PDA

View Full Version : McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 08:33 AM
McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred

By Frank Schaeffer

October 10, 2008

John McCain: If your campaign does not stop equating Sen. Barack Obama with terrorism, questioning his patriotism and portraying Mr. Obama as "not one of us," I accuse you of deliberately feeding the most unhinged elements of our society the red meat of hate, and therefore of potentially instigating violence.

At a Sarah Palin rally, someone called out, "Kill him!" At one of your rallies, someone called out, "Terrorist!" Neither was answered or denounced by you or your running mate, as the crowd laughed and cheered. At your campaign event Wednesday in Bethlehem, Pa., the crowd was seething with hatred for the Democratic nominee - an attitude encouraged in speeches there by you, your running mate, your wife and the local Republican chairman.

Shame!

John McCain: In 2000, as a lifelong Republican, I worked to get you elected instead of George W. Bush. In return, you wrote an endorsement of one of my books about military service. You seemed to be a man who put principle ahead of mere political gain.

You have changed. You have a choice: Go down in history as a decent senator and an honorable military man with many successes, or go down in history as the latest abettor of right-wing extremist hate.

John McCain, you are no fool, and you understand the depths of hatred that surround the issue of race in this country. You also know that, post-9/11, to call someone a friend of a terrorist is a very serious matter. You also know we are a bitterly divided country on many other issues. You know that, sadly, in America, violence is always just a moment away. You know that there are plenty of crazy people out there.

Stop! Think! Your rallies are beginning to look, sound, feel and smell like lynch mobs.

John McCain, you're walking a perilous line. If you do not stand up for all that is good in America and declare that Senator Obama is a patriot, fit for office, and denounce your hate-filled supporters when they scream out "Terrorist" or "Kill him," history will hold you responsible for all that follows.

John McCain and Sarah Palin, you are playing with fire, and you know it. You are unleashing the monster of American hatred and prejudice, to the peril of all of us. You are doing this in wartime. You are doing this as our economy collapses. You are doing this in a country with a history of assassinations.

Change the atmosphere of your campaign. Talk about the issues at hand. Make your case. But stop stirring up the lunatic fringe of haters, or risk suffering the judgment of history and the loathing of the American people - forever.

We will hold you responsible.

Frank Schaeffer is the author of "Crazy for God: How I Grew Up as One of the Elect, Helped Found the Religious Right, and Lived to Take All (or Almost All) of It Back." His e-mail is [email protected].

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.mccain10oct10,0,7557571.story

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:41 AM
utXFkXwaG7A&e

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:41 AM
VJghQMq49dw&

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:42 AM
KjxzmaXAg9E&e

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
http://bloggerinterrupted.com/2008/10/why-i-put-people-who-dont-want-to-be-on-cameraon-camera

http://bloggerinterrupted.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mccainvolunteertryingtohide.jpg

This little douchebag, a McCain volunteer at the rally in Strongsville on Wednesday, didn’t want to be on camera when I asked him if he thought Barack Obama was a terrorist. Among others. A lot of commenters have asked why I would put people on camera who don’t want to be on camera.

Here’s why.

I am not a journalist. I am a blogger. Not interested in convening a blogger ethics panel, but I have an agenda. And my agenda is as follows.

People like this fellow have fucked with my country for decades. They have made America a laughingstock. They have destroyed our economy with their absurd economic dogma. They have gutted America’s standing in the world. They have reduced my country’s politics to a discussion of genitalia. They have cost my country’s military over 4,000 lives, they have failed to avenge 9/11, they have turned my country’s dream for its citizens upside down, making the little guy beg for scraps from a table built on fraud. They have turned the American Dream into a Dickensian nightmare.

This guy has no business telling me he doesn’t want to be on my videotape.

We have been subjected to this stupid fuck’s war on America for decades, and for too long we have left the battlefield to him and his ilk. We have cowered from their increasing insanity, we have given them every benefit of every doubt, until we finally are expected to bend so pathetically to their every demand that they now think they can tell us to go away, when all we do is ask them a simple question.

No more.

If this little turd doesn’t want to be on my videotape, then he’d better get his ass behind a fucking tree, because I could give two shits whether he is embarrassed by his own image at a McCain rally.

It’s time these people own their record. Time for them to own what they’ve done to my country. Time for them to pay the piper. And if the only price I can extract, myself, is their image on my blog, then I will extract it.

So if you watch a video from my blog, and you feel a bit miffed that some whining Republican thug is on tape without their consent, grow yourself a pair of onions and get the fuck over yourself.

I’m fighting for my country.

Popularity: 1%

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:44 AM
RvXf9AUHTqM

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Okay, he's a gasbag, but he's right on this:

LXs_u4f2ZD8&

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:46 AM
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/the-dangerous-p.html

For some, a president Obama is simply unimaginable. From a McCain supporter in Wisconsin yesterday:

"We're all wondering why Obama is where he's at. How he got here. Everybody in this room is stunned we're in this position."

There was always going to be a point of revolt and panic for a core group of Americans who believe that Obama simply cannot be president - because he's black or liberal or young or relatively new. This is that point. As the polls suggest a strong victory, the Hannity-Limbaugh-Steyn-O'Reilly base are going into shock and extreme rage. McCain and Palin have decided to stoke this rage, to foment it, to encourage paranoid notions that somehow Obama is a "secret" terrorist or Islamist or foreigner. These are base emotions in both sense of the word.

But they are also very very dangerous. This is a moment of maximal physical danger for the young Democratic nominee. And McCain is playing with fire. If he really wants to put country first, he will attack Obama on his policies - not on these inflammatory, personal, creepy grounds. This is getting close to the atmosphere stoked by the Israeli far right before the assassination of Rabin.

For God's sake, McCain, stop it. For once in this campaign, put your country first.

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2008, 08:46 AM
They sound like our resident conservatives.

Findog
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/President_Obama.html?showall

Jonathan Martin notes a new sense of "fear and loathing" among Republican activists at the prospect of an Obama presidency.

That new mood is, I think, a reaction to a new fact about the contest: There's a strong, strong assumption across party lines that Obama is going to win. Intrade, a fairly reliable metric of convention wisdom, puts the odds at 75 percent. Behind the scenes, few Republican operatives think McCain will pull it off. Some Republicans are starting to make the case that a few years in the wilderness are just what the party needs, and that the presidency amid this economy is a poisoned chalice in any case.

That new conventional wisdom — true or false — means that many Americans are now really coming to grips with the notion of an Obama presidency. On balance, that's probably good for Obama. He always needed to pass a threshold at which Americans could plausibly see him as president. He needs people to get used to the idea, and if they're doing it in early October, they may be more comfortable pulling the lever a month later.

But the sense that his presidency is imminent appears, to some minority of Republicans, to be essentially unacceptable. Whether because of his views, his race, his life story or his partisan affiliation, Obama doesn't fit their model of a possible president of the United States. And so there's a new urgency to the reaction against him.

McCain's questioner in Wisconsin today put it clearly.

"We're all wondering why Obama is where he's at. How he got here. Everybody in this room is stunned we're in this position," he said.

DarrinS
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Hatred is confined to conservatives.

Sincerely,

Michael Moore

DarrinS
10-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Wvwyx8Ai14U

Crookshanks
10-10-2008, 09:19 AM
another bs liberal thread. Democrats corner the market on hate-filled speech. They're just so pissed off that anyone is daring to question their messiah. And I wouldn't be surprised if those people shouting "kill him" were Obama plants. Just trying to stir up things and make conservatives look bad.

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Hatred is confined to conservatives.

Sincerely,

Michael Moore

Nice dodge. Way to condemn this. :rolleyes

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:23 AM
another bs liberal thread. Democrats corner the market on hate-filled speech. They're just so pissed off that anyone is daring to question their messiah. And I wouldn't be surprised if those people shouting "kill him" were Obama plants. Just trying to stir up things and make conservatives look bad.

Yes, it's all an evil liberal media elite conspiracy to make conservatards look bad.

DarrinS
10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Nice dodge. Way to condemn this. :rolleyes

I condemn this. Happy?

P.S. LIberals are the most miserable, hate-filled people I've ever met.

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Problem is he already answered their questions. This attack on Obama is similar to an argument for the Iraq war. We gave Saddam an ultimatum to prove he didn't have wmds. Obama now has to prove he's innocent on bogus charges. When he doesn't respond to the bogus charges he's then criticized by those who brought up the bogus charges. The guy can't win either way. he has to prove a negative

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Yes, it's miserable and hate-filled to not approve of wishing for Obama's assassination, real or character-wise.

