PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez

T Park
10-07-2008, 10:58 PM
if your able to watch the Blazers and Kings on DirecTV right now or whatever, you should.

This guy is unreal, the passing, the shots and all else are something else.

The arena is sold out and sounds like a regular season game.

Also, the Blazers if healthy are winning that division.

ducks
10-07-2008, 11:00 PM
if your able to watch the Blazers and Kings on DirecTV right now or whatever, you should.

yes because first preason game means everything:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:roll in

Solid D
10-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm not watching but Rudy is the real deal...no question.

lefty
10-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Spanish Manu

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Balkman will shut him down :drunk :smokin :troll

SequSpur
10-07-2008, 11:48 PM
I knew this dude when I lived on Zarzamora.

Buddy Holly
10-08-2008, 12:17 AM
6 points in 20 minutes on 3-6 shooting and 0-3 from the three.

What's so amazing?

I'd assume the assists? But on that team, if you're a good passer, you're going to get them.

tlongII
10-08-2008, 12:22 AM

What's so amazing?

I'd assume the assists? But on that team, if you're a good passer, you're going to get them.

You have to see him to understand. He made one pass that went between the legs of the defender on a break and he also converted a bad alley oop by turning it into a reverse layup. He's unreal. Oden is the real deal too. He just overpowers everybody.

Matchman
10-08-2008, 12:37 AM

whats your response to this, lakers fans?

IronMexican
10-08-2008, 12:45 AM

We will say "Andrew Bynum is the hardest worker in the NBA"

tp2021
10-08-2008, 12:46 AM

They are in different divisions, if that's what you're getting at.

Buddy Holly
10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
You have to see him to understand.

We've been watching Manu for 6 years. We are experienced with that type of play.

He made one pass that went between the legs of the defender on a break and he also converted a bad alley oop by turning it into a reverse layup. He's unreal.

Cool. But pretty passes don't equate to "real deal."

barbacoataco
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Anyone who watched the U.S.-Spain gold medal game, in which Rudy was one of the better players on the court, knows he is the real deal. Defense is still a question mark, but the Blazers have the roster to hide him on defense. And at 6'5" he has the length to not be terrible defensively. Also, if Oden stays healthy, he will be very good.

T Park
10-08-2008, 01:25 AM

What's so amazing?

Watch the game and you'd see what I mean.

Stats don't tell the tale.

IMO, he has the potential to be better than Ginobili.

Ice009
10-08-2008, 01:49 AM

lol T Park could be in the lead for the most over the top statement after 1 preseason game.

Although on paper the Blazers look pretty good. If they can come together they could be darn good straight away in Oden's rookie year.

Who knows I might become a Blazers fan. btw from what I saw of Rudy in the USA Spain game he does look likes he's going to be an awesome player. He's the one that could get me onto the Blazers wagon. He seems like a humble hardworking type of guy.

Typhoon
10-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Watch the game and you'd see what I mean.

Stats don't tell the tale.

IMO, he has the potential to be better than Ginobili.

Better than Ginobili? :rollin

You just watch one pre season game and jumped to the conclusion that he can be better than Ginobili? are you out of your mind dude, have you ever watch Ginobili before, seems like you are talking out of your ass to be honest...Manu has accomplish things in Europe in two years than Rudy Fernandez couldn’t do in in seven fucking years and Ginobili accomplishments in the NBA are something that Rudy Fernandez will never even get close too, also don’t forget about the Olympics, they might have similar game styles, but dude Rudy will never be better than Manu.

People forget how fucking good Ginobili was in 2000-2005 he has doing shit that Rudy can only dream to do.

angelbelow
10-08-2008, 02:17 AM
he looked good.

