PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones news

Evan
10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Supposed to be something big coming out on channel 11 in Dallas here in a few minutes at 6pm

Evan
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Involved in a violent scuffle last night (Oct 7th)

Dallas Hotel

Management of hotel not talking

Multiple sources

Police called

Jones was arguing with a body guard

Fight in a bathroom with a body guard

Mirror broke

Hotel security broke them up

Left hotel without paying tab

No police report filed

No comment from Cowboys

No comment from Jones

Hmmmmmmmmm could be anything. Could be nothing....

Evan
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
This will be swept under the rug shortly

T Park
10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
fucking pacman just can't grow up

Evan
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
fucking pacman just can't grow up

Stuff like this happens on every NFL team every week...problem here...it happens all the time with this dude. Unreal.

PeterBurns
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
uh oh.....

PeterBurns
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Here's how this goes down.
Pacman gets in the fight....Drama goes down.
Team gets notified
Team calls Head Honcho at Hotel has a quick talk
Hotel Head Honcho calls staff meeting.....Giving a gag order to staff.

Evan
10-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Here's how this goes down.
Pacman gets in the fight....Drama goes down.
Team gets notified
Team calls Head Honcho at Hotel has a quick talk
Hotel Head Honcho calls staff meeting.....Giving a gag order to staff.

Exactly.

Also note this was apparently a a Ludacris CD launch party or something.

The Cowboys as well as most high profile sports teams have people that take care of these things quickly and quietly with big brown bags of money.

PeterBurns
10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Exactly.

Also note this was apparently a a Ludacris CD launch party or something.

The Cowboys as well as most high profile sports teams have people that take care of these things quickly and quietly with big brown bags of money.

Well this won't be good. If the Ludacris part is true. It's going to be an issue.
They won't even let Pacman go to a charity Volleyball tournament, no way in hell they would let him roll to a Luda party.

Police report was probably filed, which will state his name. Although no charges were filed, might be interesting to see if Goodell addresses it.

With Roy and Terrance out....imagine this will get swept away faster than a shanty in wake of Ike

Evan
10-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Well this won't be good. If the Ludacris part is true. It's going to be an issue.
They won't even let Pacman go to a charity Volleyball tournament, no way in hell they would let him roll to a Luda party.

It will be handled with care by the Cowboys and no way do they let him go.

Police report was probably filed

No police report filed

That body guard is paid by the Cowboys and I am sure he is paid off as well. Strict ND agreement upon hiring.

I just read an account from someone at that party and he claims nobody amongst the masses there heard or saw anything.

samikeyp
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
A nothing incident but when you have the track record Pac-Man does...brought on by himself...even the little things get attention.

Evan
10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
A nothing incident but when you have the track record Pac-Man does...brought on by himself...even the little things get attention.

yup

Viva Las Espuelas
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
i wonder what hansen has to say about this.

Trainwreck2100
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
figures he's do something the day after i changed my sig

Pistons < Spurs
10-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Cowboys' Pacman gets in fight with bodyguard at Dallas hotel

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a downtown Dallas hotel on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas police.

Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, first reported Wednesday that Jones was involved in an altercation at the Joule Hotel in Dallas, damaging a bathroom.

Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Chief Golbeck told the News he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight.

"Someone from the business called police," Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. "Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left."

Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment. The Dallas Cowboys said they had no information about the incident and also had no comment.

A source told ESPN that NFL Security has been notified and is investigating.

It was apparently a coincidence that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell visited Cowboys players at their Valley Ranch training complex Wednesday. Goodell suspended Jones from the league for the entire 2007 season for violating the NFL player conduct policy.

Before meeting with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Goodell said to reporters in San Antonio: "Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively.

"I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well."

Goodell suspended Jones in April 2007 after an accumulation of arrests and legal problems.

At the time of his reinstatement Aug. 28, Jones said: "I know my responsibilities to the NFL and I'm going to hold my own and do what I need to do to make sure I stay where I am right now, which is reinstated. I work hard every day to make sure I don't make the same mistakes. Can I say I would never ever make the same mistakes? No, I can't say that. I'll make sure I put myself in way better situations than I have put myself in the past."

The Cowboys acquired him from the Tennessee Titans in a historic trade in April. Jones became the first player in NFL history to be traded while serving a suspension.

The expectation is that Jones is likely to be called to New York to explain his conduct to Goodell, a source close to the player said. Jones' reinstatement is contingent upon his ability to conduct himself appropriately.

Deion Sanders, who has acted as a mentor for Adam Jones since his arrival in Dallas, was also at Valley Ranch on Wednesday, ESPN.com's Matt Mosley reported.

Compounding the potential consequences for the Cowboys is that Jones has been starting at left cornerback for Pro Bowler Terence Newman, who is attempting to confirm a preliminary diagnosis of a sports hernia injury that could sideline him for a minimum of six weeks if surgery is required.

In a sitdown interview with ESPN just before the start of the NFL season, Jones explained his decision to provide Jones with a four-man security detail at the team's expense.