DarrinS
10-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes, it's miserable and hate-filled to not approve of wishing for Obama's assassination, real or character-wise.

Making a movie about assassinating Bush is good?

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2008, 09:30 AM

It's a movie?

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Who did that? Michael Moore? Why are you changing the subject?

It wasn't one or two yahoos at McCain's rally, it was pretty much a standard characterization of his supporters. And McCain and Palin are doing nothing to check it, they are inciting it...at least until the Secret Service told them to cut it out.

That's the difference between liberal hate directed at Bush and conservative hate directed at Obama...Democratic politicians would never condone it or tacitly encourage it.

DarrinS
10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
That's the difference between liberal hate directed at Bush and conservative hate directed at Obama...Democratic politicians would never condone it or tacitly encourage it.

:lmao

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Find me ONE example of Democrats encouraging their liberal supporters in the same way that Palin calls Obama an unamerican terrorist sympathizer out of the mainstream. Find me ONE example where Democratic politicians encourage the idea that 9/11 was an inside job by the Bush Administration, which is the vilest lie ever made about Bush. Find me ONE example.

Some fringe congressmen or state assemblyperson doesn't count, I want an example of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or some other prominent Democrat engaging in similar behavior. Find me ONE example.

RandomGuy
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I condemn this. Happy?

Dude, after 10 years of a Republican Congress and 8 years worth of a horrible presidency, "liberals" are pissed, because they have been shit on continuously as the root of all evil in the right-wing press.

Can you reallly blame them, after being subjected to the kind of daily diatribes by Limbaugh and the like?

Beyond simple condemnation, surely you see the toxicity of such attacks, right?

This kind of demagoguery is getting scary.

What happens when/if McCain loses? Are all of these people who think he is some kind of terrorist going to jump up and say "he's my president now, I have to support him?", as they have criticised liberals for not doing with Bush?

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Where are the examples of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi whipping up liberals into a frenzy against President Bush and inciting hatred?

<crickets chirping>

TheProfessor
10-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I condemn this. Happy?

I'd go with partisans, personally.

This is turning into a dangerous situation, one beneath McCain and his public image. I know he called off the Rev. Wright attacks for the time being, and I'm sure there was immense pressure to use that, but I'm hoping they also scale back the inflammatory rhetoric with Palin. Her negatives are increasing daily and if she's going to maintain a prominent position in the party, these attacks could sink her completely.

Findog
10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I'd go with partisans, personally.

This is turning into a dangerous situation, one beneath McCain and his public image. I know he called off the Rev. Wright attacks for the time being, and I'm sure there was immense pressure to use that, but I'm hoping they also scale back the inflammatory rhetoric with Palin. Her negatives are increasing daily and if she's going to maintain a prominent position in the party, these attacks could sink her completely.

McCain called off the Rev. Wright attacks not because of some sort of honor or dignity, but because if he wants to start sniffing around the pews of Rev. Wright's church, it can easily boomerang back on him because of the nutty-ass church his running mate used to attend.

clambake
10-10-2008, 09:59 AM
there's more to it than this. it's truely sad to see what mccain has turned in to.

it's sad that he no longer has any control of content with his message.

it's sad that he's been reduced to someone that just reads the sheets that are handed to him.

it's sad that he bask in the messages that are yelled out by his hate mongering supporters.

it's sad that he took bush's attacks laying down in the fetal. he never got over it, but for some reason accepted it.

it's sad that he's turned into such a shallow man.

boutons_
10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
"one beneath McCain and his public image"

not at all.

Candidate McBottomGun, a very different animal from Senator McKeating, has exposed his new public image as bottom-feeding, sliming, lying, divisive, polarizing, hateful scumbag.

Neither he nor pitbull bitch discouraged the shouts of murder, they even laughed at them, giving encouragement.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
lol @ the left threatening race riot wars and now getting scared they have awakened the angry white man.

That man I posted yelling at McCain in Wisc. The silent majority are starting to speak up.

clambake
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Mccain: "I've got nothing. Someone had me a sheet with words. Any words."

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2008, 10:14 AM
God politics bring out the whiny little bitch in people

TheProfessor
10-10-2008, 10:15 AM
McCain called off the Rev. Wright attacks not because of some sort of honor or dignity, but because if he wants to start sniffing around the pews of Rev. Wright's church, it can easily boomerang back on him because of the nutty-ass church his running mate used to attend.
I think heartland voters would find Wright far more inflammatory and offensive. It is strange to me, because the Wright narrative has been established and would have been easy to jump on, as opposed to Ayers, who is relatively obscure and not directly associable. They could be waiting to drop it in the last couple of weeks, who knows. I also wonder if the McCain campaign is just somewhat chaotic at this point. They're fooling themselves if they think Ayers will overcome economic concerns.

boutons_
10-10-2008, 11:00 AM
"They could be waiting to drop it in the last couple of weeks,"

I can't find the article I read in the past day or two, but it said that McBottomGun met with Wright and then decided not to make Wright an issue, mumbling with fake piety that attacking a person's faith was out of bounds.

Since McLiar has proven he will do anything to win the WH, I really wonder what Wright said to McFakeMacho to scare him away.

McMeFirst may have learned (he's NOT a quick study) that pitbull bitch's "religious" freak/fringe/militant cult opens her up to devastating attacks.

Amusing how these Made-Up-Shit-Religion "Christians" can be such hateful enemies among themselves.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I think heartland voters would find Wright far more inflammatory and offensive. It is strange to me, because the Wright narrative has been established and would have been easy to jump on, as opposed to Ayers, who is relatively obscure and not directly associable. They could be waiting to drop it in the last couple of weeks, who knows. I also wonder if the McCain campaign is just somewhat chaotic at this point. They're fooling themselves if they think Ayers will overcome economic concerns.

Jeremiah Wright can't take the focus off the economic crisis either

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Find me ONE example of Democrats encouraging their liberal supporters in the same way that Palin calls Obama an unamerican terrorist sympathizer out of the mainstream.

I guess you've never listened much to Randi Rhodes of Al Frankin. Talk about hate filled speech, and really disgusting at times.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I condemn this. Happy?

Yep, for those who claim to be tolerant of others, they have no tolerance when it is conservative.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:15 AM
I guess you've never listened much to Randi Rhodes of Al Frankin. Talk about hate filled speech, and really disgusting at times.

Democratic Politicians. Did you read the rest of my post?

Some fringe congressmen or state assemblyperson doesn't count, I want an example of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi or some other prominent Democrat engaging in similar behavior. Find me ONE example.

Randi Rhodes and Al Franken aren't running for Vice President, and I'm pretty sure they've never said 9/11 was an inside job, which is the left-wing equivalent of Sarah Palin calling Obama an unamerican terrorist sympathizer. Why are you rationalizing and defending this?

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Wasn't it Obama who told his supporters to "get in their face".

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Wasn't it Obama who told his supporters to "get in their face".

And make their case for Obama, make an issues-based argument for his candidacy. God, defending and rationalizing this is just fucking pathetic. I have yet to see any Obama supporters gathering en masse to say "Kill him!" about McCain.

Fucking Pathetic.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
And make their case for Obama, make an issues-based argument for his candidacy. God, defending and rationalizing this is just fucking pathetic. I have yet to see any Obama supporters gathering en masse to say "Kill him!" about McCain.

Fucking Pathetic.

Why would anyone need to kill him when you all have been telling us he will not live for another 4 years?

What's fucking pathetic is you libtards using a couple idiot rednecks to create the illusion the masses are beginning to demand his head.

Especially when people keep hearing how race riot wars are inevitable if Obama loses.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Why would anyone need to kill him when you all have been telling us he will not live for another 4 years?

What's fucking pathetic is you libtards using a couple idiot rednecks to create the illusion the masses are beginning to demand his head.

A couple of redneck idiots?

http://bloggerinterrupted.com/2008/10/my-thoughts-on-the-mccain-palin-mobs

The fact that my videos of McCain-Palin supporters (here and here) are blowing up online tells me a lot.

First, the media should be ashamed of themselves for not covering this until now. The McCain-Palin supporters in my videos are not new, they are not exceptional, they are not hiding. This is who they are. It has been brewing for months, and not one mainstream media outlet has taken the time to expose them. Not one. And that is dangerous. If America is about to decide on its president based on this level of hate and ignorance, without a single question being asked as to why, then America is in for a rude awakening.

