PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Hate Today?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2005, 06:20 PM
From Rasho, to Barry, to the refs, to Malik DNP-CD, to whatever else.

We just didn't bring it today, Miami did, and they barely won.

Get over it and move on.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 06:28 PM
All the hate because we lost.

No one likes loosing, so we look for excuses...

boutons
02-13-2005, 06:34 PM
There's no hate today. The Spurs didn't really play shitty like @Nets and @Wiz.

The just played lukewarm, blahs, vanilla, grey. MIA wanted it more.

Spurs couldn't bothered to get up for a statement game, #1 WC vs #1 EC, possible Finals oppenent. Hey, "it's only one game", but it's the 3rd in a row where the Spurs play below average to absolutely shitty ball.

1Parker1
02-13-2005, 06:35 PM
That's exactly why fans are mad. Because the "spurs didn't bring it." They should be bringing it every night, regardless of who they play. Today, not only didn't they bring their offense, they didn't bring their defense...which is something the Spurs should always be playing, even if their shots aren't falling. Miami got a lot of open look 3 point shots and points in the paint. Meanwhile, our bench sucked.

I wonder if Malik had played, would the game have been different? I'd like to think so. He usually does well against Shaq.

wildbill2u
02-13-2005, 06:38 PM
From Rasho, to Barry, to the refs, to Malik DNP-CD, to whatever else.

We just didn't bring it today, Miami did, and they barely won.

Get over it and move on.

I've never seen such a bunch of whining homers who think we're DUE to win every stinkin' game--no matter if it's at the end of a long road trip against the team most people say is the best in the East right now with Shag and Wade.

Shit, I think we'll be damn lucky to beat those guys in a seven game series in the NBA finals if we get there.

Why do some folks always have to look for scapegoats on the team on every damn loss and think that if we'd only bench this guy or trade for that guy we'd win 82 games a year?

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I just think the Spurs need to really step their game up in this stretch of last games before the break, and after the break.

I really want the Spurs to head into the play-offs with great momentum like they did last year from what I recall, sweeping Memphis.

Now, if the Heat sign Alonzo Mourning, the Spurs are really going to have to play tough D. You all seemed to disagree with me about being concerned of Alonzo and the Heat, well you should seriously consider the fact that the Heat are going to only improve. The Heat will have so many options to score, and when Shaq isn't on the floor, they still have Alonzo. If they are both on the floor at the same time, then we cannot double team Shaq, unless you want to leave Alonzo open for an easy dunk. Im telling you, if the Heat sign Mourning, then they are going to be a tough team to beat in the finals, in a 7 game series.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2005, 06:43 PM
This shouldn't have been a surprise. There were media quotes out there from Spurs players saying stuff like "it's just another game."

That was their attitude, meanwhile for the Heat it was a statement game.

The results are hardly surprising, for me anyway.

exstatic
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
That was their attitude, meanwhile for the Heat it was a statement game.

Did anyone else notice Wade throwing the ball up into the rafters after the game clock expired, like they'd won something major? :lol

ShoogarBear
02-13-2005, 07:54 PM
AHF making a lame attempt to get himself off the Hatas List here.

boutons
02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
"like they'd won something major?"

I saw that, and I think it shows how MAJOR this game was to MIA. MIA really wanted this game bad, much more than our sleepwalkers did. ABC showed list of how few games MIA has won vs WC. And here the Heat had the The Big Bad Spurs to measure themselves against. This was a statement game for MIA, they convinced themselves that they are for real, and that they can beat the Big Bad Spurs. Had they lost at @SBC (excuse: Wade didn't play), and then lost again @MIA but with Wade, their confidence would have been dented seriously. Spurs gave the Heat a huge dose of confidence today, and made an eventual Finals just that little bit harder for the Spurs. The Heat know now they can beat the not-invincible Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Aw come on 'Sug.

