PDA

View Full Version : 2k9/xbox360 Only!

koriwhat
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
This thread's intention is to be a hub for those with XboxLive accounts. Please post your GAMERTAG only in this thread so other XboxLive users can find you, friend request you, invite you to play a game, etc with them online.

This thread is also being used as a hub for the SpursTalk League.

*To those who have joined the league; if you don't know by now I am going to custom design and screen a SpursTalk/2k9 SpursTalk League shirt and will be giving it away to the last man standing from our league. If I somehow win it all(which i doubt) then 2nd place will receive the shirt. There might be another prize as well but at the moment there isn't.

-----

UPDATE 10/16/08:

So far who's who on XboxLive.
League consists of 14 teams. So far we are 10 of 14 with 4 slots open.

Red=Joined League & Blue=Gamertag
koriwhat(HOU) - twobcontinued
MaNu4Tres(ORL) - Bigespurs7
dirk4mvp(MEM) - Purple Haze 626
IronMexican(LAL) - Mando SC 323
DannyT(SAS) - dannyt2ten
td4mvp21(DET) - thejewfro08
stress(BOS) - def210
sribb43(DAL) - Sribb43
Amuseddaysleeper(PHO) - ItsWoweeZowee
crc21209(MIA) - crcjl
rAm - Gypsy Fever
DisAsTerBot - cram25
manufor3 - cttspursluva
z0sa - z0sa
MavDynasty - PaNdAs 4 ReNt
Amuseddaysleeper - ItsWoweeZowee
daspurs - SmOkE_DaT_KusH_

Here's the link to the online 2ksports League homepage.
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=5734

koriwhat
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
twobcontinued

MaNu4Tres
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Bigespurs7

rAm
10-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Gypsy Fever

Amuseddaysleeper
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
ItsWoweeZowee

I'm 0-2 so far thanks to kobe!

dirk4mvp
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Purple Haze 626

IronMexican
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Mando SC 323

Tell me who you are when you send it.

crc21209
10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Bad ass everyone add me so we can ball up on some 2k9. My gamertag is crcjl. msg me or sumthin lettin me know ur from the forum.

DisAsTerBot
10-08-2008, 02:05 PM
cram25 (hoping they put the 2k camera back in live play)

dirk4mvp
10-08-2008, 02:10 PM

haven't played online yet...what camera do you use?

IronMexican
10-08-2008, 02:18 PM

You can't change the camera? GAY.

dirk4mvp
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
fuck it's disgusting that 90% of online players use the Lakers or Celtics.

DisAsTerBot
10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
You can't change the camera? GAY.

there's only limited camera views when playing online.....all of which are side views except for the "wire" view which sucks ass! I only use the "2k" view which i've used since dreamcast.....they better come up with a patch or something cause it's really dissapointing

IronMexican
10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
5 on 5 is impossible. So damn laggy.

koriwhat
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
i ain't playing online without 2k view! fuck that!

manufor3
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
cttspursluva

sook
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
5 on 5 is impossible. So damn laggy.

thats b.c its the 360, ps3>xbox

z0sa
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
z0sa

DannyT
10-11-2008, 07:23 PM
dannyt2ten

manufor3
10-11-2008, 07:25 PM
haven't played online yet...what camera do you use?

broadcast

MavDynasty
10-12-2008, 12:07 AM
PaNdAs 4 ReNt...
nigga play me plz?dont go crying when u hear the most shittalk u have ever herd in ur life.bitch.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
fuck it's disgusting that 90% of online players use the Lakers or Celtics.

Seriously.

The one thing that bugs about 2K9 is that they've made the offense really overpower the defense. 2K8 at least had far better/quicker double teaming so you could somewhat limit the Kobe's and T-Mac's of the world.

This year the superstars are all on steroids.

I'm sure the more I play, the more I'll figure out what defensive schemes work the best on superstars, but it's a little frustrating that everyone picks the Lakers and simply dunks from the free throw line everytime with Kobe.

Oh well

MavDynasty
10-12-2008, 12:16 AM
I havnt played w/ anyone using the mavs but is it like last year where everyone chooses them to shoot threes and ONLY threes with dirk and jet?

dirk4mvp
10-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I havnt played w/ anyone using the mavs but is it like last year where everyone chooses them to shoot threes and ONLY threes with dirk and jet?

Even though Dirk is rated lower this year than the last few years, once his bars turn red he doesn't miss anything.

koriwhat
10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
oh and as an incentive to join the league and WIN IT ALL... i will give away a custom silk screened tshirt to the last man standing. it will be worth it trust me.

