I cannot see the game, please give me some comments

MaNuMaNiAc
02-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Go here

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/live/NBA_20050213_SA@MIA

IX_Equilibrium
02-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Some of the worst play by play and color commentationg I have ever heard:

Brent Assburger: So, Dr. Jack, what do you think of the Spurs depth?

Jack Ramsey: Oh, its very nice.

Doug Collins must be sick or something.

td4mvp21
02-13-2005, 02:11 PM
well spurs up by one at the half parker and ginobili are playing excellent yet duncan onlyl has three points and is not playing very good. we arent shooting well, but we are hanging in there.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I didn't see much of the first quarter, but they seem to be pushing Tim out away from the block when they can and when he does get the ball, Miami brings help immediately.

Tim is holding the ball too low when he's got his back to the basket, though.

They started moving Tim around some toward the end of the half and that helped.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Duncan's playing much better now and has taken it upon himself to get into position to score with confidence.

Brent Barry is stinking it up right now, though. Bad pass, hurried shot leading to three at other end.

coz
02-13-2005, 02:44 PM
"Brent Assburger: So, Dr. Jack, what do you think of the Spurs depth?

Jack Ramsey: Oh, its very nice."

This is so true it's embarrassing.....

I don't think I've ever heard a worse job in my life. These guys are killing me.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Parker is playing extremely aggressive and once Shaq went out for a rest, TP starts taking it in every time off the high screens. He's got 22 points through 3 quarters.

Gino's twisting, underhand finger-roll from the baseline was a little Gervin-esque.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Spurs have been playing with a small lineup for the past 3 minutes. TP, Manu, Bruce, Devin and Horry.

They've gone ahead from being down by six, 72-71

Solid D
02-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Pop got all over Devin for not shooting when he was open on the wing and the next play, Devin takes a three and nails it. :)

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
The biggest key right now is still absolutely NO defense.

This is honestly one of the worst defensive efforts of the season. Shaq is out of the game and we cant pull away. Its not looking very promising at this point.

Up until this game I have said Spurs were a lock for a championship because noone can take us in 7 games. After watching the Heat today it looks like the east could once again take it this year.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Spurs are forcing it a bit too much going to the basket and aren't able to convert. TP then Manu then TP again taking tough shots on drives.

Wade going uptempo made a very nice 1-hander from 7 feet away. Nice touch at high speed over Devin. 75-78. Heat. 8:48

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Shaq and Tim and Rasho back

Beno, Devin backcourt, Bowen, Tim and Rasho.

Tim off side screen roll behind back pass from Devin, 16 foot baseline j swish!

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Duncan guarded by Haslem. fouled. 2 FTs by Tim, Spurs regain lead. 79-78.

Rasho is fronting Shaq, lob over the top, Rasho fouls. 2 FTs by Shaq good. Those FTs actually had some nice arc on them. :wow

Duncan fed on the other end, misses down low but fouled. 2 FTs by Tim good, 81-80

Very close game throughout, start to finish.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Udrih tripped and pushed from behind no call and he misses the lay up. Eddie Jones misses a 3pt shot, Tim rebound. Tim turnover. Wade schools Bowen for two.
81-82 Heat

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice job by Rasho knocking lob to Shaq away.

Udrih misses leaner at close range. Tim turns it over, lost handle.

Wade with a top of key jumper off screen, swish. Early offense.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:12 PM
We might as well just have Duncan and Shaq out there shooting FT's for the game because that basically what the last 3 minutes has equated to.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Shaq misses dunk after two Duncan FT's

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Rasho late in shot clock, hook over Shaq long, Tim reb. and fouled.

2 FTs by Tim good Spurs lead again by one.

Shaq misses dunk, :wow was he fouled?

Bowen misses corner three he had all day, too.

TO on Miami, carrying the ball.

Parker floater over Shaq no good.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Has Nesterovich even seen Shaq today? Shaq has been behind him ALL game long. This front side D we are playing is getting destroyed. Yet we continue to play it.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Duncan reject Wade on fast break. Tim misses wide open jump shot. Noone gets back on D and Damon Jones buries a 3 that will be the dagger.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Manu with the twisting layup! yes. How'd he get throught there?

Shaq hacked on reb. 1 of 2 FTs. 85-84.

Tim misses bank shot, Timmy blocks Wade, yes.

Uptempo but can't do anything. Miss by Timmy top of key. Fast break rt. wing DAmon Jones, 3 good. :( Those were some key misses.

adrien
02-13-2005, 03:22 PM
tony has not made pts for a long time now

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Turnover on the Spurs because Tim is in la la land. Devin Brown somehow fouls Dwayne Wade even though he has position for the loose ball...

