out for that tells you what they're made of.

The rallies their having are more like facist rallies than anything else.

Hook Dem
10-07-2008, 10:27 AM
What supporters do and what campaigns do shouldn't be lumped into the same mix. There are a lot of crazy Obama supporters out there just as there are a lot of crazy McCain supporters out there.

First thing I agree with you on.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/06/mccain-does-nothing-as-cr_n_132366.html

Here's a link to someone shouting out "Kill him!" at a Pallin rally when she tries to paint Obama as a terrorist.

There's also a comment of some guy telling a black sound man, who got in the way of the crowd's vew, "Sit down, boy."

These are the people that McCain and Pallin are depending on.

Perpetuating racial hatred is beneth anyone at this point in history. That McCain and Pallin have not called these people out for that tells you what they're made of.

The rallies their having are more like facist rallies than anything else.

That you would condemn hatred, fascism and race baiting is commendable. That you would do so with a link from the Huffington post is laughable. Surely you didn't have a straight face when you did it.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM

You got that right. Each side acts like it's responding to the other as though it absolves them of taking responsibility for what they put out there.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM

O no u didnt.

Oh, and since you edited more into this, Did I ever chastise McCain based on his stupid supporters? No. You're so quick to jump at what you expect to see you don't bother to read what I actually put.

I didn't put how long until McCain drops the Nbomb did I?

What are you talking about Manny?

My post merely made the point that politicians should not be held accountable for what their dumbfuck supporters scream out.

The last part I edited simply stated that.

Never do I even hit that McCain would drop the NBomb. You state that it wont be long until a McCain supporter drops the NBomb. My point, what would be the big deal? I'm sure Hillary supporters did it. I'm sure Obama supporters have screamed just as bad to McCain/Palin.

TomBrady
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
C'mon campaigns can't be responsible for what their crazy supporters do or say.

Still, there is no denying that racism is the only thing keeping McCain relevant in this race. Without the "bubba" vote he would be toast in all swing states. I know white people who AREN'T racist don't like to talk about this, but it is a definite reality in many parts of this country. We're getting better as a country though, the fact that Obama can win the Presidency is proof of that.

I'm confident he will help lead this nation through it's next major civil rights movement (which includes affording rights to gays/lesbians).

101A
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM

That was Jimmy Carter:

yo09Rx9whWs

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes because Obama will not benefit from an increased "African-American" turnout because he is somewhat "African-American". 95% of "African-Americans" are voting for Obama based on their great understanding of policy/issues and the effect they will have on the country. No racism here.

McCain has the "bubba" vote.

Obama has the "______" vote.

MannyIsGod
10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
What are you talking about Manny?

My post merely made the point that politicians should not be held accountable for what their dumbfuck supporters scream out.

The last part I edited simply stated that.

Never do I even hit that McCain would drop the NBomb. You state that it wont be long until a McCain supporter drops the NBomb. My point, what would be the big deal? I'm sure Hillary supporters did it. I'm sure Obama supporters have screamed just as bad to McCain/Palin.

I never said McCain should be held accountable, did I? That being said, a McCain supporter dropping an Nbomb would be a big deal because McCain is currently running a guilt by association campaign while living in a glass house. Does he really want more rocks laying around?

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Yes because Obama will not benefit from an increased "African-American" turnout because he is somewhat "African-American". No racism here.

If you want to say "######" then go ahead and say it.

Don't be a coward.

You know you're Republican heart is screaming to say "######". Why don't you just purge yourself of it and say it out loud.

It will make you feel better.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I never said McCain should be held accountable, did I? That being said, a McCain supporter dropping an Nbomb would be a big deal because McCain is currently running a guilt by association campaign while living in a glass house. Does he really want more rocks laying around?

Are you seriously trying to stretch that the guilt by association would cover the presidential nominee and some random yahoo from a crowd of thousands?

C'mon Manny.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM

Exactly!!

If they can make a claim that Obama is a "terrorist" because he crossed paths with Ayers back in the day, and (my personal favorite) because he lives within a mile from his house . . . then we can equally make a claim that McCain and Pallin are racist because they were within close proximity of people shouting racially charged statements at their rallies.

What's good for the goose . . .

boutons_
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
I read one analysis where nigga Muslim terrorist HUSSEIN is handipcapped with 6% that refuse under any circumstances ever to vote any candidate because he is black.