You could get video of these hateful and ignorant people in your sleep. Not just in Ohio, everywhere. Our country has been sleepwalking through this campaign as if none of this vitriol exists. Well, not only does it exist, it is rampant, and it is there for anyone with a camera to record. And these people are proud to be this hateful and ignorant on your camera.

Second, the McCain campaign has done nothing to dispel these fantasies. To the contrary, McCain and Palin themselves have been stoking it. That, too, is dangerous.

Third, it gives me that much more pride in my support for Barack Obama. This man takes a risk with his life every time he sets foot into the public eye. That is a kind of bravery that not even John McCain could muster.

Fourth, it tells me all I need to know about John McCain and Sarah Palin, that they are willing to accept and foment this kind of support. They are not patriots, they represent the worst stain this country’s history has ever produced. They are no different than an unrepentant segregationist shouting “states rights” in 1954.

And it will be a sublime joy to watch them lose this election.

Popularity: 2%

Again, fucking pathetic to think this is one or two yahoos at a rally, or that the McCain campaign isn't actively encouraging this. Fucking Pathetic.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Findog you are pathetic my bowl smoking buddy.

Have you not seen the hatred for Palin?

Once again, libtards can dish it out with the best of them but are so thin skinned they cry when it is shoved back in their face.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Democratic Politicians. Did you read the rest of my post?

Yes, I did. I was looking for some particular quotes from a book titled Dreams from My Father (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams_from_My_Father), but haven't found them yet. The author says some very disturbing hate filled stuff.

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Clarification: What the Antihero, Wild Cobra, and Trainwreck 2100 and others like them are doing is not rationalizing, but MINIMIZING. It's another common cognitive distortion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion#List_of_distortions

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Findog you are pathetic my bowl smoking buddy.

Have you not seen the hatred for Palin?

Once again, libtards can dish it out with the best of them but are so thin skinned they cry when it is shoved back in their face.

I have yet to hear any leftist at any Obama rally say "Kill her!" or call her an unamerican terrorist, or appeal to the worst and most base instincts in denouncing her.

This isn't about not being able to handle the back and forth of an issues-based campaign. Call Obama too liberal, or too inexperienced, or whatever...but resorting to race-baiting and xenophobia...it says all I need to know about you that you think this is okay, or that anything emanating from the left matches this.

Fuck You.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, I did. I was looking for some particular quotes from a book titled Dreams from My Father (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams_from_My_Father), but haven't found them yet. The author says some very disturbing hate filled stuff.

Rush is just playing clips of Obama reading his books. It's funny shit.

Obama worked for some corp and described himself as a "spy behind enemy gates"

Another how his friends were always angry and he could trick whitey by acting calm.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM

Keep trying. You won't get anywhere.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I have yet to hear any leftist at any Obama rally say "Kill her!" or call her an unamerican terrorist, or appeal to the worst and most base instincts in denouncing her.

This isn't about not being able to handle the back and forth of an issues-based campaign. Call Obama too liberal, or too inexperienced, or whatever...but resorting to race-baiting and xenophobia...it says all I need to know about you that you think this is okay, or that anything emanating from the left matches this.

Fuck You.

She wants to secede homie. Alaskan Independence Party. TREASON. TREASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
She wants to secede homie. Alaskan Independence Party. TREASON. TREASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

That doesn't make her guilty of treason.

I have yet to hear you express disapproval of the people in those videos.

Very telling.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
After all, you coined the infamous term Moose Cunt. Thin skin my friends.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
After all, you coined the infamous term Moose Cunt. Thin skin my friends.

Did I call for her assassination? Did I call her a terrorist?

Change the subject, dodge, refuse to condemn racism and xenophobia...

What do you think of the McCain supporters in the videos, Anti Hero? Do you agree with the sentiments expressed?

I guess I'll be waiting for a while to read you express disapproval...

<crickets chirping>

"You're just thin skinned because you can't handle a bunch of knuckledraggers call him a terrorist and advocate his assassination."

Fucking pathetic. You're just fucking pathetic. Even DarrinS managed a grudging disapproval.

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
It's amusing that people think Obama is so hateful toward white people or America. If you actually follow the lineage of his family history, the one person he has the most reason to be angry at is his black father, who abandoned the family.

But from what I understand (I haven't read his books - I'm not a big fan of the autobiography) if anything, he comes across as pretty accepting and positive about his family narrative, and there's a noticeable lack of anger. One could speculate that he's worked through all that, which would be good. Or that his family was strong enough (his WHITE FAMILY, let's note) to make up for the loss of his father.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't control them homie. Why would I care what they say? :lmao

People arguing issues are easily dismissed by the hard-ons for Obama. It takes vocal rednecks to stir shit up?

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Keep trying. You won't get anywhere.
OK, I understand that responce to mean that Obama gets a pass on his racism beacuse he is black?

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
OK, I understand that responce to mean that Obama gets a pass on his racism beacuse he is black?

You haven't provided any evidence to back up your assertion that Obama is racist. This isn't Free Republic, you don't get to throw shit at the wall and assume it will just stick.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
It's amusing that people think Obama is so hateful toward white people or America. If you actually follow the lineage of his family history, the one person he has the most reason to be angry at is his black father, who abandoned the family.

But from what I understand (I haven't read his books - I'm not a big fan of the autobiography) if anything, he comes across as pretty accepting and positive about his family narrative, and there's a noticeable lack of anger. One could speculate that he's worked through all that, which would be good. Or that his family was strong enough (his WHITE FAMILY, let's note) to make up for the loss of his father.
Read his first book. It will change your mind.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I can't control them homie. Why would I care what they say? :lmao

Do you agree with the sentiments expressed in the videos? You didn't answer the question. Why not? Is it so hard to say "I'm a McCain supporter, but I can't get behind this?"

Apparently it is. :lol

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
You haven't provided any evidence to back up your assertion that Obama is racist. This isn't Free Republic, you don't get to throw shit at the wall and assume it will just stick.
Good. Don't believe me. Read his first book.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Good. Don't believe me. Read his first book.

Yes, Obama hates white people, including his mother and grandparents.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Do you agree with the sentiments expressed in the videos? You didn't answer the question. Why not? Is it so hard to say "I'm a McCain supporter, but I can't get behind this?"

Apparently it is. :lol

Why would I play this childish "I denounce blah blah blah"

People say what they will. Just words, just speeches.

Also, probably because I don't support McCain.

Findog
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Why would I play this childish "I denounce blah blah blah"

People say what they will. Just words, just speeches.

It's pretty simple...I didn't like people poking around Sarah Palin's private life. That should be off limits. Her public record and her stances on the issues and her gross lack of qualifications for the office she seeks is enough to condemn her. I don't need to rummage around in the bedrooms of her home.

Do you agree with the sentiments expressed in the videos? Saying you don't doesn't mean you are betraying the cause of a McCain victory, or opposition to an Obama victory, as the case may be.

I think I'm beginning to understand why you can't...because you basically agree with them.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I think it is amusing these people have some libtards bugging out.

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Yeah, it's pretty amusing that a major party nominee for President is stoking racism. It's hi-fucking-larious! A real knee slapper! :lol

Most of those people are cowards who don't have the guts to follow through on their threats, but it only takes one to act on their convictions.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:02 PM
stoking racism?

"They will say I don't look like the ones that came before me, They will say I have a funny name..."

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
John Weaver, McCain’s former top strategist, said top Republicans have a responsibility to temper this behavior.

“People need to understand, for moral reasons and the protection of our civil society, the differences with Sen. Obama are ideological, based on clear differences on policy and a lack of experience compared to Sen. McCain,” Weaver said. “And from a purely practical political vantage point, please find me a swing voter, an undecided independent, or a torn female voter that finds an angry mob mentality attractive.”

“Sen. Obama is a classic liberal with an outdated economic agenda. We should take that agenda on in a robust manner. As a party we should not and must not stand by as the small amount of haters in our society question whether he is as American as the rest of us. Shame on them and shame on us if we allow this to take hold.”

Cry Havoc
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
lol @ the left threatening race riot wars and now getting scared they have awakened the angry white man.

Really? Why don't you provide me with a link to evidence for inciting race riot wars?

That man I posted yelling at McCain in Wisc. The silent majority are starting to speak up.

And you agree with them, is that what you're saying?

