PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden endorses Obama

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Senator_Obama_is_getting_my_vote/167640

X-posted to the political forum.

bdictjames
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Well there goes half of Oregon to Obama.

tlongII
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Oregon is already a liberal state.

xtremesteven33
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Earth Shattering news!!!

A Black athlete supporting Obama!!!!

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Earth Shattering news!!!

Can you think of another athlete in the NBA (Black or otherwise) who has endorsed either candidate?

And as for Oregon's leaning, it's pretty much split down I-5, with things to the left leaning to the left and things east of I-5 leaning to the right. It was very much considered a swing state at least up until the most recent weeks. Washington, which has a very similar split, is still considered a swing state.

tlongII
10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Can you think of another athlete in the NBA (Black or otherwise) who has endorsed either candidate?

And as for Oregon's leaning, it's pretty much split down I-5, with things to the left leaning to the left and things east of I-5 leaning to the right. It was very much considered a swing state at least up until the most recent weeks. Washington, which has a very similar split, is still considered a swing state.

It's a liberal state. Portland and Eugene are liberal and that's where the majority of the population of the state is.

xtremesteven33
10-10-2008, 12:21 PM
My point was it doesnt suprise me to the least that Black athletes are supporting Obama.

like 90% of hollywood wants Obama to win.

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
It's a liberal state. Portland and Eugene are liberal and that's where the majority of the population of the state is.

Portland and Eugene are both part of what I was just describing.

It's a very split state. If you don't think that's true, you obviously haven't been to eastern Oregon. Or southern Oregon. Or central Oregon. Even Salem is moderate at best. I know - I used to work for the political action committee for my union, and we had the read on all the counties in Oregon.

Also, if Oregon was considered a solid blue state, McSame wouldn't have tried to dump a lot of money in there.

And if you need proof of how divided Oregon is, just look at the 1992 and 1994 battles over really ugly anti-gay bills, that were NARROWLY DEFEATED. And I understand Lon Mabon is on the rise again in Oregon.

Sissiborgo
10-10-2008, 12:27 PM
my man!..

Anti.Hero
10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
More like young millionaire with made-life before even stepping on the court endorsing Obama.

T Park
10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Uh he did this back in like February.

I. Hustle
10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Who cares?

Darkwaters
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Marxism for all...

tlongII
10-10-2008, 01:25 PM

It's a very split state. If you don't think that's true, you obviously haven't been to eastern Oregon. Or southern Oregon. Or central Oregon. Even Salem is moderate at best. I know - I used to work for the political action committee for my union, and we had the read on all the counties in Oregon.

Also, if Oregon was considered a solid blue state, McSame wouldn't have tried to dump a lot of money in there.

And if you need proof of how divided Oregon is, just look at the 1992 and 1994 battles over really ugly anti-gay bills, that were NARROWLY DEFEATED. And I understand Lon Mabon is on the rise again in Oregon.

Look, I live here and I know what I'm talking about. You are right that eastern oregon and central oregon are conservative, but SO WHAT? Nobody lives there.

tlongII
10-10-2008, 01:27 PM
And do you realize Portland is the only city I'm aware of that has an openly gay mayor?

koriwhat
10-10-2008, 01:42 PM
fuck mccain and his bitch palin! obama can ball and that's all it takes to convince me he'd be a fit in washington.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-10-2008, 02:09 PM
This is huge news because the elderly always vote in big numbers.

Xylus
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Wake me up when someone endorses Andrew Bynum for president.

IronMexican
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
And do you realize Portland is the only city I'm aware of that has an openly gay mayor?

That's gay.

tlongII
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
We're just weird.

Indazone
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
oh yeah, with Oden's endorsement Obama is sure to win now. That's how much Oden's endoresment matters. He's so important that even if he endorsed McCain he would win. Oden is so big in the state of Oregon that he'll swing the entire state any direction he even sniffs in. Oden is sooo big that if he sneezes left or right the entire country moves with him.

remingtonbo2001
10-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Look, I live here and I know what I'm talking about. You are right that eastern oregon and central oregon are conservative, but SO WHAT? Nobody lives there.

But she used to work for a political committee.