Magic_Johnson
10-08-2008, 02:37 AM

You just watch one pre season game and jumped to the conclusion that he can be better than Ginobili? are you out of your mind dude, have you ever watch Ginobili before, seems like you are talking out of your ass to be honest...Manu has accomplish things in Europe in two years than Rudy Fernandez couldn’t do in in seven fucking years and Ginobili accomplishments in the NBA are something that Rudy Fernandez will never even get close too, also don’t forget about the Olympics, they might have similar game styles, but dude Rudy will never be better than Manu.

People forget how fucking good Ginobili was in 2000-2005 he has doing shit that Rudy can only dream to do.

i've watched him play for years in Europe and i agree with tpark, he can be better than Manu

Darthkiller
10-08-2008, 05:23 AM

he said potentially...

and rudy has been very impressive in his last two games.

urunobili
10-08-2008, 07:23 AM
lmao at all french posters thinking that he can be better than Manu... there are still several american players so called better than him that play highlight reel basketball not winning basketball as Manu does... we will only be able to argue about this if he helps his team to at least three rings on here, he already missed on the Euroleague and European awards and Olympic resume...

intlspurshk
10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I always say he is the one that SPURS should get. Don't know why he fell to Portland's hands. He is going to be excellent. But as great as LBJ, you still need a cohesive team to win the Champion. But Portland may have it. I am 100% sure Portland will be the team to beat after few years, as long as they can keep this team

tmtcsc
10-08-2008, 08:09 AM

That's awesome. LMAO..subtle but hilarious.

Indazone
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Rudy was awesome in the Gold medal game. He'll get plenty of minutes this year.

fotan2
10-08-2008, 08:34 AM
what a pity that he doesnt play for spurs . but it's never too late , if we tank this season , then ricky rubio will be ours .

picnroll
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Isn't Fernandez the pick that Portland bought from the Suns?

Magic_Johnson
10-08-2008, 09:24 AM
lmao at all french posters thinking that he can be better than Manu...

???

tlongII
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Isn't Fernandez the pick that Portland bought from the Suns?

Yes he is. To be fair, he hadn't blown up to the magnitude he's at now when we made that deal.

Solid D
10-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes he is. To be fair, he hadn't blown up to the magnitude he's at now when we made that deal.

Maybe so, but he was known in the brotherhood/sisterhood known as SpursTalk back in the day when Rudy was first draft-eligible as noted in this post from May of 2005. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=271028&postcount=5.

Allanon
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Maybe so, but he was known in the brotherhood/sisterhood known as SpursTalk back in the day when Rudy was first draft-eligible as noted in this post from May of 2005. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=271028&postcount=5.

Was Rudy still around when the Spurs pick came up?

I didn't know much about Rudy until the Olympics, I have gots to admit he's got some serious talent and great size. I think in the NBA, he can turn out to be as good as Manu, obviously he'll never catch up to Manu's world accomplishments. Got damn talent hoarding Blazers.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
IMO, (Fernandez) has the potential to be better than Ginobili.

If you want to proclaim the Blazers the team to beat after one preseason game that's fine...if Oden is considered unstoppable because he can bust out for 13 pts in 20 minutes against the Kings that's great...but this statement goes too far.

Too.......damn.......far.

hater
10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
he is the white Manu Ginobili.

only younger and wilder. :pctoss

Solid D
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM

He actually withdrew his name from the draft in 2005 and wasn't drafted until 2007.

tlongII
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
How the hell are you able to get those "old" posts? Do you have to have some special admin power or something?

xtremesteven33
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Please dont anybody compare Fernandez to Ginobili. Please dont. it seems like any white foreign guy who may come along now who is flashy is the next ginobili.

Ginobilli is a once in a lifetime kind of player. Hall of Famer. Fernandez will be lucky if he ends up an allstar.

tlongII
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
What is up with all the Spurs' fans being outraged at Fernandez being compared to Ginobili??? It's not like Ginobili is Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson or something.

xtremesteven33
10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
What is up with all the Spurs' fans being outraged at Fernandez being compared to Ginobili??? It's not like Ginobili is Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson or something.

of course he isnt. Fernandez is a great talent. but lets hold off on comparing him to Ginobili just yet.

