PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
This guy is just incredible. He is killing us today while playing almost the entire game. He has to be near the top in the league in minutes per game. If not for Lebron this guy would be the biggest super star in the league.

baseline bum
02-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Damn, Bowen fought over the screen and Duncan rotated to him and Wade still hits nothing but net.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Wade IMO, is the best PG in the game.

Parker and Nash very close behind.

boutons
02-13-2005, 03:50 PM
duncan did not rotate well on the wade's last picnroll, leaving wade open. we screwed up the screen defense

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:54 PM
duncan did not rotate well on the wade's last picnroll, leaving wade open. we screwed up the screen defense
I thought the SAME EXACT thing.

Duncan should have helped, because Wade was clearly on fire that game...

On the other hand, after the pic, shaq started to roll to the basket.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Duncan's ankle I think can be blamed on alot of defensive and offensive problems today.

Duncan just wasnt moving well out there today according to Schoening.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Wade IMO, is the best PG in the game.

Parker and Nash very close behind.

Wrong,Nash,Kidd,Parker,best PG. in the game.WADE is very good,but not in the class yet.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Wrong,Nash,Kidd,Parker,best PG. in the game.WADE is very good,but not in the class yet.
Which is why Wade took over the game as usual.

I think Wade is the reason why the Heat are winning, not Shaq.

If the Heat could keep either shaq or wade, they would have a better record with Wade.

iminlakerland
02-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Wade has been in the league for only 2 years but this guy plays with so much confidence its amazing. He carries himself like a veteran and he is the guy you want to go to on your team with time running out.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Thats right.

The guy is only 2 years in and hes already got Manu clutchness.

Hes very good defensively, hard to stop when he goes to the hole.

The guy has an amazing offensive game and an amazing feel its just awesome.

Easily numero 1.

iminlakerland
02-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I wouldnt go as saying hes the best pg in the league. He is up there but i dont think at this point you can say that he is. The kid is great but i think one or two more season and i personally could say that he is the best pg out there.

The_Game
02-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Wade is a SHOOTING GUARD and has been for a couple of months now. Damon Jones is their point guard.

Wade is a great player and it could be argued he is a top 5 shooting guard

Kobe
Mcgrady
Iverson
Allen
Wade

Lebron is a SF which is why i havn't added him in there.

T Park
02-13-2005, 05:13 PM
The offense goes through Wade, so thats why Id like to think hes the PG.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Actually if I am not mistaken Lebron plays at the 2, McInnis plays the 1 and they rotate a number of guys at the 3.

Wade is a 2 guard though who plays PG minutes very rarely now.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
The offense goes through Wade, so thats why Id like to think hes the PG.

Our offense goes through Duncan.... ;)

Wade is about as much of a point guard as Allen Iverson is.

Phenomanul
02-13-2005, 07:16 PM

Exactly.......

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 07:22 PM

AI is #6 in the NBA for assists per game.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Wade is not a PG.

exstatic
02-13-2005, 07:44 PM
They didn't scout him very well. He continually beat SA on the P'n'R, and always to the left, much like NVE. They needed to force his ass right.

His point numbers look good, but 28 points on 26 FGA isn't that great. He did come up big late.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Wade also had a few turnovers too many. But yeah he stepped up in the clutch.

Ultimately weak defense, and substandard offensive execution in the end did them in. Especially when they force fed Duncan to that obvious Wade steal. I think a lot of players could have made that kind of steal, but yet the Spurs forced it in with poor results 2-3 times.

exstatic
02-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I think they should have done some work with Duncan in the high post, especially late, when Shaq was covering him. That would open up all KINDS of back door cuts.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah. To me their offense looked shaky down the stretch. Manu had a few nice drives, but aside from those drives they just seemed out of sync. Duncan seemed a bit out of sync too, and it resulted in a confused/rushed offense.

boutons
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
"they just seemed out of sync"

Well, the Heat were also on the floor, and executing a good defensive plan to deny Tony/Manu drive from the high pic/screen, and to double Tim quickly, pushing him out from the low block. Today felt like playoff games 3-6 vs LAL. Stop the driving, clog the paint, make Spurs shoot jumpers (ignore Rasho as shooter to double anybody else in the paint)

Throw any defense at the Spurs, and they struggle badly, imo. Two tests of my opinion are HOU and MEM @SBC after the ASB. HOU beat us twice in low-scoring games that held the Spurs offense well, and MEM beat us before Fratello had really got MEM under his influence.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Thats great, but even the Heat struggle against some weak defensive teams too. A couple of games does not mean the Spurs struggle against just ANY defense.

Today it seemed their defense and offense were below average. The Heat weren't exactly that great on offense either, they just made plays down the stretch. Shaq was their most efficient/dominant force tonight.

boutons
02-13-2005, 11:16 PM
"A couple of games does not mean the Spurs struggle against just ANY defense."

There just aren't many defenses in the NBA at all, but for the few there are, Spurs look feeble.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
There isn't many defenses in the NBA? Do you mean the best teams happen to not have good defense?

Pistons and Bulls have excellent team defense. Dallas is actually very good themselves this season.

boutons
02-13-2005, 11:44 PM
"Do you mean the best teams happen to not have good defense?"

yep, PHX and SEA don't play good defense, they play very primarily we-out-score-your-offense and pretty much don't make a serious effort on defense.

Yep, Spurs @DET and @CHI will be tough games to win, since both play a pretty good defense. The Spurs will struggle to score.

MEM, under Hubie and now with Mike, play at both ends. We got 3 games against MEM.

HOU also plays a troublesome defense. 2 more games with them. MIA played a good defense today, but Stan is a good coach, like his bro, who get their teams to play defense.

That's about it in the entire NBA for teams that play defense.

Nikos
02-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Cavs, Mavs, Heat are all solid defensive teams.

boutons
02-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Mavs, I'm not sure, yet. The Heat, I said were good.

but I don't see the Cavs as defensive, their stats aren't that impressive.

whatever, giver or take one, that's about it. and I bet from the small group that plays defense will emerge the NBA titlist.