Who cares where you live, it's all about the committees.

Kamnik
10-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Earth Shattering news!!!

I am white as fucking paper and i support Obama...

And who the fuck would support a party that is basically racist against your own race but it keeps it hidden. No wonder all blacks support the democrats.

koriwhat
10-10-2008, 06:05 PM
And who the fuck would support a party that is basically racist against your own race but it keeps it hidden.

because there's a lot of dumbfucks out there.... these are the same dumbfucks who voted bush into office twice. DUMBFUCKS!

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
But she used to work for a political committee.

Who cares where you live, it's all about the committees.

Uh, I also lived in Oregon from 1991 to 1999. And I go back there as often as I can, since most of my closest friends still live there.

tlongII
10-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Uh, I also lived in Oregon from 1991 to 1999. And I go back there as often as I can, since most of my closest friends still live there.

Meaning what?

Glad to have you here by the way.... :)

T Park
10-11-2008, 01:34 AM

And who the fuck would support a party that is basically racist against your own race but it keeps it hidden. No wonder all blacks support the democrats.

??

Who is racist?

jayc23
10-11-2008, 01:48 AM
fuck politics.. they both are lying pricks

Biernutz
10-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Does anyone feel influenced to vote a certain way because of who a pro sports player or a Hollywood actor support? I thought not.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2008, 10:42 AM

Really?

Biernutz
10-11-2008, 12:04 PM

Who?-------Va. Democratic -Sen. Byrd http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/byrd.jpg

Kamnik
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
??

Who is racist?

A big part of republican party is racist. Some even openly to some extent.

Offcourse leading people must behave non racist but a lot of its supporters are racist. (not saying all are... but many)

Furthermore.... it is obvious as hell no racist would ever support the deomcrats.

tlongII
10-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Everybody is racist to some degree.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-11-2008, 01:08 PM

damn beaners.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-11-2008, 02:55 PM

If you don't mind me asking Tlong, what is your ethnic background? Because I'm pretty sure only a fucking Bulgarian would be retarded enough to make that kind of blanket statement.

Matchman
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
If you don't mind me asking Tlong, what is your ethnic background? Because I'm pretty sure only a fucking Bulgarian would be retarded enough to make that kind of blanket statement.

its a proven scientific fact with repeated experiments that everyone is racist to a certain degree. if u wanna read more about it, go pick up a college psychology 101 textbook and start readin'!:king

tlongII
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM

My mother is Bulgarian and my father is half Bulgarian.

Indazone
10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Greg Oden passed wind and farted to the left. Obama win for sure!

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-11-2008, 03:51 PM
My mother is Bulgarian and my father is half Bulgarian.

:lol Seriously?

Darkwaters
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
A big part of republican party is racist. Some even openly to some extent.

Offcourse leading people must behave non racist but a lot of its supporters are racist. (not saying all are... but many)

Furthermore.... it is obvious as hell no racist would ever support the deomcrats.

Somebody's a conspiracy theorist.

But what about democratic senator Ted Kennedy's shenanigans back in 69?

The Chappaquiddick incident refers to the circumstances surrounding the 1969 death of Mary Jo Kopechne, a former staff member in Senator Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign. Edward Kennedy was driving a car with Kopechne as his passenger when the Senator drove off Dike Bridge into the channel between Chappaquiddick Island and Martha's Vineyard. The Senator swam to safety, but Kopechne died in the car. Kennedy left the scene and did not call authorities until after Kopechne's body was discovered the following day. He pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and was sentenced to two months in jail, suspended.

Nobody is knocking this guy's door saying hes a murderer despite this blatantly shady action (way more than shady, downright ridiculous). Yet, hes a democratic icon.

All of these guys are shady and likely dirty. Democrat or Republican. We could talk all day about McCain or talk for several days about Obama. So get over yourself.

Kamnik
10-11-2008, 06:24 PM
All of these guys are shady and likely dirty.

Offcourse they are.... they are politicians.

I never said Democrats are angels... politics is dirty alltogether more or less.

Darthkiller
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
McSame sux

tlongII
10-11-2008, 11:11 PM
:lol Seriously?

Gotcha