PDA

View Full Version : A poll for McCain supporters

Supergirl
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Honestly, do you still think McCain is the best candidate the Republicans could have put up this year? Do you think Palin is the best VP candidate?

clambake
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
it's clear they should have replaced mccain with powell.

Buddy Holly
10-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Giuliani without question should have been chosen.

They would have still lost but it probably would have been closer and we'd have gotten reminded of 9/11 on a daily basis.

baseline bum
10-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Giuliani To Run For President Of 9/11 (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/giuliani_to_run_for_president_of_9)

February 21, 2007 | Issue 43•08
Related Articles
* John Edwards Vows To End All Bad Things By 2011 July 16, 2007
* Bush Told To Sign Birthday Treaty For Someone Named 'Kyoto' August 22, 2008

NEW YORK—At a well-attended rally in front of his new Ground Zero headquarters Monday, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani officially announced his plan to run for president of 9/11.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Giuliani.jpg
Giuliani at a campaign stop near Washington.

"My fellow citizens of 9/11, today I will make you a promise," said Giuliani during his 18-minute announcement speech in front of a charred and torn American flag. "As president of 9/11, I will usher in a bold new 9/11 for all."
Enlarge Image Giuliani

Giuliani at a campaign stop near Washington.

If elected, Giuliani would inherit the duties of current 9/11 President George W. Bush, including making grim facial expressions, seeing the world's conflicts in terms of good and evil, and carrying a bullhorn at all state functions.

"Let us all remember how we felt on that day, with the world watching our every move, waiting on our every word," said Giuliani, flanked by several firefighters, ex-New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, and Judith Nathan, his third wife. "With a campaign built on traditional 9/11 values, and with the help of every citizen who believes in the 9/11 dream, I want to make 9/11 great again."

According to Washington–based political analyst Gregory Hammond, Giuliani's candidacy "should not be underestimated."

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Giuliani-Bio.jpg

"Sure, he has no foreign or national policy experience, and both his personal life and political career are riddled with scandal," said Hammond. "But in the key area of having been on TV on 9/11, the other candidates simply cannot match him. And as we saw in 2004, that's what matters most to voters in this post-9/11 world."

After his downtown Manhattan announcement, Giuliani held an afternoon rally near the Pentagon. In the early evening, he flew to a field outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where he hosted a $5,000-a-plate fundraising dinner in a tent decorated with clouds of ash, streaming sheets of singed office paper, and small piles of authentic rubble from the World Trade Center site.

Among the policy planks listed on his website are his Cleaner Air Act, which would severely limit the levels of smoke and harmful gases allowed to pour from 747s flying into 110-story office buildings, guaranteed health insurance covering burns caused by shards of burning metal, and his "No Child Left Behind In A Smoldering Skyscraper" initiative.

Giuliani supporters praised the candidate for his "early and unwavering commitment" to 9/11.

"People talk about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, but did either of them happen to be mayor of New York in September 2001?" Bedford, NH resident Helen Rolfe said. "Guiliani was. To me, that speaks volumes about this man."

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Giuliani-Video.jpg
Still from an early "Giuliani For 9/11" ad now running in New Hampshire.

Though his campaign apparatus is not yet fully operational, Giuliani's "mobile campaign units"—refurbished fire trucks decorated with banners, balloons, and bloodstains, whose droning sirens continuously blare Giuliani's official campaign song—have already begun canvassing towns in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Giuliani's pro-9/11 message seems to be resonating with potential voters. Said Ames, IA voter Alan Benoit: "I remember seeing Rudolph Giuliani's face, on television, saying reassuring things during a highly emotional moment filled with fear and confusion. He's got my vote."

With more than a year until the primaries—unless Giuliani's court-filed request to hold New York's primary on the second Tuesday in September is approved—Giuliani said it is too early to discuss potential running mates, though he refused to rule out the possibility of naming a twisted, half-melted aluminum beam, an FDNY ball cap, or even John McCain. Giuliani, however, called rumors that he had met with a large shard of glass from the wreckage of the Pentagon "patently untrue."

