PDA

View Full Version : Horrible officiating

Walton Buys Off Me
02-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Can this game be more one-sided?

The referees have literally given the Heat six points- Shaq's travelling not called and Wade's offensive foul- both translate to three point plays for Miami.

This is basketball's major flaw.

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Hell if they would let me just shove my way through people and dunk I could probably put up Shaq type numbers too. Isnt there something about a defender with established position.....

My guess is the league realizes this is a finals preview and they know if we sweep the Heat during the regular season than the finals will get terrible ratings. So today they are going to do anything to help the Heat win.

Thats just MY conspiracy theory though :spin

smeagol
02-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Can this game be more one-sided?

The referees have literally given the Heat six points- Shaq's travelling not called and Wade's offensive foul- both translate to three point plays for Miami.

This is basketball's major flaw.
This sounds too much as a LakerFan talking.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Smeagol, the refs have been bad

Spurgal
02-13-2005, 03:36 PM
The game sucked!

texbumTHElife
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Smeagol, the refs have been bad

They have actually been bad on both ends. I counted several travels by Rasho that went uncalled. The officiating as bad as it was, was still noticabely lop sided to the Heat though.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
The refs sucked, but that is no excuse for losing the game.

Rasho blew so badly, couldn't shoot anything for his life. Duncan didn't wake up until the 2nd half.

Manu20
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
The refs sucked!

baseline bum
02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I have no complaint about the refs today. The Spurs just played terrible basketball.

ladiesman
The refs are not the reason they lost this game.... Poor shooting, combined with a poor defensive effort are the reason they lost this game....

TNT21
Was that last drive by Manu not a fucking foul? Let's see, Manu was in the air, and fucking gorilla boy damn near knocked his ass out of bounds!! And lets hear it for Rasho, how many fucking open shots are you going to take?? Get a clue asshole! If you're not making your shots pass the damn ball!! Horrible game!!

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:43 PM
uh, no one said THEY are the reason.

Spurs bad shooting and bringing there D game lost the game.

But the refs didnt help.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Horrible game!!

so he misses some shots, and its an automatic bad game?

Guess Defense dont mean squat.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:46 PM
so he misses some shots, and its an automatic bad game?

Guess Defense dont mean squat.
that some was 8 shots to be exact.

8 shots missed out of 10.

Rasho shot 80%....80% of shots missed.

ladiesman
02-13-2005, 03:47 PM
uh, no one said THEY are the reason.

Spurs bad shooting and bringing there D game lost the game.

But the refs didnt help.

I was just voicing my opinion smart ass... I think I'm entitled to one.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I was just voicing my opinion smart ass... I think I'm entitled to one.
t park doesn't believe in others opinions.

ladiesman
02-13-2005, 03:48 PM
t park doesn't believe in others opinions.

I guess having wet dreams about Rasho will do it to you.....

boutons
02-13-2005, 03:49 PM
"Was that last drive by Manu not a fucking foul?"

yes, clearly, shaq go on the body, and on the arm after the shot. superstats get their calls

TNT21
T park, look, I'm all for taking a wide open shot, but DAMN, if you're not making them pass the ball around!!

T Park
WTF.

All I said was NO one said it. You acted like everyone said they are the reason.

Fuck you alvarez, who are you with your attitude, chill the fuck out.

T Park
02-13-2005, 03:50 PM
If hes open, he cant pass it up. If he passes up an open shot hes just gonna be left open to critisizm that "He never shoots"

The guy cant win in here.

SHOOT more, he does, SHOOT LESS

goddamn.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:52 PM
WTF.

Fuck you alvarez, who are you with your attitude, chill the fuck out.
You want me to chill the fuck out, that's exactly what I am doing, I knew from the 1st quarter we were gonna lose.

