PDA

View Full Version : Romo Out 4 Weeks

dickface
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
broken pinky on his throwing hand. link coming.

dickface
10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3640890

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has a broken pinkie on his throwing hand and will be out four weeks, a team source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

Romo initially was diagnosed with a pinkie sprain in Sunday's 30-24 overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Veteran quarterback Brad Johnson, the Cowboys' holder on kicks, is Romo's backup.

The Cowboys have lost two of their last three games after starting the season 3-0.

Evan
10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm an optimistic Cowboy fan but this could kill the season…I am not sure a 10-6 makes the playoff's in the NFC.

JudynTX
10-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Whoa!

Taco
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
wow

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
LOL Didn't farve play with broken fingers? Romo is such a pussy.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
AND with this the trifecta is complete. My hex worked. I said VY, Brady, and Romo would all get hurt this year. The Madden Curse Aint got shit on me!!

xtremesteven33
10-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Im a Romo fan but not a Cowboy fan....and i gotta admit, i think this could end up being a blessing in disguise for the cowboys.

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Who is the back up?

Evan
10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Who is the back up?

Brad Johnson...great player but broken down and 3 years too late.

Evan
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I am sure he will be back in 2

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Lol, Brad Johnson. This will be tough for them. They are lucky the Eagles floundered pretty fast this year.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Yay, Brad Johnson! Finally got a winner back there instead of that choking guy.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Lol, Brad Johnson. This will be tough for them. They are lucky the Eagles floundered pretty fast this year.

Yeah Brad sucked balls in pre season. He is too old, so Romo wont lose his job. This could either be really good for the boys or really really bad.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Yay, Brad Johnson! Finally got a winner back there instead of that choking guy.

LMAO, I wonder if Simpson is going to hit on Brad now?

xtremesteven33
10-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Cowboys are stuggling this year due to one simple reason:

Bad Coaching

thats it..bottom line.

sure Romo isnt an elite QB, but hes a good solid one who can make big plays. Wade Phillips needs to get his crap together and coach this team and not be thier cheerleader.

clambake
10-13-2008, 11:07 AM
dear jessica, does romo fumble in bed?

samikeyp
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm an optimistic Cowboy fan but this could kill the season…I am not sure a 10-6 makes the playoff's in the NFC.

agreed. :depressed

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
LMAO, I wonder if Simpson is going to hit on Brad now?

:rollin

mytespurs
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Yikes!!!! And Brad Johnson is the backup???!!! :wow :wow

Well, Brad did lead the Bucs to the SB 4-5 years ago but does he have enough? I imagine the Cowboys will be looking for another backup QB....will Daunte get a call?

J.T.
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Fucking Romo, couldn't you have broken your pinkie the week before you burned me in fantasy to get hurt?

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Fucking Romo, couldn't you have broken your pinkie the week before you burned me in fantasy to get hurt?

LMAO

bostonguy
10-13-2008, 12:12 PM
A healthy Romo or not healthy Romo, the Cowboys arent going anywhere unless their defense plays at a championship level. They have to play 3 games without him (I believe they have a bye week after the 3rd game vs the Giants). I can see them going 2-1. A true testament to their character and heart will be displayed more than ever now. They either pull together and step up as a team, or they fall apart and this thing ends in an ugly disaster. I think they will be fine if the D steps up but that's a huge IF. Time will tell.

BTW: As vital as Tom Brady was in the Pats 3 superbowls, they dont win any of those championships if their D didnt play at a clutch championship level.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
BTW: As vital as Tom Brady was in the Pats 3 superbowls, they dont win any of those championships if their D didnt play at a clutch championship level.

I say the first 2 super bowls it was the D that deserves those championships and Brady was just avg during those years. He did have a great Oline though. Championship 3 it was very balanced between off and def IMO. Brady was IMO above avg in the beginning, however now yeah he is pretty damn good. One of my friends thinks he is better than Manning (Peyton) but I wouldnt go that far.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Yep, they can't just rely on the offense anymore, so maybe that will be a wake up call. The D was pretty good yesterday, particularly the secondary, and the running game is still potent. Romo or no Romo, I still expect them to completely destroy the Rams.

It's not too late to get it together and go on a run like the Giants did last year, but they can't just throw the next three games in this division.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Yep, they can't just rely on the offense anymore, so maybe that will be a wake up call. The D was pretty good yesterday, particularly the secondary, and the running game is still potent. Romo or no Romo, I still expect them to completely destroy the Rams.