"Letting 9/11 fall into the hands of the Democrats in 2008 would be nothing short of a national tragedy," Giuliani said. "Ever since 9/11 was founded that fateful day on 9/11, 9/11 has stood for one thing: 9/11."

Cry Havoc
10-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Ron Paul may not have done well during the months leading up to the election, but he would have dismantled both McCain and Obama in the economic debate.

Xylus
10-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm no McCain supporter, but I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries. I'd be even more inclined to do so now. I think he'd handle any economic crisis ten times more efficiently than either Obama or McCain; and I prefer his non-interventionist foreign policy over our current agenda in the Middle East, which is costing us an unbelievable amount of money, as well as decimating our image as the world's Ivory Tower. Paul's foreign policy isn't perfect by any means, but I think his actions as President would set the nation back on the right course.

KenMcCoy
10-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries...he's the only one who knows what he's talking about when it comes to the economy.

ducks
10-10-2008, 11:33 PM
I want palin in 4 years I think

baseline bum
10-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I would for once like to see the Republicans run someone who's an economic conservative and not only a social conservative (even better one who's a libertarian on social policy). If Ron Paul was running on the red side I would probably vote for him over Obama because he'd work to reign in spending to offset his tax cuts.

whottt
10-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Rudy Guilianni was always my #1 choice for this election.

Problem is that Rudy didn't really want to be President.

Democrats could have chosen better also...Jim Webb and Wesley Clark and yes Hillary would have been fine choices...actually they would have been fine choices as VP as well.

SnakeBoy
10-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Honestly, do you still think McCain is the best candidate the Republicans could have put up this year? Do you think Palin is the best VP candidate?

I think Romney was the most capable republican this year. The mormon thing didn't sit well with the religious right though.

Palin is without a doubt the best pick McCain could have made. Any other pick and he is down 20 points.

braeden0613
10-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Im not a Mccain supporter, but Ron Paul was really the only candidate that would bring actual beneficial change. Oh well, voting third party isnt too bad.

tomtom
10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
ron paul without a doubt

TDMVPDPOY
10-11-2008, 06:20 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/ofrsdx.jpg

SpursFanFirst
10-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I know it's a long shot, but I love the governor of Indiana.
When the last 2 governors left office, this state was an absolute mess.

Mitch Daniels came in and, in a very short period of time, turned this state around.
He drastically cut spending, brought us a surplus, reduced government, increased jobs, etc to this state....and didn't raise taxes to do it!

He's followed through on everything he's promised, and he isn't afraid to try different things.

He's extremely smart, and a business man from the word "go."

Prior to being governor, he was in the Bush administration. I know that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, BUT...he has experience on this level.

He's up for re-election this year, and it's expected to be a landslide.
And on top of it all, he runs a clean campaign.

I wish he had the name recognition to toss his hat out there.

Bartleby
10-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I think Huckabee may have been a better choice than Palin. He would have made the social conservatives happy and his background would have given a stronger populist dimension to the ticket, which would have been attractive to many middle class Dems and Independents. Plus, judging by his appearances on various talk shows, I think he has a great sense of humor and comes across as a relatively sincere, likable guy.

sook
10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Ron Paul is better than a 1000 baracks nuff said

DarrinS
10-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I liked Huckabee

Findog
10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul voted against Ike relief. He is absolutely right about our foreign policy, but he's also a bit of a nut.

baseline bum
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Huckabee is a moron. 23% sales tax is bullshit. All it does is punish the people who have to spend more of their income to get by. Even Ted Kennedy would be better than idiot creationist flat-tax Huckabee.

Nbadan
10-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I think Hutchinson would have been a much better running mate...

whottt
10-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Ron Paul is an extremist. He identifying of problems is very accurate...his solutions are extremist. By any measure of the word.

He's also got a very self centered world view.

Wild Cobra
10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Huckabee is a moron. 23% sales tax is bullshit. All it does is punish the people who have to spend more of their income to get by. Even Ted Kennedy would be better than idiot creationist flat-tax Huckabee.
People like your are the morons. Those who talk bad about the Fair Tax without knowingh jack-shit about it. If you dislike it, at least attack it from a real poblem it has. Not this propaganda relased for lemmings.