When I read Tony in the paper this morning saying "it was just another game" meanwhile seeing that Shaq, Wade, etc. talking about it being a gauge of where they're at vs. the best, I knew we'd probably lose the game.

I would have liked to see us win it and I am pissed about some of our play, the reality is we weren't up for this like it was a big game, Miami was, and it showed.

The only thing that pisses me off about today is the attitude our team took towards this game.

It was obvious that it was a big game to Miami, and we should have gone down there and ripped their fucking throats out and destroy their morale.

We just gave them hope for the playoffs, which IMO we shouldn't be doing for anyone remotely resembling a possible WCF/NBA Finals opponent.

T Park
02-13-2005, 09:01 PM
shpuld we have been?? yeah. does it concern you though that we weren't

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
It does concern me. We should be on a seek and destroy mission when we play any of the contenders (Seattle, Phoenix, Houston in the West; Detroit, Miami in the lEast).

Rummpd
02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I personally thought Tony and Manu brought it but a certain former 2x MVP has to look himself in mirror and say = why did I have to have my coach ride my ass to get me going?

td4mvp21
02-13-2005, 10:10 PM
^exactly. we lost because duncan didnt bring it nor did rasho. parker and ginobili played absolutely fine. we didnt play well, but the refs were some of the worst of the season but hey its shaq what do you expect.

myhc
02-13-2005, 10:26 PM
All the hate because we lost.

No one likes loosing, so we look for excuses...

We'll excuse you from being a mindless moron with his head stuck up Manu's ass because you're only 16 years old. Other than that, all the other whining idiots/wannabe general managers on this board who want to trade away half our freaking team including Barry, Rasho, Bowen, Malik, Beno, and Devin need to seriously shut the hell up. Without a doubt, this is the most sorry excuse for fans I've ever seen in my entire life. This utter lack of support for our players and our TEAM is disgusting. It's a slap in the face of everyone in the spurs organization from RC to Pop all the way down to Tim. It's quite obvious all you complaining jackholes have never played any sort of organized, team sports because otherwhise you wouldn't jump ship on the first sign of trouble and you wouldn't give up on players 3 months, 6 months, or even 1 year into their contract. Just needed to get this off my chest b/c every time I come here, there is some sort of player bashing and it goes too far.

1Parker1
02-13-2005, 11:03 PM
^^LOL. Careful myhc...you're not adhereing to your signature..."I'm Calm" :)

smeagol
02-13-2005, 11:13 PM
We'll excuse you from being a mindless moron with his head stuck up Manu's ass because you're only 16 years old. Other than that, all the other whining idiots/wannabe general managers on this board who want to trade away half our freaking team including Barry, Rasho, Bowen, Malik, Beno, and Devin need to seriously shut the hell up. Without a doubt, this is the most sorry excuse for fans I've ever seen in my entire life. This utter lack of support for our players and our TEAM is disgusting. It's a slap in the face of everyone in the spurs organization from RC to Pop all the way down to Tim. It's quite obvious all you complaining jackholes have never played any sort of organized, team sports because otherwhise you wouldn't jump ship on the first sign of trouble and you wouldn't give up on players 3 months, 6 months, or even 1 year into their contract. Just needed to get this off my chest b/c every time I come here, there is some sort of player bashing and it goes too far.
:wow :wow :wow

atlfan25
02-13-2005, 11:14 PM
myhc knows what the deal is. he is right on the money.

boutons
02-13-2005, 11:14 PM
"This utter lack of support for our players and our TEAM is disgusting."

Fans will follow their team to the ends of earth and 0-82, if the team really makes an honest effort.

If the team, esp a talented, well-coached team, makes a lukewarm BS effort (or worse) against a Finals candidate like today (for the 3rd straight game), the fans have every right to be pissed off.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Well I think myhc is off the boat to an extent.