It's not too late to get it together and go on a run like the Giants did last year, but they can't just throw the next three games in this division.

They have 2 really good rb's as a 1 2 punch combo. They should just run all over the rams. The Rams got lucky against Wash. I dont see that happening this week.

benefactor
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Meh...Don't feel sorry for Dallas at all. Houston has been dealing with crap like this for years.

BlackSwordsMan
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Duncan would play with a broken pinky.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Duncan would play with a broken pinky.

LMAO

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Meh...Don't feel sorry for Dallas at all. Houston has been dealing with crap like this for years.

Im sure all the Dallas fans that laughed when Brady went down didnt feel bad for the Pats.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Im sure all the Dallas fans that laughed when Brady went down didnt feel bad for the Pats.

:lol I'm sure that's true. I'm sure all fans everywhere that laughed when Brady went down probably didn't do so out of pity.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
:lol I'm sure that's true. I'm sure all fans everywhere that laughed when Brady went down probably didn't do so out of pity.

LOL shit I have no ties to the PATS and hate them because they are winners and I laughed over and over. Also at the schmucks who drafted him in the first round of Fantasy Football hahahaha.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
LOL shit I have no ties to the PATS and hate them because they are winners

:lmao

lol, texans

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL shit I have no ties to the PATS and hate them because they are winners and I laughed over and over. Also at the schmucks who drafted him in the first round of Fantasy Football hahahaha.

Weren't you the one around here earlier talking about karma? If so, I don't think it means what you think it means. Well, maybe it does. Like Mono said, Texans.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Weren't you the one around here earlier talking about karma? If so, I don't think it means what you think it means. Well, maybe it does. Like Mono said, Texans.

LOL dude Karma doesnt even look at us because right now we suck hurt or not. Rosenfels looked really good against the Colts, but he fucked up more than a QB has ever fucked up IMO and gave the Colts that game. Matt Schaub is like someone said in another thread. He is Carr 2.0!! He forces the ball TOO MANY FUCKING times and gets picked. He did however close out this weeks game nicely with that last drive but it would have ended if Andre wasnt a beast and wrestled the ball away on that shitty throw. Hey Mono, since Miami beat the pats and we beat Miami, does that mean the Texans are better than the pats?

LOL Pats
LOL Brady
LMAO on Mono's post superbowl meltdown and not wanting to watch sports every again

Evan
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
FYI…Cowboys press conf…Wade says its not 4 weeks and its week to week.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 01:24 PM

lol, texans

Hey Mono remember this

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86361

for what it's worth in an attempt to own up, the first 10 people to post a pic in this thread get their pic put in my sig until after next year's Super Bowl.

i may not post much more tho because i am seriously considering quitting watching sports altogether.

4 massive gut punches in 2 years from my 2 favorite teams is too much to take. i was pissed last night but right now i seriously have no interest in ever being this disappointed ever again in my life, much less for something as trivial as this. i just have no interest in watching anything Mavericks or Patriots related ever again. They'll still be my favorite teams, but it's just too much to take for me.

first 10 pics get into my sig starting now. have fun.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86324

mexicanjunior
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Cowboys are done, no way they even go .500 during the Romo injury stretch. If the coaching staff is smart, they will give Brooks Bollinger a shot and cut Brad Johnson, he absolutely has nothing left. Even with Romo, the Cowboys weren't winning the division (Giants will), much less going to the Superbowl. They will be better off tanking the season, getting a good draft pick to use on a TO replacement and overhauling the coaching staff...starting with Wade.

Evan
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Cowboys are done, no way they even go .500 during the Romo injury stretch. If the coaching staff is smart, they will give Brooks Bollinger a shot and cut Brad Johnson, he absolutely has nothing left. Even with Romo, the Cowboys weren't winning the division (Giants will), much less going to the Superbowl. They will be better off tanking the season, getting a good draft pick to use on a TO replacement and overhauling the coaching staff...starting with Wade.

Wade Phillips press conf...Romo is not out 4 weeks.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Wade Phillips press conf...Romo is not out 4 weeks.

Yeah but does Wade really know?

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey Mono remember this

Still beats rooting for the Texans.

Evan
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah but does Wade really know?

More than we do you would think. He also noted Felix is getting an MRI.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Still beats rooting for the Texans.

Your not supposed to be rooting for anyone you fucking quitter.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM

What happened to Felix? I missed that.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Your not supposed to be rooting for anyone you fucking quitter.

