PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech / Nebraska Thread....

Kermit
10-07-2008, 11:36 AM
For all the sand aggies who forgot who they were playing this week....

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
tech's gonna move up to 6

Blake
10-07-2008, 01:40 PM

golly, thanks for starting this thread for all of us dumb ass sand aggies.

jackass.

Doug Collins
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I find the term "sand aggies" offensive to regular hard working aggies like myself.

BUMP
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM

its only Tuesday........

and its our homecoming game and my date is, yeah you guessed it..........

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z50/ttaayyllaarr22/mrspiggy.gif

Kermit
10-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Enjoy your sloppy seconds.

BUMP
10-08-2008, 12:46 AM
:rollin

cash459
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech will move up farther than #6.

UT or OU will lose and drop out of the top 10....

FromWayDowntown
10-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Not sure how much Tech moves up after escaping that one. If I had a vote, I wouldn't bump them up; I'd drop OU to 6 and leave Tech at 7.

Nebraska showed that for all of the talk of improvement in Tech's defense, the Red Raiders still struggle to get off the field and that they can get worn down as a game wears on.

If teams can control clock the way the Huskers did today, the Red Raiders are going to have very long days against clubs that have more athletic defenses and offenses that don't crap out in the red zone like the Huskers did in the early stages of this game.

cash459
10-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Not sure how much Tech moves up after escaping that one. If I had a vote, I wouldn't bump them up; I'd drop OU to 6 and leave Tech at 7.

Nebraska showed that for all of the talk of improvement in Tech's defense, the Red Raiders still struggle to get off the field and that they can get worn down as a game wears on.

If teams can control clock the way the Huskers did today, the Red Raiders are going to have very long days against clubs that have more athletic defenses and offenses that don't crap out in the red zone like the Huskers did in the early stages of this game.

Tech Moves up REGARDLESS!!

#1, 3, AND 4 LOSE......Alabama #1, Texas #2 & Tech will be in the top 5!

and OU is falling farther than #6

& there arent many teams with "strong" defenses, just look at the scroeboard from todays games. And every team has off games, it just so happened that Tech ahd one against a decent Husker team, in a conference that is a close second in the nation.

redraiderinfiji
10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech easily moves up inside the top 5. This last weekend was full of crazy games.

Missou, OU, LSU all fall. WOW! I love this season......
Tech is getting better and better each week. The Nebraska team played much better against Tech than Missou. But Tech still has a long way to go. They are not going to get to a major bowl unless they learn from previous games, stop reading the press clippings, and take one game at a time. And Tech cant lose to a shit team, so over looking someone will be costly.

redraiderinfiji
10-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Crabtree has yet to have a breakout game. I am thinking he is saving the season coming out party for the first big ranked opponent. Crank that Crabtree. One thing I love about this season is the way Crabtree does not have to be a one-man army. He has others that def. take the load off him. Crabtree, please come out and crank it soon!

cash459
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech easily moves up inside the top 5. This last weekend was full of crazy games.

Missou, OU, LSU all fall. WOW! I love this season......
Tech is getting better and better each week. The Nebraska team played much better against Tech than Missou. But Tech still has a long way to go. They are not going to get to a major bowl unless they learn from previous games, stop reading the press clippings, and take one game at a time. And Tech cant lose to a shit team, so over looking someone will be costly.

:toast

cash459
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM

:rolleyes :sleep

Whisky Dog
10-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Once Tech plays an offense that can blow up their defense for points while wearing them out and a defense with the athletes and scheme to get stops further allowing Techs defense to get worn out they'll be in trouble.

redraiderinfiji
10-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Once Tech plays an offense that can blow up their defense for points while wearing them out and a defense with the athletes and scheme to get stops further allowing Techs defense to get worn out they'll be in trouble.

remember last year they beat OU, who was just as powerful as this year.

If they get better and better each week, which they have, and don't get caught
in the rankings, they will make a splash against some teams. I am not saying that they will run the board to get to the BCS title, but if they listen to Mike Leach, anything is possible.

When Tech beats one of the big teams, like they did last year, then you will respect.

Whisky Dog
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I respect what they have accomplished under Leach especially knowing where they came from, but I just think that extreme version of a spread that passes 90% of the time is a flawed offensive system because it isn't able to run effectively to speed up the game and limit the possessions your defense has to take. Over the season that severely wears down a defense.

cash459
10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I respect what they have accomplished under Leach especially knowing where they came from, but I just think that extreme version of a spread that passes 90% of the time is a flawed offensive system because it isn't able to run effectively to speed up the game and limit the possessions your defense has to take. Over the season that severely wears down a defense.

