PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash would relish the opportunity for..

ducks
10-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Steve Nash would relish the opportunity to play one day for the Toronto Raptors, the two-time NBA MVP told the Globe and Mail.

In an interview with the Globe’s Michael Grange, the Phoenix Suns point guard said

he knows his playing days are coming to an end and he can easily envision finishing his career with the Raptors.

"I've enjoyed my success in Phoenix and would love to stay here," Nash said earlier this week. "But if not Phoenix, playing in Toronto would be a dream come true in many ways."

The 34-year-old has one season and a team option for a second left on his contract with the Suns.

"As long as it made sense from a basketball perspective and I could be an asset to a competitive team then I would relish the opportunity of playing (in Toronto)," Nash said, but added he isn’t interested in any ceremonial roles.

"If I was going up there just to hold babies and sign autographs, I think that would get tiresome for everyone pretty quickly."

The Globe story says the Raptors will have roughly $25-million (U.S.) available under the salary cap in 2010 when Nash is excpected to become a free agent.

"He's re-energized," Nash's agent, Bill Duffy told the Globe. "He wants to play past this contract and I'm sure there will be a number of options for him when the time comes."

duncan228
10-11-2008, 06:04 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106901

SequSpur
10-11-2008, 06:22 PM
ducks....

how in the shit is this spurs related? you're a fricking retard.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM
ducks....

how in the shit is this spurs related? you're a fricking retard.

Rasho used to play for the Spurs, then got traded to the Raptors, before being traded to Indiana.

So now anything Raptors related becomes somewhat Spurs related.