PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Acknowledges Tony Parker as Best PG in the NBA

Chief
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
My brother goes to Madison High school , he was walking towards class when he saw Chris Paul walking down the hall, his little brother goes there, they moved to san antonio after katrina.

He approached him and asked for his autograph, my brother couldn't find anything for him to sign so he pulls out a $1 for Chris to Sign.

Anyway the coolest part

he say's to Chris, Who's better, you or Deron Williams

Chris Say's "Tony Parker"

I never hated him off the court but that makes me change my mind about him a little on the court, he seems humble

lefty
10-11-2008, 09:23 PM
My brother goes to Madison High school , he was walking towards class when he saw Chris Paul walking down the hall, his little brother goes there, they moved to san antonio after katrina.

He approached him and asked for his autograph, my brother couldn't find anything for him to sign so he pulls out a $1 for Chris to Sign.

Anyway the coolest part

I never hated him off the court but that makes me change my mind about him a little on the court, he seems humble

Wait for the next official Spurs-Hornets game.

His arrogance will remind you why you hated him before

wisnub
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I never hated CP3 in the first place..the dude is solid. His team is also a quiet one,not yap yap in the media like Suns...like it or not they are contender for the West.. We need Ian to get back A.S.A.P

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Why did you post this twice?

T Park
10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Chris Paul is easily my favorite player outside of the Spurs.

Good kid, good head on his shoulders, does alot of great work in the community, wants to win so badly as well.

Nothing to hate on Chris Paul.

JamStone
10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I was at a oriental massage parlor in New Orleans getting drunk with a couple hookers... I mean masseuses, and Chris Paul was there getting topped off, and he told me that he tells people that other point guards are better than him just so he appears humble.

jaffies
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
He's only arrogant on the court.
In interviews and shit like that, he's always saying the right things.
But, the way he carries himself and how he's always talking shit to everyone on the court including his teammates gives insight to what his true personality is like.
He probably said "Parker" just cause he was in SA.

ducks
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Chris Paul is easily my favorite player outside of the Spurs.

Good kid, good head on his shoulders, does alot of great work in the community, wants to win so badly as well.

Nothing to hate on Chris Paul.

so you love people who flop?

baseline bum
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
CP3's awesome. If they won game 7 last year I would have rooted for him to go all the way.

Obstructed_View
10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I was at a oriental massage parlor in New Orleans getting drunk with a couple hookers... I mean masseuses, and Chris Paul was there getting topped off, and he told me that he tells people that other point guards are better than him just so he appears humble.

Yeah, there's no fucking way Paul believes that shit. He was insulted by fact that he wasn't being asked about how he compares to Kobe.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-11-2008, 10:03 PM
CP3's awesome. If they won game 7 last year I would have rooted for him to go all the way.

+1

HarlemHeat37
10-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm not a fan of Paul..he's a flopper(I know Manu is too, but he's WIDELY publicized as a flopper..a lot of people don't acknowledge Paul as one) and he acts like a little pussy when he's on the court..

lefty
10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
so you love people who flop?

You mean his simili flops? :lol

More like a spinorama

DMX7
10-11-2008, 11:00 PM
He's definitely living one of the more glamorous lifestyles of any PG in the NBA. Which is good, because finally someone doesn't feel guilty for being a little flashy on a team that is too often obsessed with being dull and boring. Thank you TP!

Typhoon
10-11-2008, 11:13 PM
He's just being nice, CP3>Parker but it's nice of him to say that.

LakerHater
10-11-2008, 11:24 PM
No, you see this is why people hate US Spurs fan!
We don't hate Chris Paul the person, we hate Chris Paul the Hornets player!

BlackSwordsMan
10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
how nice of you =]

exstatic
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Players get coached on how to handle interviews, the right thing to say, etc. That goes all the way back to Steve Garvey's LA Dodger days in the 1970s. The real person always comes out under stress or duress. You saw that in his little bitch move, running off the court like a little girl when they lost the series to the Spurs. That's the real Chris Paul, folks.

angelbelow
10-11-2008, 11:37 PM
sweet.

angelbelow
10-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Players get coached on how to handle interviews, the right thing to say, etc. That goes all the way back to Steve Garvey's LA Dodger days in the 1970s. The real person always comes out under stress or duress. You saw that in his little bitch move, running off the court like a little girl when they lost the series to the Spurs. That's the real Chris Paul, folks.

well then he probably would have said deron, not a wildcard choice like parker.

Spork KIller
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM

Anyway the coolest part

Tony Parker is not even a top 10 pg in the NBA thank you!

jacobdrj
10-12-2008, 12:16 AM
I think CP3 was going for the safe response... as he will have to deal with Deron for a lot longer thant he will presumably have to deal with TP...

exstatic
10-12-2008, 08:53 AM
well then he probably would have said deron, not a wildcard choice like parker.

