PDA

View Full Version : WTF does it matter?

101A
10-08-2008, 07:42 AM
In the midst of a worldwide capital depreciation nightmare; the Fed printing money at an unprecedented rate, and the govt. committing as much money in a couple of weeks as has been spent in Iraq since the beginning of the was, NEITHER presidential candidate has scaled back ANY of their plans of proposed tax cuts.

They are BOTH lying. It is not the same environment as it was 30 days ago. Both candidates WANT to be president; feel they deserve to be president. NEITHER has the stones to admit they CANNOT do what they propose.

Pussies.

boutons_
10-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Nothing but the usual disconnect from campaign promises and performance in office.

Did anybody hear dubya and dickhead promise, or even say, in 2000 campaign that they were going to invade Iraq, no matter what?

dubya, dickhead, Repugs, neo-c*nts, conservatives have so fucked up and poison-pilled the federal govt and economy, that the next Administration is already and more so in a straightjacket of extremely limited options.

Anti.Hero
10-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Republicans have fucked up, and we will see the Democrats use every excuse to become Big Brother to saaavvveeee us.

How is Dubai this time of year?

101A
10-08-2008, 09:41 AM
How is Dubai this time of year?

Not bad.

You got construction experience?

Working REALLY tall buildings?

Anti.Hero
10-08-2008, 09:42 AM
nah I'm broke and inexperienced. I was thinking of the exodus of our wealthy.

hater
10-08-2008, 09:45 AM
they are both full of shit. I did not see any sense of urgency from them last night. bullshitters!

spurster
10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately, no pol can talk responsibly about taxes when so many people believe in free money, i.e., deficit spending without consequences.

Wild Cobra
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
NEITHER presidential candidate has scaled back ANY of their plans of proposed tax cuts.

Really?

From what I heard on the debate last night, McCain said he wanted to leave the rates alone. Did I hear that wrongThe only thing I heard him address was increasing th Child Credit, which confused me because the figure he quoted would have increased the Exemption rate for children Not the credit. Two different things. One comes off the taxable income, the other is treated as taxes paid for reducing taxes. I taped it since I only saw the first 30 minutes. Did he change from that remark earlier?

byrontx
10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Reagan ran the budget up thought the roof. Clinton brought it back down. Bush made Reagan look like a piker even with his party in control. The dems have the better recent track record.

An exodus of the rich?-not likely. No candidate makes it far without the blessings of the economic elite.

Wild Cobra
10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I just repeat party line propaganda...

How many times are you liberal lemmings blind to all the factors behind that propaganda? Here are a few forgotten facts:

President Regan inherited a double digit inflation rate. and E series bond that matured in 5 years paying double what they sold at.

President Clinton rode the waves of Wall Streat success paretially fueled by the Y2K scare in technological development, and the new internet age. This momentum was strong enough, tax increases were not a burden at the time. The Bubble burst, and he gave president Bush a recession.

President Bush has not been a good president on econimics, except for getting taxes cut. Neither was his father, who approved raising taxes. Still, one more thing to remember. Congress is in charge of making the budget. It is at least as important to look at who controlls congress.