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Wade swishes two FT's off of loose ball foul. Duncan fouled by Damon Jones on other end makes both.

89-82 Heat

Shaq bullies through Duncan for two. Parker misses a wide open 3.

87-91 Heat

Shaq over Duncan again. Devin hacked by Shaq no foul. Parker steal ball from Jones. Manu gets to the rack makes the lay up and gets fouled. Makes FT.

90-93 Heat

Miami shot clock violation.... defense? In this game?

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Devin beats Wade to ball but Javie calls foul on Devin. Both were going for the ball and Devin actually got there and dribbled it.

Wade shaken up hitting press table with his head.
2 FTs by Wade good.

Tim foulded by Shaq, 2 FTs good.

Down to Shaq guarded by Tim on left block. Backs him down, bank shot good.

TP misses rt wing 3.

Wade takes it in for score, up by 6.

TO but TP steals it back. Gino in for the layup and 1, yes! FT good. 90-93.

Ball went off DAmon's leg but Miami ball. 5 sec. on shot clock.
Shot clock violation on well defended shot off glass. Spurs ball.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:30 PM
51 sec. left. Gino takes it off high screen over Shaq. layup good.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Ginobilli of the Duncan screen get the lay in over Shaq. Foul?

Wade hit jumper puts Heat back up by 3.

Ginobilli gets hit in the face by Shaq in the lane, no call.

Miami ball 95-92 6 seconds left.

Game over

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:33 PM
To summarize....

If we want to beat the Heat in the finals we better find a way to stop them from getting to the basket. 50+ points in the paint and noone on this team looked halfway capable of guarding Shaq or Wade.

Que Gee
Pops subsitution pattern this game has been absolutely HORRIBLE

picnroll
Manu fouled by Shaq ion the drive. No call.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Heat played good D down the stretch. Spurs can't convert shots when they needed to. Devin's foul on the loose ball hurt. Wade and Shaq down the stretch on offense.

Leo_ARG
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
So, who should be blamed for this loss? :P

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:39 PM
What did Barry do in the game? The bench played like crap today plain and simple. That plus our complete inablility to guard Wade or Shaq when it really counted are why we lost this game. We always win when we score over 90. It wasnt the offense that was the problem today.

Devin Brown 2/3 5pts 4asst
Brent Barry 1/4 3pts 1blk

Yeah Brent Barry over Brown would have made a huge difference....

Spurminator
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
The Heat are f'real.

I hope the Pistons beat them in the Playoffs.

Solid D
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Barry and Devin both laid eggs in the 2nd half. They were late on rebounds, also. Just taking up space and minutes. They did nothing and that hurt the Spurs.

Rasho was disappointing on offense. It was just basically Tony, Tim and Manu doing everything.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
There should have been a call on Shaq for clubbing Manu in the face on that drive with like a minute left.

I hate refs, and I hate Shaq.

picnroll
02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Rasho has to knock down a few of those wide open shots ffrom the FT line.

Manu20
02-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Tony had 22 points Manu 24 and Duncan 20 no one else came to play.
DNP for Rose.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Tony had 22 points Manu 24 and Duncan 20 no one else came to play.
DNP for Rose.

I smell a trade coming

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Duncan's defense could have been better, he just let dwayne wade drive all over him like if he had no height advantage.

boutons
02-13-2005, 03:46 PM
the Spurs offense sucked, 39%, in the face of the heat defense. We've seen this before, anybody plays decent defense, and the Spurs offense disappears.

Spurs starting front court sucked, 7 - 24 FG%. Rasho's 11 RB neutralized by his 2-10 shooting. Smart heart coaching move, leave rasho open, it worked.

Spurs got killed in the paint, 48 - 34.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Rasho took 8 wide open jumpers and missed them all...which is why they kept letting him open at the FT line.

The commentators only said it 50 times, the heat aren't going to guard rasho until he hits a shot...luckily, they didn't have to worry about his ass all game.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:53 PM
First time Ive known Rasho shooting 10 times in a game with Duncan.

THats good, now, if he can do this every game, knock down 40 to 50%.

Then hell start rolling.

Hey, he did dunk twice.

boutons
02-13-2005, 04:09 PM
horrible 5 days for the Spurs, playing WAY UNDER their capabilities:

give away a game to the sucksters @WAS

a horrendous 3 qtrs @Nets, then a lucky break to pull it out

cold shooting and bad defense, front court sucks, killed in the paint @MIA.

ouch, @NO has not been pushed over recently, they're getting their sh!t a little bit together. They will obviously being psyched up for the Spurs, and all of you people expect the Spurs to play down to a crappy opponent.