There are people we can compare to Michael Jordan believe it or not when it comes to talent. (Kobe,Mcgrady,Wade)

But Ginobili is a talent that the NBA has never seen before. spurs fans have always said if manu was american he would on the greatness level of Larry Bird. Im not saying that hes GOAT, but he is a one of a kind athlete.

rascal
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Please dont anybody compare Fernandez to Ginobili. Please dont. it seems like any white foreign guy who may come along now who is flashy is the next ginobili.

Ginobilli is a once in a lifetime kind of player. Hall of Famer. Fernandez will be lucky if he ends up an allstar.

Manu will not make the Hall of Fame.

xtremesteven33
10-08-2008, 11:25 AM

If Manu doesnt make the Hall of Fame and Patrick FREAKIN Ewing has already made it.......

:bang

Obstructed_View
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Stupidest post of the day. Manu would make the hall of fame if he never played a second in the NBA.

Allanon
10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Stupidest post of the day. Manu would make the hall of fame if he never played a second in the NBA.

I dunno if he'd be a lock if he never played a second in the NBA but I agree that Manu's a lock to make the HOF, maybe even first ballot.

Martin R
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
he defenetly has a Ginobilesque type of game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PREocudT90

PDXSpursFan
10-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I've seen a lot of Rudy in the past few years and I agree that he's definively the closest thing to Ginobli. There's a lot to be excited about for Blazers fans. Here are the complete highlights of the game last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqSjBYqZio

mytespurs
10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
There is only one Manu but it doesn't mean that there can't be excitement about other talented players like Rudy Fernandez. I'm sure he'll be special in his own way as is Ginobli.

Portland will have growing pains but they should be fun to watch. :hat

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
The Blazers are going to be a fun team to watch this season and for the next few years. That's a good core they have over there.

Solid D
10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
How the h*** are you able to get those "old" posts? Do you have to have some special admin power or something?

:lol No, no special admin power, nor am I a Mod. The "Search" feature at the top of the page is all I used for that. I remembered posting it and just used keyword Fernandez and my Screen Name. In that same thread, in 2005, you were liking Ronny Turiaf, so you had some good thoughts there.

tlongII
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I've seen a lot of Rudy in the past few years and I agree that he's definively the closest thing to Ginobli. There's a lot to be excited about for Blazers fans. Here are the complete highlights of the game last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqSjBYqZio

Those are some SWEET highlights!

SenorSpur
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM

I didn't know much about Rudy until the Olympics, I have gots to admit he's got some serious talent and great size. I think in the NBA, he can turn out to be as good as Manu, obviously he'll never catch up to Manu's world accomplishments. Got damn talent hoarding Blazers.

I've got to admit as much too. Didn't know a thing about him until the Olympics. He's pretty bad ass. The rich get richers.

Rather than waste time futily chasing LBJ, Wade or Bosh in 2010, the plan for the Spurs should be trying to "scoop up " some of the expected talent overload runoff from the Blazers. :downspin:

nkdlunch
10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
holy shit, Oden looks like a hybrid of Duncan + Shaq!!!

If spurs suck this year, I am rooting for the Blazers

koriwhat
10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
those highlights were amazing.... well rudy was. his passing is just phenominal.

rAm
10-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I love watching him during the olympics and I am excited to see him improve playing in the NBA.

Blazers will be a fun team to watch for the next couple of years!

xtremesteven33
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
im gonna love watching Rudy play. im gonna have to switch my 2nd favorite team to the Blazers this year.

IronMexican
10-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, overpowering Miki Moore is impressive:sleep

Don't forget Spencer Hawes.