Think about that and add those 3-6% when see HUSSEIN still polling many points above McBottomGun. iow, landslide compared to 2000,2004

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
If you want to say "######" then go ahead and say it.

Don't be a coward.

You know you're Republican heart is screaming to say "######". Why don't you just purge yourself of it and say it out loud.

It will make you feel better.

B/c I never use that term. I'm a coward because I don't fit into your little racist republican stereotype?

It's funny how people are quick to call out the stupid hick bubba rednecks but won't then go on to describe the equal vote Obama is getting from _________.

MannyIsGod
So you don't think that would play in the media? Don't confuse with what I believe is the political reality with what I believe. The "kill him" comment is already getting lukewarm play in the media and I have no doubt that this would play a billion times worse for McCain.

Obstructed_View
Still, there is no denying that racism is the only thing keeping McCain relevant in this race.

Actually, racism is the only thing keeping Obama relevant in this race. The accusations of racism on anyone that dares point out substantive disagreements with him are proof of that. There are also a lot of people that want to vote for a black man just so they feel better about themselves, or so they can tell people they did in future political discussions.

Findog
10-07-2008, 10:44 AM

"Sit down, boy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100602935.html

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:45 AM
B/c I never use that term.

It's funny how people are quick to call out the stupid hick bubba rednecks but won't then go on to describe the equal vote Obama is getting from _________.

You know we all see your use of _________ as a euphamism for "######".

You're not fooling anyone.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I read one analysis where nigga Muslim terrorist HUSSEIN is handipcapped with 6% that refuse under any circumstances ever to vote any candidate because he is black.

Think about that and add those 3-6% when see HUSSEIN still polling many points above McBottomGun. iow, landslide compared to 2000,2004

How many black voters will vote for any candidate that is black, regardless of what he believes and so long as he's a democrat? More rhetoric from boutons and the logically bankrupt.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:46 AM
So you don't think that would play in the media? Don't confuse with what I believe is the political reality with what I believe. The "kill him" comment is already getting lukewarm play in the media and I have no doubt that this would play a billion times worse for McCain.

And, I have yet to hear or read anything from his campaign condoning such statements.

He, if not his campaign, should've already put out a statement that such comments are reprehensible. But, he won't do it because he knows it will cost him points if his constituants see him as a "###### lover."

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

You're the one who's saying it. Does it make you feel enlightened? Does it make you feel superior, or do you just think that you can say it because you claim to be "on their side"?

The slums got so much soul.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
And, I have yet to hear or read anything from his campaign condoning such statements.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes because Obama will not benefit from an increased "African-American" turnout because he is somewhat "African-American". 95% of "African-Americans" are voting for Obama based on their great understanding of policy/issues and the effect they will have on the country. No racism here.

No racism where? In the fact that African American voters may be supporting a candidate with whom they identify? Or in your post that suggests African American voters are incapable of understanding political issues?

peewee's lovechild
That you would condemn hatred, fascism and race baiting is commendable. That you would do so with a link from the Huffington post is laughable. Surely you didn't have a straight face when you did it.

"Sit down, boy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100602935.html

Obstructed, it's on the washingtonpost.

Are you happy now?

boutons_
racism is the only thing keeping McBottomGun in the race.

Repug/neo-c*nt/right-wing whiteys voting for McBotomGun and red-neck pitbull bitch only because the are white, macho, and red-neck.

Anti.Hero

I can think of a lot better descriptions for the type I am referring to than that vulgar word you keep using.

You fill in the blank with what you want.

I'm more of a gentleman than my dear friend boutons whom I have graced with my signature space.

Findog
10-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Are you happy now?

The Washington Post is part of the evil liberal media elite. He won't accept it until you can muster up a link from Newsmax or WorldNetDaily.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
No racism where? In the fact that African American voters may be supporting a candidate with whom they identify? Or in your post that suggests African American voters are incapable of understanding political issues?

with whom they identify

What a pleasant way to put it. I award you 500 PC points and thank you for playing.

Many libtard's worst fear is a Black Conservative. If you want proof, look what happens to any that rise up. Instead they keep as many as they can dependent on the government with just enough handouts to keep as many as they can voting.