DannyT
10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
stress =def210

who has already joined our league as well...

koriwhat
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
stress =def210

who has already joined our league as well...

he's from ST?

DannyT
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
oh and as an incentive to join the league and WIN IT ALL... i will give away a custom silk screened tshirt to the last man standing. it will be worth it trust me.

look at you...sucks if you win it... you wont but still...lol

coe on fuckers join and lets settle on a draft date

DannyT
10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
yeah he is...I stomped on him last year....lol

koriwhat
look at you...sucks if you win it... you wont but still...lol

coe on fuckers join and lets settle on a draft date

if i win it...which i doubt, then 2nd place will get the shirt.

ps: come get you some! http://community.2ksports.com/community/images/dyn/user.cfm?sl=1:25:19

daspurs
SmOkE_DaT_KusH_

DannyT
10-14-2008, 04:46 PM
join_dat_league

MaNu4Tres
10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Seriously.

The one thing that bugs about 2K9 is that they've made the offense really overpower the defense. 2K8 at least had far better/quicker double teaming so you could somewhat limit the Kobe's and T-Mac's of the world.

This year the superstars are all on steroids.

I'm sure the more I play, the more I'll figure out what defensive schemes work the best on superstars, but it's a little frustrating that everyone picks the Lakers and simply dunks from the free throw line everytime with Kobe.

Oh well

I'm also having trouble playing defense. It seems big guards or big 3's are hard ass hell to stop in the lane. Everything they throw up goes in.

Anyways When is the draft?

Amuseddaysleeper
10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I tried joining myself but it asks for the password.

Any help on this?

DannyT
10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
there ws no invites...just search for the league spurstalk under leagues in xboxlive...password is 123...pick your team and wait a few days.. I think we are sitting at like 7 teams right now...a few more and we should have ten and then start the draft...this is getting close to happening....and I like it....I like it a lot

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM
I tried joining myself but it asks for the password.

Any help on this?

dirk4mvp
10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
There's a poster here by the name of JudsonRocket who doesn't post much anymore who's on my friendlist. He was number 5 on the leaderboards a few days ago, so it's good he's probably not gonna be in it :lol

crc21209
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Alright guys I'm about to join Ive been outta town for about 5 days, it was hell not playin 2k9 lol. So ill get on and join the league, see ya in there suckas, cant wait.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
There's a poster here by the name of JudsonRocket who doesn't post much anymore who's on my friendlist. He was number 5 on the leaderboards a few days ago, so it's good he's probably not gonna be in it :lol

anyone on that leaderboard = cheeser. im sure he uses uses guys like tmac, lebron, kobe, vince and runs around and tries to dunk everytime down the court.

Playing against guys like that is so lame and take the fun out of online play. Hopefully players in this league know how to play basketball and wont try to dunk and shoot all there shots in the paint everytime down the court

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
anyone on that leaderboard = cheeser. im sure he uses uses guys like tmac, lebron, kobe, vince and runs around and tries to dunk everytime down the court.

Playing against guys like that is so lame and take the fun out of online play. Hopefully players in this league know how to play basketball and wont try to dunk and shoot all there shots in the paint everytime down the court

Yeah I hate people who play like that too, but I don't think he played like that.

I was the Rockets playing the Cavs a few days ago, and I felt like chucking my controller thru the tv after about the 8th time LeBron drove thru 3 defenders and did a windmill over Yao. I just decided I'd take the L and quit.

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:25 PM

i hear ya! i keep getting my ass handed to me by kobe. seems like no one wants to be anyone else but LA. ah and does it seem easier for your opponent to catch your inbounds pass in 2k9? damn i keep getting snaked every time i pass the ball in. it used to happen in all the 2k's but moreso in 2k9.

it also seems i am having trouble controlling my guys. they seem to want to run off even when i am trying to direct them in a certain direction. this game gets to me at times but it is still awesome. i just gotta calm down and get used to it like i had to do for each 2k that has come out.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah I hate people who play like that too, but I don't think he played like that.