Everyone here that is a Spurs fan loves the Spurs. If they didn't, they wouldn't be here. This forum is therapy for most via the capability to vent over losses. It doesn't mean that anyone here (well, maybe Sequ) is a shitty fan or anything, just that a lot of folks feel the need to vent/blame after losses, and forums like this provide that ability for folks.

Jdspur20
02-14-2005, 12:45 AM
all i know is, is that its feb. 13th, and we have 2 1/2 months of reg. left and we got along way to go, so the heat can take this win and enjoy it, cuse it won't mean crap 2 1/2 months from now. this game was disapointing, but by no means was a "statment" game or a game changer of any sort. take into consideration that what we need to do is worry about ourselves, which is most importantly make sure everyone is healthy come around april. it will be good for the spurs to have a week off after wed. game against the hornets

boutons
02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
"by no means was a "statment" game"

It was for the Heat, and it should have been for the Spurs, who dipshitted around, again.

WC/NBA #1 vs EC #1 (by 7 games), potentail NBA Finalists, it doesn't much more "statement' than that.

I, for one, believe not being able to win these games "we ought to win" indicates a real weakness in the Spurs that will bite them in the butt in the playoffs.

This was yet another loss after Christmas of a road game against a top team, a game that the Spurs lost too many of last (ring-less) season, but didn't lose in ring-ful 03.

TDfan2007
02-14-2005, 01:26 AM
I personally thought Tony and Manu brought it but a certain former 2x MVP has to look himself in mirror and say = why did I have to have my coach ride my ass to get me going?

Ya, we really should expect a ONE-LEGGED Tim to put up 25 and 12. Tim had a bad first half, but we still had the lead, our defense just plain sucked! And that is just as much Manu and Tony's fault as it is Tims.

Manu and Tony were looking for their own shot too much today!!! Manu refused to pass on the screen and roll and Tony just took too many shots.

They combined for only 4 assists (2 for Manu and 2 for Tony). Tim had more assists than them!!!

Also, Tim isn't playing well because he has no lift in his shot, as you could see, all of his jumpers were short.

Guys, I play basketball for my high school, and a lot of times I'll be playing post. So trust me when I say that if you have an injury to your ankle or heel, post up moves are REALLY hard to pull of (especially those jukes and spins that Tim is known for).

Tek_XX
02-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Two things that are overrated in the NBA: statement games and the Heat.

myhc
02-14-2005, 02:02 AM
"This utter lack of support for our players and our TEAM is disgusting."

Fans will follow their team to the ends of earth and 0-82, if the team really makes an honest effort.

If the team, esp a talented, well-coached team, makes a lukewarm BS effort (or worse) against a Finals candidate like today (for the 3rd straight game), the fans have every right to be pissed off.

You can be pissed all you want but some of the player bashing on this board to the tune of "Rasho is a poor excuse for human being" and "Get rid of Barry now" type comments are ridiculous and totally out of bounds. You don't think so? You're a piss poor excuse of a "fan," IMO, if you're willing to throw guys under the bus in the name of "criticism." You can disagree with game plans or if guys are being lackadaisacal on defense or free throw shooting etc. But you don't say "let's get rid of ________ NOW" when we've got the best record (or 2nd best) in the league. It's all just pointless whining and bitching. My god, we've been far too spoiled as fans. We feel entitled to perfection game in and game out and that's just not the reality of basketball......no wait, that's just not the reality of sports in general. Our guys are ALREADY performing at a championship caliber level or else we wouldn't have the record we have. What more can you expect? Like I said in rant #1, I'm highly doubtful some of the people trashing our players day in and day out have ever played any sort of organized TEAM sport because if they did, they would understand that some nights, THE OTHER TEAM will just be better than you and you accept it. Sounds pretty obvious but I feel the need to point that out as some don't seem to be able to see that or don't want to see that.

myhc
02-14-2005, 02:03 AM
^^LOL. Careful myhc...you're not adhereing to your signature..."I'm Calm" :)

Oh go to hell. :p