Now look at what you said, and maybe you should be the one to

chill the fuck out

tsb2000
02-13-2005, 03:53 PM
"Was that last drive by Manu not a fucking foul?"

yes, clearly, shaq go on the body, and on the arm after the shot. superstats get their calls

Not only that, but Shaq left his feet and came into contact with Manu. :wtf

picnroll
02-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Shaq was on Rasho and gave him the foul line jumper clogging the paint. If Rasho can't hit those and Shaq can sit in the paint Spurs are pretty well screwed. Would have been nice to have Malone taking those shots.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I guess the refs really did blow cock this game, they let the fans control their damn calls. I hate refs.

smeagol
02-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Complaining about refs is weak, IMO.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:00 PM
if they are bad, were supposed to just say nothing smeagol?

whottt
02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I think the officiating was biased in favor of the Heat...but that shouldn't be any kind of suprise since they are the best team in the East.

Bottom line is that the Spurs were in it at the end, despite playing poorly, and the Heat executed better down the stretch.

Refs may have been the reason it was close...but they weren't the reason the Spurs lost.

I look on the brightside...I think the Heat played what was for them an above average game, while the Spurs played really badly, were getting jacked just a bit from the refs...and still only lost by 4 points.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I know the refs weren't the best possible, but they aren't the reason why the Spurs lost. They only played a little part in that.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:08 PM
exactly what i said alvarez.

Spurs brought there D Game

Heat brought there A Game

Barry Brown Udrih played mediocre

Duncan played on one leg, and you only loose by 4???

Im happy with that. Not happy we lost, but better than other things I guess.

smeagol
02-13-2005, 04:12 PM
if they are bad, were supposed to just say nothing smeagol?
Precisely.

In the long run, refs' decissions even out. They might be the reason you loose a game today, they'll be the reason you win one tomorrow.

Go into LG.net. All you here about is "Refs suck" and "The reason we lost against the Pistons was biased officiating".

IMO, complaining against refs makes you sound like Laker Lanny.

picnroll
02-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Spurs shot 56% from the three 9-16 and 84% from the line 21-25 so it wasn't all bad on offense. Shaq hit an unusually high FT% from him (to Rasho And Mass's credit they fouled Shaq early limiting his dunks) and crappy mid-range shooting (Rasho) and TD's being passive in the 1st half killed us.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-13-2005, 04:14 PM
refs suck, call the game both ways,we all saw that MANU was foul at the end.For a minute their it seems we were playing the lakers of the past.Refs missed it they must felt it was the SPURS vrs. SHAQ lakers

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Smeagol.

Im sorry, but if the refs suck, wich more often than not, those bozos do.

You call em out.

Just because some laker fans use it when they loose by 30 doesnt mean we cant use that as a description of the game.

WIll have to seriously disagree 100% with you.

td4mvp21
02-13-2005, 04:29 PM
the refs really did suck. it reminded me so much of the lakers refs. alot of phantom calls, alot of no calls, especially the two at the end against ginobili. but we did not execute and that made it seem alot worse. the refs really did favor the heat. it was pretty bad.

T Park
02-13-2005, 04:56 PM
well.

They are Lakers East now so. Gotta come to expect that.

Supergirl
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Refs did suck, I concur. Shaq got away with a LOT of travelling and offensive fouls. Duncan got the calls (and made his FTs, hallelujah) but the ones who kept getting hacked with no calls that I saw were: Udrih, Brown, and Manu. No surprise on the first two - they rarely get the calls, certainly not on the Heat homefloor. But I was surprised and how Manu kept getting hacked without any fouls called.

But, I agree with Tpark - Spurs played a mediocre game, with Timmy on one leg, Rasho still working his way back into the game (he did have a couple key blocks, though) and the bench playing pretty low energy. Heat played their asses off, and barely won. I like our chances in a 7 game series. Besides, the Heat needed this game more than we did - they don't want to go into a potential finals match up down 0-2.

Rummpd
02-13-2005, 08:52 PM
"Devin beats Wade to ball but Javie calls foul on Devin. Both were going for the ball and Devin actually got there and dribbled it."

I was going insanely mad that Wade got the call even though glad he wasn't hurt - he plowed over and off of Devin.

Simple BS.

boutons
02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
The last three Spurs games have been pretty shitty efforts. If the Spurs continue the shit Wed and play down to the Hornets @NO, they could go 1-3 for the last week of the road trip. Minus some the luck of VC self-ejecting, their shitty play could have been 0-4.