Tech averages over 140 yd rushing per game!

granted, their D has a ways to go to get where they need to be, but they are much improved from last year.

The game against nebraska was an "off" game. EVERY team has those. ask any of the top 10 that have lost this year. only diff, was that tech pulled off the W

FromWayDowntown
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
:rolleyes :sleep

I'm a Tech fan. I guess I'm supposed to say, though, that Tech is undoubtedly the best team in the nation -- to say nothing of either the Big XII or the Big XII south -- and that they'll have to make up a new number for Tech's ultimate ranking this year.

For all of the offense the last few years, the Red Raiders have struggled against really good teams (and sometimes even against average teams) because their defense can't get off the field. When they play against teams with good offenses, the defense is on the field for long stretches and can't get stops which: (1) puts huge pressure on the offense to keep the scoreboard rolling; and (2) keeps the offense off the field. If you're a Tech fan, the win against Nebraska was a good one -- far better than a loss, of course -- but it should be a bit troubling because that defense really couldn't stop Nebraska's offense at all.

I think that's the issue. I think Tech's big test will be the ability to slow down a truly balanced offense and get that defense off the field, both to keep the defense fresh and to maximize the use of Tech's primary weapon -- that passing game.

remember last year they beat OU, who was just as powerful as this year.

OU played the bulk of that game without Sam Bradford; I'm not sure you're truly making an apples-to-apples comparison there.

If they get better and better each week, which they have, and don't get caught in the rankings, they will make a splash against some teams. I am not saying that they will run the board to get to the BCS title, but if they listen to Mike Leach, anything is possible.

I agree that improvement is the key and that Tech's in position to make a pretty good run at this, given that they get Texas and Oklahoma State at home and don't have to deal with Missouri. But if you watched the Nebraska game, the area most in need of improvement is on the defensive side and they're going to have to prove that they can get stops against a balanced offense.

Nebraska came in with a clear plan to grind the clock with long drives that maintained good balance. They were able to achieve that (35 rushes, 45 passes; 1 punt; 40:12 TOP) and kept Harrell and Crew off the field. Again, what saved Tech against Nebraska was the fact that Nebraska's mistakes cost it a scoring opportunity and then forced it to settle for a FG in the 3rd. It wasn't unrealistic to think that Nebraska should have won that game in regulation and that Tech avoided a loss mostly because the Huskers made mistakes. But that became possible because of the inability to stop the Huskers -- and it's not as if Nebraska is going to be the most formidably balanced offense that Tech faces over the rest of this season.

cash459
10-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm a Tech fan. I guess I'm supposed to say, though, that Tech is undoubtedly the best team in the nation -- to say nothing of either the Big XII or the Big XII south -- and that they'll have to make up a new number for Tech's ultimate ranking this year.

For all of the offense the last few years, the Red Raiders have struggled against really good teams (and sometimes even against average teams) because their defense can't get off the field. When they play against teams with good offenses, the defense is on the field for long stretches and can't get stops which: (1) puts huge pressure on the offense to keep the scoreboard rolling; and (2) keeps the offense off the field. If you're a Tech fan, the win against Nebraska was a good one -- far better than a loss, of course -- but it should be a bit troubling because that defense really couldn't stop Nebraska's offense at all.

I think that's the issue. I think Tech's big test will be the ability to slow down a truly balanced offense and get that defense off the field, both to keep the defense fresh and to maximize the use of Tech's primary weapon -- that passing game.

OU played the bulk of that game without Sam Bradford; I'm not sure you're truly making an apples-to-apples comparison there.

I agree that improvement is the key and that Tech's in position to make a pretty good run at this, given that they get Texas and Oklahoma State at home and don't have to deal with Missouri. But if you watched the Nebraska game, the area most in need of improvement is on the defensive side and they're going to have to prove that they can get stops against a balanced offense.

Nebraska came in with a clear plan to grind the clock with long drives that maintained good balance. They were able to achieve that (35 rushes, 45 passes; 1 punt; 40:12 TOP) and kept Harrell and Crew off the field. Again, what saved Tech against Nebraska was the fact that Nebraska's mistakes cost it a scoring opportunity and then forced it to settle for a FG in the 3rd. It wasn't unrealistic to think that Nebraska should have won that game in regulation and that Tech avoided a loss mostly because the Huskers made mistakes. But that became possible because of the inability to stop the Huskers -- and it's not as if Nebraska is going to be the most formidably balanced offense that Tech faces over the rest of this season.

I agree with you completely! well said! :toast

GUNS UP!