"We have in place a staff here that really is good at monitoring what our players do," the Cowboys owner said. "Now I say this at the risk of knowing that in the next minute or in the morning I could get a phone call. ...When you're dealing with the numbers of people that we're dealing with and get some news that isn't too savory. On the other hand, this does call for an awareness on the part of any player that he is being monitored and the reputation of our team is at stake."

In his two decades of owning the Cowboys, Jones has established a reputation for taking risks on players who fit a specific profile. Jones says they must have a uniquely big work ethic, an intensely competitive personality and no history of substance abuse.

Before completing the trade, Jerry Jones told ESPN he sent investigators to Tennessee to research every incident in which Adam had been accused of wrongdoing and was so thorough in his background check that he and an assistant personally looked into every person to whom Jones wrote a personal check to determine the quality of people with whom he was associating.

Jerry Jones said he specifically informed Adam Jones he had lost most of his benefit of the doubt and underscored the privilege of playing in the NFL and wearing the Cowboys uniform.

"When we do have a player come to the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said, "I really do expect him to understand that, 'Look you've stepped on some bright lines you may even have gone over them certainly, and we've got to really get it back in the middle because all your benefit of the doubt is gone.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432

Vinnie_Johnson
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry but Pac is a Dumb shit if this is all true what a waste. Well we will get to see the young corners now.

Chris
10-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown -Mickey Spagnola

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was reportedly involved in an incident with his body guard at Joule Hotel, a Dallas downtown hotel, while attending a Tuesday night party for rapper Ludacris.

Police were called to the scene, but no incident report was filed, according to the Dallas Police Department, and consequently no charges were filed, either, since no individual or management at the hotel wanted to press charges.

A source close to Jones says the incident is being overblown, and that if there was a serious confrontation involving Jones causing police to be called to the scene surely an incident report would have been filed by the police department.

The Dallas Police Department said it needs a complainant to file an offense if an offense had occurred, but evidently after interviewing those involved in the incident there were no charges filed that would have led to an offense report. Evidently this is not the first time Jones has had differences with his body guard, who is charged with making sure Jones doesn’t go places he shouldn’t and keeping him out of confrontations with other people.

The NFL has had no comment on the report, but Jones’ timing was bad since NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was in town on Wednesday and even spoke to the entire Cowboys team following their afternoon practice.

Goodell did answer a question about Jones before news of the Tuesday night incident was reported, saying, “Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making good choices as he goes forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself or the Cowboys or the NFL.”

Jones was fully reinstated by Goodell just before the start of the 2008 season after being suspended for violation of the league’s newly-instated personal conduct policy in April of 2007. Since being drafted in the first round by the Tennessee Titans in 2005, this is the 13th time Jones has attracted police attention.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones took a chance this off-season by trading for the troubled cornerback, giving Tennessee a fourth-round pick and will owe the Titans a sixth-rounder if Jones completes this entire season without being suspended by the NFL. If he does become suspended, the Titans will owe the Cowboys a fifth-round pick back in return.

This incident comes at a bad time since the Cowboys could be without Pro Bowl corner Terence Newman for an extended period of time. Doctors are trying to determine if the strained lower abdominal wall that shelved him for this past game is a sports hernia and in need of surgery. If surgery is necessary, Newman could be out for more than a month.

And it is Pacman Jones who has been and will be starting for the injured Newman.

- Mickey Spagnola

Jimcs50
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Ironic thing is that Roger Goodell was at Valley Ranch that very day checking on things. So Jones picks that day to act like a thug again.

Evan
10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
update

Dallas Cowboys are taking no action.

shocker

samikeyp
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
update

Dallas Cowboys are taking no action.

shocker

Well if the police are not filing charges...no action to take. Interested to hear Goodell's take on all this.

Anti.Hero
10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Cowboys are like the NY Yankees and the Portland Jailblazers all rolled into one.

samikeyp
10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Cowboys are like the NY Yankees and the Portland Jailblazers all rolled into one.

with better looking cheerleaders. :)

Evan
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM

Look at every NFL team
Look for people who have gotten arrested
List all teams

And the Cowboys are the team who have gone the longest without an arrest.

Bigzax
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
pacman can't escape his ghosts!

Evan
10-09-2008, 01:07 PM

he seems to have a pretty severe drinking problem

jack sommerset
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM

sure he can. its going to take time. but he seems pretty stupid so you are probably right.

Jimcs50
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
The guy is a a blight on society and gives all black athletes a bad name. He needs to be suspended again.

Bigzax
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
i don't see nothing wrong with throwin some bills in the air and brutha's have altercations from time to time...

until he breaks the law, ain't no big deal...

and Jerruh gonna do whatever it takes to keep him on the field, especially with newman out...

Obstructed_View
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
What a stupid ass. We'll see what the commish has to say.

JudynTX
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
:wakeup Fighting your own bodyguard! Nice.