Then there is the ASB, followed by, boom, boom, HOU and MEM @SBC, where the pretext for bad effort will be that the Spurs "got rusty", and/or "our AS participants got tired" over the ASB. Need several games to shake the cobwebs out, to rest up. :)

boutons
02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
yes, the Wade/Brown call was BS. Devin did turn his body, but no harms or hand contact, into Wade a bit to send him flying, but I can't remember if Devin had ball control at that point.

Gummi
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I thought the game was officiated in a good way. In every game we're going see some bad/missed calls. I really can't remember a single bad call in the entire game. The Wade/Brown incident was 50/50. Both players could've been called for it but the it turned against us, unfortunatly.

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 07:43 AM
"Wade had a steal on Miami's next trip, and gave the crowd a scare when he fell near the first row of courtside seats after being knocked down by San Antonio's Devin Brown." AP article

Am I wrong or was Brown dribbling the ball at the moment they collided - once he does that why does not he have equal or more right to ball - he goes to line = 4 point swing = possible ball game.

I rarely complain about calls but I might be missing something here as the Spurs did not seem to protest the Wade call, everyone was obviously concerned first re his health,but once he got up, why no concern with right call?? Or did they make right call??
'

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 09:49 AM
The refs are not often the reason that a team loses a game but I think this particular one qualifies. It was decided by only four points and some really poor calls/non-calls were made down the stretch. I'll not go into details because they've all been mentioned in the thread already.

The Spurs didn't bring their A game but they played well enough to win imo. I hate seeing a game marred by very poor officiating.

Jimcs50
02-14-2005, 09:53 AM
:baby

smeagol
02-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Lots of Laker Lanny clones roaming around the board.

Jimcs50
02-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Lots of Laker Lanny clones roaming around the board.

Amen.

We have more whiney ass pussies on this board, than every other board in the country.

Fucking bitches......spoiled bitches.

The Spurs have the best record iin the NBA, man, I do not think even Clipper fans whine as much as you bitches. :rolleyes

Rick Von Braun
02-14-2005, 10:11 AM
:lol

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Lots of Laker Lanny clones roaming around the board.You are just a mindless drone who tries to conform by thinking that any complaints against refs are "poor form". You are no better than a garden variety sheep with no insight.

Referees are human beings that are prone to error like any other human and guess what... they can affect the outcome of games. If you think that refs are so infallible that they never affect the outcome of games then you are indeed very ignorant. It's akin to believing that a doctor could never botch a surgery because of his rigorous training. A human is human. They are not automatons that can be perfectly impartial irrespective of their training or their efforts.

There are many who cry wolf about the officials and claim they affect the outcome of games routinely but in reality they are well trained and it does not happen often. This is the first game this season that I've felt officiating was a factor in the loss.

You can continue to tow the party line in thinking any complaints about officials is taboo. You will no doubt have many other sheep support you. Rest assured that the human desire to conform is quite strong as evidenced by the "home court calls" that (in your understanding of the officials) shouldn't really exist.

Yet they do. Hmmmm...

sbsquared
02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
During the Spurs/Nets game, even Bill Land commented on the Refs. His comment was,"I don't usually say anything about the officiating, but they are really calling some ticky-tack fouls against the Spurs."

So, I think it is not necessarily homerism when people point out that sometimes the Refs can affect the outcome of a game. There were are least two instances in yesterday's game where a bad call resulted in a 4 point swing against the Spurs. Considering we only lost by 4 - hmm, ya think the Refs affected the game?!

picnroll
02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Form Ginobili

Wade followed with a jumper with 25 seconds left — All-Star guard matching All-Star guard — bringing up the critical sequence. Down by three points, with about 10 seconds left in the game, Ginobili drove again.

He admitted later it was a poor choice. Ginobili says he should have pulled outside for a 3-pointer and a chance to tie the game.

But Gregg Popovich's teams have often gone for the quick two points in that situation. This time, when Ginobili went up for the short jumper, Shaq was there. Shaq got the ball, and some of Ginobili's arms, too.

Enough for a whistle? "Sometimes you get that call," Ginobili said without anger.

I like Ginobili's approach better than cry babies like Mobley.

