PDA

View Full Version : Curry: I'm Not Here To Come Off Bench

Spurs Brazil
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Curry: I'm Not Here To Come Off Bench

Oct 07, 2008 5:08 AM EST
There are many questions about how center Eddy Curry will fit into Mike D'Antoni's high octane offense in New York, especially considering that he turned up to camp out of shape then missed the first week due to a bacterial infection, but despite this, he still seems himself as the team's starting center, the New York Post is reporting.

"Until told otherwise, yeah, I do," said Curry. "I'm not out here playing to come off the bench. I'm planning to start."

"But if that's where [Mike D'Antoni] sees me playing, that's what happens. But as of now, I'm not playing to come off the bench."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54744/20081007/curry_im_not_here_to_come_off_bench/

koriwhat
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
fuck curry! he should come off the bench.... dude has put 0 effort(physically/mentally) in up there in new york.

TDMVPDPOY
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
cant stand NYK team why do they keep on keeping trash on the team....

Biernutz
10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
This is great--next up Starberry with his crap. D'Antoni will earn his money this year.

Sissiborgo
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
He should be a starter i damn like that guy and i would like to see him play for Spurs..

JamStone
10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
The guy should definitely be in better shape if he wants to really be a quality starting center in the league. One possible obstacle might be his heart condition. I wonder how much he uses it as a crutch and/or excuse to not really work hard on his conditioning and diet. And, I wonder how much it plays a role in doctors and team officials to be cautious in how much they push him in the same regard. To my knowledge, he hasn't had any major issues with his heart since being traded to the Knicks. But, the guy has great size and really good skill if he were just even remotely motivated and determined to be in better playing shape.

MrChug
10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I started out liking D'Antoni, but as much of a whiny bitch I've seen over the years, I really don't care about his wellbeing.

Marbury nor Curry want to back up Nate/Duhon or Curry to a Randolph/Lee or Jeffries lineup.

He'd better prepare for hell.

m33p0
10-07-2008, 07:44 PM
marbury, randolph, curry... let's see what d'antoni has in store for them. i'm betting those clowns will be gone by the trade deadline or stuck on the bench the rest of the season.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Way to go, fatty.

angelbelow
10-08-2008, 02:21 AM
him saying that is one example of why hes trash.