I honestly gave the McCain supporters in this forum the benefit of the doubt. I thought they would have the decency and dignity to condemn such abhorrent behavior. Instead, the ones that have posted are actually defending racism and hate speech. I'm sure (I hope!) there are several McCain backers on this forum who, if nothing else, realize how disgusting this situation is and condemn the people spreading such hate, if not the party itself for going mum about it.

Really, McCain has a chance to gain from this. How much would he gain in the polls if during a large rally or a telecast, he drew himself up, and berated the people saying such things? He'd look like a patriot. He could even paint himself as the "man in the middle" again, with no agenda other than loving this country. Even Democrats would applaud him if he decided to speak out against the hate.

Yet, McCain is showing that he would rather vilify his opponent than run an honest race against him and lose.

I find it difficult to even be upset about the reactions from McCain supporters. I sincerely hope those who haven't posted yet will not glorify this ridiculous attitude of making a fellow candidate out to be not only Anti-American, but an individual to be despised. For those of you that see this as an act to be cheered... well, I have no respect left for you. Not that it matters to you, but I think you will live to regret it one day.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I know. If we stir them up too much, they might end up in an Insane Asylum. Maybe we should tread lightly.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Really? Why don't you provide me with a link to evidence for inciting race riot wars?

I read 15+ articles a day; I don't bookmark every one of them. Broaden your daily information sources and you would easily have also heard them. Google.com

I agree with that man whom I posted.

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM

I honestly gave the McCain supporters in this forum the benefit of the doubt. I thought they would have the decency and dignity to condemn such abhorrent behavior. Instead, the ones that have posted are actually defending racism and hate speech. I'm sure (I hope!) there are several McCain backers on this forum who, if nothing else, realize how disgusting this situation is and condemn the people spreading such hate, if not the party itself for going mum about it.

Really, McCain has a chance to gain from this. How much would he gain in the polls if during a large rally or a telecast, he drew himself up, and berated the people saying such things? He'd look like a patriot. He could even paint himself as the "man in the middle" again, with no agenda other than loving this country. Even Democrats would applaud him if he decided to speak out against the hate.

Yet, McCain is showing that he would rather vilify his opponent than run an honest race against him and lose.

I find it difficult to even be upset about the reactions from McCain supporters. I sincerely hope those who haven't posted yet will not glorify this ridiculous attitude of making a fellow candidate out to be not only Anti-American, but an individual to be despised. For those of you that see this as an act to be cheered... well, I have no respect left for you. Not that it matters to you, but I think you will live to regret it one day.

He basically agrees with them. I asked him if he had a problem with it, and he couldn't say yes. As an Obama supporter, I can condemn digging around in Palin's private life, or making fun of McCain's POW ordeal, but this skid mark can't muster the same standard.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM
He basically agrees with them. I asked him if he had a problem with it, and he couldn't say yes. As an Obama supporter, I can condemn digging around in Palin's private life, or making fun of McCain's POW ordeal, but this skid mark can't muster the same standard.

Yet you call her Moose Cunt daily. Once again, thin skin and now playing this game to make yourself feel good. :bking

It's obvious McCain is not going to attack what he should be attacking so now I just sit back and see where this circus goes.

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Yet you call her Moose Cunt daily. Once again, thin skin and now playing this game to make yourself feel good. :bking

Yes, I called her a Moose Cunt. I never once called for her assassination or advocated digging around in her private life. I don't really see the point of your irrelevant non sequitur. Name calling is not the same thing as what those people in the video were doing, which is libel, slander and making threats.

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
It's obvious McCain is not going to attack what he should be attacking so now I just sit back and see where this circus goes.

That circus ends on November 4th, when Obama gets 52% of the popular vote and 300+ Electoral Votes.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
That circus ends on November 4th, when Obama gets 52% of the popular vote and 300+ Electoral Votes.

No shit. I know.

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM

LOL @ this my friend. We all know how this little game is played. McCain doesn't do soemthing, you all bash him for not doing it and say you'd have so much respect for him if he did do it. When in reality, whatever he does he will be bashed by said people. It's weak and tired out. McCain is a lost cause, at this point I don't care what he does or does not do.

I don't regret shit I am not part of. oooooohh I condemn them, all is right in the world now for I have condemned them! :lol It pains me to have lost respect from someone I do not know, will never know, do not care to know. :toast Plus it's just politics. I'm just passing time.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 12:23 PM

That my friends will just be the beginning of the circus...

Crookshanks
10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
This thread is so pathetic it's laughable. You libs complain about McCain supporters being hateful and try to make us believe all of you are sweet and kind and never say anything mean.

You libs on this board are the most mean, vicious, hate-filled people I've ever come across. Boutons never makes a post about conservatives that doesn't include mean, crude and often obscene language. Findog is so offensive I put him on ignore!

It wouldn't matter if we had a video showing Obama throwing a bomb - you'd still defend him. You're irrational in your hatred for all things conservative. You certainly give credence to the notion that liberalism is a mental disorder!

I look at the threads in this forum and they just make me sick. I'm done with this forum - there's no reason to even post in here because it won't make any difference. I truly fear for this country if people like you libs in here prevail and vote Obama into the White House. Not even God will help us then!

clambake
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
This thread is so pathetic it's laughable. You libs complain about McCain supporters being hateful and try to make us believe all of you are sweet and kind and never say anything mean.

You libs on this board are the most mean, vicious, hate-filled people I've ever come across. Boutons never makes a post about conservatives that doesn't include mean, crude and often obscene language. Findog is so offensive I put him on ignore!

It wouldn't matter if we had a video showing Obama throwing a bomb - you'd still defend him. You're irrational in your hatred for all things conservative. You certainly give credence to the notion that liberalism is a mental disorder!

I look at the threads in this forum and they just make me sick. I'm done with this forum - there's no reason to even post in here because it won't make any difference. I truly fear for this country if people like you libs in here prevail and vote Obama into the White House. Not even God will help us then!

:lol does anybody else get a kick out of cookies rants?

Cry Havoc
10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
LOL @ this my friend. We all know how this little game is played. McCain doesn't do soemthing, you all bash him for not doing it and say you'd have so much respect for him if he did do it. When in reality, whatever he does he will be bashed by said people. It's weak and tired out. McCain is a lost cause, at this point I don't care what he does or does not do.

I don't regret shit I am not part of. oooooohh I condemn them, all is right in the world now for I have condemned them! :lol It pains me to have lost respect from someone I do not know, will never know, do not care to know. :toast Plus it's just politics. I'm just passing time.

Really? Then why do you even post here? You just declined to state that the actions of the supporters in the McCain-Palin campaign are unacceptable.

First, you stated that liberals had been doing the same thing, but were unable to provide any evidence. You even resorted to using the classic "find it yourself" defense. You then claimed it's Obama's fault that people are calling for his assassination.

Then you claimed "it's only a few" who are acting this way, which is kind of interesting in itself: If you consider their behavior acceptable, why does the number of people matter? Why would that even enter into your argument?

When ALL of these points have been refuted, you then stated (to paraphrase), "Well they went after Palin so it's ok!" Which, again, is interesting considering that you are calling the liberals out for having a thin skin. You then even mocked yourself by offering a random hyperbole about Palin. Basically what your position boils down to is that calling for Obama's assassination is okay because one person on this forum called her a moose cunt and thousands of media outlets and political analysts have been questioning her ability to ascend to the 2nd highest office in the land.

Now, at last, your defense (d)evolved into, "Well they aren't me, I'm just a poster on the forum, so why should I care?" To which I can only ask you why you're on this board in the first place. You seem to have no problems taking a position about everything else, but this is out of your sphere of influence, so you're not going to comment further on it? Sorry, I didn't realize that you were using your position on other threads to influence U.S. politics at large. This is a forum. It's for certain things... you know, like discussing the issue. If you don't want to discuss the issue, why post to this thread? Why even click it? Why be on forums at all?

hitmanyr2k
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I have no doubt if Obama or Biden heard one of their supporters scream "terrorist" or "kill him" in reference to John McCain (or Sarah Palin) they would call that person out and denounce their comments on the spot...Biden especially.

The McCain camp are just letting their poor character show through by letting these kind of comments go unchecked. Just the cherry on top of one of the most idiotic campaigns I've ever seen run for an "experienced" candidate.

Findog
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Findog is so offensive I put him on ignore!

:lol

clambake
10-10-2008, 12:49 PM
:lol

can't you just see crooky.....clutching her bible......reaching high to the sky.....screaming "Oh Dear God"?