Findog
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
What are the Republicans offering AA voters that is so great?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 10:54 AM
i don't know which is more "cowardly". using _______ or "" to say ######.

oops, i mean "######".

oops, i mean ________

don't worry i'm not defending or condemning it either way, just holding up the mirror to the face.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:54 AM
You're the one who's saying it. Does it make you feel enlightened? Does it make you feel superior, or do you just think that you can say it because you claim to be "on their side"?

The slums got so much soul.

I have no problem with the word because I've never used it to describe or to refer to African-Americans.

I have a clean conscience.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
i don't know which is more "cowardly". using _______ or "" to say ######.

oops, i mean "######".

oops, i mean ________

don't worry i'm not defending or condemning it either way, just holding up the mirror to the face.

Should I use terms like boutons to describe the equivalent black stupid hick redneck bubba?

Let's brainstorm since I was having a hard time thinking what would be acceptable on this forum.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Should I use terms like boutons to describe the equivalent black stupid hick redneck bubba?

Then explain, as ever so gracefully as you can, what you mean by _________.

You have perplexed us all.

FromWayDowntown
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't attribute the venomous shout out of a campaign supporter at a rally to McCain any more than I would attribute much of what, for example, boutons says here about McCain or Palin to Obama.

People are free to say what they wish; the First Amendment is an absolute guarantee of anyone's right to show himself to be a fool.

I suppose the point that this whole situation makes is just how absurd the right-wing of the media -- particularly conservative talk radio and the blogosphere -- have gotten in their efforts to impugn Obama and just what lemmings their audiences seem to be. The Right's spin machine has seemed to believe for some time that the path to victory in 2008 lies mostly in preying upon unfounded fears.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I have a problem with the word ######. I have a problem with using it in quotes, and I have a problem with suggesting its use with a "______."

I'm more troubled, however, by making numerous suggestions that an entire group of people is incapable of understanding/caring about the political structure of their own country while, at the same time, accusing someone else of racism. It boggles the mind, really.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I have a problem with the word . I have a problem with using it in quotes, and I have a problem with suggesting its use with a "______."

I'm more troubled, however, by making numerous suggestions that an entire group of people is incapable of understanding/caring about the political structure of their own country while, at the same time, accusing someone else of racism. It boggles the mind, really.

Just calling out the double standard.

I watch the news hint at the redneck racist vote, yet they will not even touch the other side of it. :lmao So many find it very easy to make fun of the dumb bubbas. Yet gasp when someone reminds them what vote Obama is receiving due, in part, to the same racism.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Just calling out the double standard.

The problem there, however, is that it's only a double standard if you already buy into the overwhelmingly racist thought that African American voters are ONLY supporting Obama because of race.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Are you happy now?

Um, what part of that am I supposed to be happy about? I didn't know the fact that the guy shouted it out was at issue.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I have no problem with the word because I've never used it to describe or to refer to African-Americans.

I have a clean conscience.

Ah. "Enlightened" it is, then.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 11:05 AM
The problem there, however, is that it's only a double standard if you already buy into the overwhelmingly racist thought that African American voters are ONLY supporting Obama because of race.

Only a fool deals/assumes in absolutes.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM

Why is it any different than suggesting that people that support McCain are doing so because they don't want a black man in the white house?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Let's brainstorm since I was having a hard time thinking what would be acceptable on this forum.

well, the way it's going you should probably start here.

http://www.barackobama.com/people/

we might have to get used to it.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 11:08 AM
The problem there, however, is that it's only a double standard if you already buy into the overwhelmingly racist thought that African American voters are ONLY supporting Obama because of race.i can give you names and numbers of about 10 people i know personally that are doing just that. i can pm them to you if you'd like.

peewee's lovechild
10-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Ah. "Enlightened" it is, then.

If by "enlightened" you mean that I don't live with the same guilt you do, then yes.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
If an overweight pale man in cutoff sleeve plaid button up shirt, sporting a fu manchu, and cutoff jeans walked up to cuntingfunt and started debating him/her on the increase of capital gains and not the color of Obama's skin it would probably blow his/her california mind.

And your witty fashion advice line is already appreciated.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Why is it any different than suggesting that people that support McCain are doing so because they don't want a black man in the white house?

It's not. I don't particularly support that line of thought, either.

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
If by "enlightened" you mean that I don't live with the same guilt you do, then yes.

