PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Jeff Foster gets 2 year Extension

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-10-2008, 10:36 PM
The Pacers made a second move Friday, extending the contract of veteran center Jeff Foster, who was entering the final season of his deal....

Foster, a 6-11, 250-pound center, has spent his entire career as a Pacer; and in his nine years with the team, he has career averages of 5.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.

“I’d like to thank the Pacers’ organization for signing me,” said Foster. “We’re in the midst of returning Pacers’ basketball back to the stature of what our fans expect on and off the court. This is my 10th year and I have every intention of finishing my career here. I’m thankful to have been part of this organization and I’m excited to be able to continue to be part of the Pacers.”

Without the extension, Foster would've become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

“I’m very pleased that we’ve signed Jeff to an extension,” said Bird. “Jeff is very important to this franchise. He’s a glue guy; and his hard work, both on and off the court, makes him a great representative of this team.”

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800011696

T Park
10-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Hell of a career.

Don't understand why the Pacers did it, but whatever.

angelbelow
10-11-2008, 02:59 AM
im sure its cause hes a character guy. and they are trying to get as many of those as possible. would have liked him here next year but oh well.

SpursFanFirst
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM
:tu that's awesome news for the Pacers!

Kamnik
10-11-2008, 08:03 AM
They want to have hard working veterans as a role model to the younger players.

They were willng to take Rasho for the same reason.

They dont expect to be competitve enough in the next 2-3 years but to have veterans alongside to steer the youngsters and their work ethic and attitude is important.

JamStone
10-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Good job, Bird. You rescued the franchise.

Matchman
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
jeff foster is an underrated big man. i always want him to back up yao when deke retires

ploto
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
I really love Jeff but I am surprised they extended him to pay him that much when I think they could have had him cheaper as a free agent next summer. $13M over 2 years is a lot of money with the injuries he has had and his age. I would not expect anyone to pay Rasho that kind of money, and they are almost the exact same age and have fairly comparable levels of overall contribution to a team.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
10-15-2008, 08:02 AM
I wish I was a NBA "character guy"
You get paid to not get arrested