Hook Dem
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Where are the examples of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi whipping up liberals into a frenzy against President Bush and inciting hatred?

<crickets chirping>

:lolGuess you forgot about the hate speech Pelosi gave right before the house voted the first time on the bailout! Classic example of how liberals only remember what they want to!:lol

hitmanyr2k
10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
:lolGuess you forgot about the hate speech Pelosi gave right before the house voted the first time on the bailout! Classic example of how liberals only remember what they want to!:lol

Show us where Pelosi tried to tie any Republican to a terrorist and then stood by and did nothing when supporters yelled "kill him" or called that person a terrorist. If you can't then just stfu because you don't have a point.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 01:12 PM
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/28/hangbush2.jpg

Not hatred I guess...

Hook Dem
10-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Show us where Pelosi tried to tie any Republican to a terrorist and then stood by and did nothing when supporters yelled "kill him" or called that person a terrorist. If you can't then just stfu because you don't have a point.

Uhhh...we're talking about hatred in case you haven't read the title. She DID go on a hatred speech against Bush and the Republicans. Don't tell me to shut up because I DO have a point!:flipoff

hitmanyr2k
10-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Uhhh...we're talking about hatred in case you haven't read the title. She DID go on a hatred speech against Bush and the Republicans. Don't tell me to shut up because I DO have a point!:flipoff

Pelosi's partisan speech ranted on Bush's economic policies. That kind of shit goes on every single day in Washington. She didn't attempt to tie any Republican to a terrorist. She didn't go after anyone's character trying to paint that person as "dangerous". She didn't incite anyone to yell "kill him". You don't have a point and if you can't see the difference you're dumber than a sack of hammers.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
And of course class warfare isn't hatred either right? Because rich peolple can be black or white it must not count.

hitmanyr2k
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
And of course class warfare isn't hatred either right? Because rich peolple can be black or white it must not count.

See my post above. The same thing applies.

LakeShow
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Former governor Milliken backs away from McCain

by Pat Shellenbarger | The Grand Rapids Press Friday October 10, 2008, 6:57 AM

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/2008/10/small_MILLIKEN-mug.jpgFormer Republican Gov. William Milliken

GRAND RAPIDS -- He endorsed John McCain in the presidential primary, but now former Republican Gov. William Milliken is expressing doubts about his party's nominee.

"He is not the McCain I endorsed," said Milliken, reached at his Traverse City home Thursday. "He keeps saying, 'Who is Barack Obama?' I would ask the question, 'Who is John McCain?' because his campaign has become rather disappointing to me.

"I'm disappointed in the tenor and the personal attacks on the part of the McCain campaign, when he ought to be talking about the issues."

Milliken, a lifelong Republican, is among some past leaders from the party's moderate wing voicing reservations and, in some cases, opposition to McCain's candidacy.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/2008/10/large_LINCOLN-453.jpgPress Photo/Paul L. Newby IILincoln Chafee, a former Republican senator from Rhode Island, announces his support for Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday morning at Obama's Grand Rapids campaign headquarters.

During a stop in Grand Rapids on Thursday, Lincoln Chafee, a former Republican U.S. senator from Rhode Island, said he's voting for Obama and urging others to do likewise.

McCain campaigned for Chafee's unsuccessful re-election bid in 2006, but Chafee said he is concerned McCain has swung to the right, a divisive strategy that could make it difficult for him to govern.

"That's not my kind of Republicanism," said Chafee, who now calls himself an independent. "I saw what Bush and Cheney did. They came in with a (budget) surplus and a stable world, and look what's happened now. In eight short years they've taken one peaceful and prosperous world, and they've torn it into tatters."

As for McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for his running mate, "there's no question she's totally unqualified," Chafee said.

He had similar reservations about Obama's lack of experience, but said the Democrat's handling of the campaign convinced him he's ready to lead.
Chafee said he has spoken with several other moderate Republican leaders, and "there are a whole lot of us deserting."

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/2008/10/small_PHIL-mug.jpgPhil Arthurhultz

One of them is Phil Arthurhultz, a former Republican state senator from Whitehall, who was traveling the state with Chafee to drum up support for Obama.

Bob Eleveld is a former Kent County Republican chairman who led McCain's West Michigan campaign in 2000. This year, he has remained mum unless asked.

"I'm not supporting either of them at this point," he said. "Suffice it to say there are a number of people who have been strong Republicans in the past, including party chairs, who feel as I do. "He declined to name them.
In the past, McCain was more of a moderate known for his straight talk, Eleveld said.

"I think the straight talk is gone," he said, describing himself as a member of the party's moderate wing. "I think he's pandering to the Christian right. That's some straight talk from me."

Whether they represent a widespread movement or a few disenchanted members in the Republican Party is unclear.

"I don't think for one minute John McCain has violated the trust we put in him," said Marge Byington Potter, a former chairwoman of the Kent County Commission, who calls herself a moderate Republican. "I think McCain understands people are in a situation that people are hurting terribly."
Milliken stopped short of saying he will vote for Obama, but said he differs with McCain on the Iraq war and his choice of Palin.

"I know John McCain is 72. In my book, that's quite young," said Milliken, 86, Michigan's longest-serving governor. But he added, "What if she were to become president of the United States? The idea, to me, is quite disturbing, if not appalling.

"Increasingly, the party is moving toward rigidity, and I don't like that. I think Gerald Ford would hold generally the same view I'm holding on the direction of the Republican Party."

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/news/index.ssf/2008/10/former_governor_milliken_backs.html

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I truly fear for this country if people like you libs in here prevail and vote Obama into the White House. Not even God will help us then!

what about the present? does the present day provide you with any trepidation?

Findog
10-10-2008, 01:58 PM

How fucking stupid are you? It says a lot that you equate that with race-baiting, and McCain and Palin not calling out their supporters for calling Obama a terrorist or saying "Kill him!"

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Lincoln Chafee is a guy who 20 years ago would've been considered a very conservative Republican. It says quite a bit about how far the GOP has lurched to the far right and how much they've given in to the Christian nutball wing of their party that he feels more comfortable supporting Obama.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that this doesn't count as hatred either...

After I spoke and thanked the fraternity and their members, Rev. Eric Lee, pres. and CEO of Southern Christian Leadership Conference of greater Los Angeles, was introduced as the key note speaker.

He began his speech by thanking Jesus for Obama, who is going to be the leader of the world. He continued by referring to other leaders Like Dr. King, being that this was the moment of celebrating Dr. King's spirit on the anniversary of his death, and Malcolm X.
It was right after the mention of Malcolm X that he looked right at me and started talking about the African American children who are suffering because of the “JEWS” that have featured them as rapists and murderers. He spoke of a Jewish Rabbi, and then corrected himself to say "What other kind of Rabbis are there, but “JEWS”. He told how this Rabbi came to him to say that he would like to bring the AA community and the Jewish community together. “NO, NO, NO,!!!!” he shouted into the crowd, we are not going to come together. “The Jews have made money on us in the music business and we are the entertainers, and they are economically enslaving us.”
He continued as to how now the salvation has come and the gates have open for African Americans to come together behind Barack Obama, because now is the time to show them (meaning the Jews).
He continued to speak about “White supremacy” vs. the talents and visionaries in the core of African Americans. He demeaned being given freedom, by saying “To what?” to a country that kills women and children.

http://www.seraphicpress.com/archives/2008/04/antisemitic_oba.php

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey, here's some argula-eating liberal fag that served in Reagan's Administration weighing in:

"One of the most striking things we've seen in the last few day, we have seen it at the Palin rallies and we saw it at the McCain rally today," said David Gergen, appearing on Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday evening. "And we saw it to a considerable degree during the rescue package legislation. There is a free-floating sort of whipping-around anger that could really lead to some violence. And I think we're not far from that."

Guess he's just some whiny, overly sensitive liberal fag.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Ageism doesn't count as hatred either since the people they are targeting are too old to fight back I guess...

Appearing on This Week with George Stephanopolous today, prominent Obama supporter Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) said (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/obama-surrogate.html) that Americans should be "uncomfortable" with Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as Sen. John McCain's Vice-President because of McCain's advanced age and history of cancer.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/09/14/obama-surrogate-attacks-mccains-age-cancer/

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Ageism doesn't count as hatred either since the people they are targeting are too old to fight back I guess...

Uh, no it doesn't, since POTUS is unique in the physical and mental rigors it imposes on its occupants. And it's an issue since McCain is a 72 year old cancer survivor, and his running mate is grossly unqualified.