DPG21920
10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, overpowering Miki Moore is impressive:sleep

Oden looked really good, especially considering he has not played ball in over a year. Moore is a better defender than Okur, and you wet yourself with how Bynum played.

ducks
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
manu will make the hall of fame

ducks
10-08-2008, 02:08 PM

wrong again

tlongII
10-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Well dont worry, in a couple of weeks we will put this whole Oden vs Bynum shit to rest. We will be glad to hand the Blazers their first loss of the season.

Miki Moore is 6"11, 225 soaking wet... I can push him under the basket.

Yes we will. I wonder if Bynum will ever want to play basketball again after the game?

ducks
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM

because 90 of this forum hsa a fit if you say something bad about manu

wtf have you been

tp2021
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I actually am intrigued by Oden vs. Bynum. Its an oversimplification, but to me its almost like big defense vs. big offense.

ducks
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I actually am intrigued by Oden vs. Bynum. Its an oversimplification, but to me its almost like big defense vs. big offense.

great now espn will have blazers vs lakers every fucking holiday

DPG21920
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
It is not a matter of one game. Only a fool would judge things by the first game between these two. No one is jumping ship. As much as everyone hates the Lakers, most Spurs fans still give them props and enjoy watching their brand of basketball.

tlongII
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Kevin Pritchard said Oden vs Bynum will be MUST SEE TV for the next 10 years.

Darthkiller
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
why are people saying that rudy is the white ginobili. Ginoibili is white last time i checked(italian).

rAm
10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Notice how many Spurs fans are ready to jump the ship thats sinking in the riverwalk? What a bunch of bitches to be slobbing on the knob of a team that might get an 8th seed.

I wouldn't say slobbing at the knob, but the Blazers are stacked with a lot of young talent who could be on different teams in the future. Plus with all that shitstacked talent, they are going to be a fun team to watch.

You can still be a fan of another team without sacrificing your fandom from another. Oh and who cares if the team will be in the eighth seed? I guess it makes sense coming from a Laker fan who won't watch his team if they aren't making the playoffs that year. Bitch..

Bruno
10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
There is a tremendous difference between being a talented player and being a great NBA player.
Rudy is very talented and it is far from being new. He had a tremendous season in Europe last year.
Being a consistent contributor in NBA isn't easy. It will likely take Rudy some time and isn't a sure thing.

MB20
10-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Rudy is a young Ginobili. Portland got a steal there.
He will be a great NBA player.

Buddy Holly
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
LOL at the Laker fan.

You own Laker fans were cheering the Clippers when Kobe couldn't get out of the first or make the playoffs so please stfu about loosey goosey fans.

Oh yeah, the Spurs, in a much smaller market, have been in the playoffs 28 out of 32 seasons. And if we count ABA, 31 out of 35.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
lmao at all french posters thinking that he can be better than Manu...

So for those who are of a different race, you shouldn't lmao at them?

urunobili
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
So for those who are of a different race, you shouldn't lmao at them?

last time i checked being french doesn't make you be from a different "race" not even ethnicity... it's a nationality thing... :)

thus... i admit i was wrong i just should have called out Magic...

Nikos
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep Rudy is a stud in the making. Has the potential to have a Ginobili type of impact -- borderline all star type with all around skills on a title contending team. It might take him one more season before he starts playing consistent ball -- but he has the potential to be a 17-5-4-2 type of guy in 32mpg+.

He does remind me of Ginobili in that he can score from anywhere, can pass, rebound, and MAYBE defend? Not sure if he moves as well on D as Ginobili, but his offense Internationally was better than Manu's was statistically.

Strangely enough Manu had the same PER in Europe as he does in the NBA. So maybe Manu is actually BETTER suited for the NBA?

Rudy lead all of Europe with a PER of 32 this past season. Really impressive to put up that type of production in the ACB. No International player had that high of a PER for the last 7-8 years in any league. So you know Rudy's offense is TOP NOTCH in Europe.