I was the Rockets playing the Cavs a few days ago, and I felt like chucking my controller thru the tv after about the 8th time LeBron drove thru 3 defenders and did a windmill over Yao. I just decided I'd take the L and quit.

ya...i know what you mean. if those people want to play like that, they should go play NBA Jam, NBA Street, NBA Ballers or heck even NBA Live

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
i hear ya! i keep getting my ass handed to me by kobe. seems like no one wants to be anyone else but LA. ah and does it seem easier for your opponent to catch your inbounds pass in 2k9? damn i keep getting snaked every time i pass the ball in. it used to happen in all the 2k's but moreso in 2k9.

it also seems i am having trouble controlling my guys. they seem to want to run off even when i am trying to direct them in a certain direction. this game gets to me at times but it is still awesome. i just gotta calm down and get used to it like i had to do for each 2k that has come out.

and that pisses me off too when people try to steal every inbounds pass after a made basket. if you play against the right people who know and respect the game of bball then NBA 2k9 is awesome

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
i have an idea for when this league is over with. i am wanting to try and keep creating leagues until we get 4 winners overall and get them to go head-to-head for prizes.

the first prize for this league will be a custom shirt i am working on that will rep SpursTalk & 2k9. it will be awesome, trust me.

other prizes for the other leagues that come about after this one will be similar prizes by me or others. and then the main prize might be something huge like tickets or something. this is all just a thought though and it might be harder to get people to come together for all this but i am gonna try and get it going. anyone else interested in this idea?

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:31 PM
i have some pretty good sliders that we can use for the game. When playing 8-9 minute quarters, they give me pretty realistic stats. if you just play the game right out of the box and online games, you get inflated stats - super high fg/3p%, guys dunking on like 4 people, very low fouls called etc...just an idea, id like to get the league as realistic as possible

IronMexican
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope I get #1 pick. C's aren't so dominant like in 2k8, which sucks.

IronMexican
10-15-2008, 02:33 PM
i have some pretty good sliders that we can use for the game. When playing 8-9 minute quarters, they give me pretty realistic stats. if you just play the game right out of the box and online games, you get inflated stats - super high fg/3p%, guys dunking on like 4 people, very low fouls called etc...just an idea, id like to get the league as realistic as possible

I don't mind you being admin, but I can't hand someone the powers. If you could invite everyone in this league, then I wouldn't mind.

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:39 PM

i'm like you bro... i'd rather this be as realistic as possible. i hate that the game resembles nbaJam at times. like i always tell my buddy who plays vs me, "you've gotta learn to play like the team you're using or the player you're using. it's the only way!"

---

on another note... is the draft like a 1-2 people draft per team or is it a complete rebuild of the team you have? i hope to god it's not a draft 15 player type thing because i am ready to roll on some people with artest! only reason why i picked rockets was for artest. god i wish the spurs could have lured him in this season. damnit.

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't mind you being admin, but I can't hand someone the powers. If you could invite everyone in this league, then I wouldn't mind.

Fuck! Now we're gonna have to wait for everyone to join this league after the current one is taking forever to fill :lol

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
i'm like you bro... i'd rather this be as realistic as possible. i hate that the game resembles nbaJam at times. like i always tell my buddy who plays vs me, "you've gotta learn to play like the team you're using or the player you're using. it's the only way!"

---

on another note... is the draft like a 1-2 people draft per team or is it a complete rebuild of the team you have? i hope to god it's not a draft 15 player type thing because i am ready to roll on some people with artest! only reason why i picked rockets was for artest. god i wish the spurs could have lured him in this season. damnit.

I think it's a complete overhaul of your roster.

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I think it's a complete overhaul of your roster.

son of a bitch!

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM

i dont want to be admin....but i dont mind helping out with trying to make this league successful

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
son of a bitch!

ya i prefer to keep real rosters and then allow people to trade throught the season as long as their fair

IronMexican
10-15-2008, 02:51 PM
ya i prefer to keep real rosters and then allow people to trade throught the season as long as their fair

Fantasy is cool. Cause I want it to be a bit more balanced. Otherwise everyone who picked LA,Boston, and Houston would just murder.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Fantasy is cool. Cause I want it to be a bit more balanced. Otherwise everyone who picked LA,Boston, and Houston would just murder.

ya fantasy is fine..ill just probably draft alot of mavs:lol

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
ya fantasy is fine..ill just probably draft alot of mavs:lol

you can have all of them you want except JET. His shot is ice cold on the game :lobt:

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:55 PM

trust me... i won't murder anyone in a side scrolling camera online game. it seems to be the other way around thus far. i just can't get used to this camera view and hopefully i am somewhat better when we start this league.

oh well... that sucks that i won't have my roster in place but i guess this gives me the chance to draft whoever i feel like having. damnit.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
you can have all of them you want except JET. His shot is ice cold on the game :lobt:

i can play well with mavs like dirk, jet, kidd, stack but j-ho's shot is hard as hell to get down....its so slow.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
can we rename this thread to "Offical NBA 2k9 SpursTalk League Thread" or something like that....i think there are a few other 2k9 threads floating around

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
so how does this draft go exactly? is it like we choose centers first and each of us gets our center, then points second and each of us get our point guard, etc....? so we aren't all stacked like the olympic team?