Do you agree with the sentiments expressed in the videos I posted on the first page of this thread?

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey, here's some argula-eating liberal fag that served in Reagan's Administration weighing in:

Guess he's just some whiny, overly sensitive liberal fag.

I've seen him speak and I agree with your analysis.

hitmanyr2k
10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that this doesn't count as hatred either...

Who is this guy? Is he apart of the United States government? Was he at an Obama rally speaking for him? Did Obama stand idly by and watch him say this? If not then who gives a fuck? You're taking shit from a blog with this he said, she said crap and Obama wasn't even there. You people are getting dumber by the minute.

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I've seen him speak and I agree with your analysis.

Well, kudos to you. You're practically the first McCain supporter in this thread to say that garbage doesn't speak for you.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Uh, no it doesn't, since POTUS is unique in the physical and mental rigors it imposes on its occupants. And it's an issue since McCain is a 72 year old cancer survivor, and his running mate is grossly unqualified.

I'm sure the POTUS has great healthcare...hell i thought Cheney was dead a couple of years ago. Who was the last Pres. to die in office from natural causes?

Do you agree with the sentiments expressed in the videos I posted on the first page of this thread?

I think people get too upset at things (Repubs and Dems both). The people speaking most likely aren't saying they are going to literally KILL HIM. Figuratively, they could have meant "Kill him in the election" i.e. - attack him, win, etc.

If you don't agree, then I guess that when a HS football team says they are going to "kill" the other team you get equally upset.

The picture below is from a HS football team's homecoming t-shirts. These shirts are being sold at the school.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/education/upload/2008/10/graphic_lbj_high_school_homeco/back-thumb.jpg (http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/education/upload/2008/10/graphic_lbj_high_school_homeco/back.jpg)

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I think people get too upset at things (Repubs and Dems both). The people speaking most likely aren't saying they are going to literally KILL HIM. Figuratively, they could have meant "Kill him in the election" i.e. - attack him, win, etc.

Don't be disingenuous, or try to minimize the corrosive impact of those words. Do you agree with those sentiments or not? You didn't answer the question.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't be disingenuous, or try to minimize the corrosive impact of those words. Do you agree with those sentiments or not? You didn't answer the question.

Which sentiments? Didn't have time to watch all of your vids. List some...i'll give yes/no answer for each.

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Which sentiments? Didn't have time to watch all of your vids. List some...i'll give yes/no answer for each.

Is Obama an Un-American Terrorist Sympathizer?

Is he a Terrorist himself?

Is he a sleeper agent/radical Muslim?

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, No, No.

But that's the beauty of America...freedom of speech.

Findog
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes

Wow! :wow

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Is Obama an Un-American Terrorist Sympathizer?

Is he a Terrorist himself?

Is he a sleeper agent/radical Muslim?

whatever sticks.

Findog
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm just curious what makes Obama an Un-American Terrorist Sympathizer. :lol

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow! :wow

Why wow?

-I believe that he has close ties to some very un american terrorist type people (Wright, Ayers, etc.). You have every right to believe otherwise.

-His wife was also never proud of her country until he was running for POTUS.

-He has close ties to ACORN. A group that tries to undermine the sanctity of democracy.

-Close ties to Fannie/Freddie executives. The same ones who put the US in the financial predicament it is in now.

One or two associations I can brush off as coincidence...start putting the puzzle together though and one has to start asking questions about his judgement and who he'll appoint to office.

Findog
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
-I believe that he has close ties to some very un american terrorist type people (Wright, Ayers, etc.). You have every right to believe otherwise.

Bill Ayers blew up a bunch of empty buildings 40 years ago. That makes him a piece of shit. Obama deserves a mild amount of criticism for agreeing to serve on the board of a charitable foundation with him, but that's politics, you sometimes have to go along to get along. John McCain has some pretty sleazy associations in his past too, if you want to play the guilt by association game. Ayers is currently a faculty member at UI-Chicago. Are his students terrorist sympathizers for taking his classes?

You don't think blacks might have a reason to be less than reverential towards this country? Walk a mile in their shoes before you condemn them for failing to snap to attention and sing the National Anthem at the drop of a hat.

-He has close ties to ACORN. A group that tries to undermine the sanctity of democracy.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/223436.php

I've always had questions about whether this is a good way to do voter registration. And Democratic campaigns usually keep their distance. But here's the key. This is fraud against ACORN. They end up paying people for registering more people then they actually signed up. If you register me three times to vote, the registrar will see two new registrations of an already registered person and the ones won't count. If I successfully register Mickey Mouse to vote, on election day, Mickey Mouse will still be a cartoon character who cannot go to the local voting station and vote. Logically speaking there's very little way a few phony names on the voting rolls could be used to commit actual vote fraud. And much more importantly, numerous studies and investigations have shown no evidence of anything more than a handful of isolated cases of actual instances of vote fraud.

-Close ties to Fannie/Freddie executives. The same ones who put the US in the financial predicament it is in now.

John McCain's campaign manager was on their payroll as of September. He has even closer ties to Fannie and Freddie. Why is that a mark against Obama but not McCain? That is an indictment of the two-party system and current campaign finance methods more than it is a mark against McCain or Obama.

One or two associations I can brush off as coincidence...start putting the puzzle together though and one has to start asking questions about his judgement and who he'll appoint to office

Smear and guilt by association.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
KjxzmaXAg9E&e

That was so fucking hilarious, that first guy seemed like he knew what was going on, and he wasn't going to give the guy what he wanted, a sound bite, but then he turned around and did just that....

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Bill Ayers blew up a bunch of empty buildings 40 years ago. That makes him a piece of shit. Obama deserves a mild amount of criticism for agreeing to serve on the board of a charitable foundation with him, but that's politics, you sometimes have to go along to get along. John McCain has some pretty sleazy associations in his past too, if you want to play the guilt by association game. Ayers is currently a faculty member at UI-Chicago. Are his students terrorist sympathizers for taking his classes?

They are probably exiting his classes with extremely liberal views. If I attended UI-Chicago I wouldn't take one of his classes. Would you?

You don't think blacks might have a reason to be less than reverential towards this country? Walk a mile in their shoes before you condemn them for failing to snap to attention and sing the National Anthem at the drop of a hat.

http://www.gijobs.net/media/DavidRobinson.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Xg9ZF98GkMdJ2M:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG/466px-GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG/466px-GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG)http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:6aNuYfvnkjTvEM:http://www.leadershipmedica.com/sommari/2006/numero_06/PoliticaEstera/Articolo_1/foto/Condoleeza_rice.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.leadershipmedica.com/sommari/2006/numero_06/PoliticaEstera/Articolo_1/foto/Condoleeza_rice.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.leadershipmedica.com/sommari/2006/numero_06/PoliticaEstera/Articolo_1/articolo_ing.htm&h=260&w=310&sz=16&hl=en&start=5&um=1&usg=__hlcEpm5IccMzKHwSDZZ2X9toZ7Y=&tbnid=6aNuYfvnkjTvEM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcondoleeza%2Brice%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den)

Examples of African Americans who are proud of their country. Isn't it interesting that the NAACP never supports conservative african americans?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/223436.php

www.consumersrightsleague.org/UploadedFiles/ACORN_AHC_Report.pdf (http://www.consumersrightsleague.org/UploadedFiles/ACORN_AHC_Report.pdf)

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/26/acorn-falls-again-the-worst-case-of-voter-registration-fraud-in-washington-state-history/

John McCain's campaign manager was on their payroll as of September. He has even closer ties to Fannie and Freddie. Why is that a mark against Obama but not McCain? That is an indictment of the two-party system and current campaign finance methods more than it is a mark against McCain or Obama.

McCain's campaign manager was on their payroll because he was a lobbyist for them. There is a big difference between a lobbyist who doesn't have access to the books of a company and an executive who does. You should be more wary of the people that were distorting the books (Raines, Johnson) than the one that was doing the job that he was paid to do (Davis).

Smear and guilt by association.

What you call a smear I call valid questions about judgement and associations.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
PM5K...obama might have my vote if you add more pics to your sig.

Findog
10-10-2008, 03:33 PM
They are probably exiting his classes with extremely liberal views. If I attended UI-Chicago I wouldn't take one of his classes. Would you?

If it was a subject that interested me, yes.

Examples of African Americans who are proud of their country. Isn't it interesting that the NAACP never supports conservative african americans?