:lmao I have no guilt. Your textbook guilt trip libtard tactics don't work on every fool in Amerika yet.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
i can give you names and numbers of about 10 people i know personally that are doing just that. i can pm them to you if you'd like.

Where did I suggest that no one was voting solely along racial lines? Surely you're not dense enough to believe that ten people you know is representative of the entire African American voting base.

CuckingFunt
10-07-2008, 11:22 AM
If an overweight pale man in cutoff sleeve plaid button up shirt, sporting a fu manchu, and cutoff jeans walked up to cuntingfunt and started debating him/her on the increase of capital gains and not the color of Obama's skin it would probably blow his/her california mind.

And your witty fashion advice line is already appreciated.

I live in California. How can you be certain I haven't already had that conversation?

Anti.Hero
10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
well, the way it's going you should probably start here.

http://www.barackobama.com/people/

we might have to get used to it.

:lmao:lmao:lmao They came up with a logo for each one.

JoeChalupa
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
This kind of stuff cracks me up. More power to those who buy into it.

rascal
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
How many black voters will vote for any candidate that is black, regardless of what he believes and so long as he's a democrat? More rhetoric from boutons and the logically bankrupt.

I doubt that a black Republican would get the same support from the black vote.

Shastafarian
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Ask Alan Keyes.... :lol What a nutjob that guy is.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM

I agree, which is why I said "so long as he's a democrat". He'd likely be called uncle tom by blacks, and house ###### by "enlightened" people like Peewee. See Clarence Thomas and Condoleeza Rice.

Findog
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree, which is why I said "so long as he's a democrat". He'd likely be called uncle tom by blacks, and house ###### by "enlightened" people like Peewee. See Clarence Thomas and Condoleeza Rice.

And after Pee Wee insisted he has no use for that word. Stay Classy, OV.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Ask Alan Keyes.... :lol What a nutjob that guy is.

And the nutjob part is what turns people away. I agree with many of his views, but the man seems unstable sometimes. :lol

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
And after Pee Wee insisted he has no use for that word. Stay Classy, OV.

You mean after Pee Wee used that word in several straight posts.

Stay stupid, Findog. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2008, 12:26 PM

"there are great powers in these"

recognize the mighty "

Findog
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM

Didn't read that far.

/sheepish

Spurtacus
10-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Attendee at McCain rally calls Obama a 'terrorist'

(CNN) — Some supporters of the Republican ticket stole a share of the spotlight at Monday campaign rallies with controversial attacks aimed at Barack Obama.

In Albuquerque, New Mexico, John McCain pushed his campaign’s most recent line of attack against Obama: that the Democratic nominee represents a relatively unknown risk. “All people want to know is: What has this man ever actually accomplished in government? What does he plan for America? In short: Who is the real Barack Obama?” Someone in the crowd responded by yelling: “Terrorist!” The crowd roared, and McCain seemed startled, but it is unclear whether he actually heard what the man shouted. He did not respond to the attack.

And before GOP VP nominee Sarah Palin entered a campaign rally in Estero, Florida, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott took aim at “Barack Hussein Obama.”

“On November 4, let’s leave Barack Hussein Obama wondering what happened,” he said. As the crowd cheered, he gave a forceful salute.

The McCain-Palin campaign immediately distanced itself from Scott’s remark. “We do not condone this inappropriate rhetoric, which distracts from the real questions of judgment, character and experience that voters will base their decisions on this November,” said campaign spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt.

In March, McCain rebuked conservative radio talk show host Bill Cunningham for repeatedly referring to the Illinois senator as “Barack Hussein Obama” while warming up the crowd at a campaign event in Cincinnati, before the Arizona senator took the stage.

link?

JoeChalupa
10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
:sleep

ChumpDumper
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
link?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/06/attendee-at-mccain-rally-calls-obama-a-terrorist/

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't read that far.

/sheepish

Then I apologize for my reaction. I didn't realize it was a mistake.

mouse
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
85% of the voters that call Obama a ###### when in public or with their friends will most likely vote for him in private, the other 15% are so frustrated with where the the economy is headed they will vote for Obama just out of spite.

Findog
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Then I apologize for my reaction. I didn't realize it was a mistake.

Not a problem, I should've read the entire thread before chirping in. :toast

nkdlunch
10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
we can say nigga in this thread?

shit nigga, should've told me earlier