Rudy is sort of like a cross between Kevin Martin and Manu Ginobili. He moves really well without the ball, is good in the fastbreak, and can hit the three. He has a better jumper off the dribble than Manu -- but Manu is a better slasher in the halfcourt. He doesn't really PLAY like Manu, but he has an all round game without being insanely athletic at the NBA level. Just well rounded with good basketball IQ. Both are excellent passers with flair.

The future does look really bright for the Blazers. If they are all healthy they will easily compete for the title for several years. Rudy could easily end up being a Manu type of player for them. They already have Oden-Aldridge-Roy as their core. Bayless could be a stud for them too off the bench.

I expect Rudy to play somewhat like Manu did in the second half of his rookie season --and have some tough spots. If his defense ends up being really bad then he might not play extremely well this season.

Should be fun to watch them play the Spurs.

Solid D
10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
why are people saying that rudy is the white ginobili. Ginoibili is white last time i checked(italian).

"People" would be a misnomer. A single person named hater called Fernandez the "white Ginobili". He's not named thinks-things-through-guy nor wise man, he is named hater.

lefty
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Certain players have a certain greatness about them when it comes to winning. Manu is not as good as Jordan or Magic, but he obviously was cut from the same material as those guys. Rudy has some flash and a nice stroke, but the same can be said about Belinelli from the Warriors. Lets wait to see if Rudy can be the best player on the biggest stage when it counts. Hes nice though.

+1

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
We must wait to see for NBA but any person think Rudy is as good in Europe as Manu was is crazy. Is this joke?

T Park
10-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow, didn't think this would get that big of a reaction.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Notice how many Spurs fans are ready to jump the ship thats sinking in the riverwalk? What a bunch of bitches to be slobbing on the knob of a team that might get an 8th seed.

Who's fucking jumping?

I'm a basketball fan first. I can distinguish between enjoying another team (and they're not finishing 8th) and rooting for my favorite team. It's really not that hard of a concept -- well, except for you, so it seems.

underdawg
10-09-2008, 01:33 AM
You jackass!!! Since when do the Lakers dont make the playoffs??? Can you say 55 times in 60 years!!! We dont have time to think about cheering for other teams. Our team is toooooooo busy getting to the finals...29 times in 60 years. Still, shocked to see some of the ship abandoning in this thread.

But to be honest, I see what you guys are doing. You giving yourself another team to cheer for against the Lakers if the Spurs tank this year... what a turd of a fan you are:lol

Please tell me again - what's that trophy called again when you make the playoffs? Don't take any substance in stupid and naive so called Spurs fans calling it quits - they're just fakers fans that have migrated to San Antonio. What fuc___kin moron thinks the Spurs don't have a legitimate chance of winning the title this year? If you're that idiot, can you please kindly remove the huge thumb from your ass for a second and explain this to me? I really would appreciate your super intelligent input.

Allanon
10-09-2008, 02:26 AM
From today's Portland/Warriors game:

Rudy Fernandez led the team in scoring with 15 points.

15 points
7 assists
6 steals
5 rebounds

He did have 6 turnovers but I can overlook that with that statstuffing line from tonight...6 steals? Sounds like he can defend as well as pass and score....like a mini-Manu

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-09-2008, 03:18 AM
From today's Portland/Warriors game:

Rudy Fernandez led the team in scoring with 15 points.

15 points
7 assists
6 steals
5 rebounds

He did have 6 turnovers but I can overlook that with that statstuffing line from tonight...6 steals? Sounds like he can defend as well as pass and score....like a mini-Manu

He is no smaller then Manu. He is skinny but not even much more then Manu was in similar age. He is as tall and as long arms at least. Listings they gives for some of these players is pure crap.

Darthkiller
10-09-2008, 05:22 AM
and he just sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter

dn0774
10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
and he just sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter

maybe he is the next Manu after all?