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 10:50 AM
During the Spurs/Nets game, even Bill Land commented on the Refs. His comment was,"I don't usually say anything about the officiating, but they are really calling some ticky-tack fouls against the Spurs."

So, I think it is not necessarily homerism when people point out that sometimes the Refs can affect the outcome of a game. There were are least two instances in yesterday's game where a bad call resulted in a 4 point swing against the Spurs. Considering we only lost by 4 - hmm, ya think the Refs affected the game?!
Hey, nice avatar!

Jimcs50
02-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Let us not get the facts in the way of your bitching and crying.

Total fouls:

Miami 21
SA 21

Fts made:

Miami 21

SA 21

The Heat were at home, the home team, and the team that shoots more from the inside(The Heat) are usually going to get more calls.....but it can be said in the game that the Spurs got more calls than they deserved on the road. They shot many mnay more shots from outside than the Heat....usually those teams do not get the same number of fouls, but the Spurs did....SO STOP YOUR FUCKING BITCHING!!!!

SpursChampsIII
02-14-2005, 11:03 AM
The absolute worst call in this game was the foul against Bowen when Wade jumped into him and got the 3-point play. Bowen was completly stationary and there is no way that should count. The officiating on this road trip has been horrific at best, especially the last 3 games.

sbsquared
02-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree that the Spurs should have played better so that the bad calls didn't affect the game. However, I wonder if the Spurs just got in a funk because of the poor officiating in the last few games. It seemed like the Spurs never got in the flow of the game and couldn't get any consistency. Every time they tried to make a run, there would be a whistle.

It seemed the same way in the Nets game - that is until the 4th quarter when the Spurs just really poured it on and played through the bad officiating.

But after several games of getting hacked and beaten up on - I just wonder if it didn't affect them more mentally.

smeagol
02-14-2005, 10:45 PM
You are just a mindless drone who tries to conform by thinking that any complaints against refs are "poor form". You are no better than a garden variety sheep with no insight.
If what you derive from three simple posts of mine is that I'm a "drone" and a "mindless sheep" then you are the imbecile other posters call out you to be.

Referees are human beings that are prone to error like any other human and guess what... they can affect the outcome of games.
True. It does not happen often, though.

If you think that refs are so infallible that they never affect the outcome of games then you are indeed very ignorant.
Link?

It's akin to believing that a doctor could never botch a surgery because of his rigorous training. A human is human. They are not automatons that can be perfectly impartial irrespective of their training or their efforts.
Blah, blah, blah. What the fuck has this to do with you sounding like a crying pussy.

There are many who cry wolf about the officials and claim they affect the outcome of games routinely but in reality they are well trained and it does not happen often. This is the first game this season that I've felt officiating was a factor in the loss.
As I said before, crying about refs is weak. It doesn't matter how many times you do it.

You can continue to tow the party line in thinking any complaints about officials is taboo.
Again, show me were I said this, moron.

You will no doubt have many other sheep support you. Rest assured that the human desire to conform is quite strong as evidenced by the "home court calls" that (in your understanding of the officials) shouldn't really exist.
What are you talking about? Go back and read my posts. This has nothing to do with what I said.

SequSpur
02-14-2005, 10:57 PM
The Spurs lost because Miami was the better team.

Next................

exstatic
02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Fts made:

Miami 21

SA 21
:lmao WTF kind of "stat" is that? Miami had 5 more attempts, and that doesn't count a few "do-overs" on phony lane violations that only Shaq seems to get. Five is a pretty huge discrepency considering the final score, and the fact that the Spurs were fouling at the end.

TwoHandJam
02-14-2005, 11:04 PM
If what you derive from three simple posts of mine is that I'm a "drone" and a "mindless sheep" then you are the imbecile other posters call out you to be.Not that I care but since you're fascinated with links as evidence, where's your link to the multitudes of posters calling me out?

True. It does not happen often, though.This is almost verbatim (look it up) what I said in my previous post. Please tell me you noticed that you are in fact agreeing with what I said. I said refs rarely determine the outcome of games, but it does happen.