Kamnik
10-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I know it's a long shot, but I love the governor of Indiana.
When the last 2 governors left office, this state was an absolute mess.

Mitch Daniels came in and, in a very short period of time, turned this state around.
He drastically cut spending, brought us a surplus, reduced government, increased jobs, etc to this state....and didn't raise taxes to do it!

He's followed through on everything he's promised, and he isn't afraid to try different things.

He's extremely smart, and a business man from the word "go."

Prior to being governor, he was in the Bush administration. I know that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, BUT...he has experience on this level.

He's up for re-election this year, and it's expected to be a landslide.
And on top of it all, he runs a clean campaign.

I wish he had the name recognition to toss his hat out there.

Sound nice.... good for your state. I always thought that best governors and mayors are those that came from buisness and management and werent in politics from the start.

But reality in politics is that morons like Bush Jr. who has the right family name gets to run the strongest country on the world.

Galileo
10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I would vote for Tim Duncan for president and Alex Jones for VP. As long as Tim does not have to take office until the NBA playoffs are over.

SpursFanFirst
10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Sound nice.... good for your state. I always thought that best governors and mayors are those that came from buisness and management and werent in politics from the start.

But reality in politics is that morons like Bush Jr. who has the right family name gets to run the strongest country on the world.

I don't know.
I didn't realize this before today, but Daniels has a long history in politics.
I always thought that he'd go back to the business world when he was done being governor...but after reading more about him, I'm thinking he may try to climb higher.

I sure hope so!

DarrinS
10-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I would vote for Tim Duncan for president and Alex Jones for VP. As long as Tim does not have to take office until the NBA playoffs are over.

Alex Jones is the biggest dim-bulb douche rag around besides Galileo, Nbadan, and boutons_.

:wakeup

braeden0613
10-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Alex Jones is the biggest dim-bulb douche rag around besides Galileo, Nbadan, and boutons_.

:wakeup
Yeah he's a little crazy, but I'd rather have him running the country than Mccain or Obama. That is how bad it has gotten.

timvp
10-12-2008, 01:46 AM
The Republicans needed to nominate Romney for his taskmaster skills but substitute Giuliani's bravado, Ron Paul's domestic policies, Huckabee's religion, McCain's experience and Petraeus' foreign policies. Combined into one man, they might have had a chance.

But I still would have bet on Obama to win, mainly because he can pull the Bush card and trump just about anything a Republican throws at him.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2008, 01:51 AM
The Republicans needed to nominate Romney for his taskmaster skills but substitute Giuliani's bravado, Ron Paul's domestic policies, Huckabee's religion, McCain's experience and Petraeus' foreign policies. Combined into one man, they might have had a chance.

But I still would have bet on Obama to win, mainly because he can pull the Bush card and trump just about anything a Republican throws at him.

did you check with whottt to make sure he won't ruin you uglystyle before this post?

baseline bum
10-12-2008, 01:52 AM

Who do you think is the best candidate for 2012 from the Republicans if Obama wins next month?

timvp
10-12-2008, 01:53 AM
did you check with whottt to make sure he won't ruin you uglystyle before this post?Yes.

Did you check with commonsense to see how laughable it is to be on Ron Paul's jock and then jump to Obama's?

MannyIsGod
10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Yes.

Did you check with commonsense to see how laughable it is to be on Ron Paul's jock and then jump to Obama's?

Ron Paul is politically closer to Obama than he is to McCain so I'm not sure thats laughable.

mookie2001
10-12-2008, 09:51 AM
sorry we just have this thing against neocons and chickenhawks, yeah there are other bad things in the world, but nothing worse

mookie2001
10-12-2008, 09:59 AM
mccains technically just a hawk though, hes like a&m linebacker mark dodge

timvp
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Ron Paul is politically closer to Obama than he is to McCain so I'm not sure thats laughable.Outside of Iraq, how so exactly?