I think CP3 was going for the safe response... as he will have to deal with Deron for a lot longer thant he will presumably have to deal with TP...

He was also in San Antonio at the time.

td4mvp21
10-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I hate CP3 on the court. Off the court, not a problem. On the court, he's a bit arrogant and a hot head. Nothing made me happier then seeing the Spurs come back from 2-0 and eliminate the Hornets on their home floor.

Ronaldo McDonald
10-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I hate CP3 on the court. Off the court, not a problem. On the court, he's a bit arrogant and a hot head. Nothing made me happier then seeing the Spurs come back from 2-0 and eliminate the Hornets on their home floor.

That might have been the ballsiest series for the spurs ever since I've started watching them IMO.

Even though they lost this past season they had a lot of heart, and that series was one in which they showed that.

lefty
10-12-2008, 03:39 PM

+1

I would have been pissed off if we lost to them last season

DPG21920
10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, there's no fucking way Paul believes that shit. He was insulted by fact that he wasn't being asked about how he compares to Kobe.

How do you know he was not being genuine? He could very well think that.

DPG21920
10-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Good God thank you. This is the exact point I was trying to make in the other thread and got reamed for it.

Obstructed_View
10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
How do you know he was not being genuine? He could very well think that.

Chris Paul thinks Tony Parker is better than he is? Get your head out of your ass. Hell, I hate Chris Paul, and I don't even think Parker's better than he is.

Manufan909
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Chris Paul thinks Tony Parker is better than he is? Get your head out of your ass. Hell, I hate Chris Paul, and I don't even think Parker's better than he is.

+1

Parkers never really had the chance to show his true worth over a season being the true leader of the team and it's best player like CP3, but he's definitely top 3 PG material, not #1 at anything besides being the best French player in the NBA.

DPG21920
10-12-2008, 08:43 PM

I think he respects Tony (all of his hardware) enough to put him on his level.

MrChug
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hearsay.

bdictjames
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Love Chris Paul's game.

If flopping wins games, hey if the Spurs can do it why not the Hornets eh? Nothing to hate.

Anti.Hero
10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
It's all an act.

He knows he is the NBA's new golden boy. He knows this persona cuts him slack on the court.

icem
10-13-2008, 02:42 AM
arent he and tony good friends ??? i think thats why he would say that. we all know tony is not the best pg in the nba.

dn0774
10-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Eva doesn't even think TP is better than Chris Paul....

Srsly tho, Chris was just being friendly to a Spurs fan, whether he and Tony are friends or not it is plainly obvious Chris is the superior player in virtually every aspect of basketball.

anakha
10-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Chris is the superior player in virtually every aspect of basketball.

Not quite.

Whisky Dog
10-13-2008, 10:00 AM
The question you should have asked him is if he believes in god(s).

nil.ball
10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
So Tony Parker is better than Chris Paul, imagine if you swap Parker with Paul and Paul with Parker. Which team will win? I'll pick the Duncan/Paul duo with manu as 6th. That's insanely stacked. On the other hand, NO will suck with Parker at PG

case closed.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Srsly tho, Chris was just being friendly to a Spurs fan,

And he deserves some props for that, as it was a clever way of dodging the question, but nobody should believe it.

mrspurs
10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
CP3 knows he's the best point and has the numbers to prove it. What he doesnt have is TP's rings and MVP. So Im guessing thats why CP3 says what he says.

Red Hawk #21
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I hate Chris Paul so much, it ticks me off when he is called the Best Pg in the Nba even though his D is weak and he is consistently raped by Deron Williams. I hate him so much, this guy shoots floater after floater after floater, when he is in trouble he goes to his bailout play (alley-oop to Tyson Chandler) then he yells stuff like "He can't guard me". Fuck Chris Paul, I cannot deny that he is a good player but for him to be called "the Best PG in the Nba"?! Parker is better than him and way more humble, Deron williams is also better than that pussy Chris Paul.

Oh and by the way check out this vid. Feb 4, 2008 Deron williams vs Cp3. Deron Williams with 29 points and 11 assists, Chris Paul with 6 points and 6 assists. I wonder why Chris Paul wasn't talking his shit in that game.: bM53-Y5Kybc

J-Rock6X
10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I think the more important question is will Chris Paul's brother B ball for Madison?

J-Rock6X
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Anyway the coolest part

I love my Spurs. I have even been called a "homer". A fanatic if you will. But Paul is head and shoulders above TP. No comp.

sexinthatsx
10-21-2008, 02:31 AM
perhaps the thing that pissed me off about chris paul was his blatant flops, they were ridiculous. But other than at least he's humble

romain.star
10-21-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't think that Paul truly believes what he said about TP being better than him but he said again this week in Barcelona that TP was his role model.
Actually, they're just very good friends (daily phone calls) with a lot of respect for each other.