Magic_Johnson
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
last time i checked being french doesn't make you be from a different "race" not even ethnicity... it's a nationality thing... :)

thus... i admit i was wrong i just should have called out Magic...

yeah because i am the only one who think that.:rolleyes

urunobili
10-09-2008, 08:06 AM
yeah because i am the only one who think that.:rolleyes

ok ok... my bad... shame on all posters that may have even think that Rudy was close to Manu on his European career... on the NBA and international scene... it's yet to be seen... we'll see how close he gets to that...

mountainballer
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Yep Rudy is a stud in the making. Has the potential to have a Ginobili type of impact -- borderline all star type with all around skills on a title contending team. It might take him one more season before he starts playing consistent ball -- but he has the potential to be a 17-5-4-2 type of guy in 32mpg+.

He does remind me of Ginobili in that he can score from anywhere, can pass, rebound, and MAYBE defend? Not sure if he moves as well on D as Ginobili, but his offense Internationally was better than Manu's was statistically.

Strangely enough Manu had the same PER in Europe as he does in the NBA. So maybe Manu is actually BETTER suited for the NBA?

Rudy lead all of Europe with a PER of 32 this past season. Really impressive to put up that type of production in the ACB. No International player had that high of a PER for the last 7-8 years in any league. So you know Rudy's offense is TOP NOTCH in Europe.

Rudy is sort of like a cross between Kevin Martin and Manu Ginobili. He moves really well without the ball, is good in the fastbreak, and can hit the three. He has a better jumper off the dribble than Manu -- but Manu is a better slasher in the halfcourt. He doesn't really PLAY like Manu, but he has an all round game without being insanely athletic at the NBA level. Just well rounded with good basketball IQ. Both are excellent passers with flair.

The future does look really bright for the Blazers. If they are all healthy they will easily compete for the title for several years. Rudy could easily end up being a Manu type of player for them. They already have Oden-Aldridge-Roy as their core. Bayless could be a stud for them too off the bench.

I expect Rudy to play somewhat like Manu did in the second half of his rookie season --and have some tough spots. If his defense ends up being really bad then he might not play extremely well this season.

Should be fun to watch them play the Spurs.

very good description and comparison.
I also see the crucial point abou his success in the NBA in his defense.
but Manu was also far from a good defender when he started playing in Italy. in fact he was very bad. to weak, bad positioning, moving over the court like a chick in panic and gambling for steals to much.
the comparison of Rudy to Manu is absolutely appropriate.
Rudy is slightly smaller, but maybe even a little faster and more mobile.
(he doesn't have an above average wingspan. it's just that his thin arms look longer).

it will be interesting if the Blazers try to play him alongside Roy, who plays the point.
Rudy has the speed to defend PGs and Roy is strong enough to defend the average sized SG. this back court still wouldn't form a defensive wall of course, but would be a fantastic versatile offensive back court.

rascal
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
manu will make the hall of fame

Manu will not make the hall of fame.

T Park
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
if drazen petrovic made it Manu ginobili will make it easily. His world championships Olympic and NBA accomplishments will get him in.

Buddy Holly
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Yes he will you gigantic ass hat.

On the basis of his international career alone he will make it.

z0sa
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM

:lmao

not even counting the all-star appearance or near finals MVP performance in 2005 hes in

hater
10-09-2008, 01:13 PM

:lol at the jealous laker fan. Just because your team gets no love from other fans. Blazers were asssembled the right way, not bought with tons of $ and through collusion

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
ok ok... my bad... shame on all posters that may have even think that Rudy was close to Manu on his European career... on the NBA and international scene... it's yet to be seen... we'll see how close he gets to that...

But you have to admit he has the potential to be as good or better than Manu.

urunobili
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
But you have to admit he has the potential to be as good or better than Manu.

He has the same chances George Hill has... but i agree that the guy is pretty good and the potential is there to be as good as... better... not so sure mate.... not many basketball players in the world could claim such thing...

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
He has the same chances George Hill has...
George Hill is a baller.

but i agree that the guy is pretty good and the potential is there to be as good as...
:tu

better... not so sure mate.... not many basketball players in the world could claim such thing...