I never quit, I just said I was going to. Kinda like Brett Favre, whose team also sucks less than the Texans do.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I never quit, I just said I was going to. Kinda like Brett Favre, whose team also sucks less than the Texans do.

There arent many teams that suck as much as the Texans, Im not in denial. Just like Farve are you going to switch teams? LOL I am not sure why I even asked that, everyone knows you will.

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Yeah but I just wonder how in the loop Wade really is. I know he's not completely the illiterate country bumpkin he's portrayed as, but at the same time I think I'll wait for the official word when Jerry chimes in.

Evan
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
What happened to Felix? I missed that.

Not sure really…I remember seeing him get stretched out during the game and now all the sudden he's getting an MRI….ugh..hope its just a precaution.

Yeah but I just wonder how in the loop Wade really is. I know he's not completely the illiterate country bumpkin he's portrayed as, but at the same time I think I'll wait for the official word when Jerry chimes in.

I don't disagree. He definitely slants everything as positive as possible but too be honest I am grasping at any security blanket I can find. hah

monosylab1k
10-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't disagree. He definitely slants everything as positive as possible but too be honest I am grasping at any security blanket I can find. hah

haha, don't worry it's only 3 actual games, and Brad Johnson is at least a decently capable backup who has a ton of experience. The Rams game should still be a win, and the Bucs game is very winnable. 2-1 is realistic and 3-0 is definitely possible.

plus, it's not like Romo tore his ACL and his backup is a weak armed loser who hadn't started a game since high school :depressed

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
haha, don't worry it's only 3 actual games, and Brad Johnson is at least a decently capable backup who has a ton of experience. The Rams game should still be a win, and the Bucs game is very winnable. 2-1 is realistic and 3-0 is definitely possible.

plus, it's not like Romo tore his ACL and his backup is a weak armed loser who hadn't started a game since high school :depressed

I dont know about the Bucs, they are playing really good football and on top of their div. That defense is pretty good. Then the G-men in 3 weeks. If Romo is out all 3 of those games I say they will win 1 out of 3 (1 being against the rams).

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey Mono remember this

Just read that sig thread. It was awesome.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Just read that sig thread. It was awesome.

LOL yeah Iron, now you know what kind of bitch your dealing with when it comes to Mono.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Felix tweaked his hamstring on that first down run, which is why you basically didn't see him after that. No word on the MRI results yet, but they aren't going to want to lean heavily on him if he's banged up. Looks like it's on BJ and the Barbarian.

IronMexican
10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Lol, the first thing I do whenever I join a forum is go to posts from 2/3/2008 or around that date. I missed that one.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Felix tweaked his hamstring on that first down run, which is why you basically didn't see him after that. No word on the MRI results yet, but they aren't going to want to lean heavily on him if he's banged up. Looks like it's on BJ and the Barbarian.

You should be able to beat up on the Rams with those 2 fairly easy, but you better hope you have FJ back for Tampa.

BacktoBasics
10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Jason Garrett is going to run the Wildcat from here on out.

ATRAIN
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Jason Garrett is going to run the Wildcat from here on out.

LOL fucking Wildcat

Chief
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
This could be the best thing to happen to the cowboys even if it's for a short term.

Brad Johnson , however old, is a disciplined experienced playoff tested superbowl winning quarterback , he just goes out there and plays, he kept the vikings in it a couple of years ago, I think we can do without the 455 fumbles that romo has a game and interceptions.

I see more passes going to T.O.

Experienced quarterbacks find their best receivers, somehow, someway

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Crap.

CubanMustGo
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
This could be the best thing to happen to the cowboys even if it's for a short term.

Brad Johnson , however old, is a disciplined experienced playoff tested superbowl winning quarterback , he just goes out there and plays, he kept the vikings in it a couple of years ago, I think we can do without the 455 fumbles that romo has a game and interceptions.

I see more passes going to T.O.

Experienced quarterbacks find their best receivers, somehow, someway

If Romo was under pressure all day, Johnson will be in a world of hurt. He's only slightly more athletic than an arthritic armadillo. The OL can't suck like they did yesterday and expect him to survive.

