PDA

View Full Version : Friendship Help

NorCal510
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
So I've known this dude since I was like 7 (I'm 17 now). We've always been pretty close, but he was never really that "best" friend. Always asking for money, inconsiderate, him first. On top of that, he is soft spoken and does not bring much to the table. We've always hung out though... he lives in my neighborhood and we grew up with each other. I currently have a class with him and I drive him to and from school.

I also hang out with some other guys, known them just about the same time. We recently haven't been inviting him when we do things (school activities, hanging out, etc.) because he can be annoying and he is just dead weight. A lot of the guys criticize him and joke around, yet I don't feel the same. It's hard to explain... I've known him too long to talk bad about him but in a way I sometimes rather get away from him.

He found out that we purposely do not invite him places and that us as a group talk trash about him occasionally (He specifically asked me if this was true and I did not know how to respond). He's been really down... and doesn't really talk much. I feel bad cause I've known him too long and I'm not the kind of person to want someone to feel bad because of my actions. I really don't know what to do. The group I hang out with doesn't want him involved, I don't really mind him not being there, but I hate to hurt our friendship. How can I go about this...?

timvp
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Shenanigans.

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey man, i got the same friend just like your case

If you hang around him too long you end up being like him or get nowhere....what i do with other friends, i dont bring him along or talk trash about him, you know who your real friends are, and what they can or cant do for you....sometimes you gotto understand your friends circumstances, maybe he doesnt hang out cause their anti-social or have financial difficulties (bumb freeloader).....

dirk4mvp
10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
sounds like you 2 faggots are about to break up.

samikeyp
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Be a man and tell him to his face how you feel. Don't be a bitch.

If you want him around, then tell your other friends. Again, don't be a bitch.

CuckingFunt
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm not the kind of person to want someone to feel bad because of my actions.

Then don't act like an asshole. Problem solved.

Slydragon
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
So you want to follow the crowd? then Hang with the group and talk about him also.

Want to be man? Then tell the group you like to have him come along or tell him the current situation

MrChug
10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Cut the cord kid...everyone needs to "cleanse" themselves every once in a while of leeches. I've done it a dozen times.

Take my advice: Surround yourself only with those you can learn from

ShoogarBear
10-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Answers all over the place here.

Sounds like you want to continue to be this guy's friend (maybe his only one). So you got to set straight the other guys you hang out with. Maybe they'll even respect you for it.

td4mvp21
10-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Tell him straight up that he gets on your nerves.

hater
10-09-2008, 09:16 PM
homoerotic advice forum

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
ur friend, he give you ATM?

to21
10-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Sounds to me like you already have made your choice.

You have already left him behind.

monosylab1k
10-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Just tell him we're in tough economic times and you've gotta let him go. Offer him a decent severance package.

Blake
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
tell him you don't invite him because he's inconsiderate, always asks for money and is dead weight.

Yeah, it sucks to be the mean guy, and you'll probably lose his friendship, but it doesn't sound like youre losing much.

BacktoBasics
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Poor yak

tp2021
10-10-2008, 09:19 AM
sounds like you 2 faggots are about to break up.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Be a man and tell him to his face how you feel. Don't be a bitch.

:rollin:rollin