Examples of wealthy Republican African Americans who are proud of their country. Why isn't Michelle Obama entitled to fell angry and upset over slavery, Jim Crow and the institutional racism that still exists today?

McCain's campaign manager doesn't count because that's who I'm voting for and so even though both political parties are to blame for this mess and both major candidates have ties to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, I'm only going to criticize Obama for it.

Findog
10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
That was so fucking hilarious, that first guy seemed like he knew what was going on, and he wasn't going to give the guy what he wanted, a sound bite, but then he turned around and did just that....

His sound bite was comedy gold:

"From the ages of 1 to 6, Barack Obama was immersed in radical Islam."

Yeah, when most kids are playing with their GI Joe Dolls, Obama was the feared Boy-King of the Weatherman Underground.

Bartleby
10-10-2008, 03:43 PM
PM5K...obama might have my vote if you add more pics to your sig.

Mine too.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:51 PM
If it was a subject that interested me, yes.

What if the subject was offered by two different professors?

Examples of wealthy Republican African Americans who are proud of their country. Why isn't Michelle Obama entitled to fell angry and upset over slavery, Jim Crow and the institutional racism that still exists today?

David Robinson - Father was in the military. Depending on his rank, he might have done OK, but I'm pretty sure his dad wasn't a millionaire.

Colin Powell - Born In Harlem, son of Jamaican immigrants. I'm pretty sure his parents weren't that well off.

Condy - Born in Alabama, traces her roots back to slavery.

These are examples of people who made themselves. They weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth. They are proud of their country and don't have to spew hatred towards it.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Well there you go...

You owe me one Obama...

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks PM5K...I think I'd be scared if you tried to do that with McCain supporters.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Well there you go...

You owe me one Obama...

Another example of Obama supporters buying votes!!!!:lol

Findog
10-10-2008, 03:55 PM
What if the subject was offered by two different professors?

Probably would go with the other prof, but I don't care much about Bill Ayers one way or the other. It certainly isn't relevant to the current election.

David Robinson - Father was in the military. Depending on his rank, he might have done OK, but I'm pretty sure his dad wasn't a millionaire.

Colin Powell - Born In Harlem, son of Jamaican immigrants. I'm pretty sure his parents weren't that well off.

Condy - Born in Alabama, traces her roots back to slavery.

Well, good for them. Now who the hell are you to tell Michelle Obama she isn't entitled to her feelings?

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Probably would go with the other prof, but I don't care much about Bill Ayers one way or the other. It certainly isn't relevant to the current election.

Well, good for them. Now who the hell are you to tell Michelle Obama she isn't entitled to her feelings?

I'm not saying she isn't entitled to her feelings. I'm just saying that I don't have to agree with them.

Findog
10-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not saying she isn't entitled to her feelings. I'm just saying that I don't have to agree with them.

You certainly don't seem to think they are legitimate, and I have no problems with blacks not being patriotic towards our country. I think they've earned that apathy if that's what they want, and it shouldn't be questioned.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 04:00 PM
So Findog the real question is...Now who the hell are you to say that all of the McCain supporters aren't entitled to their own feelings?

Findog
10-10-2008, 04:02 PM
So Findog the real question is...Now who the hell are you to say that all of the McCain supporters aren't entitled to their own feelings?

They can hate Barack Obama all they want...threatening his life and slandering him by calling him a terrorist, that's not an "opinion" they're entitled to, that's libel and slander at best...and making remarks that deserve the scrutiny of the SS at worst.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
They can hate Barack Obama all they want...threatening his life and slandering him by calling him a terrorist, that's not an "opinion" they're entitled to, that's libel and slander at best...and making remarks that deserve the scrutiny of the SS at worst.

That's fine...Obama can sue them in civil court. But then he would have to open up all of his records.

Not sure if you mean the Schutzstaffel or the Secret Service...but if you meant the Secret Service, I'm pretty sure they have the situation under control.

clambake
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
those are angry mobs. mccain doesn't have the courage to say:

"don't call him a traitor. he's not a traitor"

"don't say killer again or i'll have you removed"

"stop calling him a terrorist"

nope, my friends, he don't have the courage when he's out numbered.

boutons_
10-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's an article about the hatred inflamed by McLiar and his pitbull bitch.

Unmitigated, unrelenting demagoguery and rabble rousing.

McMeFirst + pitbull bitch, The Hate Ticket

============

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/ssi/globalnav/wpdotcom_190x30.gif (http://www.washingtonpost.com/?nav=pf)

Anger Is Crowd's Overarching Emotion at McCain Rally

By Michael D. Shear and Perry Bacon Jr.
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, October 10, 2008; A04
WAUKESHA, Wis., Oct. 9 -- There were shouts of "Nobama" and "Socialist" at the mention of the Democratic presidential nominee. There were boos, middle fingers turned up and thumbs turned down as a media caravan moved through the crowd Thursday for a midday town hall gathering featuring John McCain (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/) and Sarah Palin (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Sarah+Palin?tid=informline).

"It is absolutely vital that you take it to Obama, that you hit him where it hits, there's a soft spot," said James T. Harris, a local radio talk show host, who urged the Republican nominee to use Barack Obama (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/o000167/)'s controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Jeremiah+Wright?tid=informline), and others against him.

"We have the good Reverend Wright. We have [the Rev. Michael L.] Pfleger. We have all of these shady characters that have surrounded him," Harris bellowed. "We have corruption here in Wisconsin and voting across the nation. I am begging you, sir. I am begging you. Take it to him."

The crowd of thousands roared its approval.

In recent days, a campaign that embraced the mantra of "Country First" but is flagging in the polls and scrambling for a way to close the gap as the nation's economy slides into shambles has found itself at the center of an outpouring of raw emotion rare in a presidential race.

"There's 26 days and people are looking at the very serious possibility that there's a chance that Obama might get in, and they don't like that," said Ian Eltrich, 28, as he filed out of the crowded sports complex.

"I'm mad! I'm really mad!" another man said, taking the microphone and refusing to surrender it easily, even when McCain tried to agree with him.

"I'm not done. Lemme finish, please," he said after a standing ovation. "When you have Obama, [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/p000197/) and the rest of the hooligans up there going to run the country, we have to have our head examined.

"It's time that you two represent the rest of us. So go get 'em."

The crowd burst into loud chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

Standing at the center of the crowd, McCain and Palin drew on the crowd's energy as they repeatedly trained their fire on Obama.

"Senator Obama has a clear radical, far-left, pro-abortion record," McCain said after being asked about the issue.

The answer prompted a shower of boos from the crowd members. They booed again when he mentioned William Ayers (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/William+Ayers?tid=informline), who bombed U.S. facilities to protest the Vietnam War as part of the domestic terrorist group the Weather Underground (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Weather+Underground+Organization?tid=informline). They booed again at the mention of Rep. Barney Frank (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/f000339/), a liberal from Massachusetts.

McCain spends most of his time at his rallies and town hall meetings lambasting his rival, often calling him a "co-conspirator" with congressional Democrats in what he argues are the seeds of the financial crisis at mortgage giants Fannie Mae (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Fannie+Mae?tid=informline) and Freddie Mac (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Freddie+Mac+Holdings?tid=informline).

"Will you assure us," one woman asked, "that, as president, you will take immediate action to investigate, prosecute and name the names of the people actually responsible?"

"I will," McCain answered.

"The same people that are now claiming credit for this rescue are the same ones that were willing co-conspirators in causing this problem that it is," he said, raising his voice to be heard over the crowd. "You know their names. You will know more of their names."

The crowds that show up for his rallies these days appear to have little appetite for the talk of bipartisan compromise that had been at the heart of his message around the Republican National Convention (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Republican+National+Convention?tid=informline). During a rally outside a small airport in Mosinee, Wis., on Thursday, McCain said that "it's time we come together, Democrats and Republicans to work together. That's my record. I'll reach across the aisle."

The crowd stood silent.

At the town hall gathering here, McCain praised Harris for his "courage" in speaking his mind. But, heedful of the economic chaos gripping the country, McCain sought to steer away, at least briefly, from attacks on Obama's character and integrity.

"Yes, I'll do that," he said of the request to "take it to" Obama. "But I also, my friends, want to address the greatest financial challenge of our lifetime with a positive plan for action that Senator Obama and I have. We need to restore hope and trust and confidence in America and have Americans know that our best days are ahead of us. That's the future and strength and beauty of America."