Blah, blah, blah. What the fuck has this to do with you sounding like a crying pussy.So you agree that officiating mistakes occasionally determine the outcome of games but if you mention it, you're a crying pussy. Right. Consistency isn't your strong point.

Obviously what I said flew right over your head and I don't enjoy paraphrasing so it's time to get back to your flock where anyone who mentions the officials is LakerLanny. Hope you have a nice life where everything is black and white and things are easier for you to understand.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Seems like Smeagol pays a lot of attention to TwoHandJam doesn't it?

Smeagol, you're from Argentina, congrats on having electricity buddy, let alone a computer- nice work. They still use Coca-Cola as a means of contraception over there?

Anyways, do you do anything other than simply react to other people's posts? What do you bring to this forum? I mean I don't recall (not that I would waste my valuable time searching for or reading your crap) you actually bringing an original take to this place. Someone starts a thread, you wait for people to form opinions on it, then decide what side of the fence to sit on- always the side with the most votes- that's your 'schtick', it always has been. This place was built by people like TwoHandJam and myself- people who call it right down the middle, people who have the nuts to swim against the current when the truth is found there. I'm the straw that stirs the drink over here pal and I got chunks of guys like you in my stool. Kori and timvp need me like Argentina needs Manu Ginobili- without me, this place is about as eventful as one of Marcus Bryant's Saturday nights. You? You're just one of the hundreds in here that says yes sir, yes sir, three bags full (or in your case, being Argentinian, that would mean 1 bag) whenever it's time to line up and agree with popular opinion.

You can't hang with the big boys, run along Clarice.

smeagol
02-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Ohh, the two pussy canadians ganging up on poor old Smeagol.

Walton, Walton, is this the best you can do:

Smeagol, you're from Argentina, congrats on having electricity buddy, let alone a computer- nice work. They still use Coca-Cola as a means of contraception over there?
This is why you are a classless piece of shit of a human being. I have electricity and a computer, not because I live in Argentina, where there is plentry of both, you ingnorant fuck-o, but becasue I live in Manhattan and I'm probably way better off then what you will ever be.

This place was built by people like TwoHandJam and myself- people who call it right down the middle, people who have the nuts to swim against the current when the truth is found there.
Arrogant asshole, you built nothing. Your takes are usually complaints about something or other. You are no where to be found when the Spurs win, but you are all over the place when they loose. Go suck rascals dick, another asshole that probably enjoys your takes.

I'm the straw that stirs the drink over here pal
????
You are nothing but an ignorant piece of mierda (thats shit in spanish, oh retarded One).

Kori and timvp need me like Argentina needs Manu Ginobili
Nobody needs you. In fact, we are better off without you.

- without me, this place is about as eventful as one of Marcus Bryant's Saturday nights.
This place thrives with or without you. If you decide to leave, take your little pet, TWJ, with you.

And by the way, your last take about trading Barry was as horrible as most of your takes. Instead of watching Baskeball, concentrate of watchiong curling, an exciting sport you Canadians invented.

Extra Stout
02-15-2005, 01:14 PM
As soon as I saw that Steve Javie was on the crew, I knew the game would be poorly officiated. The Spurs got screwed on some calls, but then again so did the Heat. It was irritating, but it didn't decide the game.

Jimcs50
02-15-2005, 03:30 PM
:lmao WTF kind of "stat" is that? Miami had 5 more attempts, and that doesn't count a few "do-overs" on phony lane violations that only Shaq seems to get. Five is a pretty huge discrepency considering the final score, and the fact that the Spurs were fouling at the end.

Read my lips. The Heat were at HOME. They shot twice as many shots inside that the Spurs and their happy bombers shot. 5 extra attempts means nothing if you do not make them. They each made 21 FTs...even-steven. If the Spurs would have rebounded better, and played better interior defense, they would have won the game...no excuses...they got beat...nuff said.

picnroll
02-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Any chance this thread dies before the playoffs?

travis2
02-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Kori and timvp need me like a nasty case of herpes in the @$$.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I sense a losing streak for you Spursies!!!!
:flipoff :flipoff :lmao

BigVee
02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
If anyone would know about losing streaks, it would be a wolves fan.