Anti.Hero
10-09-2008, 06:56 PM
bodyguard? probably just his babysitter.

Obstructed_View
10-09-2008, 07:15 PM

Yeah, he was hired by the Cowboys to keep an eye on slackman. Surely he's told Jerry Jones what actually happened, since he's on the payroll. That cover story is about as lame as any they've ever come up with.

samikeyp
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM

You are right on both.

Pac-Man didn't break any laws (that we know of) and no charges were filed so the Commish will probably not do anything. Still, if you have a disagreement, handle it like a man and not some wannabe gangsta thug.

jack sommerset
10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
If the media keeps this story going he will be suspended.

Biernutz
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected] ([email protected])

Officers arrived at the trendy downtown hotel around 11:03 p.m. Tuesday night and didn't leave until 1:30 a.m. Police originally reported the incident happened at 1:30 a.m. but later admitted a mistake.
An incident report stated police were called because of a disturbance between two men and a woman who were arguing and fighting.
The incident was over when police arrived. Hotel employees said they had overheard a scuffle in the men's restroom. Police believe an assault had occurred.
Hotel management said a glass light switch plate was broken but said everything was fine. The hotel bill was paid.
The police report said Adam Jones hit Tommy Jones in the bathroom, and it appeared Adam Jones had been drinking alcohol. When Tommy Jones declined to press charges, the police ended their investigation.
Adam Jones and three teammates were at the hotel's nightclub, PM, attending a private event for the rapper Ludacris, who was in town promoting a movie and his new album.
When the party was over, Adam Jones and a small group moved to the lobby area, where problems arose.
A Dallas police officer who asked that his name not be published told WFAA-TV he was at the scene during the incident.
"At first I thought he [Adam Jones] and his bodyguard were playing," he said.
The officer said he heard Adam Jones ask his bodyguard, Tommy Jones, "Why are you following me?" The officer said he then heard what sounded like a mirror shattering.
The officer said the men were separated and said, "It was no big deal."
James Shepherd, who owns several record stores in Texas and Oklahoma, said he was invited to the party by Ludacris' record label.

Shepherd said he witnessed Adam Jones yelling at his girlfriend inside the men's bathroom of the hotel.
"As soon as I opened the door, I saw him arguing with a female," said Shepherd, a Grand Prairie resident. "One of the people from the hotel grabbed me from the back and pulled me away. He was yelling at her and he had his finger all in her face."
A source close to Adam Jones denied the incident with the woman took place.
The episode raises questions about whether the Cowboys can trust Adam Jones.
Jerry Jones said he does, and seemed surprised the cornerback got into trouble.

"Candidly, it never occurred to many of us that he might have an incident that would be anywhere public, or close to being public, with an individual that was sitting there to keep that from happening," Jerry Jones said.
"He has no room to wiggle. The very reason I am sitting here shows how little room he has to wiggle. He is ... on a high wire without a net."
How Goodell will respond to the incident is unclear. Adam Jones has been arrested six times and involved in 13 incidents requiring police intervention since entering the league in 2005.
"The reality is, I don't think there's any misunderstanding about the position Adam has put himself in with respect with his behavior," Goodell said on the radio show.
Shirley Dunn-Hanks, the general manager of the Joule, declined comment Thursday. Any damage to the restroom where the altercation took place had been repaired.
Adam Jones, who practiced Thursday and is expected to start Sunday's game at Arizona, apologized to his teammates for the distraction.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/101008dnspocowlede.7a4023.html

Obstructed_View
10-10-2008, 09:46 PM
It's amazing that Jerry continues to say that Pacman has "no wiggle room" but then won't suspend the fucking scumbag.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2008, 10:40 PM
It's amazing that Jerry continues to say that Pacman has "no wiggle room" but then won't suspend the fucking scumbag.

He can't, if he suspends him one game, he's acknowleging that there was an incident and Pac is suspended by the league again.

BacktoBasics
10-11-2008, 10:58 AM
If it wasn't Pacman Jones this wouldn't even be a story. People get into to arguements all the time big fucking deal. You guys are buying the media hoopla just like they want you to. The guy is still allowed to be a human being. Its not as if he got into some kind of altercation at a club or bar.

Obstructed_View
10-11-2008, 09:43 PM
If it wasn't Pacman Jones this wouldn't even be a story. People get into to arguements all the time big fucking deal. You guys are buying the media hoopla just like they want you to. The guy is still allowed to be a human being. Its not as if he got into some kind of altercation at a club or bar.

I've never been in a shoving match with another person in public that caused the police to be called. Nobody else on the Cowboys has been in a shoving match that caused the police to be called. Pacman Jones can't stay out of trouble and we're only a month into the season? Please. I'm fully aware of media feeding frenzies, but don't even try making excuses for the man.

If it wasn't Pacman Jones there wouldn't have been an incident, because only Pacman Jones is stupid enough to get into trouble when he's on a "zero tolerance" leash by the NFL and has millions of dollars hanging in the balance.