True that, but this kid has that uniqueness to him that not many players have. I'm not saying he'll be better than Manu, but he has a chance.

tlongII
10-09-2008, 05:58 PM
He has the same chances George Hill has... but i agree that the guy is pretty good and the potential is there to be as good as... better... not so sure mate.... not many basketball players in the world could claim such thing...

:lmao

Ginobilly
10-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Everything aside, just imagine if Manu Ginobili and Rudy Fernandez played on the same team?................I think I just wet my pants:wow

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Rudy was not that great in Europe. Ignore please all idiots here who keep say this lie. Compare him in Europe to Manu? :lol:downspin::blah:rollin:nope:ihit

He has never even been consider at any time in his career best player in Europe. This talk here is a stupid joke. We will see how he does in NBA but please stop re-write history of Europe basketball like American fans always do with their nonsense. Just like the same way you re-write history about how good was Jasikevicius in Europe. This crap is ridiculous.

Same crap about how good was Sabonis in Europe.

All 3 have in common was never ever best player in Europe EVER and stupid Americans keep repeat these lies over and over.

SpurSupremacist
10-10-2008, 02:32 AM
He can be better than Manu because he can jump higher. That is lolworthy.

hater
10-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow this guy could really be better than Manu!

He is clearly the 2nd best player in the Blazers already. I can see he already got a better shot than rookie Manu and is way more athletic.

sexinthatsx
10-29-2008, 02:42 PM

wow... you're retarded...

sexinthatsx
10-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Just face it... no matter how good the lakers are, the fact of the matter is we hate the lakers and no one will cheer for your sorry ass team

The Truth #6
10-29-2008, 04:51 PM
wow... you're retarded...

Explain.

byrdman31
10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Explain.
Ginobili is Argentinian, which i would classify as Hispanic not white

hater
10-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Im just glad Fernandez is in my fantasy team. He will get tons of minutes.

sexinthatsx
10-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Ginobili is Argentinian, which i would classify as Hispanic not white

thank you byrdman

byrdman31
10-29-2008, 11:05 PM
:toast

Josepatches
10-30-2008, 05:12 AM

Zamora?

Rudy is great.He had a great talent and he's young to improve.Here in Spain we have a great national team that could be better in the future when Ricky Rubio gets more experience and when we add to the team new young players like Victor Claver or Sergi Llul.

But if I have to take one player from Spain for the Spurs I will try to get Marc Gasol from Memphis.It could be very difficult take Rudy from the blazers.Marc could be better than Pau.He doesn't have the talent of Pau but he is much stronger and harder than his brother.He's better than 2 Obertos together

Josepatches
10-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Rudy was not that great in Europe. Ignore please all idiots here who keep say this lie. Compare him in Europe to Manu? :lol:downspin::blah:rollin:nope:ihit

He has never even been consider at any time in his career best player in Europe. This talk here is a stupid joke. We will see how he does in NBA but please stop re-write history of Europe basketball like American fans always do with their nonsense. Just like the same way you re-write history about how good was Jasikevicius in Europe. This crap is ridiculous.

Same crap about how good was Sabonis in Europe.

All 3 have in common was never ever best player in Europe EVER and stupid Americans keep repeat these lies over and over.

Sabonis was the best player in Europe in 1995 when he came to the NBA.He was the Euroleague Final Four MVP and he won the tittle with the Real Madrid in 1995 along with 1993 and 1994 spanish ACB league.Nobody In Europe was as dominant as he was in the mid-90's.

I'm not sure if Rudy wasn't the best player in Europa last year.At least I don't know who was better than him.Maybe he wasn't the better but he was very close.If I have to take one I will pick Papaloukas but he wasn't as good as last 5 years.

This year the best player in Europe could be Juan carlos Navarro or Felipe Reyes,both from the spanish national team