As the crowd filed out, several said they agreed with the man who said he was mad. Others went further.

"No, I'm not mad, I'm pissed," said Joan Schmitz, who owns a plumbing company here. She said she was frustrated with polls showing Obama surging, McCain's performance in a Tuesday night debate, Obama himself, the media, and the liberal group ACORN, which she said was registering voters fraudulently.

Noting Obama's connections with Ayers, she said that "if it was a Republican, it would be nonstop," referring to what she said was the media ignoring the controversial acquaintance.

"I can't stand to look at him, I don't trust him. I don't like the circle of friends he keeps, I don't like his policies," Schmitz said of Obama. "I'm pissed off by it. I'm beyond mad. How is he climbing up in the polls?"

On the way into the event, the Republican Party of Wisconsin handed out fliers reading "Your Vote Is Being Stolen," an anti-ACORN leaflet that concluded, "Why is vote fraud allowed? Vote fraud is allowed since it benefits Democrats."

The crowd showed equal disdain for the media, fueled by comments from Palin, who encouraged the Republican supporters to take the campaign's message around the media. "I can't pick a fight with those who buy ink by the barrel," she said. "It's dangerous territory whenever I suggest the mainstream media isn't asking all the questions."

That message was clearly shared among the crowd. Mike Payne, who traveled from Madison, Wis., for the rally, rejected the idea that McCain's supporters are angry, preferring to use the word "frustrated."

"It might have something to do with you guys," he told a reporter.
"It's not anger at all. It's frustration. There's millions of people around the country that think like we do. You guys refuse to acknowledge that, and you insult our intelligence by misreporting the information. You are treating [Obama] like he's Britney Spears (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Britney+Spears?tid=informline) and covering him like he's Paris Hilton (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Paris+Hilton?tid=informline), instead of the next president of the United States, potentially."

McCain advisers dismissed the crowd's angry tone as an exception and not representative of most of the campaign's events. And they noted that those gathered seemed most upset by the media's handling of the contest, and simply wanted McCain to be more aggressive.

They also noted that many of McCain's events are attended by liberal protesters, who often yell epithets and hold angry signs as McCain's bus drives by. And they recalled angry words from Obama at a rally in Las Vegas last month, in which he urged supporters to talk to their friends and neighbors, saying "I want you to argue with them and get in their face."

© 2008 The Washington Post Company
========

The McMeFirst rabble bots are really ugly, huh? America the Beautiful.

Ayers, Wright, New Party, socialism, blame EVERYTHING on the Dems all non-issues to piss off of the rabble, the red-necks, the right-wing dumbfucks. divisivie, polarizing, hate-fueled.

PM5K
10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
It is what it is, they've gotten more and more desperate as they've fallen behind in the polls and their supporters have folowed their lead and done the same.

PixelPusher
10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
stoking racism?

"They will say I don't look like the ones that came before me, They will say I have a funny name..."

jH2iufUU1f4

RandomGuy
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Why wow?

One or two associations I can brush off as coincidence...start putting the puzzle together though and one has to start asking questions about his judgement and who he'll appoint to office.

All of which means you are precisely the kind of "useful idiot" that the republican spin doctors hope for when they put out their 1/2 true propaganda.

1) Any objective investigation into the Obama/Ayers thing showed that there was really no proof of any close ties. The evidence supports a passing association, and that is about it.

2) Taking Mrs. Obama's quotes waaay out of context is yet another stretch of the truth.
Almost all of us are to some degree proud of our country, yet there are defining moments and events that really make us excited and ratchet up those feelings of pride to levels we have not experienced before. This is what anybody with any sense would take away from that, if they had truly watched the whole speech and not just the spoonfed quote parroted endlessly.

3) ACORN is not a group that "tries to undermine the sanctity of democracy". This group is being villified in a rather cynical attempt to smear Obama himself. "far-left" is the term usually used to describe it. Oddly enough, "undermining the sanctity of democracy" does not appear anywhere in their mission statement.

4) "Close" ties to the executives of Fannie and Freddie being that he took advice from executives that left Fannie and Freddie in the late nineties, long before the accounting scandals and other irregularities started popping up. Blaming them for what happened years after they left the organization is disinegenuous at best.

RandomGuy
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
ACORN to McCain: Have You Lost That Loving Feeling?
October 13, 2008

Senator Allied with ACORN as Recently as 2006, Now Turns Cold Shoulder

October 13, 2008, Miami, FL - U.S. Senator John McCain's recent attacks on the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) are puzzling given his historic support for the organization and its efforts on behalf of immigrant Americans. As recently as February 20, 2006, Senator McCain was the keynote speaker at an ACORN-sponsored Immigration Rally in Miami, Florida at Miami Dade College – Wolfson Campus.

The rally, co-sponsored by ACORN in partnership with the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC), Catholic League Services – Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia/Vota en Accion, the Service Employees International Union, and UNITE/HERE, was intended to call attention to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

Senator McCain spoke at the rally attended by hundreds of ACORN members, most of whom were dressed in the red shirts typical of its members. Senator McCain's speech focused on the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, a bipartisan, comprehensive reform bill, which McCain sponsored with Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA).

Bertha Lewis, Chief Organizer of ACORN, said, "It has deeply saddened us to see Senator McCain abandon his historic support for ACORN and our efforts to support the goals of low-income Americans. Maybe it is out of desperation that Senator McCain has forgotten that he was for ACORN before he was against ACORN; he was for immigration reform before he was against immigration reform; and he was a maverick before he became erratic. We were thrilled to partner with him to help reform the outdated immigration laws in this country, and were pleased to work closely with him on this issue."

Lewis continued, "We expected Senator McCain to support our efforts to give voice to millions of Americans who have never participated in an election before. We are surprised at his efforts to vilify an organization that, until recently, he saw as an ally. Maybe this surprise attack and change of heart is indicative of his state of mind, and the way he would govern."

Senator McCain and his campaign have recently launched a series of coordinated attacks on ACORN, the nation’s largest community organization of low-and moderate-income families.

Ms. Lewis went on to say that, "We are sure that the extremists he is trying to get into a froth will be even more excited to learn that John McCain stood shoulder to shoulder with ACORN, at an ACORN co-sponsored event, to promote immigration reform."

Senator McCain was joined at the rally by Rep. Kendrick Meek (D-FL), Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, and members of labor, business, and religious organizations.

George Gervin's Afro
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
ACORN has register 1.3 million people and 10, 20 ,30 instances of voter fraud. Isn't that like less than 1/10 of 1%? Oh the horrah!

ElNono
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
ACORN has register 1.3 million people and 10, 20 ,30 instances of voter fraud. Isn't that like less than 1/10 of 1%? Oh the horrah!

It's BILLIONS of votes siphoned in!!!! Oh NOES!!!!

RandomGuy
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Personally I find it rather sickening, if not not unsurprising, that the right in this country would continue its War on the Poor by seeking to discredit and destroy non-profit organizations that attempt to give a voice in public policy to people who are sadly under-represented in our government.

ACORN's mission is no different than many other programs that seek to improve the lot of the poor.

Here are some other organizational goal on the part of other groups, perhaps you could tell me how they are "far-left" and I will identify them for you:

Group A:
Attempts to help people find Missing Persons
Provides disaster relief
Attempts to assist in prisoner rehabilitation
Provides extra resources for drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation
Fights human trafficing through lobbying and assistence to victims

--------------------------

Group B works with partners around the world in providing emergency relief, refugee resettlement, and community development to those in need. All of this is made possible through the generous donations.... Group B staff and board members responsibly administer these gifts, enabling [people] to engage in simple acts of compassion that can make a difference for thousands around the world. Group B is committed to being a trustworthy organization capable of delivering resources that can bring hope and new opportunities for those confronting the many faces of poverty.

---------------------------

Group C is ... dedicated to our neighbors who are struggling with poverty and its uncertainties. We provide resources such as shelter, food, and clothing to families and individuals in need, helping them move from crisis to stability. We strive to eliminate the social causes of poverty that affect the people we serve by raising public awareness and advocating for change.

----------------------------------------------------

All of the above are religious-based organizations helping the poor in one way or another.

The message I get is that it is OK with the right when it is a church that helps the poor, but not ok if anybody else does it.

RandomGuy
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM

The types of fraund perpetrated by the people hired by ACORN doesn't tranlate into actual vote fraud.

You might be able to get a few jack-asses to sign registration cards for a registration drive, but it is another thing entirely to leverage those phony registrations into votes.