PDA

View Full Version : So? What's the verdict? Is Bowen a dirty player?

ZStomp
02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Yes or No?

I've always said that Bowen was not a dirty player. He's tough. I don't think he's out there trying to hurt players.

Am I fair? Am I wearing Homer glasses?

usckk
02-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Yes.

N.Y. Johnny
02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
I do not think he is. I think he's a hell of a defender and clamps down on some guys and really gets into their heads and frustrates the hell out of them and they lose it.

christ i was watching ESPNNEWS and those assclowns on there make him sound out to be some kind of thug dirtbag.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2005, 11:00 PM
i
don't
think
he
plays
dirty

N.Y. Johnny
02-12-2005, 11:05 PM
They love high scorers. Who else will they play montage clips of to some lame ass Godsmack song during a segment intro? Fuck them. Fuck them in their dirty asses.

Most importantly, what will Stephen A Smith say about this? That's what I'll lose sleep over.

i know, what got me pissed was like this anchor I forgot who he is, was all like "when Bowen went for Carter's legs and tripped him up" some shit like that, he was talkin to Mark Jackson. They got tangled up, I don't think Bruce Bowen is going Denver Broncos Offensvie Line and cut blocking guys on the floor. Fuck ESPN

atlfan25
02-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I Bowen a dirty player
Yes or No?

No. :hat

Dre_7
02-12-2005, 11:15 PM
No

ZStomp
02-12-2005, 11:25 PM
They love high scorers. Who else will they play montage clips of to some lame ass Godsmack song during a segment intro? Fuck them. Fuck them in their dirty asses.

Most importantly, what will Stephen A Smith say about this? That's what I'll lose sleep over.

Hey!

What's wrong with Godsmack?!?!?!

Wolve Punk -- :flipoff >

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2005, 11:36 PM
his not a dirty player, his a physical metally defensive player who tries and gets into ur head, thats the purpose of a defender is to get into ur head, and if the offensive player cant make love to pressure you end up like stephon jackson :) :)

2centsworth
02-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Bruce is just a pest. Every team is just jealous of the spurs success right now, so all the negativity is to be expected.

Reality is no one has an answer for our big three.

Faccia di Angelo
02-12-2005, 11:41 PM

:rollin which song was it?

I didn't get to see the incident cause I was at work but was told about it today. From what I hear they got tangled up and Bowen was just doing what he does, which is play hard defense. He does get in people's head and some people can't take it. I personally don't think the guy is dirty. He's the last person I would ever think is dirty. He's just tough.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
02-12-2005, 11:51 PM
NO, I believe Bowen is one of the craftiest players in the league and will find a way to impact the game no matter the situation. ALthough we do not know for certain his intentions, I'd bet he isn't motivated by malicious intent.

Others like Pero009 may think so, but who cares, Wolves are suckin major pipe. Enjoy the ride to the bottom Scroto, perhaps yours Pups will sack up and quit playing like the little broken down b!tches they are, then again maybe they won't.

rr2418
02-12-2005, 11:53 PM
NO!

What gets me is if it wasn't a superstar (VC), we wouldn't hear much about it.

NCaliSpurs
02-12-2005, 11:55 PM
How many years had he been in the league before these claims came out?

It is so funny how hype and perception vastly influence people.

Lots of jump shooters in the NBA make contact with their legs (bringing them forward) in the NBA. Bowen stays really really close to his man. But by no means did he "undercut" Vince. For chrissakes the ref was standing 3 feet from him with no obstructions.

Vince has it in his head. Finley and Allen latched onto it, because they were getting punked.

Is Bowen dirty? Ha.

No.

Shelly
02-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Nyet.

Bruce rules.

Jimcs50
02-13-2005, 12:02 AM
He is OUR dirty player, so wtf cares?

Shelly
02-13-2005, 12:04 AM
He is OUR dirty player, so wtf cares?

Exactly, Jimbo!

SequSpur
02-13-2005, 12:08 AM
My car is dirty

Shelly
02-13-2005, 12:09 AM
so is mine...:(

Jimcs50
02-13-2005, 12:13 AM
so is mine...:(

My mind is dirty.

T Park
02-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Christina Aguilera is Durrty.

N.Y. Johnny
02-13-2005, 12:16 AM
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/b8/98/184007-resized200.jpg

Ol Dirty Bastard

exstatic
02-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Bowen is a pest, who gets into your head. He has never seriously injured another player, though. Karl Malone is dirty. I can think of three players right off the top of my head that he has hospitalized: Isaiah Thomas: split his head open like a melon when he torched Karl's butt buddy Stockton, Donyell Marshal: broken ribs, David Robinson: elbow to the head, KO, concussion.

If you watch the vid, there is zero chance for VC to land on Bowen's foot, because by the time VC lands, Bowen is blocking him out, with his back to him, to keep him from a long rebound.

If you really think someone is jumping into you when you shoot, there is a REALLY easy way to stop it, especially when you are on fire from 3 point land like VC was. To jump into someone defensively, you need to make your move before they leave their feet, anticipating their shot. VC pump fakes, draws Bowen off his feet, jumps into HIM, and draws 3 FTs. End of supposed jumping under/into the shooter. That requres cool, collected thought, though, something poser VC does not possess. He would rather blame his failures on someone else.

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2005, 12:42 AM
do you see guys like shaq complained when he gets hacked?? how about when iverson gets manhandled in the lane?? these guys dont complained they just continue on playing their game. if a guy like vc cant handle teh shit thats given to him, then dont give shit to other players cose he knows he will get owned.

Duff McCartney
02-13-2005, 02:41 AM
No.

NZHayden
02-13-2005, 05:57 AM
what happened to bowen is just unfortunate. him or timmy will be defensive player of the year though

Rummpd
02-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Unfortunetely he may well now carry that reputation (that I believe is undeserved) and I cringe at the way some key games may be called in future, i.e., Sonics Spurs in playoffs Soft@%* Allen calling him out to get him out of a game ro worse yet creating an incident to get him suspended.

The problem with that is that Ginobli, Brown are usually able to also step and defend.

Bring on the hate it is coming anyway.

Roll Spurs.

ZStomp
02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
:rollin which song was it?

I didn't get to see the incident cause I was at work but was told about it today. From what I hear they got tangled up and Bowen was just doing what he does, which is play hard defense. He does get in people's head and some people can't take it. I personally don't think the guy is dirty. He's the last person I would ever think is dirty. He's just tough.

You working mornings! The game was in the evening. :WTF

shaq_h8ter
02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Any chance of some one posting some video of this?