BUMP
10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
If Romo was under pressure all day, Johnson will be in a world of hurt. He's only slightly more athletic than an arthritic armadillo. The OL can't suck like they did yesterday and expect him to survive.

but with Johnson, the ball is coming out. he knows just when to get rid of it. Johnson really impressed me with his recent tenure in Minnesota atleast the first half of the season. then they kinda mailed it in later

BRHornet45
10-14-2008, 12:46 AM
what a pussy

ShoogarBear
10-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Brad Johnson is a decent QB for about six games a year until he gets the ragarm. If he hasn't petrified, this could work out okay for the Cowboys.

SpursFanFirst
10-14-2008, 07:03 AM

You give Romo too much credit.

DBryant88
10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Its not like Romo has done a bad job. he has thrown 14 TD's. I think that their Hearts not in it, they had some many expectations and now that aren't living up to them. It could kill any team.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Now is the time we will see if Jason Garrett is worth all the hype. If he is as good and as ready to be a head coach as a lot of us (myself included) have said, now is the time we will see it. He has to get creative using the weapons he has and at the same time, not get his 102 year old QB killed.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd submit that now is the time NOT to be creative. You have a good offensive line, a good running back, and several good tight ends. If you can't just beat the Rams playing smash-mouth football, then you aren't a Super Bowl caliber team anyway.

samikeyp
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd submit that now is the time NOT to be creative. You have a good offensive line, a good running back, and several good tight ends. If you can't just beat the Rams playing smash-mouth football, then you aren't a Super Bowl caliber team anyway.

I agree with you about the Rams but TB and NY are different. I don't mean creative like double reverses and flea flickers but do some things that keep the other team off balance and your aged QB up right. Dallas has become too predictable of late.

Whisky Dog
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Garrett needs to 1) Challenge the hell out of that O line to play ball and get their shit together, 2) Come up with a game plan that allows for added protection and utilizes Barber and Choice as both blockers and dump off choices for Johnson.

I wonder how long it takes to get Roy into the offense.

Evan
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I wonder how long it takes to get Roy into the offense.

3 - 5 weeks?

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I agree with you about the Rams but TB and NY are different. I don't mean creative like double reverses and flea flickers but do some things that keep the other team off balance and your aged QB up right. Dallas has become too predictable of late.

As I've said before, Dallas has become too predictable in that they try to fool the other team and end up playing away from tendencies. At some point you have to start playing the odds. Cleveland beat the Giants last night by just out muscling them. The Cowboys have far better lines than most teams in the league on both sides of the ball.

And Tampa and New York don't mean anything if you can't beat the Rams.

Evan
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Looks like Romo is getting fitted with a splint and may go this Sunday.

MAY GO

Obstructed_View
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I heard something about Favre calling him and telling him how he played with the same injury.

Biernutz
10-14-2008, 06:30 PM
That broken pinkie just saved Wade Phillips his job. The team has been just sliding along and not playing well. You could see the team frustration before this loss. Jerry was probably ready to pull the trigger. Jerry won't throw his boy "Jason " in there now where he could fail but it's just a matter of time. Wade is history if the boys don't win it all.

SpursFanFirst
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I heard something about Favre calling him and telling him how he played with the same injury.

if you can deal with the pain and can function good enough with a splint,'' Favre said. "If not, don't try.''

Romo will not require surgery but is expected to miss four weeks with his injury. While quarterbacks such as Favre and Drew Bledsoe -- the quarterback Romo replaced in Dallas -- have played with broken fingers, the Cowboys explain that the pinkie is essential in gripping the ball whereas other fingers are more involved in delivering accurate passes and taking direct snaps from under center.

Favre told Romo that his thumb injury "hurt like hell, but that doesn't mean a pinkie would be any easier.''

Although there seems to be some unjustified question about Romo's toughness, Favre has no such doubts, lavishing praise on a player whose reckless style and fun-loving nature on the field has been compared to the future Hall of Famer who holds virtually every significant NFL record for quarterbacks.

"I talked to Tony about what I did to play with the thumb,'' Favre said. "Everyone is different and the two injuries are different, so only Tony knows. I will say this: Not only do I think he's tough, but I think he's also one of the top five playes in the entire league.''

to21
10-15-2008, 08:26 AM
With Johnson at the helm it can be done.....max protect the mofo and run the damn ball. When that doesn't' work, dink and dunk. Like samikeyp said, keep the defense off balance.

resistanze
10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
He's only slightly more athletic than an arthritic armadillo.

Sig material.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2008, 07:45 PM

Favre also told Romo to tell the media he's thinking about retiring.

Obstructed_View
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Favre also told Romo to tell the media he's thinking about retiring.

:lol