PDA

View Full Version : Lakers couldn't cut it with/without Kobe

MaNuMaNiAc
02-13-2005, 06:30 PM
In my opinion they were better off with Odom leading the team. Like always Bryant enters the game and believes that he alone can carry the team. He takes 22 FGs (ten more than the rest of the team) and only makes 7. I may be wrong but I liked Odom's play a lot better.

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 06:32 PM
In my opinion they were better off with Odom leading the team. Like always Bryant enters the game and believes that he alone can carry the team. He takes 22 FGs (ten more than the rest of the team) and only makes 7. I may be wrong but I liked Odom's play a lot better.
I did not watch this game, but I'm gonna have to agree with you because I hate Kobe.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-13-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't hate him, just think he's a little overrated that's all

missmyzte
02-13-2005, 06:47 PM
This was too funny. Sucky game, sad loss, but Kobe is talking to the media and someone asked him how he felt he played. Kobe turned it back around and said, "How do you think I did?" lol

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
This was too funny. Sucky game, sad loss, but Kobe is talking to the media and someone asked him how he felt he played. Kobe turned it back around and said, "How do you think I did?" lol
Kobe must have been frustrated over the loss...as some of us are from the Spurs game

sickdsm
02-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I was kinda surprising when they brought up Odom's numbers. Something like 18 PPG but he's number 7th in the L at rebounding????

MaNuMaNiAc
02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
yeah, the kid is foreal!!

missmyzte
02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Lamar is very talented and at times has taken over the game. However, he can't be counted on because he's more inconsistent than Tony Parker is and isn't the floor leader that he needs to be.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Well you could argue that Kobe is consistent in scoring points just because he gets about 10 more shots per game than the rest of his teammates. However, I still think Kobe is a more gifted player (obviously), although I like Odom efficiency and team play. I don't respect Kobe's approach of a one-man show. It might be lucrative but it certainly does not produce good results.

Medvedenko
02-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Kobe was just testing his ankles...he missed like 5 layups that he usually makes. Granted they need to mesh: Kobe and Lamar....to make a strong push in retaining the 8th seed. I have confidence. He looked pretty good for a guy who hasn't played in 30 days.

adidas11
02-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Having Kobe and Lamar is a good building block for the Lakers. It's almost like they're trying to recreate the Jordan/Pippen combination. Lamar brings many intangibles to the game, with his length on defense, excellent rebounding, and a good post game (when the Lakers decide to use him in that capacity). Just don't expect Lamar to be a superior scorer that many envisioned him to be earlier in his career.

Rummpd
02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
"Having Kobe and Lamar is a good building block for the Lakers. It's almost like they're trying to recreate the Jordan/Pippen combination."

Uh lots of luck there:

1) I saw Jordan play a number of times in person and as good as he is Kobe still ain't Jordan, especially on defense (Kobe very good but Jordan was absolutely great) or leadership and I don't believe he ever will be.

2) Pippen although a strange dude could flat out play and again his defense is so much better than Odom it is not funny. Plus Pippen played well off Jordan and by the way single handily was good enough to take his team to playoffs a year without Jordan. Don't even compare these two yet.