PDA

View Full Version : Olympiacos $70 Million Budget Next Year

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
They have approve $70 million budget for next season and have promise to sign one big player from NBA. Are they try to get Kobe then?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/sports/basketball/12owner.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

In his first interview with an American reporter, Panayiotis Angelopoulos said he and his younger brother would be courting top-tier N.B.A. players for years to come.

“Next season I will open up a small office for free agents in New York, and I will take petitions,” said Angelopoulos, who wore jeans, an untucked dress shirt and low-cut sneakers without socks in an interview in his office last week.

People will take them more seriously now that they have given Childress $20 million guaranteed over three seasons, the biggest contract in basketball outside the United States. The team pays the Greek taxes, the 10 percent agent’s fee and provides Childress’s housing and expenses, so the deal will really cost Olympiacos $30 million.

No one in N.B.A. circles is laughing because Olympiacos, with a $70 million operating budget, could be in the free-agent market.

xtremesteven33
10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
na na na na, na na na na.....hey hey hey goodbye....

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Starbury will be in Greece next year. Woo hoo.

JamStone
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Can't wait for them to sign Stephon Marbury for $35 million a year. It will be huge for them.

JamStone
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Starbury will be in Greece next year. Woo hoo.

Beat me by a minute. Dam you.

Matchman
10-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Can't wait for them to sign Stephon Marbury for $35 million a year. It will be huge for them.

i know starbury is a hothead and an epic fail in the nba but i am absolutely sure he will dominate in those weakass european league. they dont have the kind of crossovers that starbury has in europe:toast

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Beat me by a minute. Dam you.

:lol What's scary is that we thought of it at the same time.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
The owners watch NBA league pass all the time. They are also ones make decision on who they sign. You are crazy if you think they will offer huge contract to Marbury. is this stupid joke?

They set aside increase of $20 million net salary or same as about $40 million gross per year NBA contract for one player in budget increase next year and you think this is for Marbury? Some people here are retards. Like all PAO fans I hate Olympiacos but their owners is very very smart. There is only one player in NBA they can be target with this salary and is not Marbury.

The Franchise
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Kill Bill Pana!!!!!

robbie380
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
They have approve $70 million budget for next season and have promise to sign one big player from NBA. Are they try to get Kobe then?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/sports/basketball/12owner.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

In his first interview with an American reporter, Panayiotis Angelopoulos said he and his younger brother would be courting top-tier N.B.A. players for years to come.

“Next season I will open up a small office for free agents in New York, and I will take petitions,” said Angelopoulos, who wore jeans, an untucked dress shirt and low-cut sneakers without socks in an interview in his office last week.

People will take them more seriously now that they have given Childress $20 million guaranteed over three seasons, the biggest contract in basketball outside the United States. The team pays the Greek taxes, the 10 percent agent’s fee and provides Childress’s housing and expenses, so the deal will really cost Olympiacos $30 million.

No one in N.B.A. circles is laughing because Olympiacos, with a $70 million operating budget, could be in the free-agent market.

what was their budget for this year?

Obstructed_View
10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
The owners watch NBA league pass all the time. They are also ones make decision on who they sign. You are crazy if you think they will offer huge contract to Marbury. is this stupid joke?

They set aside increase of $20 million net salary or same as about $40 million gross per year NBA contract for one player in budget increase next year and you think this is for Marbury? Some people here are retards. Like all PAO fans I hate Olympiacos but their owners is very very smart. There is only one player in NBA they can be target with this salary and is not Marbury.

So are they going to kidnap someone and force them to take all that money? When money's all you have to throw at someone, expect guys who only care about money to show up. I only mentioned Marbury because Derek Coleman is over the hill.

The top players in the NBA didn't work their asses off to be a big turd in a little toilet, even if they are the richest turd in the world.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
what was their budget for this year?

This year budget is $50 millions from what club President say in Greek press.

ata
10-13-2008, 02:48 PM

http://shrani.si/f/42/81/4cNzkj1Q/6/k2izrd.gif

Allanon
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Kobe, LeBron, DWade, CP3, DWilliams, Duncan, Bosh, Dwight Howard.... NO

Chauncy Billups, Steve Nash, Boozer...maybe

Josh Smith, Shawn Marion, Shane Battier ... probably

Stephon Marbury, Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry... yes

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Kobe, LeBron, DWade, CP3, DWilliams, Duncan, Bosh, Dwight Howard.... NO

Chauncy Billups, Steve Nash, Boozer...maybe

Josh Smith, Shawn Marion, Shane Battier ... probably

Stephon Marbury, Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry... yes

You are idiot. If this is case why does Childress just get the $11 million a year?

Allanon
10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
You are idiot. If this is case why does Childress just get the $11 million a year?

Childress is not an elite NBA player...good but not elite.

Good players will go to Europe, but not Elite players (in their prime).

The Franchise
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
^^Childress isn't even that good. I've watched a lot of Hawks games and never really understood the hype that everyone gave him. He is a decent role player and nothing more. You are right Allanon no elite players would go to play in Europe because they can get the same or better money here. Now if someone offered 30-40 million a year then things would change, but you would never be able to build a competetive team around them with the money that's left.

Mad_Hatter
10-13-2008, 04:25 PM
have fun watching Marion's ugly shot. he wants the money and be the big shot on the team... eurotrash league is the place for him.

DPG21920
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
I can definitely see Allen Iverson going over to play. He is a UFA next year.