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 03:00 PM
can we rename this thread to "Offical NBA 2k9 SpursTalk League Thread" or something like that....i think there are a few other 2k9 threads floating around

we can if ironmexican is cool with it too. i made this thread to collect gamertags, not specifically for the league but just so we all can become friends on XboxLive, and also update whose in this league thus far.(that's twice today i've used "thus far" and i never use that...haha)

so should i rename the thread?

sribb43
10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
so how does this draft go exactly? is it like we choose centers first and each of us gets our center, then points second and each of us get our point guard, etc....? so we aren't all stacked like the olympic team?

is just like fantasy basketball draft. you pick who ever you want

dirk4mvp
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
i can play well with mavs like dirk, jet, kidd, stack but j-ho's shot is hard as hell to get down....its so slow.

The developers made his shot like that to convince everyone he's gonna start driving to the goal again this season instead of shooting jumpers :lol

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
The developers made his shot like that to convince everyone he's gonna start driving to the goal again this season instead of shooting jumpers :lol

you know the one thing i love about this game is the fact that you don't have to wait through the national anthem before you play ball. hahaha. :hat

IronMexican
10-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Change the name then. And nah, you could go a whole draft without drafting one position.

sribb43
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM

in 2k8 it was pretty much spot on...2k9 the f'ed it up

koriwhat
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
ok so i changed the title but it seems to only be changed for my first post and not the thread in general. how do i change the title for the whole thread so it reflects the name change in the forum?

IronMexican
10-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Kori has to do it.

DannyT
10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I might need a couple days cause the rrod....but if nothing else I will just get an arcade version and swap parts on it...also how many people do we hyave now...

Many PackYao
10-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Lmfao:lmaoThe Celtics just offered me Eddie House and Bill Walker for Stevie Francis. I said fuck no !!I guess even the game doesn't think much of these two bitches.:lol

z0sa
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
son of a bitch!

I only play fantasy draft in Association - far more interesting.

MaNu4Tres
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
is anyone down to play online tonight?

angelbelow
10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
i wonder why they dont have ian.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-16-2008, 11:48 PM
i wonder why they dont have ian.

They'll probably update it using the Living Rosters thing once he comes back from injury.

It's gonna suck playing online with the Spurs with Ginobili being out till end of November! In some ways, the Living Rosters feature can work against you! :lol

angelbelow
10-17-2008, 03:40 AM
They'll probably update it using the Living Rosters thing once he comes back from injury.

It's gonna suck playing online with the Spurs with Ginobili being out till end of November! In some ways, the Living Rosters feature can work against you! :lol

haha true dat.

IronMexican
10-17-2008, 09:59 AM

You can grab him. He will be on the bottom of the 12 man roster.

DisAsTerBot
10-17-2008, 04:19 PM
so did this thing ever start???? still need people????

IronMexican
10-17-2008, 09:05 PM
so did this thing ever start???? still need people????

We do. If you want to join, just search "SpurtsTalk"(no spaces) and enter the pass word "123"

Amuseddaysleeper
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
You can grab him. He will be on the bottom of the 12 man roster.

Oh it's on

KidCongo
10-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Fuck me, was simming a season and O.J Mayo averaged 40 points! with 7 boards and 5 assists. Holy shit.

koriwhat
10-21-2008, 02:11 PM
BUMP!!!

so we are still stuck on 10 out of 14 teams huh? damnit! the draft still set for the 24th or what?

dirk4mvp
10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
phucking phail

IronMexican
10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
This shit is pretyt much dead now. And Gears deuce is around the corner, so idk how we get this in.

koriwhat
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
well shit..... i for one definitely want to start a league and do this thing but fantasy wise i don't know about.

anyhow if there is a big enough response i can start a new league and get everyone who is determined to make this thing work; work.

input people? anyone?

let's not let this die, please! let's agree on rules and go from there setting the league up as we all want it to be with custom sliders possibly too.

hit me up in this thread or pm. i can also set some sort of league website up on my server to keep all updated and whatnot. i just need to know that there is definitely people out there willing to get in on this and not just talk the talk.

ps: i only play nba 2k so gears2 isn't a concern of mine or any other game for that matter. i bought my xbox360 when i bought 2k6 and since then i have bought 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9. get the point? we need some serious ballers in on this.

DannyT
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I am down like a bus with 4 flat tires....

MaNu4Tres
10-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Whats the update with this league?