Rodeo road road trip has not shown the Spurs to be getting tough and battle-ready.

From this bad dip in the season, we're back to SPAM.

Gerryatrics
02-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Barry and Devin both laid eggs in the 2nd half. They were late on rebounds, also. Just taking up space and minutes. They did nothing and that hurt the Spurs.

Bones played three minutes in the second half, five seconds in the fourth quarter... So obviously the loss is all his fault :shootme.

The Spurs didn't deserve to win this game. The refs helped out fate making sure that didn't happen. I think it's Pop's special time of the month or something, not only did his player rotations suck, he chewed out players for making freakin' jump shots. Brent Barry hits a three, and on the way back down the court Pop starts screaming at him, he doesn't hit another shot the rest of the game. Bowen was knocking down corner threes left and right, then Pop starts yelling at him after hitting another three, and he goes cold. Maybe he was trying to make sure that down the stretch the only ones taking shots were Manu and Parker driving into quadruple teams and just chucking it at the basket, or Timmy trying to break down Shaq one on one. Add the subpar defense and some questionable calls, the Spurs were lucky it was as close as it was.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Brent Barry hits a three, and on the way back down the court Pop starts screaming at him,

Your positive it was at Barry??

couldve been at the refs for a missed call.

Apparently Pop was on there ass all day.

Gerryatrics
02-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Bones didn't have anyone near him when he took the shot, so there wasn't really anything for him to get on the refs about. After hitting the three, Brent went back on defense, then looked over towards the bench, put out his hand in a what!? sort of gesture and yelled something. ABC went to a wide shot and Pop was standing there stabbing his finger and yelling something. The closest ref as I remember was well off to the side. Could be wrong though, I didn't tape the game so I can't go back and check. Feel free to correct me if the footage says differently.

Maybe he blew a defensive assignment the previous play or something, but I don't know why Pop would wait until right after he hits a big shot to chew him out, instead of right after he blew the play or during a time out. I'm not saying he blew a play by the way, I don't remember anything like that, just saying it's possible.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Hmm.

I may be wrong, but USUALLY pop doesnt chew a guy out for no reason, unless its something he did.

I of course will be immediately ripped for that comment as being a pop sucker.

But, didnt see the game and dont know.

Solid D
02-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Bones played three minutes in the second half, five seconds in the fourth quarter... So obviously the loss is all his fault :shootme.

The Spurs didn't deserve to win this game. The refs helped out fate making sure that didn't happen. I think it's Pop's special time of the month or something, not only did his player rotations suck, he chewed out players for making freakin' jump shots. Brent Barry hits a three, and on the way back down the court Pop starts screaming at him, he doesn't hit another shot the rest of the game. Bowen was knocking down corner threes left and right, then Pop starts yelling at him after hitting another three, and he goes cold. Maybe he was trying to make sure that down the stretch the only ones taking shots were Manu and Parker driving into quadruple teams and just chucking it at the basket, or Timmy trying to break down Shaq one on one. Add the subpar defense and some questionable calls, the Spurs were lucky it was as close as it was.

Brent's poor play was not the reason the Spurs lost. He certainly didn't help much. As recorded in the play-by-play comments on page 1 of this thread, Brent came in with the Spurs trailing by one. He threw a very loose lob pass that went off the backboard to nobody in particular leading to a Shaq reb. dunk at the other end. Then he took a bad-looking three, not even squared-up, from the wing after TP worked for a reb. That shot led to an up-tempo fast break three pointer by Brent's man, the off-guard Damon Jones. Spurs down by 6. Pop got upset with the D to be sure.

The Spurs bench gave them almost nothing today. What? 11 points?

The game had 22 lead changes and was close all the way to the end. To say the Spurs were lucky it was as close as it was is an intriguing statement since the game was so close the whole game. Spurs D was lacking, as it has been with a small lineup. This was not one of Pop's better games, strategy-wise, but a break here and there in the last 2 minutes makes the difference in a W and an L.

A killer play was Devin's bad pass to Tim, knocked away by Wade and as both Wade and Devin went for the loose ball...Javie made a call on Devin even though he got to the ball first. That was a key empty trip leading to an immediate 2 points at the other end. Wade made a nice jumper, and the Spurs couldn't make a big shot to match in the last minute. A small margin for error in a game with 22 lead changes. Miami deserved the win when they made stops at a critical juncture.